What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (7 Viewers)

If you're the Bears, there's no way you can keep Foles AND Wentz.

Man, really do not want Foles though. Although - maybe giving him the starting job and watching him suck will finally be the things that convinces the weird fanboys to let it go.

Don’t disagree. Given Howie was telling the HC who to activate/deactivate on game days, how empowered would Doug be to forcefully coach the guy who Howie paid $128M while mounting a life sized Wentz poster in his office?

Verbiage. Thankfully Howie didn’t actually mount the poster but he did put it up on his wall. 

please share the links 
Dude how have you not at least looked into this garbage headline yourself? 

:shrug:  I think he's definitely worth a first. Teams spend 1sts ALL THE TIME on unproven QBs....who often fail. This is a guy who not so long ago made a legitimate run at an MVP title. I get the contract issues, but also get that if he returns to even just 2019 levels he's not that expensive. The cap hit to another team simply isn't that bad with Philly eating much of the bonuses.

Saying that....there's certainly too much risk to justify a high first or multiple firsts. Indy's #1 feels about right to me....and that's a team and situation that would be perfect for Wentz to walk into and succeed. Chicago.....isn't.

ETA: Still don't want him moved at all. 
Agree I really want to keep him.  But he doesn't want to be here man, I think its just beyond repair at this point.  Maybe best for a fresh start for both of us, just like it was with Andy.

If we get COHEN+FOLES+PICK 20, that's huge.

If you're the Bears, there's no way you can keep Foles AND Wentz.

Man, really do not want Foles though. Although - maybe giving him the starting job and watching him suck will finally be the things that convinces the weird fanboys to let it go.
Bears fans don’t have the fixation on Foles though. Could work there

No offence Nick, we’ll always have 2017 (and 2013), but it didn’t work out and I don’t want you back.
Foles isn't good enough to be our starter.  And Hero-Foles as a backup to Hurts?  Why would you do that to the kid? 

It's like Howie is hellbent on having a QB controversy.

Foles isn't good enough to be our starter.  And Hero-Foles as a backup to Hurts?  Why would you do that to the kid? 

It's like Howie is hellbent on having a QB controversy.
It’s the same kind of disconnected stupidity that makes you draft a QB in round 2 and say you’re creating a QB factory. It’s unbelievable how stupid this organization has become if he comes back.  

Eskin now echoes it as well but adds that we will also give a pick:

Rumors all over tonight on #Eagles trade of QB Carson Wentz. Here’s what I’m told. Wentz and a draft pick to #Bears for number 1 draft pick, QB Nick Foles, and RB Tarik Cohen who is coming off ACL injury but should be ready in September. @SportsRadioWIP

Eskin now echoes it as well but adds that we will also give a pick:

Rumors all over tonight on #Eagles trade of QB Carson Wentz. Here’s what I’m told. Wentz and a draft pick to #Bears for number 1 draft pick, QB Nick Foles, and RB Tarik Cohen who is coming off ACL injury but should be ready in September. @SportsRadioWIP
The pick we send them better not be pick 6 lol

there's no way the league lets this trade go down on SB Sunday so this is going to fester another 36 hours at least. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. Draft picks only. You can get mediocre player for cheap on the open market. 

No offence Nick, we’ll always have 2017 (and 2013), but it didn’t work out and I don’t want you back. 

Tarik Cohen is the other name I’ve heard which would be almost as dumb. I’d rather have extra picks, even late rounders that that. 
Eating the Foles contract I’m sure would be part of the deal to give up good picks. 

Don’t disagree. Given Howie was telling the HC who to activate/deactivate on game days, how empowered would Doug be to forcefully coach the guy who Howie paid $128M while mounting a life sized Wentz poster in his office?
Thats already been proven false. It was a mural/poster with Cox and Wentz and I believe one other guy. McLane sugar coated it for a better story. 

I’d bet money he’s gone after this year. I think he’s only back to fix the cap mess he created.

And I should have added more context to this one. A former player bashing the team surly has an axe to grind as well, so take that FWIW

Definitely. I mentioned it a bunch but I thought Doug should have been coaching with “F U money” but he coached scared more and more after the SB. So strange. 
Depends who the player is IMHO. There's certain ex players you know take a grain of salt and then there's the Chris Long's of the world who you know if he mentions something bad it's not because he has an ax to grind but it's true. 

And yeah my take the whole time has been Howie is only back to help fix the cap mess he created himself. Howie has been able to get out of the mess before plus it allows a new GM to come in here and work with some flexibility and a clean slate. 

“Source is telling me Bears deal for Wentz is close. Foles is speculated to be included with another offensive player and a first rounder.”

If this F’ing dude brings Foles back I will lose my ####. I am not a Hurts guy but JFC if he’s the guy let him be the guy. 
Hurts doesn't have a lot o support from what I was told which is why I still wonder why they even picked the guy to begin with. You'd think a guy coming off his rookie year they drafted in the 2nd round would have more supporters. Which leads me to believe the Eagles don't think he is the guy and Hurts may have been another move to possible please Doug. 

Some idiot on twitter had this fine trade. Had me ROFL

Eagles get

Tarik Cohen

Nick Foles

Bears 1st this year

Bears get 

Carson Wentz

This years Eagles 2nd

So as promised I talked to one of the Florida guys but he hadn't seen my message to him till tonight. Here's what he said about Johnson Both the guys I asked was Felipe Franks and Kyle Trask btw. 

"Hey man! Sorry, I didn’t see this at first. Anyway, from what people on the team I know tell me, Johnson is great at simplifying things for the QB and then slowly ramping up the responsibilities or expectations if the QB is successful. I’d say the QB development at Florida for both those guys (plus Emory Jones) was about 60/40 in favor of Mullen vs. Johnson. Johnson would run all the film sessions and would do most of the game day coaching, but the practice coaching was almost all Mullen. Hope that helps!"

• Smile
Reactions: Ash
Someone mentioned this the other day how we have 20 something pages in the 2021 Eagles Thread and well we are now at 32 and we just reached SB Sunday. To put this in perspective The TB thread for 2020 a team playing in the SB tomorrow only has 2 pages total. Yes you Read that right and it was started in September 2020. Just wanted to say glad I can post ( I know some of you hate my lengthy posts  :P ) in a thread with some really knowledgeable and passionate fans of my favorite team. Would hate to be rooting for one of these teams here who has barely 10 pages or worse no team thread. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ash
Now, I’m ok with them bringing back Foles if they think there’s a market for Hurts...
If Foles comes back I was assuming he’s the clear back up and just to honor him for being BDN Super Bowl champ? We don’t want him seeing the field do we?

If Foles comes back I was assuming he’s the clear back up and just to honor him for being BDN Super Bowl champ? We don’t want him seeing the field do we?
Based on talent, yes.

However, there's no way Hurts has a clear shot to prove himself with the spectre of Foles hanging over him. Any other vet I'd be fine with. Foles? Trade Hurts.

Foles can’t be on this roster. Love the guy will always be an Eagles legend. But he should sign a one day deal at the end of his career so he can retire an Eagle. 

Agree I really want to keep him.  But he doesn't want to be here man, I think its just beyond repair at this point.  Maybe best for a fresh start for both of us, just like it was with Andy.

If we get COHEN+FOLES+PICK 20, that's huge.
I agree, and I get it. Was more about replying to others in here saying Wentz NOT worth a 1st. I whole-heartedly disagree with that notion, even with his contract

Eating the Foles contract I’m sure would be part of the deal to give up good picks. 
Right, before considering whether Wentz is actually worth his current contract the Bears don't have the space for him regardless. Gotta force some contracts on the Eagles and they'll probably have to create more space on top anyway. 

If the Eagles can get the 20 pick for him, that is a great return imo. Trading for Foles is curious though. Is it just a cap move for the Bears? Agree with the people here that Foles back in Philly would start an instant QB controversy among the fans. I can imagine the dumb calls to WIP already. Sportstalkers would love it, that’s for sure. 

Although an even more hilarious outcome would be if Wentz and Foles ended up on the same team again.

So we are getting rid of Wentz....and Hurts....to have Foles? No thanks. 
I would say more we are getting rid of Wentz and Hurts to have a fresh rookie in 2022.

I think at this point, that's my preferred option. I dont think Wentz is gonna figure it out here, he clearly is checked out. Im not sold on Hurts. Foles is obviously not good. This season is a bust - doesn't matter, this season will be a losing one. I'd prefer to give Hurts a chance in case I'm wrong - but I dont know what kind of chance hed have with Foles as backup.

If the Eagles can get the 20 pick for him, that is a great return imo. Trading for Foles is curious though. Is it just a cap move for the Bears? Agree with the people here that Foles back in Philly would start an instant QB controversy among the fans. I can imagine the calls to WIP already. Sportstalkers would love it, that’s for sure. 

Although an even more hilarious outcome would be if Wentz and Foles ended up on the same team again.
I think that hilarious outcome is a big part of why Chicago would move him.

I would say more we are getting rid of Wentz and Hurts to have a fresh rookie in 2022.

I think at this point, that's my preferred option. I dont think Wentz is gonna figure it out here, he clearly is checked out. Im not sold on Hurts. Foles is obviously not good. This season is a bust - doesn't matter, this season will be a losing one. I'd prefer to give Hurts a chance in case I'm wrong - but I dont know what kind of chance hed have with Foles as backup.
Foles has been terrible at his last 2 stops, I can’t see anyone that’s paid attention seriously thinking he’s more than a backup at this stage. 

If the Eagles can get the 20 pick for him, that is a great return imo
How would you feel if we were getting #20, but we were giving up #37 (our 2nd rounder) in return? I think that's more likely than a straight gain of a 1st round pick. It helps the Eagles save face and tout that they "got a 1st round pick in return" but in reality it would just get us a move-up of 17 spots for our 2nd pick in the draft. 

A pick swap to move 17 spots and 2 players (Foles? A CB?) for Wentz may wind up being the best-case outcome. We got more value for Bradford. 

How would you feel if we were getting #20, but we were giving up #37 (our 2nd rounder) in return? I think that's more likely than a straight gain of a 1st round pick. It helps the Eagles save face and tout that they "got a 1st round pick in return" but in reality it would just get us a move-up of 17 spots for our 2nd pick in the draft. 

A pick swap to move 17 spots and 2 players (Foles? A CB?) for Wentz may wind up being the best-case outcome. We got more value for Bradford. 
I obviously wouldn’t like that as much for you guys, but I would probably still do it. I think the bridges are burned with Wentz at this point and it’s best to move on. But it’s tough to say not knowing what the market is for him. Were the Colts ever in play? If so it would be easier to play Chicago and Indy off each other and get a better return, but it’s tough if it’s mainly just the Bears with serious interest.

I will say that I think some good talent is going to be available at 20 this year. Especially if this ridiculous notion of five QBs going in the top 10-15 picks actually happens. As a Skins fan, I’m really liking the projected talent that could drop and be there at 19. 

Yep. This entire thing is a colossal failure across the board. If Wentz is successful all Foles and Hurts will hear about us him even after he’s gone. 

And I just noticed that Cohen, who’s rumored to be part of this deal, is coming off of ACL surgery and is the 13th highest lad RB next year. 

For 17 spots im just telling Wentz he’s staying. 

“Source is telling me Bears deal for Wentz is close. Foles is speculated to be included with another offensive player and a first rounder.”

If this F’ing dude brings Foles back I will lose my ####. I am not a Hurts guy but JFC if he’s the guy let him be the guy. 
That has to be a troll job. No way they send Foles back a 3rd time with a 3rd coach.

Wanted to see Andy get another one tonight. Not looking good. Man does it feel good we sent Brady him with a big L when we won it. He’s a beast but man I can’t stand him. 

Users who are viewing this thread