What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (7 Viewers)

And if you get a second check out the Wentz interview on Pat McAfee’s show. 

Basically our media is trash (shocker) and both now him AND Doug say the reports of them having a fractured relationship are “greatly exaggerated”

And odd that he says he likes Ballard because “he’s a straight-shooter. ... To me, in this business, honesty is everything.”

#FireHowie
Yes, I am sure if their relationship was fractured they would publicly admit it...

No sympathy or respect for Carson. He signed an extension, took home a huge multi-million signing bonus, then refused to even do a single year of it.  This isn't a Malcom Jenkins or Zach Ertz "last year of a contract" type thing. He's the last one I want to hear "straight shooter" coming from his mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
i assume 1a then is once and for all evaluate Hurts, so 1b is what, draft another later round QB? not many QB of the future types out there for trade.
Includes evaluate Hurts, I’m sceptical about him but maybe he takes the enormous leap he needs as a passer to be a viable Top 10 QB. If they don’t think that, or if the draft falls that they don’t get the choice of taking one of the Top 4, then Hurts will get this year.

Why but just snag Galladay than? I’m glad they didn’t get Juju that’s tik tok stuff would I not go over well here. 
People don't seem to not care as much about Joel Embiid's antics on social media. And before @Deamon thinks I'm taking a shot at the 76ers this isn't. Just an observation. Saying fans don't seem as upset with his social media as much as they use too and I know like I had hoped he'd tune it down. 

Either way I think JuJu would've been fine. This Roster needs a JuJu type character. Too many uptight guys here. 

1. Find a QB
  2. Retain solid young players if possible (Barnett, Goedert Mailata)
  3. Increase overall young talent level
  4. Prepare to move on from declining / injury prone older players as soon as you can. (Brooks, Johnson maybe, McLeod etc)
They shouldn’t be looking at much beyond those points this year.
How about developing the youngsters they do have? 

i assume 1a then is once and for all evaluate Hurts, so 1b is what, draft another later round QB? not many QB of the future types out there for trade.

also, Miles contract is up in 2022. assuming a full season in 2021 with a half decent team, he's going to command quite a pay day to reup. he's pretty much the only good offensive weapon we have at this time with a potential to be a top weapon in the league, so we actually need to find a backup plan for him, too. granted it's not the biggest thing we should worry about this year.
I like Sanders these days and pretty wrong about him. I was more concerned with his shady Shuffle and his fumbling issues more then anything. However Miles has missed some time and not even played a full 16 game season (I could be wrong) so if I'm the Eagles I'm subtracting any money from that. 

People don't seem to not care as much about Joel Embiid's antics on social media. And before @Deamon thinks I'm taking a shot at the 76ers this isn't. Just an observation. Saying fans don't seem as upset with his social media as much as they use too and I know like I had hoped he'd tune it down. 

Either way I think JuJu would've been fine. This Roster needs a JuJu type character. Too many uptight guys here. 
Haha just an NBA observation you're posting in the Eagles group 😛

And if you get a second check out the Wentz interview on Pat McAfee’s show. 

Basically our media is trash (shocker) and both now him AND Doug say the reports of them having a fractured relationship are “greatly exaggerated”

And odd that he says he likes Ballard because “he’s a straight-shooter. ... To me, in this business, honesty is everything.”

#FireHowie
In otherwords everything my beat guy said back in January and others said was true about the fractured relationship exaggerated. 

Also we pretty much all agreed the Eagles Screwed Wentz and Howie is a huge problem. I've been saying this since Day 1 I'm with Wentz because its blatant they pretty much YES'd him to death and then did every complete opposite thing. 

Haha just an NBA observation you're posting in the Eagles group 😛
Yeah well Joel Embiid is the closes thing to JuJu character wise as a Philly athlete right now so I figured it was a good comparison. I've always said I really like Embiid's talent, I just wished he'd tone it down and be a little more mature. Stop trolling, get a healthy diet going and he could be one of the top 2 dominate bigs in the league. 

Yeah well Joel Embiid is the closes thing to JuJu character wise as a Philly athlete right now so I figured it was a good comparison. I've always said I really like Embiid's talent, I just wished he'd tone it down and be a little more mature. Stop trolling, get a healthy diet going and he could be one of the top 2 dominate bigs in the league. 
He is easily that. 

Yes, I am sure if their relationship was fractured they would publicly admit it...

No sympathy or respect for Carson. He signed an extension, took home a huge multi-million signing bonus, then refused to even do a single year of it.  This isn't a Malcom Jenkins or Zach Ertz "last year of a contract" type thing. He's the last one I want to hear "straight shooter" coming from his mouth.
I mean take it with a grain of salt but the Eagles pretty much screwed him over. They made all these promises of bringing him in weapons and innovative OC and QB coach to replace Reich and DeFlip and they did none of it. They kept a locker room rat who went to Joey S a Foles guy and his reporter GF and complained about the guy. Said teammates GF made a twitter comment after Wentz got knocked out and Former Wentz teammate Chris Long basically called Alshon out without saying his name telling every NFL Player to stay away from her she's bad news. He has a GM who's an absolute snake and shouldn't be trusted and resigned said locker room cancer for some reason. The Eagles also gave him broken down weapons as well. 

This isn't to say Wentz doesn't get any blame for sucking this year or last but more of I don't blame him for wanting out either. Also everyone I talked too called the fractured relationship baloney. Yes Wentz was a little upset that Doug hadn't defended him a bit more in the end but the fracture was no where near as bad as reported. I'm also gonna trust someone like Rob Maaddi who knows both guys well and said the relationship wasn't as fractured. He texts with both of them constantly. 

How about developing the youngsters they do have? 
Part of #3 I’d say, but they don’t have all that many talented youngsters IMO.  Too many bad picks and bad trades.

Who are you thinking of that they should be developing?  

I count Goedert and Mailata (who are both FAs after the season), Barnett is another one who is a FA after next year. Sweat as well, as a rotational guy.  Reagor flashed last year, but only that.  Hurts flashed but also needs to improve significantly to be a viable starter.

The young talent pipeline on this team looks very thin to me.

I mean take it with a grain of salt but the Eagles pretty much screwed him over. They made all these promises of bringing him in weapons and innovative OC and QB coach to replace Reich and DeFlip and they did none of it. They kept a locker room rat who went to Joey S a Foles guy and his reporter GF and complained about the guy. Said teammates GF made a twitter comment after Wentz got knocked out and Former Wentz teammate Chris Long basically called Alshon out without saying his name telling every NFL Player to stay away from her she's bad news. He has a GM who's an absolute snake and shouldn't be trusted and resigned said locker room cancer for some reason. The Eagles also gave him broken down weapons as well. 

This isn't to say Wentz doesn't get any blame for sucking this year or last but more of I don't blame him for wanting out either. Also everyone I talked too called the fractured relationship baloney. Yes Wentz was a little upset that Doug hadn't defended him a bit more in the end but the fracture was no where near as bad as reported. I'm also gonna trust someone like Rob Maaddi who knows both guys well and said the relationship wasn't as fractured. He texts with both of them constantly. 
ffs, drafting the wrong guy isnt "screwing him over". Yea, they missed at WR, no one argues that. But if Wentz is gonna baby it up everytime a team he's on doesn't make the right draft pick, he's not gonna last long. And if he thought his GM was a snake, he shouldnt have signed that extension.

I mean - the Colts ALSO passed on DK Metcalf in 2019, drafting WR Parris Campbell over him. Every team has misses. Eagles have been bad the past two years, but they aren't typically that bad.

We wasted too many picks on dumb trades trying to revisit the Super Bowl. We thought we were better then we were - so rather then getting a lot of talent so a few could stand out, we kinda ended up forced to rely on the ones we did.

Also wasn't that long ago we trade up twice to get Wentz - dont forget that had an impact too. All that draft capital we spent trading up is draft capital we couldn't use to build a team.

If you were on a sinking ####, surrounded by crap and given no answers about how you factor in you’d want out too. We all would. 

As far as them publicly admitting issues with him and Doug I suppose you could be correct but I’ll side with them over 90% of our media any day of the week. 

All the reports (if you personally believe them) all point to Howie. Wentz essentially said he couldn’t be trusted IMO. Just another thing in a huge pile of crap that is Howie

If you were on a sinking ####, surrounded by crap and given no answers about how you factor in you’d want out too. We all would. 

As far as them publicly admitting issues with him and Doug I suppose you could be correct but I’ll side with them over 90% of our media any day of the week. 

All the reports (if you personally believe them) all point to Howie. Wentz essentially said he couldn’t be trusted IMO. Just another thing in a huge pile of crap that is Howie
What did Howie lie about?

Ash said:
Part of #3 I’d say, but they don’t have all that many talented youngsters IMO.  Too many bad picks and bad trades.

Who are you thinking of that they should be developing?  

I count Goedert and Mailata (who are both FAs after the season), Barnett is another one who is a FA after next year. Sweat as well, as a rotational guy.  Reagor flashed last year, but only that.  Hurts flashed but also needs to improve significantly to be a viable starter.

The young talent pipeline on this team looks very thin to me.
Add Alex Singleton to the list. I think he could be something. Herbig played decently and I think if Brooks is gone he could fit right in and Developing Toth as well. Driscoll at T could become a pretty solid depth guy and Fulgham is only in his 3rd yr as a pro. I'm not saying it's upper echelon talent but there's a few guys Id consider putting the time in and seeing what comes of it 

Howie promised Wentz to get him weapons on offense. Howie also assured Wentz that when he was injured with the ACL "His job was safe" but honestly it never was. I don't know many specifics but a two of my guys have said a lot of Wentz's teammates felt sorry for him and he got the sh** end of the stick and it should be Howie leaving and not Wentz. Howie also promised Wentz's agent when they found the source of the anonymous stuff from the Joe S stuff they would be dealt with. Truth was Howie leaked some of that himself and the other two guys were Mac Hollins and Alshon. No one knows why Howie did it though.

Hollins was let go but Howie rewarded Alshon with a extension after it became pretty clear that Alshon quit on Wentz and didn't play for him but did so with others. Go back and watch Alshon's Film with Wentz and then go look at his film with Foles and this past year with Hurts. Night and day performances of trying by Alshon out there. It was pretty unprofessional and there were teammates were miffed how Jeffrey kept his job. They knew it was him since Josina Anderson joined in on the Wentz bashing herself and many knew Alshon was banging her. In Fact when she made that tweet about Carson being injured in the SEA game and Chris Long went after her and warned NFL players to stay away from her and for NFL teams to not let her near their locker rooms, he was taking a shot at Alshon Jeffrey as well without really tagging him. Alshon has a history of underperforming or not giving a dam with QBs he doesn't like going all the way back to college. His lack of effort at times and such cost him being drafted higher coming out of college. In fact the 1st WR off the board had he put more effort in. 

Wentz also went rogue on the Eagles offense because he didn't trust the play calling anymore or the coaches. Yes he's thickhead at times but name me a QB who isn't in this league. One of the reasons McDaniels and Tom Brady did so well together is despite Brady being pigheaded at times Josh was always there to call out the BS by Brady and get him on track especially in the early yrs. DeFlippo was that for Wentz where Reich was more or less the guy telling Wentz hey he's right and then explaining why this was the best way. Taylor is a really good coach Football IQ wise. His problem is he can't put personal views of his players aside to coach them harder. Wants to try to be too much of their friend and thats a lot of why Carson fell off. 

Other then that I don't know specifics other then Doug and Wentz were communicating and their relationship fracture wasn't that bad. Wentz was displeased that Doug hadn't defended him more in front of Roseman but their relationship always remained professional. He also wasn't a fan of how the Eagles handled the Overall benching of him as he thought it wasn't done in a professional matter. I wasn't given specifics on that but was told Wentz's agent was not happy about it one bit. 

Add in the fact one of the top FA WRs in JuJu just turned down a bigger money deal from us to go back to Pittsburgh says a lot as well there. 

babydemon90 said:
ffs, drafting the wrong guy isnt "screwing him over". Yea, they missed at WR, no one argues that. But if Wentz is gonna baby it up everytime a team he's on doesn't make the right draft pick, he's not gonna last long. And if he thought his GM was a snake, he shouldnt have signed that extension.

I mean - the Colts ALSO passed on DK Metcalf in 2019, drafting WR Parris Campbell over him. Every team has misses. Eagles have been bad the past two years, but they aren't typically that bad.
I'm guessing you aren't a huge fan of Watson right now either then demanding a trade after signing an extension? Wentz basically thought Howie was gonna dig his own grave and get himself canned. I don't think Wentz really had a problem with Howie prior to the extension though. Unfortunately that didn't happen. It wasn't the draft as much as it was FA. Apparently they promised him a TOP WR FA signing in 2018. Never given a name but my guess is Allen Robinson and when said players or players who were top guys went else where Wentz's agent asked the Eagles what gives. They were told either they wanted too much money or "they didn't fit the system we wanted and tried passing the blame to Pederson. They tried to pass off DeSean Jackson as the big target for Wentz and His agent saw right through the BS.  Howie then told them to Settle down we'll get ya someone next year. Presumable Robby Anderson I would think (Again I was not given names promised just told he was promised top targets). That didn't happen either. Now I don't know if Howie tried saying to him "oh we promise we'll get ya that top WR this year offseason) but apparently Wentz and his agent were hearing non of it. Like it was reported they weren't taking Howie's calls. A lot of his went through Lurie and passed on to the others involved in this whole thing. 

The Eagles have been bad at drafting a developing talent forever especially WR. We've missed on Quite a few Drafts. Could've had Devante Adams over Jordan Matthews, Juju over Agholar, Steve Smith over DeSean Jackson (Though this one isn't talked about considering the success DJax had but it wasn't #1 WR close to HOF level production of Smith) and the list goes on. We've missed on a ton of drafts. 

babydemon90 said:
We wasted too many picks on dumb trades trying to revisit the Super Bowl. We thought we were better then we were - so rather then getting a lot of talent so a few could stand out, we kinda ended up forced to rely on the ones we did.

Also wasn't that long ago we trade up twice to get Wentz - dont forget that had an impact too. All that draft capital we spent trading up is draft capital we couldn't use to build a team.
Without Wentz we aren't even a position to win the SB in 2017. People love to give Foles all the credit and look he deserves credit for what he did in the playoffs but leading up to that after Wentz got hurt who was playing at MVP level (It took Brady 3 weeks to catch him in the NFL Lead for TD passes), Foles was pretty avg to below avg. He was fortunate not to have 2 picks in that Rams game when he came on for Carson. I'll take getting the first SB if it means sucking for a couple of yrs now. 

As for the top part I completely agree with you. I forget who it was maybe mike Kaye wrote an article a year ago how Alshon Jeffrey was the perfect Mercenary for the Eagles at the time WR wise but they should've gotten rid of him after the 08 Season. Lets be fair we still had a ton of Holes despite winning the SB and a lot of people forgot about that including the Organization and completely dismissed some I'd say should be punishable and fireable offenses for neglect. 

Giants get Golladay.  How do our offensive positions rank in the div now?

QB:  Last
WR:  Last
RB:  2nd Last

Giants get Golladay.  How do our offensive positions rank in the div now?

QB:  Last
WR:  Last
RB:  2nd Last
what RB are you putting behind Sanders? I'd take Barkley and Gibson before him for sure. Zeke if he bounces back, otherwise if the decline continues I would put Sanders over Zeke based on what we saw last year out of Dallas....but I could some putting Sanders 4th here....

what RB are you putting behind Sanders? I'd take Barkley and Gibson before him for sure. Zeke if he bounces back, otherwise if the decline continues I would put Sanders over Zeke based on what we saw last year out of Dallas....but I could some putting Sanders 4th here....
I think you  can definitely make a case for Sanders over Gibson, and I'm a fan of both.

All things being equal (including salary) I'd take Zeke and Barkley over him for sure.  That being said, all things are not equal so, because of the salary,  I'd actually take Zeke last out of the group. 

Who knows how those conversations go but I’m sure it had a ton to do with the direction of the team versus what they actually did. 

I just can’t subscribe to the theory he’s a “baby”. Babies don’t grind as walk ons, at small schools, play through a lot of injuries etc. Nothing about him comes off as soft to me. “He didn’t speak when he could have!!” There’s no win here, the more you talk the more they spin. Doug tried to be transparent and it killed him. The best approach here is to do what Reid and Wentz did...say nothing. You’re gonna get bashed either way

Like i said above, there’s not many of us who would endure that trash if we didn’t have to. 

Sanders could be as high as 1 and as low as 4. Had he been used properly and more frequently his numbers would be gaudy IMO. 

I personally think Sanders is a better overall back than Gibson. 

Howie promised Wentz to get him weapons on offense. Howie also assured Wentz that when he was injured with the ACL "His job was safe" but honestly it never was.
Bad picks on offense don't make Howie a 'snake'.  They got him Goedert and Sanders, which were good - but then JJ was obviously a miss (made by many teams), and Reagor too soon to tell.

And Wentz's job was safe "honestly". If he didnt baby his way out of town he'd have been the day one starter. No one in the NFL ever has a blank pass to be the worst in the NFL at their position and not expect to have to improve if they want to keep their job.

Bad picks on offense don't make Howie a 'snake'.  They got him Goedert and Sanders, which were good - but then JJ was obviously a miss (made by many teams), and Reagor too soon to tell.

And Wentz's job was safe "honestly". If he didnt baby his way out of town he'd have been the day one starter. No one in the NFL ever has a blank pass to be the worst in the NFL at their position and not expect to have to improve if they want to keep their job.
So they got him a back up TE to the 28 year old TE we had, an underused RB and a we’ll see with Reagor. Oh, and they got him a QB controversy, awful coaching and deteriorating talent at nearly every position. F it, why not throw in bringing back Peters, Alshon, Desean, Clement, Scott etc etc. 

If YOU cared about winning and direction of a team you would want to gtfo as well. I can’t blame him for that. We’re the Jets, Lions, Jags now. Good players don’t want to waste their careers in situations like that. As long as Howie is here that’s where we’ll be. 

Winners care about winning. Not getting a pat on the back for braving the conditions of a sinking ship. 

The only thing saying he babied his way out of town is biased reporters, guys like Joe Saquintil and Jeff McLane not guys with great track records and the blowhard neanderthals on WIP. I think I'll believe the people I know and Wentz/Pederson over media in Philly who are known for making up BS to run certain people they don't think have true character of Philly. 

So they got him a back up TE to the 28 year old TE we had, an underused RB and a we’ll see with Reagor. Oh, and they got him a QB controversy, awful coaching and deteriorating talent at nearly every position. F it, why not throw in bringing back Peters, Alshon, Desean, Clement, Scott etc etc. 

If YOU cared about winning and direction of a team you would want to gtfo as well. I can’t blame him for that. We’re the Jets, Lions, Jags now. Good players don’t want to waste their careers in situations like that. As long as Howie is here that’s where we’ll be. 

Winners care about winning. Not getting a pat on the back for braving the conditions of a sinking ship. 
I've sad it before and I'll say it again. I love this team more than anything and would've loved to have played for the hometown team. But honestly if I was treated the way Wentz has been since he got here by certain people I'd be telling each and everyone of them to F off and getting as far away from this city as possible. So many people here are so underappreciatve of actual talent. heck Philly doesn't even Deserve super talented guys Like Embiid or Bryce Harper at this point. Fans and media in this city are so fickle and a bunch of Turncoats. You can be a hero for 2 yrs and suddenly you have one bad season and everyone wants you run out of town. Honestly Wentz handled it better then I would've. I would've gone out falling on the sword and bringing people down with me, calling out certain Media members etc. Honestly if I'm some superstar player Id be thinking twice ever coming to Philly anymore. 

Rams Sign DeSean Jackson. DJax is going home. Nice signing for him. He gets to probably play his last season or 2 in his home town. Good for DeSean 

• Smile
Reactions: Ash

If Wentz is even mediocre, there is no QB controversy.  The blame for the way the season went should fall squarely on his shoulders.  Thanks for the 13 game run you had in 2017.  I don't think you'll never be that guy again. 

Users who are viewing this thread