What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (16 Viewers)

... aren't as good when they don't have the GOAT at QB. 
Yeah that’s the going thing but i don’t know where that ends really. Is Daboll only good cause Allen improved? Why did he improve? Was it Daboll? Dorsey (QB coach)? Or was it Allen working hard? Is Andy only good cause he had McNabb and Mahomes? Or did he help them go to the next level? 

In NE their offenses have taken many forms. Ones with slot WR’s being the focus, than Moss, than TE’s, that pass catching RB’s, top production from Cassel, we’ve seen them win with many back up QB’s like Cassel or Brisett. Many guys who seem simply average around Brady yet they win over and over and over. Scheming up offense is much more than just one guy. 

NE has also done an AWFUL job of drafting over the years in addition to picking late. 

I'm all for Daboll, does not appear like he wants to come here, so...

Bienemy's main  point against him is that we just fired a guy who came up as OC under Reid. What would be bring that is new? 
There has to be something there with Bienemy. The league is so much about offense and no one wants him at all? Where there’s smoke. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob Maadi says he was told Daboll is not interested in coming here 
This is playing out exactly how I feared: the top candidates see other openings (or staying where they are) as better. No amount of salary offer from Lurie is going to change that. 

So now we're headed toward getting something from the scratch-and-dent section, like a failed head coach that previously burned bridges with two other teams and didn't get an iota of interest from any of the other teams that were looking for a coach this cycle. 

This is playing out exactly how I feared: the top candidates see other openings (or staying where there are) as better. No amount of salary offer from Lurie is going to change that. 

So now we're headed toward getting something from the scratch-and-dent section, like a failed head coach that previously burned bridges with two other teams and didn't get an iota of interest from any of the other teams that were looking for a coach this cycle. 
To be fair our scratch and dents have been Reid and Doug

Our top candidate was Chip Kelly or Gus Bradly that same year. 

I wanted Daboll but he didn’t go anywhere. That’s equally as concerning 

To be fair our scratch and dents have been Reid and Doug
Not quite. Both were on an upward trajectory and never had been failed head coaches. The last recycled NFL head coach we hired (and the only one in the last 50 years) was Marion Campbell in 1983, who came in with a 6-19 career record as a HC.

Not quite. Both were on an upward trajectory and never had been failed head coaches. The last recycled NFL head coach we hired (and the only one in the last 50 years) was Marion Campbell in 1983, who came in with a 6-19 career record as a HC.
And wasn't Campbell **** Vermeil's DC? So he got the job more because of that than because of what he did in Atlanta. 

By scratch and dents it read like you meant not the top candidates.

I’m not concerned with what the media portrays as the “top” guys. Time will tell on that. Reid and Doug were both unpopular and we had to “settle” for them. Just get the right guy and a good staff. If it’s McDaniels I just hope he can bring some good coaches with him. Maybe he purges from the Bills? 

The Brady talk seems pretty quiet in here... have we given up on him?  He's my top pick now.

Pretty good stuff in here and it's changed my mind on him a bit.  Wouldn't mind the hire at all.
I’d still like Brady as well. 

I know it’s been doom and gloom but this is an area I do trust them on. I’ve been reading a lot about how their interviews are by far the longest (they average 7 hours) of any team and they really dig deep into each candidate. 

The key will be who makes it to a second interview but we’re still going around. 

If McDaniels is the hire, either the team rights the ship and becomes successful again or it blows up completely and everyone gets fired/traded/released in 2 or 3 years. I don't see an in-between scenario happening. 
Which is exactly why I don’t have an issue with it. But hiring some scared yes man is worthless to me

Here's a log of how Josh McDaniels' offenses have ranked in DVOA by season/quarterback

Now, fair play:

Brian Daboll has never had an offense ranked above 20th in DVOA until this season.

Of course, it feels like Daboll's offenses have recently improved, whereas McDaniels'....
As much as I’ve said I’m not in favour of McDaniels as HC, I’ll give him a pass on this year’s offense.  Did you watch Cam play this season?  He looks absolutely physically done.  He can barely throw 20 yards downfield anymore.

I think all those QB runs have taken a toll and he’s just too beat up to play like he used to, or there was another shoulder injury.

As much as I’ve said I’m not in favour of McDaniels as HC, I’ll give him a pass on this year’s offense.  Did you watch Cam play this season?  He looks absolutely physically done.  He can barely throw 20 yards downfield anymore.

I think all those QB runs have taken a toll and he’s just too beat up to play like he used to, or there was another shoulder injury.
Cam has been done.   Got by on physical play he can no longer do

True. Joe Kuharich (in 1964) was the last time we hired an ex-NFL HC that wasn't previously part of the organization. 
And look how well that ended

So despised by Eagles' fans by this time was Kuharich that a plane towing a banner reading "Joe Must Go" circled Franklin Field, the Eagles home field at that time, for all home games of the 1968 season, and for three of the home games a large banner was draped over the upper deck of Franklin Field which read simply "Joe Please Do Us a Favor and Die".

I cannot picture McDaniels going there unless the QB decision is 100% his.
interesting. guessing you know more about McDaniels then most of us Philadelphia fans, do you think he would be a good head coaching candidate? I have some heavy reservations considering how he burned the Colts Head Coach position, but haven't followed McDaniels info enough to really know much about him and if he could oversee a team well or not

McDaniels is intriguing because he’s strong minded which is needed to deal with the Wentz reclamation project and the meddling dopes Howie/Lurie 
McDaniels certainly had no qualms about yelling at Tom Brady on the field and getting yelled at back by him. So he won't take any ####. 

It's an intriguing idea because Denver was 11 years ago now. He has to have learned from that mistake and grown as a person and a coach. From what I've heard, backing out of Indy was them reneging on certain guarantees of power that were promised. Could be his excuse but I could see why that would rub a guy the wrong way. 

Apparently another Jeff McClane hit piece out today that the radio stations have taken as gospel. Chock full of anonymous sources saying Carson is really an ####### behind the scenes that no one likes. 

Doesn't seem biased at all.

Apparently another Jeff McClane hit piece out today that the radio stations have taken as gospel. Chock full of anonymous sources saying Carson is really an ####### behind the scenes that no one likes. 

That should be great for trade value.  :lmao:

Funny that the thinking is that the FO leaked this. Am I wrong or don’t they hate McLane? Can’t see Doug trashing Wentz but I can see his representation or his locker room loyalists/Wentz haters leaking it. 
I have zero question regarding the legitimacy of the article. The team easily gravitated to both of his backups without resistance.

Yea, but man so much smoke, I'd be shocked if it isn't legit. Explains a lot to be honest.

Funny that the thinking is that the FO leaked this. Am I wrong or don’t they hate McLane? Can’t see Doug trashing Wentz but I can see his representation or his locker room loyalists/Wentz haters leaking it. 
I have zero question regarding the legitimacy of the article. The team easily gravitated to both of his backups without resistance.

Yea, but man so much smoke, I'd be shocked if it isn't legit. Explains a lot to be honest.
Yep. And this isn’t new to be “leaked” this is 2 year old stuff at this point rehashed over and over. Doug allowed it and you never heard it when Reich and Flip were here. The second they leave it all starts. 

Regardless it has to stop immediately as do the leaks that seem to come every year as well. Doug let this get way to far out of hand. 

Then these anonymous sources need to step up to the media plate and say "Hey yea that #### is true" and stop hiding behind anonymous to avoid being called out. 

Watching the latest Birds with Friends on youtube, holy moly i am pretty nervous if McDaniels comes here. 

Then these anonymous sources need to step up to the media plate and say "Hey yea that #### is true" and stop hiding behind anonymous to avoid being called out. 
yeah maybe. hard to say because you wonder how much the Eagles org are supporting Carson that you want to come out and state it now. 

Have heard it for a long time though, and from sources that would seem to be somewhat in the know. Who knows, but i agree with Baby Demon that there seems to be so much of it i have to think some of it is true

I know many would got crazy but I wouldn’t be mad. This is team rebuilding anyway and if he’s gone in 3 years so be it. Half of the guys hired this cycle will be as well. But if he’s improved than we may be on to something. I’d be curious to see what kind of staff he could put together as well 
My issue is integrity with Josh and how bad he was at DEN. Leaving the Indy Gig on short notice and the fact he's been in the thick of every NE cheating scandal. He's Bill's top LT and you don't think he Tells Josh everything going on? He's Bill's Yes Man 

interesting. guessing you know more about McDaniels then most of us Philadelphia fans, do you think he would be a good head coaching candidate? I have some heavy reservations considering how he burned the Colts Head Coach position, but haven't followed McDaniels info enough to really know much about him and if he could oversee a team well or not
To be honest I really thought McDaniels was the Coach in waiting in New England but that doesn't appear to be the case...if he leaves it hurts the Pats as he's very good at what he does but I will take that it also means BB isn't going anywhere for awhile so that is great news as a Pats fan...McDaniels is very worthy of another shot as an HC but I am kind of surprised he's interested in Philly because this will probably be his last shot and he is walking into a little bit of a hornet's nest with the QB situation and a tough salary cap...that says to me that whether he likes Wentz or Hurts he likes one of them a real lot and feels very confident he can win with him...as stated by others,  McDaniels was too young when he took over the Denver job and like a few other ex-Patriot Coaches he tried to act like BB which was a recipe for disaster...I gotta believe he learned a valuable lesson from that and understands he has to be his own man while using what he has learned from BB without trying to be him (Flores is a great example of that)...there is no doubt he is one of the better offensive minds in the NFL so I think who he picks as his DC will be a huge hire (if it's Patricia you're in trouble)...the fact Daboll looks like he is not gonna get a job may help if McDaniels gets hired because they probably have some crossover on who they would want on their staff...so, I guess this is a long way of saying that if McDaniels gets hired I can see some fans not being overly excited about it (and I understand why) but if the lessons were learned this could end up being a sneaky good move...when I look at what's out there I do think he is just as worthy as pretty much any other candidate.

My issue is integrity with Josh and how bad he was at DEN. Leaving the Indy Gig on short notice and the fact he's been in the thick of every NE cheating scandal. He's Bill's top LT and you don't think he Tells Josh everything going on? He's Bill's Yes Man 
He chewed out the GOAT. Not sure how anyone could possibly want someone else given the unenviable circumstances 

Nobody complained about this when Jason Peters went directly to Lurie to tell him that Chip had to go. It was one of the things that spurred Lurie to make that decision. 😆
Chip had to go though IMHO. He lost the Locker room. Players were already upset when they cut Jackson and multiple players figured out it was Chip who gave the NJ.com guy Mark Eckel (Dude almost ruined his career over doing the article) the shoddy info to smear Jackson because he figured it'd help PR wise for him and the Eagles. Players were upset Nick Foles got traded for Bradford and then how Shady got traded. Multiple players were going to Duce Staley who was going to Jeffrey Lurie and telling him stuff the players hated about Chip. The team ended up quitting on Kelly after how disrespectful he was to players. Chip walked into that building acting like he was God's greatest gift and had won multiple titles already. Lurie had already positioned himself wise giving Chip total control that final year because he knew if it went south and turned into a dumpster fire he could fire him easier. The Washington Game on MNF or SNF (Can't remember but it was a national game) where Chip gave up instead of going for it was the final straw. That move to Punt the minute that snap went off Kelly was fired. 

The dude was a literal tyrant. He tried to run an NFL team like he would a college team with Bill's tendency's with the Patriots and it back fired big time. I get why the team went with a more player friendly coach but it seems like Doug was way too loyal to coaches and players that he allowed them to do whatever they wanted. 

If they think fixing Carson is the #1 priority (seems like they do), and that the current approach isn't working (obviously its not) - bringing in McDanels seems to be a good bet. Obviously its not a guarantee of success, but he's got the offensive pedigree, a lot of experience, and a new approach. It is VERY hard to get rid of Carson this year (seriously, just let him play out his 5th year!) - so may as well see what we can do with him. If he doesn't improve next year, it'll be easier cap-wise to get rid of him. If McDaniels flames out, so be it, in 3-4 years we'll have plenty of cap space and can start over.
People keep saying McDaniels is a tough coach. I'm really curious about the Brady/Josh relationship. Was TB12 in his early years difficult to coach and thats why having Josh there helped? Kind of curious the relationship dynamic here 

I'm all for Daboll, does not appear like he wants to come here, so...

Bienemy's main  point against him is that we just fired a guy who came up as OC under Reid. What would be bring that is new? 
@Bigboy10182000 also made a point that he read that EB was at Colorado during that rape/rcruiting scandal they had and may have skeletons in the closet there's teams are worried about. Apparently he hadn't done well in interviews either. That's big if it true though. No team wants to get caught with their pants down if something comes out within months of him being hired or right before a big game that he was apart of it. I don't know all the particulars about the Colorado scandal. I know the rape was alleged by former Female kicker Katie Hinda (First female player before Sam Fuller) but Hnida left Col and ended up kicking in a game at New Mexico after apparently being raped at the university. That was in 99-01. EB was there from 2001-02 and then there was a recruiting scandal that started around the sometime during EB's first year. It's easier for the Chiefs to find a replacement for EB being a coordinator. As the HC it becomes much harder to replace someone. Also how do you defend hiring the guy in the first place if things come out? Nothing has ever been proven and maybe he didn't do anything but this is college football we are talking about and almost everyone involved in a program has skeletons of some sort. 

I always said if we had a PI into the NCAA and sports univerisities we could shut the whole thing down from violations, cover ups etc over the years. 

@Bigboy10182000 also made a point that he read that EB was at Colorado during that rape/rcruiting scandal they had and may have skeletons in the closet there's teams are worried about. Apparently he hadn't done well in interviews either. That's big if it true though. No team wants to get caught with their pants down if something comes out within months of him being hired or right before a big game that he was apart of it. I don't know all the particulars about the Colorado scandal. I know the rape was alleged by former Female kicker Katie Hinda (First female player before Sam Fuller) but Hnida left Col and ended up kicking in a game at New Mexico after apparently being raped at the university. That was in 99-01. EB was there from 2001-02 and then there was a recruiting scandal that started around the sometime during EB's first year. It's easier for the Chiefs to find a replacement for EB being a coordinator. As the HC it becomes much harder to replace someone. Also how do you defend hiring the guy in the first place if things come out? Nothing has ever been proven and maybe he didn't do anything but this is college football we are talking about and almost everyone involved in a program has skeletons of some sort. 

I always said if we had a PI into the NCAA and sports univerisities we could shut the whole thing down from violations, cover ups etc over the years. 
Man I know you like to put every detail out there in your stories so it gives you some kind of hard on as a know it all, but some things should be respected. Leave the ladies name out of it. Cmon man... Granted it was probably published 20 years ago, but if that was your sister would you want people bringing it up again? Have some cooth, Jesus.

The Brady talk seems pretty quiet in here... have we given up on him?  He's my top pick now.

I like Joe Brady a lot and wouldn't mind him at all. Seems like a good guy and helped Joe Burrow break SEC records and won a National Title. previous NFL experience before this year in NO. That's enough for me. Heck we hired Andy at the time which was questionable who had 2 yrs as a QB coach and unheard of at the time. When you think back to that hiring we started to set a trend of more assistant coaches not just DC/OC/ST coaches getting interviews and hired. 

I’d still like Brady as well. 

I know it’s been doom and gloom but this is an area I do trust them on. I’ve been reading a lot about how their interviews are by far the longest (they average 7 hours) of any team and they really dig deep into each candidate. 

The key will be who makes it to a second interview but we’re still going around. 
I mean maybe we and the media are looking too much into McDaniels' interview. Some acted like interviewing him all those hrs means he's the guy but we do that with everyone. Could it be because he's a big name coordinator and they need some click bait this is going too? 

Cam IMHO was always overrated. What he had going for him was physically he was bigger then many Running QBs before (Vick's) and after him (Kaepernick/Lamar) so he could take a beating more. For yrs he was in a great scheme in CAR as well that hid his weaknesses big time too. After the multiple injuries the last few yrs his body has given up. Maybe if the dude had learned to throw accurately all those yrs ago and wasn't such a bad loser he wouldn't have looked as terrible and could've reinvented himself into more of a pocket passer. 

From the Host of EaglesBrawl to take FWIW:

Guess I should start selling myself on Josh McDaniels. Hearing it’s a lock, but won’t force anyone to believe me or act like I’m an insider. Just had conversation with person I trust stating it’s a done deal.

Man I know you like to put every detail out there in your stories so it gives you some kind of hard on as a know it all, but some things should be respected. Leave the ladies name out of it. Cmon man... Granted it was probably published 20 years ago, but if that was your sister would you want people bringing it up again? Have some cooth, Jesus.
Her names been out there already this year do to Sam Fuller this year. 

Guess I should start selling myself on Josh McDaniels. Hearing it’s a lock, but won’t force anyone to believe me or act like I’m an insider. Just had conversation with person I trust stating it’s a done deal.
Well lets see if he's right. In a tweet to someone asking what's holding up the announcement he said announcement should come tomorrow or Wed Morning at the latest. SO he's putting a deadline on it. So if nothing comes by Thursday and it's someone else entirely we know the dude was BS'ing for clicks and views 

He kept them anonymous by shortening the name to "EB" 😛

I think it's a done deal. But you can't exactly go and cancel your scheduled interview with Bowles on MLK day. 

So there was a snippet of an article I saw on that guys twitter page about Jay Cutler situation in DEN with Josh there. Josh called Cutler and his agent into the room. Not long McDaniels goes over his accomplishments at NE and how he worked his way up the ranks to Bill's right hand man. He continued for 20 mins all his accomplishments including saying "yeah if it wasn't for me there the year before they wouldn't have gone anywhere without my tutelage to Matt Cassel". He finished this with his justification of Denven's Bowlen hiring of him (Josh). 

McDaniels then turned his attention to Cutler and his game and berating him in a profanity filled manner that no one had ever seen before on the QB. The profanity laced diatribe went on for a few minutes to where Bus (Cutler's Agent) turns to Jake and says we're out of here and leaves. While walking the hallway of the facility going past Bowlen's office Cutler turns to Bus and says "Get me out of here, I don't care how you do it." 

I mean hopefully this guy guy has changed because this sounds like another Chip Kelly situation waiting to happen and clearly the team hasn't learned their lesson if that happens. 

Well lets see if he's right. In a tweet to someone asking what's holding up the announcement he said announcement should come tomorrow or Wed Morning at the latest. SO he's putting a deadline on it. So if nothing comes by Thursday and it's someone else entirely we know the dude was BS'ing for clicks and views 
Not surprised you cite another worthless source. Stick to quoting the mother of the bagger in isle 7, it’s more believable.

Users who are viewing this thread