What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (10 Viewers)

I can only assume there were no takers and they refuse to cut him.
If there are genuinely no takers, they should cut him and let Goedert play.  I hope this isn't Howie misjudging the market and being stubborn.  Ertz money can be used for extensions or rolled forwards.  He's been a great Eagle but it's time to move on, even if it means cutting him.  This situation should have been resolved months ago, the team has botched it.

Also, please no 12 personnel.

If there are genuinely no takers, they should cut him and let Goedert play.  I hope this isn't Howie misjudging the market and being stubborn.  Ertz money can be used for extensions or rolled forwards.  He's been a great Eagle but it's time to move on, even if it means cutting him.  This situation should have been resolved months ago, the team has botched it.

Also, please no 12 personnel.
Is it stubbornness or perhaps setting the precedent that after the Wentz drama a lesser player can’t complain his way out of town without due compensation?

Is it stubbornness or perhaps setting the precedent that after the Wentz drama a lesser player can’t complain his way out of town without due compensation?
The difference is that I’m pretty sure Ertz is a free agent at the end of the year. He’s gone either way, you may as well save the money. 

The difference is that I’m pretty sure Ertz is a free agent at the end of the year. He’s gone either way, you may as well save the money. 
If Ertz can rebound though - having him AND Goedert can only help Hurts succeed. 
They also might be hoping for a decent showing sparking some trade interest... We kept Celek though even after we re-signed Ertz, so there is precedent for keeping around a vet TE to help move his replacement along.

Talk to one of my guys today about Ertz:

basically Howie missed took what the Market was for Ertz. They weren't taking anything less then a 4-5 I believe. Last I heard trade offers were for 6 and 7 that came in with not much else

Ertz Agents are pretty annoyed but Zach himself was in agreement with the team if a trade couldn't be worked out he'd have no issue being a professional and coming to camp at the least

This doesn't mean Ertz will be here come week 1 and could very well be traded by the Deadline and hope he gets some value back especially if the team is as bad as many believe they will be. 

The team is also hoping to take advantage of a situation similar to the Vikings Bridgewater case that had Bradford traded. Where a contender losers their big time TE and need to win now and will give a desperate offer and take advantage of a guy on the last year (22 and 23 can be voided). 

They're under the cap now. The whole point of cutting Ertz was thinking they needed the cap space. Now that they're good, no point in giving him away. Another veteran weapon for Hurts who is motivated to prove he can still play is good to have. Plus it's not like they have a lot of depth at TE. The money is already spent. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They're under the cap now. The whole point of cutting Ertz was thinking they needed the cap space. Now that they're good, no point in giving him away. Another veteran weapon for Hurts who is motivated to prove he can still play is good to have. Plus it's not like they have a lot of depth at TE. The money is already spent. 
It's not really already spent since cap space can roll over (even over multiple years) so it's not a "use it or lose it" type thing. And even though they are under the cap now, it's literally just barely ($2MM) and they traditionally like to have some breathing room in case of in-season injuries. 

If they truly think of this as a "rebuild year" it makes more sense to free up $8.5MM in cap space instead of keeping him and taking time away from Goedert's development (and evaluation for whether or not to pay him a big 2nd contract.) There's also the risk he gets injured in camp, or early in the year, and you basically wasted $8.5MM in cap space.

I think moving on is the right thing to do for the team and still believe there's a high probability he's gone before the season starts. But they've screwed up obvious things before, like carrying Alshon last season and wasting a roster spot for months, followed by giving him snaps over the younger guys late in the season. :shrug:  

It's not really already spent since cap space can roll over (even over multiple years) so it's not a "use it or lose it" type thing. And even though they are under the cap now, it's literally just barely ($2MM) and they traditionally like to have some breathing room in case of in-season injuries. 

If they truly think of this as a "rebuild year" it makes more sense to free up $8.5MM in cap space instead of keeping him and taking time away from Goedert's development (and evaluation for whether or not to pay him a big 2nd contract.) 

I think moving on is the right thing to do for the team and still believe there's a high probability he's gone before the season starts. But they've screwed up obvious things before, like carrying Alshon last season and wasting a roster spot for months, followed by giving him snaps over the younger guys late in the season. :shrug:  
I agree that the best case scenario is that they get a pick and can move on. But Ertz is not a locker room cancer like Alshon was. 

I agree that the best case scenario is that they get a pick and can move on. But Ertz is not a locker room cancer like Alshon was. 
Definitely not. However, just him still being there (and maybe being relegated to a back-up) still could cause a bit of a distraction for the team if it snowballs from the media coverage. "SB hero treated like poop" is a likely narrative. 

Not looking forward to how similar "end of the road in Philly" scenarios play out in the next couple years with guys like BG and Fletch. 

Eskin now saying he believes there’s a “90% chance the Eagles trade for Watson”

Im onboard 
initial reaction is i'm excited. thinking about it though, let's say this happen, watson will be suspended for a part or all of the season. so hurts is a lame duck during that time. how does a qb perform at peak levels under these circumstances? the odds of hurts outperforming watson's potential is absolute zero. as a fan excited for 2022 i guess in that case. i think this is the first time i feel bad for hurts. it's the same thing wentz went through with a different name.

Couple thoughts.

Ertz: Count me in the basket of guys that want him around. Sure money, yadda yadda yadda, we get so much off the books next year, as some mentioned, no sense in giving him away. I think we/some might be not seeing how much 12-personnel we will use in this new offense. Ertz+Goedert or GoedErtz will be very effective in these formations. Ertz still has a lot left in the tank and is an all time Eagle great. I think sometimes we get caught up in money, but I'd like him around for a while if possible. Even if that kills my fantasy shares of Goedert

Watson: I don't see us burning through that much draft capital in addition to what we already spent on Hurts. Howie likes to wheel and deal and him having all these draft picks is a dream scenario for him and the team. As mentioned, Watson will probably be suspended for a substantial amount of time and honestly would rather just trying to move forward with a QB with no issues for once. Maybe thats just me.

Devonta Smith: Is going to light it up. This coaching staff I believe will get him into spots to have a lot of targets and yards. I haven't been this excited for a WR we drafted since Desean. 

Offensive Line: IF* relatively healthy, this team is going to run and run some more and Miles Sanders should have a really big year. 

17 games here we go I guess!

On Watson, I don't see the rush. We don't know what his suspension will be and Houston is desperate right now. So there's no way I'm giving up the king's ransom for him. Maybe 1 first or even a 2nd right now if they really want to get rid of him. That way we have his rights if Hurts doesn't work out. 

Otherwise, the big deal will still be there next off-season and we'll know more about his situation by then. We'll also know if Hurts can play or not. Of he's good, then pass. We'll use the 3 1sts on players to get this team younger and cap controlled. Plus hurts will cost $1-3m/yr over the next 3 seasons where as Watson will be $40m next year. 

Point is, we don't need to do any deal now unless he's super cheap.

On Watson, I don't see the rush. We don't know what his suspension will be and Houston is desperate right now. So there's no way I'm giving up the king's ransom for him. Maybe 1 first or even a 2nd right now if they really want to get rid of him. That way we have his rights if Hurts doesn't work out. 

Otherwise, the big deal will still be there next off-season and we'll know more about his situation by then. We'll also know if Hurts can play or not. Of he's good, then pass. We'll use the 3 1sts on players to get this team younger and cap controlled. Plus hurts will cost $1-3m/yr over the next 3 seasons where as Watson will be $40m next year. 

Point is, we don't need to do any deal now unless he's super cheap.
I'm not trading anything for that guy unless its a lower picks. Maybe a conditional pick for goals achieved like making playoffs, winning the SB etc but I ain't giving up 2 1sts a couple 2nds and so fourth for a guy a team is desperate to trade and also doesn't want to play there and on top of that has questionable character concerns right now and legal issues. 

Eskin now saying he believes there’s a “90% chance the Eagles trade for Watson”

Im onboard 
On the surface I’d say no team in its right mind would usurp its newly appointed starting high round QB pick from last year with a deal like this. But this is Howie. 

I'm not trading anything for that guy unless its a lower picks. Maybe a conditional pick for goals achieved like making playoffs, winning the SB etc but I ain't giving up 2 1sts a couple 2nds and so fourth for a guy a team is desperate to trade and also doesn't want to play there and on top of that has questionable character concerns right now and legal issues. 
We signed a guy who killed dogs, I'm not ruling anything out...

We signed a guy who killed dogs, I'm not ruling anything out...
Oh I'm not either and I wasn't happy at all with signing said player. I always said glad he got his life together but he should've been banned from life for football. It's a privilege to play pro not entitlement Unfortunately these pro leagues will continue to sign these guys or play them without repercussions as long as fans keep paying to see them on the field. 

While true, and I was not a fan of it, at least there was "no further punishment" coming. Other than from the fans. 
More importantly for me, there actually was punishment. He went to prison, paid his time, turned his life around. Good redemption story. The way this is looking to unfold there will be zero consequences for him (oh, he misses a few games? boo hoo) and his life will continue as normal. Obviously, none of us know what really went down, but it sure as hell doesn't look good.

That aside (assuming you can put that aside), if you can get a top 5 QB who's still only 25/26? Hell yes you make the deal! How much you're willing to pay is the real question.

More importantly for me, there actually was punishment. He went to prison, paid his time, turned his life around. Good redemption story. The way this is looking to unfold there will be zero consequences for him (oh, he misses a few games? boo hoo) and his life will continue as normal. Obviously, none of us know what really went down, but it sure as hell doesn't look good.

That aside (assuming you can put that aside), if you can get a top 5 QB who's still only 25/26? Hell yes you make the deal! How much you're willing to pay is the real question.
Truth here. And honestly, it felt GREAT having a wholesome QB. Until he turned into a little *****.

I'd rather not hear it from the same people that still give me grief over the Vick experience in Philly. 

Truth here. And honestly, it felt GREAT having a wholesome QB. Until he turned into a little *****.

I'd rather not hear it from the same people that still give me grief over the Vick experience in Philly. 
Slight tangent and then I'll shut up. Not defending what Vick did in the slightest, but it always bothered me that what he did he went to prison for, but when Wentz put pics online with him and a whole row of dead animals he shot and killed he's considered wholesome. Society is really messed up.

Even at the risk if there is no punishment law wise something could pop up in the future? Thats the biggest risk a team runs getting him. Theres just too much smoke here. Yeah maybe they settle out of court this one but who's to say 3 yrs from now something does happen that gets attached to him going to court and ending up with a cellmate? 

I'd rather just draft a guy who has a clean slate. It's not like this team is a QB away from competing to be perennial SB contenders year in and year out. if we were Id say maybe it's worth the risk and had we not one in 2017 I'd be a little more desperate. But I'm not desperate enough to bring in a guy where there's too much smoke

Even at the risk if there is no punishment law wise something could pop up in the future? Thats the biggest risk a team runs getting him. Theres just too much smoke here. Yeah maybe they settle out of court this one but who's to say 3 yrs from now something does happen that gets attached to him going to court and ending up with a cellmate? 

I'd rather just draft a guy who has a clean slate. It's not like this team is a QB away from competing to be perennial SB contenders year in and year out. if we were Id say maybe it's worth the risk and had we not one in 2017 I'd be a little more desperate. But I'm not desperate enough to bring in a guy where there's too much smoke
Can't argue your first point, but your second if you have a QB like that then you're almost always a SB contender unless the team is absolute garbage around him (like HOU last year). If you have a known top QB you're ahead of the game, and his cap salary (since the signing bonus wouldn't count) would be a slight bargain compared to the other top QBs in the league.

I agree with you that this probably isn't worth the risk to me, but at the same time you can't just dismiss it without doing a lot of research into him and his situation and know 100% for sure you should pass. The potential to make a positive franchise changing move is too great to pass up completely.

Slight tangent and then I'll shut up. Not defending what Vick did in the slightest, but it always bothered me that what he did he went to prison for, but when Wentz put pics online with him and a whole row of dead animals he shot and killed he's considered wholesome. Society is really messed up.
Dogs are different a family animal. Also Wentz hunts for food like a lot of people in the wilderness or very rural areas do. Vick killed an animal for sport and gambling. One is legal one isn't as well. Now if Wentz was going around shooting endangered animals or on a reserve killing protected wildlife then there's a bigger issue IMHO. Also a lot of people including myself are more emotional to dogs then people. A lot of people suck where Dog is man's best friend. Vick did what he did out of ignorance. I don't hunt but if I could I would. 

Pro Athletics IMHO is a privilege to play not an entitlement. if you go to prison I personally think it's a life time ban. Weed I got no problem players doing but these guys arrested for DUIs, gun charges, domestic violence etc I got very little if any tolerance for and if they are prosecuted should be banned for life. It should also include college to show more accountability. Too many slaps on the wrist. Some regular Joe Schmo did what Vick did they would be banned from that professional job for life. Normal dude has that many allegations as Watson and they are probably already in the slammer. But Athletes and celebs get special treatment routinely while regular John SMith's like us get shafted routinely unless you got a good lawyer, have some money or know people. 

Yes Vick did his time but he was also only sorry at first for getting caught. I felt back then and still do he shouldn't have been allowed back in the league. It sets a bad example no different then the league not suspending Ray Rice for knocking out his wife until a tape went viral publicly and put pressure on the league and Ravens to do something. Unfortunately until more people step up and call out these leagues for bringing these players back in the leagues will continue to hire them as long as they are talented enough and offsets the off the field problems 

Can't argue your first point, but your second if you have a QB like that then you're almost always a SB contender unless the team is absolute garbage around him (like HOU last year). If you have a known top QB you're ahead of the game, and his cap salary (since the signing bonus wouldn't count) would be a slight bargain compared to the other top QBs in the league.

I agree with you that this probably isn't worth the risk to me, but at the same time you can't just dismiss it without doing a lot of research into him and his situation and know 100% for sure you should pass. The potential to make a positive franchise changing move is too great to pass up completely.
Sure you do the research. However for me there's just too much smoke and even if he gets out without any prison time, there's just too much there for potential for a criminal case later to pop up in the next couple of years. Then we are back to square one again. Next year we might have our best chance other then 5 yrs ago to pick a top QB potential franchise guy. I'd rather risk getting my guy then passing, having Watson for a year or so, not make it to the SB and then he's in jail. Thats the risk you are taking here. Passing up on a potential player who could be here for awhile in the draft. 

Sure a top QB like Watson gets you closer but it doesn't make the team. Also we have a lot of questions and uncertainty involving this team currently. I'd like to see where we are at as a team before anything drastic is done 

Proving my point, society is really messed up.
I mean the only thing I can think of here is you think differently about hunting and dogs then myself and others. I don't know what those are. I got zero issue people hunting because some in rural areas need to survive off the land as going to a grocery store a few blocks away or the market is not an option and might have to travel 30-40 mins to the closes town. I got issue with hunting for sport, population control? Sure go ahead. Hunting endangered animals? No. 

Dogs? I'll trust a dog before I trust most people honestly. 

Watson gives them instant legitimacy for a chance at an NFC Championship game.  HIs age is good and if they got him; there's no reason to think they don't have an elite QB for the next 8-10 years.  

That being said, they're in a good position for the future both with Hurts and the three (presumably) First Round picks next year.  If Hurts is good this year and looks to be a legit NFL QB....they're in a great position with their draft capital. If he's average or sucks...they can use the picks to get the QB they want in the draft.

I'd be in on Watson if the price is right/cheap/buyers market.......but I don't think I'm blowing up the draft pick farm for the next 2 years for him.  

I'll be honest. Its going to be hard to root for the Colts this year just so we can have their 1. 

I GET IT.

But at the same time would rather root for them to be the worst team and that turns into a really early 2 and they are stuck with the proposition of drafting a QB themselves. Haha.

Unlikely but I was thinking the opposite end of spectrums - its like a 10 pick difference. 

Watson gives them instant legitimacy for a chance at an NFC Championship game.  HIs age is good and if they got him; there's no reason to think they don't have an elite QB for the next 8-10 years.  

That being said, they're in a good position for the future both with Hurts and the three (presumably) First Round picks next year.  If Hurts is good this year and looks to be a legit NFL QB....they're in a great position with their draft capital. If he's average or sucks...they can use the picks to get the QB they want in the draft.

I'd be in on Watson if the price is right/cheap/buyers market.......but I don't think I'm blowing up the draft pick farm for the next 2 years for him.  
Depends on what blowing up the draft picks farm means exactly. You know what you’re getting in Watson and it’s a young great NFL QB. Is that worth taking the chance on picking the next young great QB? 

His market has to be low and we have been rumored to get him far too many times for far too long. Where there’s smoke there’s fire and love or hate Eskin he’s the most piped in local reporter there is. 

Depends on what blowing up the draft picks farm means exactly. You know what you’re getting in Watson and it’s a young great NFL QB. Is that worth taking the chance on picking the next young great QB? 

His market has to be low and we have been rumored to get him far too many times for far too long. Where there’s smoke there’s fire and love or hate Eskin he’s the most piped in local reporter there is. 
I don't know.     Watson's, without baggage, trade value is PROBABLY every bit HURTS + 2 1sts this year + 1 1st next year AND some combo of 2nds, 3rds and 4ths over the next two years.  He's 26.  He's prime.  He's a great passer.  I'm drawing a brain fart....but I don't remember any high level, prime age QB being moved ever.  

Watson with baggage and the insistance that he doesn't want to play for Texas cuts that down some but I'm not sure what that would be.  In sounds like HOU isn't going to let him go for .50 on the dollar.

Has there been any thoughts as to what it would take for this baggaged version of Watson...without another team in the hunt?  

Has there been any thoughts as to what it would take for this baggaged version of Watson...without another team in the hunt?  
I’m thinking if you offered 2 first round picks it would be done. He doesn’t want to be there and his value is low. I don’t even know who our competition would be. You hear Miami but doubt they’re giving up on Tua so soon and they don’t have enough anyway. 

I'll be honest. Its going to be hard to root for the Colts this year just so we can have their 1. 

I GET IT.

But at the same time would rather root for them to be the worst team and that turns into a really early 2 and they are stuck with the proposition of drafting a QB themselves. Haha.

Unlikely but I was thinking the opposite end of spectrums - its like a 10 pick difference. 
Why would the Colts being good help us get the 1st rounder?  It all just depends on Carson not getting hurt.  There's no advantage to our pick if they win.  We want them to lose.

I'm sure you eat meat?  Wentz' treatment of those animals is far better than the ones that you purchase.

Don't think it's the same thing at all.  Killing for fun vs killing to eat is different.

Why would the Colts being good help us get the 1st rounder?  It all just depends on Carson not getting hurt.  There's no advantage to our pick if they win.  We want them to lose.
It's sort of tied to them winning, though. If Carson is stinking it up and they are not winning, they probably aren't going to keep playing him (which keeps him from hitting the 75% trigger) so they can keep their 1st rounder. 

What we want to root for is a slight combination of him (staying healthy) and playing just ok and the Colts staying in the playoff race for the first 12 or so games before stinking it up the last few weeks and they miss the playoffs. That gives us a late-teens or early 20's first rounder, which is best case.

If they are out of it, or he's hurt, any earlier than that the Colts will definitely have a higher 1st rounder, but will be keeping it for themselves. The consolation prize is then a high second-rounder. 

Worst case is a movie we've all seen before: Wentz plays great, stacks wins then gets hurt in the 12th game before hitting the 75% mark and Jacob Eason comes in and carries them to a Super Bowl. Then we get the last pick in the 2nd round :lol:

It's sort of tied to them winning, though. If Carson is stinking it up and they are not winning, they probably aren't going to keep playing him (which keeps him from hitting the 75% trigger) so they can keep their 1st rounder. 

What we want to root for is a slight combination of him (staying healthy) and playing just ok and the Colts staying in the playoff race for the first 12 or so games before stinking it up the last few weeks and they miss the playoffs. That gives us a late-teens or early 20's first rounder, which is best case.

If they are out of it, or he's hurt, any earlier than that the Colts will definitely have a higher 1st rounder, but will be keeping it for themselves. The consolation prize is then a high second-rounder. 

Worst case is a movie we've all seen before: Wentz plays great, stacks wins then gets hurt in the 12th game before hitting the 75% mark and Jacob Eason comes in and carries them to a Super Bowl. Then we get the last pick in the 2nd round :lol:
Yep, true.  But I think it's unrealistic that the Colts will be so awful this year that they won't be in the playoff race.  They're the favourites to win their div... it would take a miracle for them to not be contenders for at least a playoff spot 75% the way through the season.

We need to cheer for them to lose every game, and for Carson to stay healthy.

Yep, true.  But I think it's unrealistic that the Colts will be so awful this year that they won't be in the playoff race.  They're the favourites to win their div... it would take a miracle for them to not be contenders for at least a playoff spot 75% the way through the season.

We need to cheer for them to lose every game, and for Carson to stay healthy.
Thats my point. Thats the rub for me haha. 

Combination of events I guess is the best scenario. I see them going to the playoffs though. Good line, good young RB. Defense can play, etc. 

Thats my point. Thats the rub for me haha. 

Combination of events I guess is the best scenario. I see them going to the playoffs though. Good line, good young RB. Defense can play, etc. 
Ya so they're already gonna do good, we just have to cheer for them to do the worst as possible for a higher 1st rounder

Deamon said:
I'm sure you eat meat?  Wentz' treatment of those animals is far better than the ones that you purchase.

Don't think it's the same thing at all.  Killing for fun vs killing to eat is different.
You'd be wrong.

Here's the thing with Watson,  the Eagles are going to be bad this year. Why not just take a qb with the top 3 pick I'm pretty sure they are going to have? Less baggage that way.....
I'd be shocked if the Eagles were that bad this year. This is a gamut team this year. A 5 win season wouldn't be surprising, and neither would a playoff berth. The NFC East in a nutshell basically. 

With Watson, I'm not sure the price is going to be anywhere near what it seemed to be 5 months ago. What was once likely 3 1sts+, is likely now just a 1 1st, and maybe some other picks. Obviously the Eagles(or any team) would be taking a huge risk trading 3 1sts for Watson, but if he gets cleared, and you can get him, and still have 2 1sts next year, its a huge upgrade. Watson was arguably the best QB in the NFL in 2020, and has basically no on field weaknesses. Pretty much any rookie QBs absolute ceiling is where Watson currently is, or lower, and he's still only like 26. 

If somehow Watson is absolved, and ends up in Philly, I think they are a playoff contender this season for sure. The Texans went 4-12 last year, with a much less talented team than the Eagles currently have, but had 10 games decided by 1 score last year, they went 2-8 in those games, and in most of them, Watson got them in position to win, only for someone else to blow it. If the Eagles had Watson last year, they would have run away with the NFC East and probably won 10-11 games in my opinion. 

I think the Eagles with Watson, would be somewhat similar to where the Seahawks are with Wilson right now, with maybe a little less certainty as with know a lot less about Sirianni than Carroll. That seems like a better place to be in, than hoping a rookie pans out, though again, only if the price is right.

I'd be shocked if the Eagles were that bad this year. This is a gamut team this year. A 5 win season wouldn't be surprising, and neither would a playoff berth. The NFC East in a nutshell basically. 

With Watson, I'm not sure the price is going to be anywhere near what it seemed to be 5 months ago. What was once likely 3 1sts+, is likely now just a 1 1st, and maybe some other picks. Obviously the Eagles(or any team) would be taking a huge risk trading 3 1sts for Watson, but if he gets cleared, and you can get him, and still have 2 1sts next year, its a huge upgrade. Watson was arguably the best QB in the NFL in 2020, and has basically no on field weaknesses. Pretty much any rookie QBs absolute ceiling is where Watson currently is, or lower, and he's still only like 26. 

If somehow Watson is absolved, and ends up in Philly, I think they are a playoff contender this season for sure. The Texans went 4-12 last year, with a much less talented team than the Eagles currently have, but had 10 games decided by 1 score last year, they went 2-8 in those games, and in most of them, Watson got them in position to win, only for someone else to blow it. If the Eagles had Watson last year, they would have run away with the NFC East and probably won 10-11 games in my opinion. 

I think the Eagles with Watson, would be somewhat similar to where the Seahawks are with Wilson right now, with maybe a little less certainty as with know a lot less about Sirianni than Carroll. That seems like a better place to be in, than hoping a rookie pans out, though again, only if the price is right.
I dunno, I think you're thinking with your heart, not your head. I see 6 wins at best, but 3 at worst. That's a very old defense and a very brittle offensive line. Plus, I don't like Hurts even a little bit.

Their best bet is if they can keep both lines healthy and grind the ball with Sanders. IMO anyway.

Here's the thing people forget though. He's absolved of this but this was a civil suit not a lawsuit nor was he or has been charged with a crime. Say a few of the women settle in court though. There is almost TWO DOZEN WOMEN with the same or similar story. Noway this case doesn't pop up again in another year or two when those girls find a capable lawyer who could make charges stick though. Then the Eagles are back to square 1 anyway. That the biggest risk the team is taking with all of this. Just because he gets in the clear now doesn't mean he's not good for the rest of his career. I'd rather let some other team sucker their way into taking Watson and if something pops up and he doesn't play again then thats their problem not us. 

Users who are viewing this thread