What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (7 Viewers)

I think it's a done deal. But you can't exactly go and cancel your scheduled interview with Bowles on MLK day. 
Just for what it's worth they did the interview with Bowles via Digital today. They weren't allowed a lot of time given NFL rules with coaches still in the playoffs. They are allowing the coaches still in the playoffs to interview for an "X amount" of time via digitally given everything going on. So Bowles did get his interview in. 

So there was a snippet of an article I saw on that guys twitter page about Jay Cutler situation in DEN with Josh there. Josh called Cutler and his agent into the room. Not long McDaniels goes over his accomplishments at NE and how he worked his way up the ranks to Bill's right hand man. He continued for 20 mins all his accomplishments including saying "yeah if it wasn't for me there the year before they wouldn't have gone anywhere without my tutelage to Matt Cassel". He finished this with his justification of Denven's Bowlen hiring of him (Josh). 

McDaniels then turned his attention to Cutler and his game and berating him in a profanity filled manner that no one had ever seen before on the QB. The profanity laced diatribe went on for a few minutes to where Bus (Cutler's Agent) turns to Jake and says we're out of here and leaves. While walking the hallway of the facility going past Bowlen's office Cutler turns to Bus and says "Get me out of here, I don't care how you do it." 

I mean hopefully this guy guy has changed because this sounds like another Chip Kelly situation waiting to happen and clearly the team hasn't learned their lesson if that happens. 
If this is true our sensitive Carson is going to be in tears. 😂

Not surprised you cite another worthless source. Stick to quoting the mother of the bagger in isle 7, it’s more believable.
You seem pretty grumpy these days. Maybe leave the personal insults out of it. it seems you can't handle an adult conversation without them though. 

Since your reading comprehension is questionable I was quoting @Bigboy10182000 reference the guy online. He was asked in another tweet why it wasn't announced it. The DUDE WHO BIG REFERENCED TOO TWEETED TO THE GUY TOMMORROW OR EARLY WED MORNING. 

I replied: That the dude gave a deadline so at least by Wed we'll know if he's right or not. Maybe next time try to follow the conversation more clearly instead of trying to get the personal insults out fast. 

He kept them anonymous by shortening the name to "EB" 😛
Yeah I guess he did Bienemy a real solid with the anonymity. 🙄 But giving the young ladies full name and the when, where, and how she was violated is cool to him. I mean, it’s in all the tabloids so she’s fare game in DJackson10’s Enquiring Minds beat writer persona. Wow

Yeah I guess he did Bienemy a real solid with the anonymity. 🙄 But giving the young ladies full name and the when, where, and how she was violated is cool to him. I mean, it’s in all the tabloids so she’s fare game in DJackson10’s Enquiring Minds beat writer persona. Wow
Haha I was just being sarcastic with the EB comment.

If this is true our sensitive Carson is going to be in tears. 😂
I don't think Carson is anywhere near Jay Cutler wise. If he was Carson would've came out of the game the minute he tore his knee and if his back was as bad as was reported wouldn't have played as many games as Carson did. Jay not only had thin skin but the dude was a quitter most of his career. Dude would've ruled himself OUT FOR THE GAME if he got a hang nail during the game. There was always questions about his competitiveness. I guess maybe we shouldn't be shocked that Alshon Jeffrey's favorite QB to play with was Cutler. They seem to both like quitting when things don't go their way. 

Carson isn't that Sensitive he's just stubborn. 

Haha I was just being sarcastic with the EB comment.
No, I got you. I was just continuing on the same trail. I just don’t get airing mud on a woman and justifying it by saying “somebody else already said it.” A man should take a high road sometimes. But then we all know DJacks likes to give every. Single. Detail. 🤦🏻

I didn't give any details of what happened. I didn't go into detail on what happened. Just said there was an issue involving here in the time she was there. Clearly people will look her name up anywhere or will see it when they go searching for articles on the case. I didn't go into detail of who  she claimed did it or anything else. Plus Like I said people were already looking her up thanks to the Sam Fuller stuff at Vandy this year. 

So there was a snippet of an article I saw on that guys twitter page about Jay Cutler situation in DEN with Josh there. Josh called Cutler and his agent into the room. Not long McDaniels goes over his accomplishments at NE and how he worked his way up the ranks to Bill's right hand man. He continued for 20 mins all his accomplishments including saying "yeah if it wasn't for me there the year before they wouldn't have gone anywhere without my tutelage to Matt Cassel". He finished this with his justification of Denven's Bowlen hiring of him (Josh). 

McDaniels then turned his attention to Cutler and his game and berating him in a profanity filled manner that no one had ever seen before on the QB. The profanity laced diatribe went on for a few minutes to where Bus (Cutler's Agent) turns to Jake and says we're out of here and leaves. While walking the hallway of the facility going past Bowlen's office Cutler turns to Bus and says "Get me out of here, I don't care how you do it." 

I mean hopefully this guy guy has changed because this sounds like another Chip Kelly situation waiting to happen and clearly the team hasn't learned their lesson if that happens. 
I’m sure he’s changed a bunch in 11 years. We all have matured from our 30’s and into our 40’s. 

As long as he is humbled some and doesn’t try to be Belichick he’ll do fine. Just get this young group moving in the right direction and install good habits. His offenses are NEVER square peg and round hole. They change and adapt constantly which is a very good thing IMO

yeah maybe. hard to say because you wonder how much the Eagles org are supporting Carson that you want to come out and state it now. 

Have heard it for a long time though, and from sources that would seem to be somewhat in the know. Who knows, but i agree with Baby Demon that there seems to be so much of it i have to think some of it is true
There's definitely got to be some truth to it. Maybe he's not an ####### but he's a hard ### with his faith maybe. Like he won't hang with the boys at the club after a game and that rubs them the wrong way. I know a lot of Christian people who can come off really annoying with their faith but don't actually mean any harm with it. 

Carson is going to have to change whether it's here or somewhere else. I'd prefer it to be here instead of watching him tear it up elsewhere as we cycle through a parade of QBs the next 5-8 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's definitely got to be some truth to it. Maybe he's not an ####### but he's a hard ### with his faith maybe. Like he won't hang with the boys at the club after a game and that rubs them the wrong way. I know a lot of Christian people who can come off really annoying with their faith but don't actually mean any harm with it. 

Carson is going to have to change whether it's here or somewhere else. I'd prefer it to be here instead of watching him tear it up elsewhere as we cycle through a parade of WBs the next 5-8 years.
Don’t see much AO1 stuff lately

I’m sure he’s changed a bunch in 11 years. We all have matured from our 30’s and into our 40’s. 

As long as he is humbled some and doesn’t try to be Belichick he’ll do fine. Just get this young group moving in the right direction and install good habits. His offenses are NEVER square peg and round hole. They change and adapt constantly which is a very good thing IMO
I agree I just worry because it doesn't matter who it is or how old they are but NE assistants as HC have never worked well. One thing Andy had over Bill is he's had a coaching branch of actual successful assistants turned HCs. McDermontt, Rivera, Harbaugh, You could say Doug given he won a SB too.

Can anyone name one NE Assistant who's done well in the NFL away from NE? People will cheat and say Saban but he was with Bill in Cle and I'm talking NFL success. He's had a ton of assistance who went on to become good College football coaches. Someone might say Bill O'Brian but I wouldn't. Mike Vrabel the Jury is still out. SO far so good but I think Vrabel personality wise comes off better too. Brian Flores? Too early too tell honestly. Joe Judge at Giants? He might have some success but Jury is still out. 

This is my biggest concern with Bill's coaches. Not a whole lot of success. He has a few right now coaching in HC gigs with the "too early to judge" but overall his coaches becoming HC's in the NFL have been god awful. Andy has 3 who have reached SBs and won in Rivera/Harbaugh/Pederson. McDermontt who has become a successful coach is in the AFC Title game vs Andy now. Thats why even though I wasn't big on the hiring of Doug I knew I could trust Doug to possible be successful given Andy's success with his coaches prior. Hiring from Emperor Palpatine is totally different. I lack confidence in that. Plus the other stuff NE had going on with scandals and all rubs me the wrong way. Just doesn't seem like the type of fit you'd think Lurie would want on his Football team. 

Offensively as a Coordinator yes Josh has been a success but how much is having Brady and that defense as well as schemes and having the right other players? 

Carson is going to have to change whether it's here or somewhere else. I'd prefer it to be here instead of watching him tear it up elsewhere as we cycle through a parade of QBs the next 5-8 years.
I actually heard this is a bit true. Carson can come off in this way. The good thing with 2017 was there was a lot of people who were like that on the team. Why Doug and Carson relationship wasn't as fractured was do to their faith as well. I have a really really good friend from MS/HS  who we kinda dated back at the beginning of HS that a few yrs into HS started getting into more faith based. She was kind of wild in MS (known as the party girl in our class but not in the terrible way) but turned to faith and started going to this (I guess church for lack of better term) where it was kind of a cult. I had a good co worker friend who belonged to this and another co worker who was pretty easy to manipulate someone got her involved with this group. She changed a lot but after leaving it and going to a Christian College (Then missionary trips) she kind of became a little more normal in sense of hanging out. 

However what changed was the fact we have had 2 HS reunions since Graduation (Our 15 yrs is suppose to be this Nov we'll see if it happens) and both times it was at a bar like establishment. I've asked her if she was going and she said no because of my faith I'm not allowed to go out to bars. Yeah its a little strange but I respected her faith on that. We've found other ways to hangout though which is kind of cool. And yeah there's times she can be off putting especially to those who don't know her well but she doesn't truly mean it in that way. I sometimes if its a friend of mine explain to them that latter and they understand after I explain it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t see much AO1 stuff lately
What can he do during a pandemic other than virtual stuff or whatever? Can't really have people congregating. Heck DeShaun Watson today pleaded with HOU fans not to hold a rally for him in public because of the pandemic. 

Yep.  I definitely think Carson is probably the majority of the problem with Carson, but it's worth a year with a different coach to see if things can improve.  If you're not happy with that year, then that's 2 bad years in a row and you can cut bait.  

You don't want to give up easily on someone this talented though.  I remember the years of cycling through Peete / Detmer / Peete / Hoying / other Detmer.  Not fun. 

Also to your last part this is why I don't want Hurts as the primary starter. Maybe he becomes just good enough to lead us to the playoffs similar to Lamar Jackson (Jackson is a far better athlete/overall player) with a good defense and run game. We've seen BAL only be good enough to reach the post season and win a A game maybe. I really don't want to be the new Baltimore and see Wentz else where figure it out and winning titles while we have the Hurts fans come up with every excuse in the book why Hurts can't win the big games and try to come up with anything to discredit Wentz's success as well. 

Yep.  I definitely think Carson is probably the majority of the problem with Carson, but it's worth a year with a different coach to see if things can improve.  If you're not happy with that year, then that's 2 bad years in a row and you can cut bait.  

You don't want to give up easily on someone this talented though.  I remember the years of cycling through Peete / Detmer / Peete / Hoying / other Detmer.  Not fun. 
I don't know what it was but I did take a liking to the Detmer Brothers. Yeah they sucked but something about them I just liked. 

Also to your last part this is why I don't want Hurts as the primary starter. Maybe he becomes just good enough to lead us to the playoffs similar to Lamar Jackson (Jackson is a far better athlete/overall player) with a good defense and run game. We've seen BAL only be good enough to reach the post season and win a A game maybe. I really don't want to be the new Baltimore and see Wentz else where figure it out and winning titles while we have the Hurts fans come up with every excuse in the book why Hurts can't win the big games and try to come up with anything to discredit Wentz's success as well. 
I think Hurts ceiling is an clear level lower than Lamar.  He runs better and passes better.

This right here is my fear. Even the post McNabb era was littered with has beens, never was's and 2nd bananas. I don't want that again as long as we can help it. Hurts to me is just another 2nd banana.

I don't know what it was but I did take a liking to the Detmer Brothers. Yeah they sucked but something about them I just liked. 
They didn't suck, they were both only good enough to be backups.  I liked them both a bit too.  Koy got to do his Zorro, sword thing after a TD, maybe 3 or 4 times in 98 🤣

Like Duce, he was tough and played his heart out on one of the worst teams I've ever watched.  That earns him some respect from me.

What can he do during a pandemic other than virtual stuff or whatever? Can't really have people congregating. Heck DeShaun Watson today pleaded with HOU fans not to hold a rally for him in public because of the pandemic. 
Well, lots of evangelicals decided to go storm the capitol, so....
Actually, lets just be glad he didn't do that.

Wentz had more talent then Hurts, no question. We'll be a better team if he can get his head screwed on straight, so it's worth a year trying to get him to do that. Will he? No idea. If Josh can take a stab at it, I'm all for it. We really can't move him him easily this year anyway. Next year if we have to we can cut him, or move him for a 7th rounder maybe. Let's see what we can do here first.

Not to side track but they weren't evangelicals. They were radicals from both the far right and far left raiding the capital. Not much faith between the 2 groups except to their cause.
Eh, I'll agree it was certainly bigger then just evangelicals, but they were certainly there. But mostly I was making a joke, so yea dont want to derail this too much :)

Eh, I'll agree it was certainly bigger then just evangelicals, but they were certainly there. But mostly I was making a joke, so yea dont want to derail this too much :)
I'm not talking about the protestors. There were certainly all walks of life in the crowd protesting peacefully. The dozens that entered the Capitol though, they most certainly were not religious people no matter what they hide behind.

I'm not talking about the protestors. There were certainly all walks of life in the crowd protesting peacefully. The dozens that entered the Capitol though, they most certainly were not religious people no matter what they hide behind.
Odd that they decided to all take a break in the Senate chamber for prayer then

Back to Wentz, he has certainly been quiet. I really just want to see him say he welcomes competition and to earn a spot starting. Show that he learned something from this mess of a season.

They didn't suck, they were both only good enough to be backups.  I liked them both a bit too.  Koy got to do his Zorro, sword thing after a TD, maybe 3 or 4 times in 98 🤣

Like Duce, he was tough and played his heart out on one of the worst teams I've ever watched.  That earns him some respect from me.
Don't forget the broken elbow he got too in SF. Broke it around the same time period and same place both my younger brothers did which was very weird. 

Back to Wentz, he has certainly been quiet. I really just want to see him say he welcomes competition and to earn a spot starting. Show that he learned something from this mess of a season.
I don't like it either but it seems the only guy he trusts media wise is Rob Manddi like I said prior they are good friends. If he talks to anyone I bet it's him. 

The spin doctors are in full affect today. 

-We are taking so long because we have no idea what we’re doing. 

-Had we hired one right away surly we should have interviewed more. 

Whatever the case, make sure you click the link and tune in lol
Can't listen to the radio really anymore. We're the worst team in the league and no one wants to come here because our QB is worse than  Jeff George in the locker room. 

The #Eagles are interviewing #Colts OC Nick Sirianni today for their HC position, per @AdamSchefter
He doesn't call plays in Indy so technically he could be hired as an OC if, for example, they give Duce the HC job and he's there to lead, manage the game, etc. while having a full-fledged OC on his staff that calls plays.

Users who are viewing this thread