What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (4 Viewers)

Per Kaplan and Mosher Eagles restructured Jake Elliot's contract just not announced yet

They note Eagles are asking for at least a 3rd rounder for TE Zach Ertz with no-one biting on it

Both heard the Eagles are interested in Jacoby Brisset. however The team was interested in Bringing Home Local Former Delaware QB Joe Flacco. However upon hearing he needed Surgery that interest cooled off fast. 

I know it’s not ideal but I want TY Hilton. We need a solid veteran who’s familiar with the scheme and can play day 1. Make it happen Howie. 

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

The #Eagles have given long-time TE Zach Ertz, one of the faces of their franchise, permission to seek a trade, source said. Several teams have been engaged.

4:36 PM · Mar 16, 2021

Brisset agrees to a 1 yrs deal with MIA. 

Tyrod Taylor took a 1 yrs deal with HOU with big incentives in case he's starting if HOU does windup trading Watson

Per Kaplan and Mosher Eagles restructured Jake Elliot's contract just not announced yet

They note Eagles are asking for at least a 3rd rounder for TE Zach Ertz with no-one biting on it

Both heard the Eagles are interested in Jacoby Brisset. however The team was interested in Bringing Home Local Former Delaware QB Joe Flacco. However upon hearing he needed Surgery that interest cooled off fast. 
Joe flacco?🤢

I would rather play an unknown rookie

Marquis Goodwin was sent back to SF for a 7th rounder in 21. Goodwin will most likely be rebased by SF per Tim McManus 
Damn.  I was actually excited to see him here but we never even got a chance.  All that speed we acquired at WR last year has vanished. 

I can't blame Howie on that one. Not his fault the guy opted out for Covid.  
yeah.  just seems like ALOT of moves he makes end up being a waste of time and/or money.  either by injury, ineffectiveness, covid, whatever.  sure seems to happen all the time

So now we are linked to Watson after he’s presumably getting sued for some sort of sexual harassment? Sweet
Watson seems like a great guy and I'm not going give an opionion on a case I know nothing about but I won't be surprised if something did happen. A lot of these guys aren't choir boys and lead a double life. One in front of the cameras the other where they can't get their past lives out. When these guys get into the NFL during the NFL Rookie meetings they are told to cut cold turkey anyone who will be a bad influence even if thats close family. Can't give you any opinions on Watson's case and maybe he was just in wrong spot at a bad time but a lot of these guys I hear stuff and go "not surprised" anymore. 

Another waste of time by howie
I’m as down on Howie as anyone, but nobody could predict Covid or that Goodwin would opt out.  Not sure on the mechanics of how this worked but getting a pick back when he would have been cut is solid.

With Hunter Henrey and Jonnu Smith getting Paid in NE it wouldn't be a shock if the Eagles do draft TE Kyle Pitts if there at 6. No question Goedert is getting paid but how much now is the question and he's certainly better than Jonnu Smith for his career. 

Seriously I came here tonight to laugh at all the hot takes from the Philly media throwing a temper tantrum because they couldn't be at Wentz's introductory Colts press conference. Just because how butt hurt these wannabe NY media guys are. But then I found this that I didn't know about on crossing broad going through my Facebook while trying to wind down after work. For those who remember Giovani the kid who is a super Wentz fan with a disability was on video meeting Wentz. It was a real tear jerker in happy moments and one of my last memories of Carson Wentz being here how he hung out with that kid all day at Practice. Most of the team got involved too with it and gave the kid such an awesome experience. He's since gotten a bonding friendship with Carson that will last a life time and numerous Eagles players he's befriended. About 2 weeks ago Little G was on a Zoom call for Carson's A01 Foundation and Carson and his wife with the baby made a surprise appearance. Giovani is having another surgery soon and wanted to wish him luck. He's so popular that Colts CB Kenny Moore after Giovani posted a video of being upset Carson was traded, that he could come see the Colts anytime in indy when he wants and see them and Carson. This kid is very popular amongst NFL players. He's shown support for Travis Kelce as well as Liking Dak Prescott (Not sure the backstory on that one though) so it just shows you how special this kid is when he puts a smile on a lot of these guys faces. Really shows the human side of these athletes. 

As any fan would want to do Yesterday Giovani wanted to show off his new Carson Wentz #2 Colts Jersey that the Colts and Carson sent him. What transpired from some animals (I can't even call them humans) on twitter was gut wrenching an uncalled for. The attacks starting on the typical Carson Sucks, he's a loser etc. Then some of these clowns had the nerve to Got after Giovani himself. It got so bad Giovani's mom had to come on Today and say we are limiting Giovani's Twitter. He will be on to post his news and promos for his podcast but won't be interacting with anyone anymore including the fans who support him. They do not want to take away what he likes as Giovani mentioned to them with the Pandemic and lockdown the podcast and all have really saved him mentally. Honestly I'm gonna refrain to what I really want to say about these clowns as I don't want to get a ban. But seriously congratulations to the cowards who call themselves "Eagles Fans" (You aren't real in my book) you didn't defend Philly's "tough guy" look at you. You just embarrassed us yet again. I also want to thank radio Stations like WIP and 97.5 for participate in the whole "we gotta protect our tough guy image" with their misogyny, sexism, macho hoorah and Coach GM Ideas. 

Eagles "fans" and some other garbage go after Carson Wentz SuperFan and disabled Podcaster Giovani on Twitter for wearing Wentz Colts Jersey

EDIT: That Raiders "fan" they screen shot his tweet is a real winner. As Many of you know here Mike Mayock the former NFL Network NFL Draft Expert and local guy in Delco is the Raiders GM. Digging through this Clowns twitter he's also harassing Mike's Daughter Leigh who I happen to know. So the dude is a real winner. 

Apologies for the RANT but seriously this type of thing really gets to me personally. I hope Karma happens to every single wannabe keyboard warriors who participated in this. 

Now back to football news: 

@RobMaaddi

#Falcons could be an obstacle for #Eagles getting a chance to draft Kyle Pitts at No. 6. Hearing Atlanta has interest in him at 4.

Esp from Howie.   Can't trust anything he says or does.   Or any moves he makes sadly
I found it interesting despite reports that Lurie said "to build around Hurts" They were very non committal on announcing Hurts as the starter. Which tells me everything I've heard still seems true that the Organization as a whole isn't sold on Hurts. 

Eagles signed Safety Andrew Adams who will replace Rudy Ford as the Special Teams guy

Eagles also signed Adrian Killins to a 2 yrs deal 

Seriously I came here tonight to laugh at all the hot takes from the Philly media throwing a temper tantrum because they couldn't be at Wentz's introductory Colts press conference. Just because how butt hurt these wannabe NY media guys are. But then I found this that I didn't know about on crossing broad going through my Facebook while trying to wind down after work. For those who remember Giovani the kid who is a super Wentz fan with a disability was on video meeting Wentz. It was a real tear jerker in happy moments and one of my last memories of Carson Wentz being here how he hung out with that kid all day at Practice. Most of the team got involved too with it and gave the kid such an awesome experience. He's since gotten a bonding friendship with Carson that will last a life time and numerous Eagles players he's befriended. About 2 weeks ago Little G was on a Zoom call for Carson's A01 Foundation and Carson and his wife with the baby made a surprise appearance. Giovani is having another surgery soon and wanted to wish him luck. He's so popular that Colts CB Kenny Moore after Giovani posted a video of being upset Carson was traded, that he could come see the Colts anytime in indy when he wants and see them and Carson. This kid is very popular amongst NFL players. He's shown support for Travis Kelce as well as Liking Dak Prescott (Not sure the backstory on that one though) so it just shows you how special this kid is when he puts a smile on a lot of these guys faces. Really shows the human side of these athletes. 

As any fan would want to do Yesterday Giovani wanted to show off his new Carson Wentz #2 Colts Jersey that the Colts and Carson sent him. What transpired from some animals (I can't even call them humans) on twitter was gut wrenching an uncalled for. The attacks starting on the typical Carson Sucks, he's a loser etc. Then some of these clowns had the nerve to Got after Giovani himself. It got so bad Giovani's mom had to come on Today and say we are limiting Giovani's Twitter. He will be on to post his news and promos for his podcast but won't be interacting with anyone anymore including the fans who support him. They do not want to take away what he likes as Giovani mentioned to them with the Pandemic and lockdown the podcast and all have really saved him mentally. Honestly I'm gonna refrain to what I really want to say about these clowns as I don't want to get a ban. But seriously congratulations to the cowards who call themselves "Eagles Fans" (You aren't real in my book) you didn't defend Philly's "tough guy" look at you. You just embarrassed us yet again. I also want to thank radio Stations like WIP and 97.5 for participate in the whole "we gotta protect our tough guy image" with their misogyny, sexism, macho hoorah and Coach GM Ideas. 

Eagles "fans" and some other garbage go after Carson Wentz SuperFan and disabled Podcaster Giovani on Twitter for wearing Wentz Colts Jersey

EDIT: That Raiders "fan" they screen shot his tweet is a real winner. As Many of you know here Mike Mayock the former NFL Network NFL Draft Expert and local guy in Delco is the Raiders GM. Digging through this Clowns twitter he's also harassing Mike's Daughter Leigh who I happen to know. So the dude is a real winner. 

Apologies for the RANT but seriously this type of thing really gets to me personally. I hope Karma happens to every single wannabe keyboard warriors who participated in this. 
Every day it becomes more clear. Twitter was a mistake.

WWE is a tentatively agreed to TiK Tok boxing match that won't happen because of Floyd Mayweather fight. ANyway there was talk of Logan Paul hosting mania. Take with a grain of Salt but Logan Paul might be put in a match with Goldberg. Take with a grain of salt as the thing is stupid but apparently that is something WWE is looking at.

I found it interesting despite reports that Lurie said "to build around Hurts" They were very non committal on announcing Hurts as the starter. Which tells me everything I've heard still seems true that the Organization as a whole isn't sold on Hurts. 
Well they shouldn't be completely sold on him.   They are in a tough spot for sure.

need2know said:
Well they shouldn't be completely sold on him.   They are in a tough spot for sure.
Oh I agree I'm just saying I think the Hurts fan thinking the Job is secure are in for a rude surprise. Like I said I heard in January from 3 different people who still believe this now that the Eagles starter for Opening day 2022 is not on the Roster right now. Most of the Eagles Higher ups didn't want to get rid of Wentz especially Lurie. He was hoping Wentz would stick it out for this year and said we all had a tough year and interesting one with this pandemic. Lets wipe the slate clean and go from there. Obviously Carson and his Agent didn't see anyway to reconcile. They are promised one thing only for the team to do the complete 180 of what they've promised. Obviously they had enough of it. The biggest problem for him is Roseman which we all know. 

Rob Maaddi said on twitter Carson isn't going to publicly or privately bash the Eagles or anyone inside it. Thats not the type of person he is or ever will be so don't expect some big news breaking story on that ever. 

I'm not even sure what our goal is / should be for next season.  Try to win the NFC East and get a the experience of a home playoff game?  Hope for a .500 season?  Hope for a .500 record against NFC East opponents?  Unload vets and play a bunch of young guys to "see what we've got" and look for the best draft pick in 2022?

At this point, my only goal is to go see them play in Vegas and hope they win that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Shefty:

JuJu Smith-Schuster also turned down more money on a multi-year deal from the Eagles than he took to return to the Steelers, per source. The Eagles’ were a secret suitor. But Smith-Schuster loved Pittsburgh and its fans too much to leave.

In this case, JuJu Smith-Schuster’s agent called the Eagles to gauge their interest; those were the discussions. The Eagles did not wind up courting him. JuJu back to Pittsburgh, which was what he wanted.

Per Shefty:

JuJu Smith-Schuster also turned down more money on a multi-year deal from the Eagles than he took to return to the Steelers, per source. The Eagles’ were a secret suitor. But Smith-Schuster loved Pittsburgh and its fans too much to leave.

In this case, JuJu Smith-Schuster’s agent called the Eagles to gauge their interest; those were the discussions. The Eagles did not wind up courting him. JuJu back to Pittsburgh, which was what he wanted.
Why but just snag Galladay than? I’m glad they didn’t get Juju that’s tik tok stuff would I not go over well here. 

DJackson10 said:
WWE is a tentatively agreed to TiK Tok boxing match that won't happen because of Floyd Mayweather fight. ANyway there was talk of Logan Paul hosting mania. Take with a grain of Salt but Logan Paul might be put in a match with Goldberg. Take with a grain of salt as the thing is stupid but apparently that is something WWE is looking at.
I actually read all this. Huh?

Per Shefty:

i'm very happy about this if true, or even if not true. Juju still getting paid for his skill as a great 2 next to AB even though he was and will never be good enough to be a 1.

I swear this has nothing to do with my hate for all players from USC.

I'm not even sure what our goal is / should be for next season.  Try to win the NFC East and get a the experience of a home playoff game?  Hope for a .500 season?  Hope for a .500 record against NFC East opponents?  Unload vets and play a bunch of young guys to "see what we've got" and look for the best draft pick in 2022?

At this point, my only goal is to go see them play in Vegas and hope they win that one.
  1. Find a QB
  2. Retain solid young players if possible (Barnett, Goedert Mailata)
  3. Increase overall young talent level
  4. Prepare to move on from declining / injury prone older players as soon as you can. (Brooks, Johnson maybe, McLeod etc)
They shouldn’t be looking at much beyond those points this year.

1. Find a QB
i assume 1a then is once and for all evaluate Hurts, so 1b is what, draft another later round QB? not many QB of the future types out there for trade.

also, Miles contract is up in 2022. assuming a full season in 2021 with a half decent team, he's going to command quite a pay day to reup. he's pretty much the only good offensive weapon we have at this time with a potential to be a top weapon in the league, so we actually need to find a backup plan for him, too. granted it's not the biggest thing we should worry about this year.

i assume 1a then is once and for all evaluate Hurts, so 1b is what, draft another later round QB? not many QB of the future types out there for trade.

also, Miles contract is up in 2022. assuming a full season in 2021 with a half decent team, he's going to command quite a pay day to reup. he's pretty much the only good offensive weapon we have at this time with a potential to be a top weapon in the league, so we actually need to find a backup plan for him, too. granted it's not the biggest thing we should worry about this year.
I like Sanders, but giving a huge contract to a rb is a sucker bet. 

I like Sanders, but giving a huge contract to a rb is a sucker bet. 
agree, but if he's still the only weapon we have next year and he bounces, then 2023 becomes our first year of rebuild, etc. was looking at a worst case scenario kind of thing if hurts isn't the guy and we don't find "the guy" this year or next, which brings my mind back to maybe taking a QB at 6 this year isn't the worst idea, except for i don't like any of the QB's in the draft this year.

holy run on sentence, i know, but you get the gist. so generally agree with Ash's point #1, but can we do that without taking a QB with our first pick this year?

And if you get a second check out the Wentz interview on Pat McAfee’s show. 

Basically our media is trash (shocker) and both now him AND Doug say the reports of them having a fractured relationship are “greatly exaggerated”

And odd that he says he likes Ballard because “he’s a straight-shooter. ... To me, in this business, honesty is everything.”

#FireHowie

Users who are viewing this thread