What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (8 Viewers)

In review of the Dickerson pick, I looked back at who was taken after him. I’m sure that there will be a few players that will be better but I can’t say anyone had a higher scouting grade than him. He’s a plug and play All Pro caliber player at C or G with lead your team type character. Moerhig(back injury), JOK(bad tape) and Samuel(size didn’t fit new regime) had their warts. None of them have All Pro talent. Addressing the injury thing, lower body injuries to an interior OL are not deal breakers to me. Foot speed and short area movement have minimal importance. 

Not looking to defend Howie but I completely get why he made the pick. It was a redo of Metcalf IMO. He took his shot at the moon. 

Guys I apologize in Advance if The Slim Reaper isn't good or he only stays 4-5 yrs here. I just purchased his jersey on DHgate (For those worried about spending $$$ on jerseys this China knockoff Jersey site is great and a lot of times you don't even know the difference). My last two Eagles Jerseys for a current player was DeSean Jackson and then Carson Wentz. SO hopefully Smith breaks this curse. I couldn't pass up being around his size wearing a single digit Jersey for WR either. 

And Seriously the site is great. I have a Mike Schmidt Powder Blue Phillies from there, my Randall Cunningham Kelly Green and my Wentz Jersey all from there. Get compliments all the time. Both my Flyers jerseys and a ton of my soccer Jerseys have come from there. Any time I wear any of it I get a lot of positive feedback. So if you are wanting a jersey and don't want to pay over $200 for authentic or $100 on a replica this is a great site. Depending on the sport and sometimes jersey price varies. My Smith Jersey being so new ran me $28 probably the most I've spent there on a jersey so far.  They have a ton of stuff in everyones size and sometimes you get some coupons. Got $5 off my from the seller on this Jersey too from the $28

Guys I apologize in Advance if The Slim Reaper isn't good or he only stays 4-5 yrs here. I just purchased his jersey on DHgate (For those worried about spending $$$ on jerseys this China knockoff Jersey site is great and a lot of times you don't even know the difference). My last two Eagles Jerseys for a current player was DeSean Jackson and then Carson Wentz. SO hopefully Smith breaks this curse. I couldn't pass up being around his size wearing a single digit Jersey for WR either. 

And Seriously the site is great. I have a Mike Schmidt Powder Blue Phillies from there, my Randall Cunningham Kelly Green and my Wentz Jersey all from there. Get compliments all the time. Both my Flyers jerseys and a ton of my soccer Jerseys have come from there. Any time I wear any of it I get a lot of positive feedback. So if you are wanting a jersey and don't want to pay over $200 for authentic or $100 on a replica this is a great site. Depending on the sport and sometimes jersey price varies. My Smith Jersey being so new ran me $28 probably the most I've spent there on a jersey so far.  They have a ton of stuff in everyones size and sometimes you get some coupons. Got $5 off my from the seller on this Jersey too from the $28
I like D Smith better than Raegor last year. However, I liked the o line pick better. 

I think a lot of people are over this one considering Brandon Graham made one of the biggest plays to help us win the SB. He's also playing and has played for the same team since drafted, while ET was good he got a contract dispute and left Sea and was released from Dal after becoming a malcontent in the locker room, missing practices, fighting with teammates and being all about Earl Thomas. He is still a FA now btw. Hindsight 20/20 here I think the Eagles made the right call. We got our Super Bowl with our guy and the dude is a class act. When the Ravens release you for locker room issues it's not a good sign 
Fair point.  This one was much further apart a couple of years into their prospective careers....although I do think Thomas is a HOFer and BG isn't getting in without a ticket.  

LOL!

I've gone in the exact opposite.  I wear a Babin jersey to Eagles games and a Bynum jersey to Sixers.  All I need now is a Domonic Brown Phils jersey and a Flyers Bryzgalov.  

In review of the Dickerson pick, I looked back at who was taken after him. I’m sure that there will be a few players that will be better but I can’t say anyone had a higher scouting grade than him. He’s a plug and play All Pro caliber player at C or G with lead your team type character. Moerhig(back injury), JOK(bad tape) and Samuel(size didn’t fit new regime) had their warts. None of them have All Pro talent. Addressing the injury thing, lower body injuries to an interior OL are not deal breakers to me. Foot speed and short area movement have minimal importance. 

Not looking to defend Howie but I completely get why he made the pick. It was a redo of Metcalf IMO. He took his shot at the moon. 
I guess.  But those big names were exciting.  There's always disappointment when you don't get the sexy name, and I'm warming up to the pick for sure.

You have valid points about the other guys, I do wonder though why not Jenkins though?  Jenkins could play Guard or Tackle and was ranked significantly higher than Dickerson. 

I guess.  But those big names were exciting.  There's always disappointment when you don't get the sexy name, and I'm warming up to the pick for sure.

You have valid points about the other guys, I do wonder though why not Jenkins though?  Jenkins could play Guard or Tackle and was ranked significantly higher than Dickerson. 
Again I’m not defending Howie. Just getting into the mind set. Jenkins without doubt was an option but when an OT slides out of the first round and into the mid second in a relatively shallow draft one must look at the bigger scouting picture painted. Something was there. 

By all accounts Dickerson has mid first/Zach Martin IOL level talent aside from the injuries. It’s a bet I get. 

Again I’m not defending Howie. Just getting into the mind set. Jenkins without doubt was an option but when an OT slides out of the first round and into the mid second in a relatively shallow draft one must look at the bigger scouting picture painted. Something was there. 

By all accounts Dickerson has mid first/Zach Martin IOL level talent aside from the injuries. It’s a bet I get. 
This year is a lost cause anyways.  I wouldn't even mind Dickerson sitting out most of or the whole year.  I just really hope they don't even remotely rush him back.  Let Kelce teach the kid in practice and in the meeting rooms, and come back extremely healthy next season.

This year is a lost cause anyways.  I wouldn't even mind Dickerson sitting out most of or the whole year.  I just really hope they don't even remotely rush him back.  Let Kelce teach the kid in practice and in the meeting rooms, and come back extremely healthy next season.
Kelce, Stoutland and rest should unleash the beast

Only jerseys in my closet are Desean, Carson and Foles. Unless you count the Fred Barnett and Jon Ritchie jerseys also. Being very careful about who I pick next.

jerseys i have are McNabb, Trotter, Garner (Charlie) and Andre Waters. Still wear the Andre Waters jersey with some pride 

I agree, you have to wonder what was up with Tevin Jenkins. Same thing with Moehrig, he should not have fell that far but the last minute back info scared 31 teams off. You have to think the team scouts and Drs know more than a fantasy football forum. (Some will find that hard to believe 😄)

I agree, you have to wonder what was up with Tevin Jenkins. Same thing with Moehrig, he should not have fell that far but the last minute back info scared 31 teams off. You have to think the team scouts and Drs know more than a fantasy football forum. (Some will find that hard to believe 😄)
I think not being able to do the usual work didn't help. Social distancing and all. Someone mentioned in here because of that, no pro day etc teams only had a list of 100 prospect scouting reports and day 3 was gonna be a wing it and hope and prey you got a steal 

Eagles trade a 6th and a 7th to Washington for a 5th rounder next year. 
Hmmm I like it.

Still some first round quality guys with major injury concerns on the board though.   A couple just went.
I had to a do a double take and re-read it when I first saw this. Here is a great summary of this trade, from BGN:

I do not want to overstate a day three trade, but as far as late-round trades go, the trade with WASTEAM was professional, Robert DeNiro movie robbery (the ones early in the movies, not the heists near the end where nearly everyone dies in the aftermath). The Eagles gave up picks 225 and 240 for a 5th next year. Giving up those picks has historically moved a team up to the early 200s. The Eagles got a pick that will be in the 150s to mid-170s in what is considered a deeper draft. If WASTEAM is really bad, it could be in the late 140s. Adding to the hilarity of the deal, WASTEAM used the first of the two picks on a long snapper, and as a cherry on top, his name is Cheeseman. WTF, WFT?

Last edited by a moderator:
Per Adam Caplan, everyone in the Eagles front office wanted 4th round pick Zech McPhearson: “the kid they drafted in the 4th round they love. They are very high on this kid, they think they got a sleeper...the whole room was like, this is the guy.”
Even Donahoe? Lol

FA's signed after 4pm today do not count against the comp pick formula, so we could see a mini FA flurry later today across the league. 

Jersey # Switches alert 

Per Johnny Airport Clark 

Darius Slay confirmed to me that he is switching to #2

Jalen Hurts switched to #1

Slay wore 24 last year to honor Kobe Bryant

#2 is Darius Slay’s junior college number

Who of note is out there?  
Older Stephen Gilmore, for depth CB Brian Poole who is 28, Malik Hooker is still out there as well. Kwon Alexander at LB, If you want to take low risk high reward Dede Westbrook at WR, are all available. You got a few others in there going off name recognition and thee's always bringing back Jason Peters!!!!!!!

I missed it if its out there.....but are the Eagles running a 4/3, a 3/4 or a "Both" this year?  
With new defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon in Philly, the Eagles defensive scheme will look a bit different than it has in year’s past.

When Jim Schwartz ran the defense, the team ran a lot of man coverage with a single high safety. That single high safety would often be Rodney McLeod, with either Malcolm Jenkins or Jalen Mills coming down to play near the line.

Gannon comes from the Mike Zimmer tree, where a 4-3 base defense and cover 2 is the default scheme. But during his time as the Colts defensive backs coach, the coverages he ran varied drastically based on the personnel he had. 

During his first two seasons in Indianapolis, the Colts defense essentially ran a traditional Tampa 2 defense, allowing Pro Bowl linebacker Darius Leonard to roam the middle of the field. But once the team started to acquire bigger corners, something GM Chris Ballard made a concerted effort towards, their defense transitioned to more of a cover 3 scheme.

It looked very similar to Pete Carroll’s infamous Legion of Boom defense in the early 2010’s. He’s even referred to his defensive scheme as an “inverted Tampa 2” in the past. 

With two stout corners who stood 6-foot or higher in Rock Ya Sin and Xavier Rhodes, the Colts successfully ran cover 3 for the majority of 2020. But since NFL offenses are so well equipped to pick apart zone defenses in today’s NFL, the Colts ran something called a cover 3 match concept, which utilizes zone and man coverage on the same play.
What defensive scheme will the Eagles run under new DC Jonathan Gannon

I missed it if its out there.....but are the Eagles running a 4/3, a 3/4 or a "Both" this year?  
So it sounds like a 4-3 Defense with a cover 3 match which is explained in the article. The issue right now is the Eagles don't seem to have the corners and for as good as Slay is, he doesn't fit the scheme as well but for as good as he is I believe he will succeed. 

So I was looking up BDawk's Height/Weight today compared to some players today (mainly Smith) and came across this name Micheal Zordich. IMHO I think Zordich Is very under appreciated as a player during his career. He signed with the team when I was 6 and played 4 yrs here till 98 before being replace by Timmy Hauck. Zordich after only playing in 10 games for the Jets in 1987 went on to play every game from 88 till he retired in 98. A 10 yr span that consisted of 160 total games which is pretty great for a guy in that era. Zordich was a part of 32 Turnovers created during his career. 6FF, 11FR, and 20 INTS with 4 DEFTD. He accumulated 6 sacks as well career high INT totals of 4 each in his first year with the Eagles including one of his 2 TDs (I believe I saw the FR TD he had which was against the Cards if I'm not mistaken) was in 96. 

For his career Zordich had 588 career tackles with career high of 87 with PHX Cardinals in 1991. Zordich also played and started along side Brian Dawkins during Wolverines first 2 yrs in the league (JESUS Dawkins with first Zordich and then Hauch and Then Micheal Lewis talk about the lumber being laid into opponents). I wouldn't saying Zordich is an NFL HOF but I do believe he deserves to be part of the Eagles Ring of Honor. 

Just your random fact stats for today in Eagles history 

I really like the player and don’t have a problem with taking a swing. They need to prepare to move on from Brooks (1-2 more years)  and Kelce probably after this season. Worst case is a “what if” type career where he’s really good, but plays 8 games a year.

Every prospect carries a different kind of risk

So I was looking up BDawk's Height/Weight today compared to some players today (mainly Smith) and came across this name Micheal Zordich. IMHO I think Zordich Is very under appreciated as a player during his career. He signed with the team when I was 6 and played 4 yrs here till 98 before being replace by Timmy Hauck. Zordich after only playing in 10 games for the Jets in 1987 went on to play every game from 88 till he retired in 98. A 10 yr span that consisted of 160 total games which is pretty great for a guy in that era. Zordich was a part of 32 Turnovers created during his career. 6FF, 11FR, and 20 INTS with 4 DEFTD. He accumulated 6 sacks as well career high INT totals of 4 each in his first year with the Eagles including one of his 2 TDs (I believe I saw the FR TD he had which was against the Cards if I'm not mistaken) was in 96. 

For his career Zordich had 588 career tackles with career high of 87 with PHX Cardinals in 1991. Zordich also played and started along side Brian Dawkins during Wolverines first 2 yrs in the league (JESUS Dawkins with first Zordich and then Hauch and Then Micheal Lewis talk about the lumber being laid into opponents). I wouldn't saying Zordich is an NFL HOF but I do believe he deserves to be part of the Eagles Ring of Honor. 

Just your random fact stats for today in Eagles history 
I remember liking Zordich during the Ray Rhodes era. I was playing S then, so payed a lot of attention to Eagles at that position.

I really like the player and don’t have a problem with taking a swing. They need to prepare to move on from Brooks (1-2 more years)  and Kelce probably after this season. Worst case is a “what if” type career where he’s really good, but plays 8 games a year.

Every prospect carries a different kind of risk
You're probably right and I am definitely feeling better about the pick. But early OL picks haven't done so well for us in recent years (besides lane). 

Really hope they sit him out for the whole season this year and teach him a lot of the mental side of the game. 

So it sounds like a 4-3 Defense with a cover 3 match which is explained in the article. The issue right now is the Eagles don't seem to have the corners and for as good as Slay is, he doesn't fit the scheme as well but for as good as he is I believe he will succeed. 
They’re assuming Gannon will run what the Colts ran, but he wasn’t calling those plays.  Zimmer runs a lot of Quarters coverage as well.  It was hard to get a feel for what kind of defensive players they would go after because we don’t know what the scheme will look like yet.

You're probably right and I am definitely feeling better about the pick. But early OL picks haven't done so well for us in recent years (besides lane). 

Really hope they sit him out for the whole season this year and teach him a lot of the mental side of the game. 
Agree, he seems like exactly the kind of kid who is willing and capable of absorbing whatever Kelce can teach him during this year.

I think Greg Ward’s days on the team are numbered.

Based on some things Sirianni has said, that he expects all WRs to know all the positions and guys are not locked into particular roles.  He said that in the context of the X position but I wonder if the same applies to slot?

Also, many times he has talked about the priority of getting the ball into playmaker’s hands.  Ward has such a limited ceiling in that sense. Smith and Reagor are locks, Fulgham hopefully shows enough to earn a spot and some time.  From there I would rather take a chance on Hightower and Watkins than Ward.

I think Greg Ward’s days on the team are numbered.

Based on some things Sirianni has said, that he expects all WRs to know all the positions and guys are not locked into particular roles.  He said that in the context of the X position but I wonder if the same applies to slot?

Also, many times he has talked about the priority of getting the ball into playmaker’s hands.  Ward has such a limited ceiling in that sense. Smith and Reagor are locks, Fulgham hopefully shows enough to earn a spot and some time.  From there I would rather take a chance on Hightower and Watkins than Ward.
Smith, Reagor, Fulgham, Hightower and Watkins are all locks. JJAW and Ward are definitely on the hot seat. 

Official list of entries for the draft prediction contest:

FBG    S/TU/TB    Player    Letters

The Noid Trade Back Kwity Paye 12

Insein Stay Jaycee Horn 27

Lehigh98 Stay DeVonta Smith 14

neal cassady Stay Jaylen Waddle 12

Deamon Stay Jaylen Waddle 13

DJackson10 Trade Up Jaylen Waddle 21

Ash Stay DeVonta Smith 10

JetMaxx Stay Kwity Paye 14

Leroy Hoard Stay Micah Parsons 11

rzrback77 Trade Back Elijah Moore 15

Deranged Hermit Stay Rashawn Slater 11

Bigboy10182000 Trade Up Ja'Marr Chase 13

ProstheticRGK Trade Up Jaylen Waddle 14

Tom Hagen Stay Patrick Surtain 12

babydemon90 Trade Up Jaylen Waddle 13

SayWhat? Stay DeVonta Smith 15

tangfoot Trade Back Jaylen Waddle 8

Good luck, gents. Can't wait for every single one of these to be wrong!
Congrats to @Lehigh98 for being the closest correct predication by getting both the player (Smith) and the # of letters in the last pick's name (14, Patrick Johnson). PM your address to get your mystery Eagles swag. 

Per Adam Caplan, everyone in the Eagles front office wanted 4th round pick Zech McPhearson: “the kid they drafted in the 4th round they love. They are very high on this kid, they think they got a sleeper...the whole room was like, this is the guy.”
Something I think we all forgot, they got this pick from Mia trading down to 12. They didn't have a 4 this year (went to Cleveland). Gotta give Howie credit on this one.

Something I think we all forgot, they got this pick from Mia trading down to 12. They didn't have a 4 this year (went to Cleveland). Gotta give Howie credit on this one.
Ya I actually forgot about that.

It's going to be fun to cheer against Miami and Indy this year.  There's a good chance next year we pick around picks 6, 10, AND 20.

Ya I actually forgot about that.

It's going to be fun to cheer against Miami and Indy this year.  There's a good chance next year we pick around picks 6, 10, AND 20.
Enough to move up if a top flight CB is available in the top 5.

Exactly who I would target with the extra picks they have. 
Ya he has been arguably the top CB in college football for the last couple years.  Probably the best CB to come out in a decade.  He's my absolute dream pick next year.

Eagles Pick 4th
Miami Pick 6th
Indy Pick 19

Trade 6+19+3rd Rounder to move up to 3.

Draft Stingley at 3, and new future QB at 4.

Dream.

Ya he has been arguably the top CB in college football for the last couple years.  Probably the best CB to come out in a decade.  He's my absolute dream pick next year.

Eagles Pick 4th
Miami Pick 6th
Indy Pick 19

Trade 6+19+3rd Rounder to move up to 3.

Draft Stingley at 3, and new future QB at 4.

Dream.
I'd prefer Hurts to work out but definitely want Stingley.

Users who are viewing this thread