Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Bad day to be a Brandon, good day to be Bart Scott’s eyebrow.

Just now, Snotbubbles said:

Agree with this, not mad, but...  I would have liked to let Dallas take whomever, hope NY takes Smith and then trade down like the Giants just did for another 1st.  4 firsts next year would have been nice.    

I agree. Would have loved a haul like that for pick 12....and Fields would have still been there

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

Think Jackson from 10 years ago, not the waste of a roster spot the last few seasons. 

Yeah right. Not fair to compare him to an old Jackson. Remember the young one?  Let’s hope for something more like that.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, renesauz said:

I agree. Would have loved a haul like that for pick 12....and Fields would have still been there

but the drop from smith to who we get at pick 20 could be significant.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Noid said:

Good luck, gents. Can't wait for every single one of these to be wrong!

:bowtie:

Will come down to last pick name tie breaker among Lehigh98, Ash, and SayWhat?, who all got Devonta correct. 

If Smith is Smith...then he'll be an elite playmaker.

Hurts will have a year to play with some talent...you hope Reagor and Goddard take another step.  If they struggle this upcoming year; then the problem will more than likely be Hurts.   If Hurts is bad...they'll get a high pick...and they'll have that and the IND and MIA pick to get a QB.

They're better then they were this morning for this season...and they're in an excellent position regardless of how they do this year for this night next year.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deamon said:

but the drop from smith to who we get at pick 20 could be significant.

But it’s not like we’re a Smith away from winning. I mean, he better be good. But they just need solid pieces across the board. 3 (4) 1st rounders would have been huge. Lot of draft capital to trade up next year. 

Edited by sporthenry

1 minute ago, need2know said:

Cowboys still got their guy

Yep.  Free 3rd rounder for them, and all they really did was let Philly get Smith instead of the Giants.  So no real difference for them.

• Like 1

So who's are day 2 targets?   Keep the bama drafting going.   Dylan Moses?   Landon Dickerson?

Guess we need cb really badly though.....

Just now, Deamon said:

Yep.  Free 3rd rounder for them, and all they really did was let Philly get Smith instead of the Giants.  So no real difference for them.

Kind of smart maneuvering for all 3 teams. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Deamon said:

It did.  But also for us.  Can't believe we traded with them.   Helped us both

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Would you guys have moved back with the Bears all the way to 20 if we had the shot?

for that haul? HECK YEAH!

Just now, need2know said:

So who's are day 2 targets?   Keep the bama drafting going.   Dylan Moses?   Landon Dickerson?

there are some real good one's out there. Asaunte Samuel Jr. is intriguing

3 minutes ago, Deamon said:

Would you guys have moved back with the Bears all the way to 20 if we had the shot?

No, mainly because we already did the MIA trade to gain a 1. If we hadn’t already done that, and got that offer while at 12, maybe.

We’ll see who is in the board at 20 soon, which might make it even more clear.  

• Like 2

Thought on Davis MIlls? Waldman has him in his top tier.....Wilson in his second tier.

Where might he be available?

No....I am NOT sold on our current QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, need2know said:

Don’t discount us getting back into the end of the 1st round tonight...

1 minute ago, renesauz said:

Thought on Davis MIlls? Waldman has him in his top tier.....Wilson in his second tier.

At this point I'd rather wait until next year to get our QB.  I'm over day 2 QB's.

1 minute ago, renesauz said:

What’s the point? Unless you are that sold on Mills? Just create more controversy. They ain’t winning the super bowl next year. Give hurts a fair shake. If he sucks, we are either drafting top 5 or trading the house for a QB. Why I wouldn’t mind stockpiling firsts next year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Yeah if they’re both there you have the potential to really fleece a team. I know we need stars and starters but this would make me think really hard

Howie had the chance

1 minute ago, sporthenry said:

What’s the point? Unless you are that sold on Mills? Just create more controversy. They ain’t winning the super bowl next year. Give hurts a fair shake. If he sucks, we are either drafting top 5 or trading the house for a QB. Why I wouldn’t mind stockpiling firsts next year. 

Not that sold on Mills...that much NOT sold on Hurts. 

5 minutes ago, renesauz said:

Trask

Edited by need2know

4 minutes ago, renesauz said:

Not that sold on Mills...that much NOT sold on Hurts. 

I agree. But this roster is in shambles as well. We can rebuild this roster and either QB is there now or we hopefully get him in the next year or two. 

3 minutes ago, sporthenry said:

Giants fleeced Bears relative to what Vikings got from Jets

Jets only wanted a guard. They didn't need to move. Bears were desperate and stupid.

• Like 4

-  WR in back-back 1st rounds
- Traded up, with Justin Fields on the board, to take a former teammate to Jalen Hurts
- Brought in Hurts' old coach
- Used the 3rd round pick in Wentz trade to move up.

Howie is locked in on Hurts.

:(

• Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, Deamon said:

-  WR in back-back 1st rounds
- Traded up, with Justin Fields on the board, to take a former teammate to Jalen Hurts
- Brought in Hurts' old coach
- Used the 3rd round pick in Wentz trade to move up.

Howie is locked in on Hurts.

:(

We'll hold.on now. We did bring in Flacco...😐

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

If Fields is there....do they go FIelds?

According to a lot of people despite the biggest potential he has a huge bust alert on him. Wouldn't be surprised if Jones, Wilson, Lance and maybe one of the 2nd rounders are better

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, The Noid said:

No, mainly because we already did the MIA trade to gain a 1. If we hadn’t already done that, and got that offer while at 12, maybe.

We’ll see who is in the board at 20 soon, which might make it even more clear.  

We could have had Paye at pick 20.  Weird he's sliding.

Just now, Insein said:

Giants take a WR at #20. They were definitely going fo Smith.

I hope we have some shifty CBs. Toney is a joystick dream. I really hate the Giants taking him here. Now I got to tell my one Giants fan FE manager his guys made a good pick :wall:

1 minute ago, The Noid said:

Howie doing Zoom call in a few, which probably means not doing anything else tonight. 

And Kwity Paye going to Colts probably was what ended our night. They may have been monitoring how far he was dropping. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I hope we have some shifty CBs. Toney is a joystick dream. I really hate the Giants taking him here. Now I got to tell my one Giants fan FE manager his guys made a good pick :wall:

A borderline first round talent at 20 isn’t good value. Won’t matter much if he hits but not like a top 10 talent falling to them. 

Edited by sporthenry
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Terrible value there. He's one of five or six similar in quality WR prospects....the deepest position in this draft. No reason to spend a 1 on him....and I'm not hating on the player. In another year #20 might make sense

Edited by renesauz

5 minutes ago, renesauz said:

Terrible value there. He's one of five or six similar in quality WR prospects....the deepest position in this draft. No reason to spend a 1 on him....and I'm not hating on the player. In another year #20 might make sense

Shocked they didn't take Paye.  They were mocked Paye at 11 quite a bit, and could have had him at 20 while gathering all those extra picks.  Then he goes one pick after.  Odd.

53 minutes ago, need2know said:

Asante Samuel Jr, Kyle Trask, Jevonta Williams, Kylian Hill, Terrence Marshall Tute Atwell, Tamorrion Terry, Gregory Rousseau, Carlos Basham, Jamin Davis, Jabril Cox (Probably best OLB in draft if he went to D1 school all 4 yrs), Eric Stokes, Trevon Moehring if he's not selected in 1st),  Talanoa Hufanga, and Hamsah Nasirildeen who I did a write up for on last years thread as someone to watch before he hurt himself. Would probably be a top day 2 safety who can play nickel LB and Slot if he hadn't torn his ACL late the year before 

• Like 1

• The Noid changed the title to ***Official 2021 Philadelphia Eagles Thread*** - Forget Gamestop and AMC, get your Jalen Hurts stonk now. Jersey sales up 500%!
  • Joe Bryant changed the title to 2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Bad day to be a Brandon, good day to be Bart Scott’s eyebrow.