What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (7 Viewers)

The Noid said:
Let's make this draft, and all the possibilities (horrible or exciting), a little more fun by playing the "Predict what the Eagles will do in the 1st round" game. Winner gets a TBD Eagles-related prize. Here are the rules:

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:
             1. Stay at 12/Trade Up/Trade Down

2. Player they will pick with their first pick in the draft

3. Guess the # of total letters in the full first and last name of the final player the Eagles select 

• One entry per FBG
  • Entries locked in at noon EST, Thursday (no edits to entry post after that time)
  • #3 above will be used as the first tie-breaker (closest correct guess, high or low), second tie breaker will be random selection using random.org
1. Trade with DEN to 9

2. Waddle

3. 14

add the heavy favor of veteran players the last few years

Man this needs more attention, because it's a huge part of what killed us, imo
The SB season was both the best and the worst thing to happen to this team. The takeaway for the front office was that they "found" a winning formula with the mix of core vets and FA signings. So they tried to repeat the formula each of the next two seasons, almost exactly, instead of trying to anticipate the changing landscape of the league and stay ahead or adapt. It was like a blockbuster movie that has a disappointing sequel because it just tries to hit all the same beats as the first time, or a one-hit wonder that tries to recapture the success of their song by making a similar one (see all of Sir Mix-A-Lot's booty-related, desperate follow-ups to "Baby Got Back.) 

Not only didn't it work, but it set the franchise back for years and forced a total tear-down and rebuild. 

The Bucs are really putting the "run it back" approach to the test this season, btw. So I'm guessing that won't work out well, either. 

Who are you all targeting in the Top 5-10 in 2022? 

Phins are going 5-11 as is. 

Just wanted to get that off my chest before the Draft tonight. 

The SB season was both the best and the worst thing to happen to this team. The takeaway for the front office was that they "found" a winning formula with the mix of core vets and FA signings. So they tried to repeat the formula each of the next two seasons, almost exactly, instead of trying to anticipate the changing landscape of the league and stay ahead or adapt. It was like a blockbuster movie that has a disappointing sequel because it just tries to hit all the same beats as the first time, or a one-hit wonder that tries to recapture the success of their song by making a similar one (see all of Sir Mix-A-Lot's booty-related, desperate follow-ups to "Baby Got Back.) 

Not only didn't it work, but it set the franchise back for years and forced a total tear-down and rebuild. 

The Bucs are really putting the "run it back" approach to the test this season, btw. So I'm guessing that won't work out well, either. 
I think there’s a little more detail needed. We did go back to the same formula but the biggest issue was that they didn’t realize just how lucky they were to win it given the obstacles they had. 

They got key contributions from lesser talents and instead of still trying to improve those positions they settled. Loyalty is easy to understand when the talent is there. In our case it was blind

TB wasn’t lucky to win the SB. They were just good. 

Man this needs more attention, because it's a huge part of what killed us, imo. You draft Dillard in the first and don't start him?  Then a freak injury, and we have no idea what we have in him 2 years later and he's way behind the curve.

Add trading 3rd rounders for one year rentals into this too.  We tried way way way too hard to push the 2017 model and it cost us.
The Tate and Avery trades frustrate me more than anything else Howie has done.  Tate at least made a little sense but Avery  :shrug:

The Noid said:
Let's make this draft, and all the possibilities (horrible or exciting), a little more fun by playing the "Predict what the Eagles will do in the 1st round" game. Winner gets a TBD Eagles-related prize. Here are the rules:

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:

3. Guess the # of total letters in the full first and last name of the final player the Eagles select 

• One entry per FBG
  • Entries locked in at noon EST, Thursday (no edits to entry post after that time)
  • #3 above will be used as the first tie-breaker (closest correct guess, high or low), second tie breaker will be random selection using random.org
1. Stay

2. Surtain

3. 12

The Noid said:

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:

• One entry per FBG
Trade up

Waddle

Not surprised by them. They are trying to keep fans in seats. 

I think there’s a little more detail needed. We did go back to the same formula but the biggest issue was that they didn’t realize just how lucky they were to win it given the obstacles they had. 

They got key contributions from lesser talents and instead of still trying to improve those positions they settled. Loyalty is easy to understand when the talent is there. In our case it was blind

TB wasn’t lucky to win the SB. They were just good. 
WFT had a chance to beat them but the Refs decided that game in the end. TB had no business winning that wild card game. I know Was is our division but I really felt bad for them especially that QB. 

It should be factored in as Step 1 in what looks to be a terrific Draft for you all and moving forward. 

If by chance one of the 5 QBs are left on the board at 12?
I could see it if they love the player. They aren't sold on Hurts and people I've talked to in the know including a very well known national guy who lives in my area they all said 80% of the org isn't sold on Hurts and Hurts was drafted to appease the last coaching staff. It's why Wentz felt wronged by one of the few people other than Lurie who were on his side because Doug asked for a younger QB to develop. To Carson it showed him his coach didn't trust him enough. I could also see them taking Trask later since his OC/QB coach is here now but I've heard rumblings Steelers want him and have him ranked over one of the top 5 QBs in this draft. 

The Noid said:

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:

• One entry per FBG
Trade down

Waddle

WFT had a chance to beat them but the Refs decided that game in the end. TB had no business winning that wild card game. I know Was is our division but I really felt bad for them especially that QB. 
Atlanta had a chance to beat us too and that phrase can be said a lot in the playoffs. The overall point is that TB wasn’t a “lucky” team. 

My hope is that Howie is feeling the heat enough to not get cute. Just go with the consensus and we will be fine. 

To me, Howie's like Sean Penns character in CARLITO'S WAY.  Penn was a lawyer who wants to be a gangster....Howie's a businessman who wants to be a football guy.  He needs to prove to the football guys how much smarter he is at football then them.  

Official list of entries for the draft prediction contest:

FBG    S/TU/TB    Player    Letters

The Noid Trade Back Kwity Paye 12

Insein Stay Jaycee Horn 27

Lehigh98 Stay DeVonta Smith 14

neal cassady Stay Jaylen Waddle 12

Deamon Stay Jaylen Waddle 13

DJackson10 Trade Up Jaylen Waddle 21

Ash Stay DeVonta Smith 10

JetMaxx Stay Kwity Paye 14

Leroy Hoard Stay Micah Parsons 11

rzrback77 Trade Back Elijah Moore 15

Deranged Hermit Stay Rashawn Slater 11

Bigboy10182000 Trade Up Ja'Marr Chase 13

ProstheticRGK Trade Up Jaylen Waddle 14

Tom Hagen Stay Patrick Surtain 12

babydemon90 Trade Up Jaylen Waddle 13

SayWhat? Stay DeVonta Smith 15

tangfoot Trade Back Jaylen Waddle 8

Good luck, gents. Can't wait for every single one of these to be wrong!

QBs are going to be in vogue, I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like him drop to the late teens.
Late teens is not possible, even if 5 QB's go in the top 10.

The talk is we have to move UP for Waddle.  My DREAM is that he's there at 12.  I'd say the chances of us not taking him if he's there for us at 12 are very very slim.  If he's there at 12, and is clearly the next best WR to be drafted, and we want him, we aren't going to trade back and hope he falls even more.

Late teens is not possible, even if 5 QB's go in the top 10.

The talk is we have to move UP for Waddle.  My DREAM is that he's there at 12.  I'd say the chances of us not taking him if he's there for us at 12 are very very slim.  If he's there at 12, and is clearly the next best WR to be drafted, and we want him, we aren't going to trade back and hope he falls even more.
That'd be like drawing a 20 but hitting again when the dealer is showing a 9.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're gonna hit 100 pages by Monday, aren't we.
Last year we added 24 pages over the 3 days of the draft, so it's very possible but we also hope to not have a Jalen Hurts-type pick again that fueled a lot of it. 

But, we also have been way more active this off-season. Last year we were only 17 pages in when the draft rolled around, compared to 70 (!) pages so far this year. We're already past last year's halfway point and if we hit 100 this weekend we'll have already passed all of 2019's thread.  :eek:

2017: 172 pages

2018: 112 pages

2019: 100 pages

2020: 132 pages

Good news/bad news report - Dianna Russini from ESPN is reporting that the Saints are trying to make a big move into the top 10 picks tonight. Speculation that they may be trying to get 1 of the top CBs. If that is the case and they pull it off it would make it more difficult for the Eagles to draft a CB (unless they also trade up) but would make it more likely that 1 of the Bama WRs would be available at 12.

Last year we added 24 pages over the 3 days of the draft, so it's very possible but we also hope to not have a Jalen Hurts-type pick again that fueled a lot of it. 

But, we also have been way more active this off-season. Last year we were only 17 pages in when the draft rolled around, compared to 70 (!) pages so far this year. We're already past last year's halfway point and if we hit 100 this weekend we'll have already passed all of 2019's thread.  :eek:

2017: 172 pages

2018: 112 pages

2019: 100 pages

2020: 132 pages
Nice stats, thats cool.  10 of those pages are Djax replying to every single post though :P

The Hurts pick definitely fired people up last year but this year we have a LOT riding on this first pick.

Good news/bad news report - Dianna Russini from ESPN is reporting that the Saints are trying to make a big move into the top 10 picks tonight. Speculation that they may be trying to get 1 of the top CBs. If that is the case and they pull it off it would make it more difficult for the Eagles to draft a CB (unless they also trade up) but would make it more likely that 1 of the Bama WRs would be available at 12.
Exactly this.  I'm not sure if I want those CB's to go or not.

We REALLY REALLY REALLY need SF to pick Mac Jones.

Don't see it this way.  The Eagles abysmal draft history since 2017 killed this team.  At least they rectified the situation by getting rid of the coach.  Our drafts should improve. <rolls eyes>

I would love Fields or Lance to be on the board at 12. I’d call Chicago and start dialogue with 20 and their ‘22 1st. 
Yeah if they’re both there you have the potential to really fleece a team. I know we need stars and starters but this would make me think really hard

If Howie trades up I’m gonna be pissed.  Right now, we have a good number of picks in the first 3 rounds this year and next, and taking that number of swings to rebuild the talent level on this team is critical.  He needs to stop giving those picks away.

This team needs to stop thinking they can evaluate talent well enough that they’re expending multiple early picks on a single player.  Stay put, take the best premium position player on the board.

That’s all.

Or he can give a few to grab Rodgers. Just saying.
Well, if Rodgers hated Green Bay’s skill position situation he’ll 🤮in his mouth looking at ours.

Edit: if the team was better I’d say do it, but I don’t think we have enough overall talent to make that pay off.

Or he can give a few to grab Rodgers. Just saying.
No way Rodgers would want to come into this situation. If Wentz was able to go where he wanted, Rodgers is definitely going to have his say. I think Miami makes the most sense (which would be bad for our 2022 1st rounder from them.)

And, speaking of Wentz, imagine what Colts fans are thinking now...

No way Rodgers would want to come into this situation. If Wentz was able to go where he wanted, Rodgers is definitely going to have his say. I think Miami makes the most sense (which would be bad for our 2022 1st rounder from them.)

And, speaking of Wentz, imagine what Colts fans are thinking now...
Rodgers said he wants Denver, SF, LV.

I believe the Saints target is Sewell not a CB. 

Users who are viewing this thread