What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (16 Viewers)

Marcus Hayes is the person who said earlier this offseason they needed to give Howie Roseman more power.  There are plenty of opinions, but I find his stuff worse then Jeff McLane.
Hayes is also a race bater. He's as bad as Jason Whitlock in that regard. The Inky is such a bad paper these days. I know people hate Stephane A Smith but it was great to read his articles daily even if he was an AI Apologist enabling his off the court behavior. may not have agree with him on a lot but it was always insightful read. I remember when Ashlely Fox and her college did the McNabb trade 5 part series and they reported word for word what @Deranged Hermit told us his buddy told him back then. That was pretty cool when I was telling all my friends yeah this article is word for word from some guy on a message board football site I read. 

When you still employ idiots like Hayes and McLane you know you are desperate. 

Exactly, with his play last year, all the rumours about his coachability I just don't think we'd get a great return.  Might as well just hang on for another year and hope 2020 was an aberration and that he's had a wake up call and makes progress with the new staff.
I don't think Wentz is a bad person just needs certain coaching. He isn't the first or the athlete who needs the type of coaching he does either. Doesn't make him team cancer or anything. I just laugh when people think the answer is just trade or cut them. I'm glad those clowns don't run the team. The team would be bankrupt with their fantasy type managing and probably sore losers to boot.

🤣 27 pages of offseason thread before the playoffs are even finished.  When do we hit 200?
Here's the sad part. Theres team threads on this board that barely get this high for an offseason and season. Some team threads have been continues and not like ours split each season and aren't even this high. 

I don't think Wentz is a bad person just needs certain coaching. He isn't the first or the athlete who needs the type of coaching he does either. Doesn't make him team cancer or anything. I just laugh when people think the answer is just trade or cut them. I'm glad those clowns don't run the team. The team would be bankrupt with their fantasy type managing and probably sore losers to boot.
Agree, just saying we'd be selling low at this point, so why sell?

And when you decide to take the next QB, do it like an assassin.  *Nobody* expected the Chiefs to be the ones trading up to get Mahomes when they did.

They found a guy they liked and went and got him, even though they were already OK (but not great) at the position.
Don't think they get enough credit for that at all. Deserve way more credit

Agree, just saying we'd be selling low at this point, so why sell?
Yep exactly I just don't understand people. Actually I do. They get infatuated by athletes like Lamar and Hurts and lose sight of what is really going on. My projection is Lamar Is a JAG in another 2-3 yrs but someone will claim he's salvable. Guys like Lamar rely too muck on athletic ability and not enough on the actual QB skills like, pocket presence, throwing accurately in pocket, reading a defense etc. I went in length on my old Phillies.com board on this explaining why guys like Jackson, CK, Vicks, etc only last so many years in the league. Wished they didn't delete he board because I would've copied and posted It on here at least for discussion purposes. I had a whole thing about colleges not teaching these guys appropriately to play the QB position and why college coaches don't teach the right fundamentals. However listening to Dan Orlovsky recently during a Florida game this year talk about QB evaluation gave me more to ad to this. So maybe during my vacation week next week I'll put a post here on that. 

I' actually interested in seeing what people agree and disagree with on it because Ive learned a lot more about the position overall since then 

• Smile
Reactions: Ash
Nick Sirianni says he “couldn’t have watched more tape” on Carson Wentz as he worked with Frank Reich in Indianapolis. Sirianni says it was a major part in how he and Reich installed the #Colts offense during his tenure there.

🤣 27 pages of offseason thread before the playoffs are even finished.  When do we hit 200?
Probably by the time the season starts.  With Djax needing to respond to every single post, he'll have 100 pages of content all to himself in no time.

PS.... Always throws me off when someone changes their profile picture, but it's a good fresh look haha.

Lotsa Stafford posts in here and people bashing the Rams.  It's hard to win a title in this league, If they want to go all in this year I don't blame them.  They won't find a QB or CB as good as Stafford or Ramsey in the late 20's picks probably ever.  They may suck in a few years, but NFL is a quick turnaround. 

So this is interesting...  Because we get NO cap savings if I recall by trading Wentz. How did we give him such a f'd up expensive contract?
Not true. We would get $852,925 in savings!! And $33,820,611 in dead cap.

And Goff signed his deal 3 months AFTER Wentz. Both teams did those deals with the intent of locking in a "franchise QB" for a reasonable price so they could build around him in the future, but only one of those teams gave themselves no palatable exit strategy, in case they needed it. Yet another example of how "Howie the cap genius" is a myth.

From what I recall you can cut Went next year without it being nearly as bad as this year. 
Partially true. As of now, none of his 2022 salary is guaranteed, so it looks good on paper. But if he's on the roster by the 3rd day of this 2021 league year, most of his 2022 $22MM base becomes guaranteed. So not trading him, or designating him a Post June 1 cut, in those first few days will add some more sunk costs.  

Lotsa Stafford posts in here and people bashing the Rams.  It's hard to win a title in this league, If they want to go all in this year I don't blame them.  They won't find a QB or CB as good as Stafford or Ramsey in the late 20's picks probably ever.  They may suck in a few years, but NFL is a quick turnaround. 
I think the bigger issue in LA is their GM just gives out HUGE awful trades and tries to get out of them within like a year or two. Goff, Cooks, Gurley and big deals to Ramsey and Donald too who are the moment seem worth it. 

Sirianni sounded much better on Angelo’s show this morning too. Regarding the QB he just fell back to saying it’s all a competition which is what he should be saying right now. 

Hayes is also a race bater. He's as bad as Jason Whitlock in that regard. The Inky is such a bad paper these days. I know people hate Stephane A Smith but it was great to read his articles daily even if he was an AI Apologist enabling his off the court behavior. may not have agree with him on a lot but it was always insightful read. I remember when Ashlely Fox and her college did the McNabb trade 5 part series and they reported word for word what @Deranged Hermit told us his buddy told him back then. That was pretty cool when I was telling all my friends yeah this article is word for word from some guy on a message board football site I read. 

When you still employ idiots like Hayes and McLane you know you are desperate. 
Heh, that's pretty cool. I don't think that I ever knew that. 

Heh, that's pretty cool. I don't think that I ever knew that. 
Yeah I felt like I was reading the board. I think it was Tim McManus when he wrote for the Inquire and Ashley Fox both of whom write for ESPN but Fox left in the last few yrs. Actually it looks like it was Mike Jensen who I don't know what he's doing now. I'll have to see if I can find the article later after work 

There have been 22 1st Rd QBs drafted from ‘09-‘16:

Goff, Wentz, Lynch, Winston, Mariota, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Manuel, Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden, Newton, Locker, Gabert, Ponder, Bradford, Tebow, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman

Only one remains on their drafted team.

Goff, Wentz, Lynch, Winston, Mariota, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Manuel, Luck, Griffin, Tannehill, Weeden, Newton, Locker, Gabert, Ponder, Bradford, Tebow, Stafford, Sanchez, Freeman

wow most of those guys arent even starters anymore

QB is still the biggest crapshoot. If it was drafted like a normal position most of those guys would never have been taken in the first. 

wow

From Geoff Mosher:

From what I’m hearing, #Eagles WR Aaron Morehead will keep his job on Nick Sirianni’s staff.

The #Eagles will finally have the same WRs coach for two straight years.

QB is still the biggest crapshoot. If it was drafted like a normal position most of those guys would never have been taken in the first. 
If there’s even one team that thinks a guy has starting potential, he gets pulled up to the 1st round.

If there’s even one team that thinks a guy has starting potential, he gets pulled up to the 1st round.
meh I dunno... I think lots of qb's going in the 2nd and 3rd round are seen as having "starting potential"

My early predraft prediction is the Eagles trade with the Pats, swap first Rd picks and the pats send Gilmore as well.  

More then a few of those guys never should've been taken in the first round either. 
It's hard to know though.  So many people love to act like they can draft better than anyone out there, but I really think there's only so much you can predict in the future of an athlete before they turn pro, and that amount is lower than people like to think.  So easy to say "Oh Jake Locker never should have been a first rounder" once he's failed and is out of the league... lots of picks are good at the time but turn out to be crappy.  No one is a perfect drafter.... apparently besides fans who criticize picks after they've failed.

It's hard to know though.  So many people love to act like they can draft better than anyone out there, but I really think there's only so much you can predict in the future of an athlete before they turn pro, and that amount is lower than people like to think.  So easy to say "Oh Jake Locker never should have been a first rounder" once he's failed and is out of the league... lots of picks are good at the time but turn out to be crappy.  No one is a perfect drafter.... apparently besides fans who criticize picks after they've failed.
I mean...  There's picks that bust out, but you get why they were drafted - and it sucks, but sure. Dillard, Agholor, Sidney Jones, etc..  They made sense, sometimes #### happens.

Then there's the JJ Arcega Whiteside and Shareef Miller and Pumphrey picks that EVERYONE knew would bust the second they were made. The Jalen Reager when everybody knew Jefferson was the better player.

I mean...  There's picks that bust out, but you get why they were drafted - and it sucks, but sure. Dillard, Agholor, Sidney Jones, etc..  They made sense, sometimes #### happens.

Then there's the JJ Arcega Whiteside and Shareef Miller and Pumphrey picks that EVERYONE knew would bust the second they were made. The Jalen Reager when everybody knew Jefferson was the better player.
Agree with everything here. Was mainly offering to the comment that lots of those qbs never should have been first rounders. I think based on scouting and what some of the smartest football minds in the world thought about them, they should have been 1st rounders. Many didn't work out. That's sports for you, hindsight is such an easy mask to hide behind. 

My early predraft prediction is the Eagles trade with the Pats, swap first Rd picks and the pats send Gilmore as well.  
####, no.  Let's not trade out of a pick where we can get a top tier player down into the teens where it's much tougher, in return for another 30 year old corner who'll have declined to mediocrity before this team recovers.

Nick Sirianni close to filling out main staff:

OC: Shane Steichen
DC: Jonathan Gannon
ST: Michael Clay
PC: Kevin Patullo
QB: Brian Johnson
OL: Jeff Stoutland
TE: Jason Michael
WR: Aaron Morehead
RB: ?
DL: Tracy Rocker
LB: Nick Rallis
DB: Dennard Wilson
DB: Jay Valai

Eagles add former Vikings assistant LB coach Nick Rallis as LB coach.

Only 27, he takes on youngest NFL assistants coach tag, formerly held by.... Eagles' QB coach Brian Johnson.

OC: Shane Steichen - 35
DC: Jonathan Gannon - 37
ST: Michael Clay - 29
PC: Kevin Patullo - 39
QB: Brian Johnson - 29
OL: Jeff Stoutland - 58
TE: Jason Michael - 42
WR: Aaron Morehead - 40
RB: ?
DL: Tracy Rocker - 54
LB: Nick Rallis - 27
DB: Dennard Wilson - 38
DB: Jay Valai - 33
Updated with ages. Some stats:

• Factor in Sirianni (39) and the average age of the coaching staff is 38
  • Average age of the "core" coaches this year (HC/OC/DC/ST): 35
  • Average age of "core" coaching staff last year: 48
  • Only the 49'ers had a "core" staff <40 last year (38), followed by Rams (41) and Titans (42)
  • Jason Peters is 39
  • Average age of the players on the opening day roster last year: 26 (14th oldest team, 19th youngest)
  • # of players on the roster today (not counting futures contracts) that are over 30: 14

@DJackson10 looks like your co-workers son is out.  Sucks, I know how that felt when my contact with the team got the boot from DL coach a couple years ago.

Looks like he just got signed as DB's coach for the Texans though.

This is a really interesting situation.  If money was available, they should be extending him this offseason, he's a FA after 2021.  There's still a couple of mental errors every game but he doesn't get physically beat very often.

This coming season he has to go from being "good, for a guy who's learning football", to just good.  I still think there's at least 10 worse starting LTs in the league.

I agree but just based on seeing the trends and such you can tell which QBs could succeed and which won't. More athletic QB's known for their legs like Lamar, The Kaep's, the Vicks, etc need to go to teams that are looking to have a 5 year stretch of success who have a good run game and good defense already in place. You can't be having these guys go to the Jets and Jags of the League to be franchise QBs. It's why I thought at the time Lamar was drafted in a perfect spot in Baltimore. however many fans and critics seem to think these guys are long term guys when hey aren't. There's also other things I think teams and scouts for whatever reason don't look at that are just as important and its why they end up failing at that pick 

@DJackson10 looks like your co-workers son is out.  Sucks, I know how that felt when my contact with the team got the boot from DL coach a couple years ago.

Looks like he just got signed as DB's coach for the Texans though.
Yeah I kinda knew he was leaving but there was a possibility he could've stayed too. It's a promotion for him though and the dude is gonna be a DC in no time in this league. Just IMHO a bad place to end up in HOU because I see that coaching staff with the current situation getting dismantled in like 2-3 yrs. However Houston as a city from what I was told is really good. He just had a baby too. My one coworker was wondering if his mom would move to HOUSTON now that she just retired 

I still currently have my other contact though I don't see him as often. 

Users who are viewing this thread