What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (11 Viewers)

You've often used that trade calculator thing right?  How was the value of our trade back?  Compared to Miamis?

Trying to figure out if 12 to 6 is a bigger or smaller jump than 6 to 3.
If you believe that future picks are worth the 16th pick in the round, the Eagles made out well:
PHI gave 1630 and MIA gave 2249

The most recent trade-downs from the #6 pick:

• 2012: Rams traded #6 to the Cowboys for #14 and #45 (Dallas took Morris Claiborne #6; Rams took Michael Brooker and traded #45 to Chicago (who took Alshon Jeffrey) for #50 (Isaiah Pead) and #150 (Rokevious Watkins))
  • 2011: Browns traded #6 to the Falcons for #26, #59, #124 and a 2012 1st rounder which wound up being #22 (Falcons took Julio Jones #6, Browns wound up with Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, and Brandon Weeden)
Bumping this, for comparison. I would say we did better than the Rams trade, but worse than the Browns trade. So right in the middle,

Using the draft value chart: we gave up 1627 and got back 2199 (of the 2022 1st Rd pick is #16).

If you believe that future picks are worth the 16th pick in the round, the Eagles made out well:
PHI gave 1630 and MIA gave 2249
Nice, thanks for that.  Did you include the trade up this year from 156 to 123?

What if we assume that pick from Miami next year is pick #24? (more likely than 16)

100% why not see who’s there? The answer is  this—Our GM evaluated the board and determined no one was worth being picked at 6
Or he realized the first round is deep and there are a ton of holes on that roster.

I am not commenting on his skills in talent evaluation as Eagles fans on here have been clear he is a disaster. But from a roster building point of view it’s the right move. 

When you look at first round draft prospects there are some really solid players, way more than 12. And it also puts the Eagles in position to trade down again if a team covets Lance or Jones if they fall that far.

This teams playoff window is gone. Now it’s a matter of whether it is going to be a long or short rebuild. I think trading down will go a long way in building that roster back up.

Jamar Chase would be that big of a difference maker? Get the team into the playoffs?

Last edited by a moderator:
And? Three or four Def players can go before them easily. Surtain, Parsons, Farley, Phillips.
Sure they're only mocks, and I do value your judgement quite a bit, but there's not many mocks out there that have 2 of those 3 being there at 12.  Not many that even have 1 of them at 12. 

Most people strongly believe that there won't be a defensive player taken before pick 9.

Or he realized the first round is deep and there are a ton of holes on that roster.

I am not commenting on his skills in talent evaluation as Eagles fans on here have been clear he is a disaster. But from a roster building point of view it’s the right move. 

When you look at first round draft prospects there are some really solid players, way more than 12. And it also puts the Eagles on position to trade down again if a team covers Lance or Jones if they fall that far.

This teams playoff window is gone. Now it’s a matter of whether it is going to be a long or short rebuild. I think trading down will go a long way in building that roster back up.

Jamar Chase would be that big of a difference maker? Get the team into the playoffs?
Ja'Marr Chase is gonna be long gone by 6, and turning down two first round picks for a TE that essentially announces you're going to pass would be foolish.  Mark my words- One of Devonta Smith or Waddle will be there at 12, which the Eagles would probably be considering anyway, then essentially you picked up a first round pick for nothing.

Ja'Marr Chase is gonna be long gone by 6, and turning down two first round picks for a TE that essentially announces you're going to pass would be foolish.  Mark my words- One of Devonta Smith or Waddle will be there at 12, then essentially you picked up a first round pick for nothing.
Long gone by 6?  So considering most are expecting QB's to go 1-4, you're saying he's a 100% lock to go #5?  And 1 pick earlier is "long gone"?

Worst case scenario the draft goes like this:

1.  Lawrence

2. Wilson

3. Fields

4. Sewell

5. Chase

6. Pitts

7. Waddle

8. Lance

9. Parsons

10. Surtain

11. Smith

Still got a lot of options there, I would go with Slater.  

As a WFT fan it is alarming the amount of picks you all are getting.  Howie is doing a great job.  Excellent job by Howie stock piling all these picks and not losing anything significant clearing $50M in payroll.
The picks all seem great, but they have to be made. Wasn’t it the Rams or Browns who ended up with a ton of picks and don’t have a single one starting? Our GM is worse. 

How are they so sure the Jets are taking Fields?
Safe to say Douglas and Howie know each other well enough for Howie to get that information. 

When you look at first round draft prospects there are some really solid players, way more than 12. And it also puts the Eagles in position to trade down again if a team covets Lance or Jones if they fall that far.

Doesn’t matter if THIS first round is that deep. We cost ourselves 6 spots and just removed possible great players from our list

Ja'Marr Chase is gonna be long gone by 6, and turning down two first round picks for a TE that essentially announces you're going to pass would be foolish.  Mark my words- One of Devonta Smith or Waddle will be there at 12, then essentially you picked up a first round pick for nothing.
The top 3 are QB’s. He’s not “long gone” at all especially when you consider the reviews Sewel is getting. 

Long gone by 6?  So considering most are expecting QB's to go 1-4, you're saying he's a 100% lock to go #5?  And 1 pick earlier is "long gone"?
Im expecting the Falcons to take Sewell and the Bengals to take Chase, maybe long gone was a poor choice of words, but what difference does it make?  1 pick or 100 it doesn't matter the player is gone.

Sure they're only mocks, and I do value your judgement quite a bit, but there's not many mocks out there that have 2 of those 3 being there at 12.  Not many that even have 1 of them at 12. 

Most people strongly believe that there won't be a defensive player taken before pick 9.
But that's what I'm saying, starting at 9 there can easily be three straight Def players taken. I think Dallas and NYG are locks to take defense. Denver certainly could. Even Detroit could grab one in a surprise. 

But that's what I'm saying, starting at 9 there can easily be three straight Def players taken. I think Dallas and NYG are locks to take defense. Denver certainly could. Even Detroit could grab one in a surprise. 
Ya the Giants signing Golladay would definitely help that.  And ya we know Dallas isn't taking a WR.

Actually I guess there is a chance one of them falls to us at 12.  That would be a DREAM.

Safe to say Douglas and Howie know each other well enough for Howie to get that information. 
Or Douglas told them they’re picking Wilson. Regardless I’m sure they spoke. 

A low key point in all this is that they bring in Flacco and don’t tell him has a back up, they try to trade you presumably for a QB and never said Hurts was the clear cut starter. They don’t like him. 

Worst case scenario the draft goes like this:

1.  Lawrence

2. Wilson

3. Fields

4. Sewell

5. Chase

6. Pitts

7. Waddle

8. Lance

9. Parsons

10. Surtain

11. Smith

Still got a lot of options there, I would go with Slater.  
I can't see the Giants taking Smith after just getting Golladay.

6 was hard to mess up, 12 is easy to mess up and we have GM who messes up a lot. 
This is, honestly,  the best argument I've seen to stay at 6. At least the extra pick next year allows you to hedge your bets a bit.
The last seven picks at #6: Jake Matthews, Leonard Williams, Ronnie Stanley, Jamaal Adams, Quinton Nelson, Daniel Jones, Justin Herbert

The last seven picks at #12: OBJ, Danny Shelton, Sheldon Rankins, DeShaun Watson, Vita Vea, Rashan Gary, Henry Ruggs.

I can't see the Giants taking Smith after just getting Golladay.
The Giants dont have a lot of weaknesses, not sure what they will do.  Their fan base seemed pretty conflicted between Slater and Smith when I asked them about it.

Here's how I see it going down.

1.  JAX Lawrence

2. NYJ Fields

3. SF Wilson

4. ATL Sewell

5. CAR (trade) Lance

6. MIA Pitts

7. DET Chase

8. CIN Slater

9. DEN Parsons

10. DAL Surtain

11. NYG ???

12. PHI Bama WR

1.  JAX Lawrence

2. NYJ Fields

3. SF Wilson

4. ATL Sewell

5. CAR (trade) Lance

6. MIA Pitts

7. DET Chase

8. ATL Slater

9. DEN Parsons

10. DAL Surtain

11. NYG Waddle

12. PHI Smith??
Didn't you just say the Giants wouldnt take Smith because of Golloday, doesn't that apply to Waddle too?  And I think 8 is supposed to be the Bengals. 

Alright I'm coming around on one of those WR's being there at 12.  And if he isn't, then we will get Surtain or Slater.

Parsons not going is the only thing that can screw us

Didn't you just say the Giants wouldnt take Smith because of Golloday, doesn't that apply to Waddle too?  And I think 8 is supposed to be the Bengals. 
Well I ####ed that all up.

Ya but I don't know... who else will the Giants take there? 

1.  JAX Lawrence

2. NYJ Fields

3. SF Wilson

4. ATL Sewell

5. CAR (trade) Lance

6. MIA Pitts

7. DET Chase

8. CIN Slater

9. DEN Parsons

10. DAL Surtain

11. NYG ???

12. PHI Bama WR
Fixed.... how's that look?

Alright I'm coming around on one of those WR's being there at 12
If they can make this happen I would 100% be on board with the trade. I know we need players and glad they're rebuilding since I know it's needed.I REALLY would have liked to see who was there before doing the deal though

If they can make this happen I would 100% be on board with the trade. I know we need players and glad they're rebuilding since I know it's needed.I REALLY would have liked to see who was there before doing the deal though
Ya I originally thought Insein and DH were nuts for thinking 1 or 2 of those WR's would be there at 12, but it actually could happen with who picks in front of us and how little they need WR.

Well I ####ed that all up.

Ya but I don't know... who else will the Giants take there? 
Well the Giants could go Darrisaw or Cosmi and move them to RT, but they have Pert. I dont think an edge there makes sense, a CB doesn't make sense. I think Waddle or Smith depending on which falls would be the pick.

Well the Giants could go Darrisaw or Cosmi and move them to RT, I dont think an edge there makes sense, a CB doesn't make sense. I think Waddle or Smith depending on which falls would be the pick.
Once again a div rival will take our WR the pick before we go.  Ugh. 

But ya there's a good chance both bama wr's fall out of top 10.

Ya I originally thought Insein and DH were nuts for thinking 1 or 2 of those WR's would be there at 12, but it actually could happen with who picks in front of us and how little they need WR.
Yeah and as much as I love Chase if we get Waddle/Smith, move up 30+ spots in this draft and a 1 next year Im ok with it. It's boring to say but it just really depends on Howie and his picks after that.  We need real contributers

Higgins is a 1
I follow the Bengals and the WFT as a fan Im not happy with Higgins as the #1.  I would want Ja'Marr Chase, if Sewell is not there.  If Sewell is off the board, I dont think the Bengals would trade down with the Panthers, without atleast a future first or 2nd rounder this year and I dont think the Panthers would trade that.

I follow the Bengals and the WFT as a fan Im not happy with Higgins as the #1.  I would want Ja'Marr Chase, if Sewell is not there.  If Sewell is off the board, I dont think the Bengals would trade down with the Panthers, without atleast a future first or 2nd rounder this year and I dont think the Panthers would trade that.
A lot of mocks have Cinci taking Slater.  Even before Sewell goes.

I think it's a lock Cincy goes OL even if Sewell is gone and if not they'll go with Pitts.  OL always goes higher than expected and Pitts is also going to intrigue some teams and I wont be shocked if Cincy is one

A lot of mocks have Cinci taking Slater.  Even before Sewell goes.
Bengals already have Reiff and Jonah Williams, taking Slater that high just some seems like a reach to me, they can probably get someone like Eichenberg or Mayfield in the second round if they want OT depth.

Users who are viewing this thread