What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (5 Viewers)

In 2019 Wentz was 9th in QBR under pressure. This year was just really bad all around.
I worded it poorly, I was thinking more in terms of instead of being the guy that steps up and goes down guns blazing like before the injury it’s seems the Foles shadow is in his head and while you can’t blame him for injuries it just seems like he’s that guy that there’s always something now.  Instead of stepping up and winning in big games he’s the guy that gets concussed and is on the sidelines or holding the ball too long seeing ghosts. I like to think he can shake it but the way he can’t own it getting benched for sucking is another step away from that guy 3 years ago that seemed like a killer. 

Unfortunately there are much worse options out there, until you have an improvement in place I’m not rushing to move him yet. 
Don’t disagree. At all. But if he’s oblivious, sensitive and stubborn we know what’s necessary. Gone are the days where an elite NFL athlete is forced to play in a place where he’s unhappy and wants out 

Don’t disagree. At all. But if he’s oblivious, sensitive and stubborn we know what’s necessary. Gone are the days where an elite NFL athlete is forced to play in a place where he’s unhappy and wants out 
I just think this year the cap hit is so significant, give him a chance to fight for it. If he still shows no fight it’s easier to part ways after this season. Unless we get a great offer, which I doubt. I’m just far from sold on Hurts. 

I just think this year the cap hit is so significant, give him a chance to fight for it. If he still shows no fight it’s easier to part ways after this season. Unless we get a great offer, which I doubt. I’m just far from sold on Hurts. 
Justifiably so. But don’t discount Hurts’ willingness to work and improve and how the team responds to him as opposed to Wentz. 

Justifiably so. But don’t discount Hurts’ willingness to work and improve and how the team responds to him as opposed to Wentz. 
That’s what’s interesting about Hurts, while he’s never seemed like a future NFL stud he has always won games. How much of that is him and being a good leader vs being on absolutely loaded rosters?

That’s what’s interesting about Hurts, while he’s never seemed like a future NFL stud he has always won games. How much of that is him and being a good leader vs being on absolutely loaded rosters?
He went from being a horrible D1 major college throwing QB, perhaps the worst I’ve ever seen, then benched, then responded to win the CFP for a team that benched him. Adversity??

Then he transfers to OK and becomes a 70% passer. Dude faced adversity and fought it. Unlike baby Wentz

He went from being a horrible D1 major college throwing QB, perhaps the worst I’ve ever seen, then benched, then responded to win the CFP for a team that benched him. Adversity??

Then he transfers to OK and becomes a 70% passer. Dude faced adversity and fought it. Unlike baby Wentz
I truly can’t tell if you’re just trolling or maybe you don’t know what adversity means?

A 4* recruit going to one of the best colleges in the country, starting as a true freshman only to leave after being benched a few years later is NOT responding to adversity. It’s literally the  EXACT issue you’re having with Wentz right now :lmao:   And what small college did Hurts head off to after Alabama? Lol

Wentz was not ranked as a prospect, sat and worked up to being a starter in college and won a lot at his level once he got the reins.  Than started as a rookie from ND state and had great years.  He’s literally been dealing with adversity and overcoming it since High School

But hey, you keep doing your best 94.1 impersonation. “We got Jetmax from Germantown on line 1 and he’s fired up” 

yeah schefter said he wants to be traded and philly is looking for a 1.  
Scheftar speculated that. Rob Maddi had more today saying Carson not saying anything could mean a few things. Reported a month ago Carson could take some time to think. A lot still needs to happen. If Wentz and the org agree to the same plan of action or not among other things. A lot of stuff to still work out. Garofalo said Eagles are listening but fully intend to keep Carson for 2021. 

Think that trade is hard to equate to what a Wentz one would be because of the involvement of Goff. No way to tell how much of the #1's the Rams included had to do with the price of Stafford vs. price of getting the Lions to take Goff. 
I read from Ian or someone other teams offered more picks for Stafford but the Lions really liked Goff 

Unfortunately there are much worse options out there, until you have an improvement in place I’m not rushing to move him yet. 
Yeah if Hurts was a better overall talent and not some Project later round pick we took in the 2nd round and overdrafted, plus performed way better I might be on board trading Wentz. However at this point I'll take a 50% good Wentz over 100% Hurts. 

I truly can’t tell if you’re just trolling or maybe you don’t know what adversity means?

A 4* recruit going to one of the best colleges in the country, starting as a true freshman only to leave after being benched a few years later is NOT responding to adversity. It’s literally the  EXACT issue you’re having with Wentz right now :lmao:   And what small college did Hurts head off to after Alabama? Lol

Wentz was not ranked as a prospect, sat and worked up to being a starter in college and won a lot at his level once he got the reins.  Than started as a rookie from ND state and had great years.  He’s literally been dealing with adversity and overcoming it since High School

But hey, you keep doing your best 94.1 impersonation. “We got Jetmax from Germantown on line 1 and he’s fired up” 
Who’s trolling whom? 

Don't think anyone who knows enough football (Not the fans who want Wentz traded because Hurts made the team more "fun") is sold on Hurts. From all the reports the team WANTS WENTZ BACK FOR '21. There are no reports saying otherwise. And like I reported from the two sources there is still A LOT OF PEOPLE NOT SOLD ON HURTS. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ash

He played in a conference that doesn't even give a dam about defense. My Out of shape cousin in his late 30s could complete 70% in Big 12. He was literally benched at a better school for a better QB. Yes he won the title but numerous people said Hurts held the Bama offense back and when Tua came in the offense flowed much better. 

Don't forget he was running a pro style hybrid offense in college and calling plays at the Line. Something many D1 kids including Hurts weren't doing and stuff scouts hadn't seen since Manning at Tenn. 

Hurts ran away from adversity after being benched changed schools. Went to a pretty big program in a conference that apparently is allergic to Defense. Before that our QB coach was at Miss St where Johnson Worked with Dak Prescott (A similar style QB to Hurts) and tried to recruit Hurts to Miss St. Hurts could've gone in there day 1 and proved that he could lead team and maybe try and live up to and beyond what Dak did there. Instead he basically went the Kevin Durant route and chose the easy way and joined a talented roster already who won a few titles. To put this in perspective Hurts I saw a quote today said "he couldn't wait to finally play for and be coached by Johnson." Really you had a chance too in college but chose to go to another school despite the fact Coach Johnson's team had no one to compete against at QB. 

Hurts ran away from adversity after being benched changed schools.
This is why he has to be trolling. Everyone knows this. He’s literally bashing Wentz for something Hurts has already done YEARS ago but cited completion % as a way of handling adversity?

The major difference is Wentz isn’t asking for a trade because he lost his job. That’s what Hurts did. He was afraid of the competition, because he was used to being a starter, and left so he wouldn’t have competition. 

The team wants Wentz back. 
And the Texans want Watson back. But the reality is that a "name" player that doesn't want to be there is going to get their way no matter how bad the team wants them to stay.

The Eagles can posture all they want that they won't move him unless they get what he's worth, and the fans can convince themselves that it's just as easy as "if we don't get a good offer we just keep him another year" but the player holds all the cards in this situation. 

These are the combinations between a player wanting to be there (Yes or No) and the team wanting them to be there (Yes or No):

1. Team Y, Player Y: All good, no drama 
  2. Team N, Player N: All good, no drama 
  3. Team N, Player Y: Mostly good, little drama (think Jenkins last season)
  4. Team Y, Player N: Big drama
We are clearly in #4 with a 96% chance it moves to #2 and 4% chance it moves to #1, but neither of those can be forced by one side or the other (e.g. keeping him because we can't get a good offer doesn't magically mean we're in #1).

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" is the situation. They can keep Wentz and lead him to training camp but they can't make him compete. He clearly doesn't believe he should have to compete and probably also thinks he wouldn't get a fair evaluation or would be held to a higher standard than Hurts (which is ironic because the reason they might hold him to a higher standard is because they expect him to be as good as he thinks he is.) His unhappiness with the situation is going to impact the team during the time a new coaching staff is trying to come in and establish a culture and it will create distractions. Even though Wentz hasn't spoken there are clearly outlets he (or his camp) is using and they will get amplified the longer he's in a situation he doesn't want to be in.  

Bottom line: he gone. 

And the Texans want Watson back. But the reality is that a "name" player that doesn't want to be there is going to get their way no matter how bad the team wants them to stay.

The Eagles can posture all they want that they won't move him unless they get what he's worth, and the fans can convince themselves that it's just as easy as "if we don't get a good offer we just keep him another year" but the player holds all the cards in this situation. 

These are the combinations between a player wanting to be there (Yes or No) and the team wanting them to be there (Yes or No):

1. Team Y, Player Y: All good, no drama 
  2. Team N, Player N: All good, no drama 
  3. Team N, Player Y: Mostly good, little drama (think Jenkins last season)
  4. Team Y, Player N: Big drama
We are clearly in #4 with a 96% chance it moves to #2 and 4% chance it moves to #1, but neither of those can be forced by one side or the other (e.g. keeping him because we can't get a good offer doesn't magically mean we're in #1).

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" is the situation. They can keep Wentz and lead him to training camp but they can't make him compete. He clearly doesn't believe he should have to compete and probably also thinks he wouldn't get a fair evaluation or would be held to a higher standard than Hurts (which is ironic because the reason they might hold him to a higher standard is because they expect him to be as good as he thinks he is.) His unhappiness with the situation is going to impact the team during the time a new coaching staff is trying to come in and establish a culture and it will create distractions. Even though Wentz hasn't spoken there are clearly outlets he (or his camp) is using and they will get amplified the longer he's in a situation he doesn't want to be in.  

Bottom line: he gone. 
I agree and mentioned it above as well. There’s too much smoke for this to not happen

Not so sure about this. He handled it fine in college including some impressive comebacks in championship games.

Something happened...the whole thing is just bizarre
It’s not bizarre at all. I’ve mentioned it quite a few times in the other thread. You will struggle to find a franchise QB handled more poorly than what we did with Wentz. 

It all started from the VERY beginning too. He’s a back up all summer and we deal Bradford a week before the season and make him the starter. Who does that?

By all accounts he had a solid rookie season and in 2017 he was playing at an MVP level. 

Foles takes over and we win the Super Bowl. We than proceed to build a statue for Foles, media, radio and everyone starts the “we need to keep Foles and move Wentz” after we decide to keep Foles heading into ‘18. You can’t have a 3rd year QB playing in the shadow of your back up to open ‘18. Who does that?

2019 starts off and after going 3-3 reports start to surface of an anonymous source criticizing Went and the offense. By all accounts it’s Jeffery, more on this later. We are 5-7 heading into January and win out. How did the guy who can’t handle adversity do? See for yourself. Than the cheap hit and concussion in a playoff game. 

Now at this stage, you have a 27 year old QB WHO’S DONE THIS. Please read that if you read nothing else posted

How does our front office respond? Remember that guy who was allegedly the anonymous source? WE KEEP HIM. Ah, he makes too much money so we can’t cut him, but we’re not done yet! We literally draft a QB in the second round. WHO DOES THAT?! We have all been watching this sport for a long, long time. If the Cowboys gave Dak 100+ million, after he lead them to the playoffs and than drafted a QB in the second round we would laugh hysterically!!! Why? Because we are smart enough to understand the politics of football, especially when it comes to the QB position. The Cardinals drafted Josh Rosen with the 10th pick and a year later were going to take another QB. Surly they were in a good situation to start a QB factory with two top 10 QB’s in consecutive years but for some strange reason they dealt Rosen to welcome an unproven rookie. Strange. Murray probably told them he was afraid of the competition.

At the time I didn’t see it but with hindsight this is where I now believe the fracture/break started. Wentz in 2020 resented Doug, Howie and whoever else above him. He didn’t care. This is why I believe you hear rumors like “Wentz checked out of Doug’s calls a lot” or that he’s “stubborn”. This is why I believe Wentz “just looked different”. Wentz is basically saying now “you have your QB in Hurts, I want out”. 

Even using Hurts in the stupid packages and not deactivating him. Doug names Sudfield the back up and changes it a week later. Now at the end of every game is questions about what?

Our GM publicity said he wanted a QB factory

Doug going for 2 in games down 4. Punting out of anger etc etc 

Everyone knows we need weapons and we pass on super stars constantly. And not the Diamond in the rough types, we pass on the ones millions of people know we need and will be good. 

The list is just so damn long. It’s crazy

Like I said, you can’t handle a franchise QB much worse than what we did here. We can make him the scapegoat like we did with Jackson and others we boot out but this is so obvious why Wentz is pissed. 

Sorry for the long post

Man, at this point with all of this unneccessary drama i just want the Eagles to move on from Wentz. I don't care how he does and succeeds somewhere else, dude is just way too egocentric and at this point is just a pain and needs to go fast. Love how Hurts has said (i know it is a business and i would love to compete and fight for the job) vs. Wentz who seems to be sending out rumours under "anonymous" in the media and not speaking up at all with what he actually thinks. 

Just seems like an entitled kid who has not grown up at all. hate to make these assumptions but it really seems over and over that this is the case

Man, at this point with all of this unneccessary drama i just want the Eagles to move on from Reid.
Made one small change in your quote. You see how interchangeable this is? Now why don’t we or the media learn from all of this? Andy Reid made an OL coach a DC so he could get the hell out of here. Now we have a franchise QB trying to force his way out. If we don’t win that super bowl that is one of the most monumental errors in the game 

Why do we care that Hurts says the right things? So did Tim Tebow. At the end of the day you have to win. If you don’t no one gives a #### what you’re saying. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Made one small change in your quote. You see how interchangeable this is? Now why don’t we or the media learn from all of this? Andy Reid made an OL coach a DC so he could get the hell out of here. Now we have a franchise QB trying to force his way out. If we don’t win that super bowl that is one of the most monumental errors in the game 

Why do we care that Hurts says the right things? So did Tim Tebow. At the end of the day you have to win. If you don’t no one gives a #### what you’re saying. 
Reid proved he was a good coach over many years. Wentz gave us 1 great year, 2 mediocre years, and 1 horrendous year where he was pretty much the worst in the league.

For Hurts, let him try. do we trust Howie to make the call at a QB that high again? I don't care a ton about if Hurts is QB or not next year, i just think they need to move on from Wentz asap. 

And yes we all would love to see Howie move on too, but he won't be. if we can't deal with it we need to be a fan of another team. I would love to see Howie have to be moved too, but not sure if there is a better GM out there to bring in. 

Reid proved he was a good coach over many years. Wentz gave us 1 great year, 2 mediocre years, and 1 horrendous year where he was pretty much the worst in the league.

For Hurts, let him try. do we trust Howie to make the call at a QB that high again? I don't care a ton about if Hurts is QB or not next year, i just think they need to move on from Wentz asap. 

And yes we all would love to see Howie move on too, but he won't be. if we can't deal with it we need to be a fan of another team. I would love to see Howie have to be moved too, but not sure if there is a better GM out there to bring in. 
Our definitions of mediocre are why a majority of fans will always suck. See the above post of mine and the hyperlink that’s says “WHO’S DONE THIS”. Is that average to you? Sure he’s not perfect but up until that point calling him mediocre is absolutely ridiculous 

“Let’s him try”....this ain’t Little League baseball. The same GM who gave a ton of assets and money to get the QB you hate picked this one. 

Do the people bashing Hurts in here for transferring feel the same way about Joe Burrow?  I don't think Hurts is going to be a great NFL QB but I think some of the criticism is unfair to the kid.  He's not the only player to ever transfer. :shrug:

Per Les Bowen:

I've talked to an NFL source, not w/the Eagles, who hears a Wentz trade is close. That isn't first-hand information. I do feel that the longer we go without Wentz saying something like "I'm happy to be an Eagle and excited about playing for Nick Sirianni," the closer we get...

Do the people bashing Hurts in here for transferring feel the same way about Joe Burrow?  I don't think Hurts is going to be a great NFL QB but I think some of the criticism is unfair to the kid.  He's not the only player to ever transfer. :shrug:
I agree, thats a dumb criticism...transferring schools so you can start is pretty normal. Ultimately, you want to get drafted and have a career in the NFL, and that wont happen. It's not remotely the same thing as being unwilling to compete for your job after having the year Wentz had.

Now, if the Eagles had said at the start of this past season it would be a competition? Different story, and Wentz would have been right to not like that. And yes, drafting Hurts in the second was a bad move. But after the year Wentz had?  Man just say you're looking forward to the opportunity to prove your worth, blah blah...  You'd be the 130 million dollar QB, if its even close youd get the job,

I don't see anyone bashing him for transferring?  I think they just said it wasn't really "facing adversity" by definition.

I agree and mentioned it above as well. There’s too much smoke for this to not happen

It’s not bizarre at all. I’ve mentioned it quite a few times in the other thread. You will struggle to find a franchise QB handled more poorly than what we did with Wentz. 

It all started from the VERY beginning too. He’s a back up all summer and we deal Bradford a week before the season and make him the starter. Who does that?

By all accounts he had a solid rookie season and in 2017 he was playing at an MVP level. 

Foles takes over and we win the Super Bowl. We than proceed to build a statue for Foles, media, radio and everyone starts the “we need to keep Foles and move Wentz” after we decide to keep Foles heading into ‘18. You can’t have a 3rd year QB playing in the shadow of your back up to open ‘18. Who does that?

2019 starts off and after going 3-3 reports start to surface of an anonymous source criticizing Went and the offense. By all accounts it’s Jeffery, more on this later. We are 5-7 heading into January and win out. How did the guy who can’t handle adversity do? See for yourself. Than the cheap hit and concussion in a playoff game. 

Now at this stage, you have a 27 year old QB WHO’S DONE THIS. Please read that if you read nothing else posted

How does our front office respond? Remember that guy who was allegedly the anonymous source? WE KEEP HIM. Ah, he makes too much money so we can’t cut him, but we’re not done yet! We literally draft a QB in the second round. WHO DOES THAT?! We have all been watching this sport for a long, long time. If the Cowboys gave Dak 100+ million, after he lead them to the playoffs and than drafted a QB in the second round we would laugh hysterically!!! Why? Because we are smart enough to understand the politics of football, especially when it comes to the QB position. The Cardinals drafted Josh Rosen with the 10th pick and a year later were going to take another QB. Surly they were in a good situation to start a QB factory with two top 10 QB’s in consecutive years but for some strange reason they dealt Rosen to welcome an unproven rookie. Strange. Murray probably told them he was afraid of the competition.

At the time I didn’t see it but with hindsight this is where I now believe the fracture/break started. Wentz in 2020 resented Doug, Howie and whoever else above him. He didn’t care. This is why I believe you hear rumors like “Wentz checked out of Doug’s calls a lot” or that he’s “stubborn”. This is why I believe Wentz “just looked different”. Wentz is basically saying now “you have your QB in Hurts, I want out”. 

Even using Hurts in the stupid packages and not deactivating him. Doug names Sudfield the back up and changes it a week later. Now at the end of every game is questions about what?

Our GM publicity said he wanted a QB factory

Doug going for 2 in games down 4. Punting out of anger etc etc 

Everyone knows we need weapons and we pass on super stars constantly. And not the Diamond in the rough types, we pass on the ones millions of people know we need and will be good. 

The list is just so damn long. It’s crazy

Like I said, you can’t handle a franchise QB much worse than what we did here. We can make him the scapegoat like we did with Jackson and others we boot out but this is so obvious why Wentz is pissed. 

Sorry for the long post
 I don't think anyone here, especially at the time, thought drafted a QB in the second was a good move.

That said - you can't blame that on his poor play in 2020. And you can't blame how they handled Nick Foles on any of it - if he was upset about that, he shouldn't have signed an extension. He extended in 2019 - well after anything with Foles happened. Drafting Hurts? Sure. But that's it. Foles was gone. Alshon had already been extended. Dude chose to extend anyway - so all of that he gets no pass for.

I don't think anyone here, especially at the time, thought drafted a QB in the second was a good move.

That said - you can't blame that on his poor play in 2020. And you can't blame how they handled Nick Foles on any of it - if he was upset about that, he shouldn't have signed an extension. He extended in 2019 - well after anything with Foles happened. Drafting Hurts? Sure. But that's it. Foles was gone. Alshon had already been extended. Dude chose to extend anyway - so all of that he gets no pass for.
So he should have turned down all that money in 2019? It’s rhetorical, no one would have. For a recent example see Deshaun Watson and there’s tons more who took the money and wanted out shortly thereafter. 

Taking the money doesn’t mean the handling of him wasn’t awful. These are not mutually exclusive. 

Our front office/Doug has zero awareness when it comes to the politics of an NFL locker room. Zero. None. It’s embarrassingly bad. 

So he should have turned down all that money in 2019? It’s rhetorical, no one would have. For a recent example see Deshaun Watson and there’s tons more who took the money and wanted out shortly thereafter. 

Taking the money doesn’t mean the handling of him wasn’t awful. These are not mutually exclusive. 

Our front office/Doug has zero awareness when it comes to the politics of an NFL locker room. Zero. None. It’s embarrassingly bad. 
If Watson was #####ing about things that happened before his time, I would tend to agree that yes, he shouldn't have extended. Yea, sorry, I mean I get holding out in the last year or two or whatever. But for crying out loud, Wentz (and Watson) hasn't even STARTED on his extension yet. Yea, you want the cash. It's not free money. It's cash to play for a specific team. If you want flexibility to leave in a year, then sign a contract without guaranteed money, so the team can trade you if you want. He signed the contract, and he signed one that means there is no chance the Eagles can cut him.

I don't see anyone bashing him for transferring?  I think they just said it wasn't really "facing adversity" by definition.
how was transferring not facing adversity?  he got demoted at Bama and was still able to come back in as a backup and win big games.

He knew that Tua was going to start and had the opportunity to go to a premier program.  That was obviously better for his potential pro career.  It's not like he left Alabama to do nothing.

We aren't bashing Hurts we are just showing how hypocritical those who want Wentz gone aren't saying it about Hurts and defending him for it. The only thing we are bashing Hurts on is we just don't feel he's a great player. I think he's another JAG QB who had monumental success based on talent around him and scheme. Scouts still weren't high on him after the year at OU and before transferring there were scouts speculating Hurts should change positions 

If Watson was #####ing about things that happened before his time, I would tend to agree that yes, he shouldn't have extended. Yea, sorry, I mean I get holding out in the last year or two or whatever. But for crying out loud, Wentz (and Watson) hasn't even STARTED on his extension yet. Yea, you want the cash. It's not free money. It's cash to play for a specific team. If you want flexibility to leave in a year, then sign a contract without guaranteed money, so the team can trade you if you want. He signed the contract, and he signed one that means there is no chance the Eagles can cut him.
From what I've gather Watson extended on the behalf that HOU promised him some say in decisions going forward which is pretty normal in sports like Soccer and Basketball Depending on player Baseball. Football it happens constantly. Brady complaint about the Pats drafting Jimmy G so Kraft telling Bill he had to trade Jimmy. Peyton has had saying. Rodgers etc. Hou then goes out of their way to trade Hopkins and Watson doesn't find out until the trade is announced. This year they go through the GM search he put some names down and announced the GM. Watson asked if he could be part of the process of interviewing them and be able to give an opinion which apparently the Texans originally agreed too. I wouldn't be happy either. 

Lets bring this to another example already used Scott Rolen. I knew Rolen's personal trainer thanks to a neighbor and did PT at the same place his trainer was. This was shortly after ROlen was traded. The trainer told me when he won ROTY the Team refused to fly in Rolen's family on their dime which is what teams usually do for his debut as well as receiving the award. Rolen paid their way for tickets transportation too and from the game, hotel, and round trip flight. All things a team pays for. Rolen and Curt Schilling were both promised by Management they would go out and sign Manny Ramirez when he was an FA in 2000 for the 01 season. They were also promised key changes to the team and more spending. That never happened. Both guys were eventually traded from the team and left on bad terms. Had they both resigned and the Phillies kept lying to them we'd be having a Watson situation here. A lot of fans who didn't get it were PO'd at Rolen calling him soft and couldn't handle adversity (Hey sounds familiar now right?), but the fact of the matter was Rolen left because he didn't trust the organization. That all sent off a bunch of things later on that eventually got the Phillies Asses in gear and made them go out and spend. 

It sucks to lose Wentz. I really thought we had our guy.

Scary thought is Wentz goes to Dallas and kicks our ### for the next 10 years.

how was transferring not facing adversity?  he got demoted at Bama and was still able to come back in as a backup and win big games.

He knew that Tua was going to start and had the opportunity to go to a premier program.  That was obviously better for his potential pro career.  It's not like he left Alabama to do nothing.
He won games as a back up like most do at programs like his. 

Why didn’t he just beat Tua out instead of running away to a place where he had no competition? 

Im obviously not being serious. He did what was best for him but for some reason my radio or people like Jetmaxx never seem to bring this up. In their eyes it’s something to be proud of, but that Wentz guy is fragile for doing it. I imagine these are the same types who loved Utley but hated Howard or Rollins during their peaks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We aren't bashing Hurts we are just showing how hypocritical those who want Wentz gone aren't saying it about Hurts and defending him for it. The only thing we are bashing Hurts on is we just don't feel he's a great player. I think he's another JAG QB who had monumental success based on talent around him and scheme. Scouts still weren't high on him after the year at OU and before transferring there were scouts speculating Hurts should change positions 
You are the one that said your out of shape cousin could do what he did in college.  I just don't think that's true and it's unfair to Hurts.  

He won games as a back up like most do at programs like his. 

Why didn’t he just beat Tua out instead of running away to a place where he had no competition? 

Im obviously not being serious. He did what was best for him but for some reason my radio or people like Jetmaxx never seem to bring this up. In their eyes it’s something to be proud of, but that Wentz guy is fragile for doing it. I imagine these are the same types who loved Utley but hated Howard or Rollins during their peaks. 
The issue I had with Utley was when he did terrible but you could never say anything bad about him. But God forbid JRoll or Howard went 0 for the critics were out in force. The ironic thing is I've met all 3. JRoll came to my school for some assemble. Ryan Howard (not sure if he still goes there) but use to live up in Blue Bell PA and went to the same church as My grandparents.Met him and his wife who's a former Eagles Cheerleader. All 3 really nice people. met Utley and he came off as an absolute d*ck and I've heard the same from others. It's just funny who fans will and won't defend in this city at times. 

Funny how people always use the same terminology though for their hate. Too soft to be here, can't handle adversity, etc. Now in some case like Bradford that is really warranted but often times it really isn't. Seems like a scape goat and cop out to debate the reasons you truly dislike the athlete. 

Hey at least Jett didn't bring up that Hurts should stay because he made watching the team FUN AGAIN. I just laugh at all the people on radio or social media who bring that up. 

You are the one that said your out of shape cousin could do what he did in college.  I just don't think that's true and it's unfair to Hurts.  
I meant in the conference he was in. I've always been bashing the Big 12 for how terrible their defenses and schemes are. I'm just pointing out people need to stop using video game offensive stats when talking about how good college players in that conference are. Some are very good but a lot are a product of the competition they play against. 

That should be a fireable offense and I doubt Lurie would approve a trade to Dallas unless Dallas is giving us the Ricky Williams draft day Package for it

From what I've gather Watson extended on the behalf that HOU promised him some say in decisions going forward which is pretty normal in sports like Soccer and Basketball Depending on player Baseball. Football it happens constantly. Brady complaint about the Pats drafting Jimmy G so Kraft telling Bill he had to trade Jimmy. Peyton has had saying. Rodgers etc. Hou then goes out of their way to trade Hopkins and Watson doesn't find out until the trade is announced. This year they go through the GM search he put some names down and announced the GM. Watson asked if he could be part of the process of interviewing them and be able to give an opinion which apparently the Texans originally agreed too. I wouldn't be happy either. 

Lets bring this to another example already used Scott Rolen. I knew Rolen's personal trainer thanks to a neighbor and did PT at the same place his trainer was. This was shortly after ROlen was traded. The trainer told me when he won ROTY the Team refused to fly in Rolen's family on their dime which is what teams usually do for his debut as well as receiving the award. Rolen paid their way for tickets transportation too and from the game, hotel, and round trip flight. All things a team pays for. Rolen and Curt Schilling were both promised by Management they would go out and sign Manny Ramirez when he was an FA in 2000 for the 01 season. They were also promised key changes to the team and more spending. That never happened. Both guys were eventually traded from the team and left on bad terms. Had they both resigned and the Phillies kept lying to them we'd be having a Watson situation here. A lot of fans who didn't get it were PO'd at Rolen calling him soft and couldn't handle adversity (Hey sounds familiar now right?), but the fact of the matter was Rolen left because he didn't trust the organization. That all sent off a bunch of things later on that eventually got the Phillies Asses in gear and made them go out and spend. 
I mean, all I'm really saying is timing matters. Yes, if he extended based on promises that were not kept, he has a legit gripe. The original post said Wentz had a legit gripe based on the Nick Foles treatment. I disagree with that. Can we say Foles should have been traded a year earlier or something? Sure, although Wentz was hurt to start that season so that's not a great take for a team coming right off the 2017 the Eagles had. But Wentz can't use that as to why he wants out.

Nope. He’s not tough enough to man a Star in Texas.😏

All kidding aside, I have a feeling Wentz ends up in the AFC somewhere. Colts seems so logical that it probably won’t happen, but maybe Denver in an open competition?

Carson and Reich phone call:

FR:  Carson what happened to you this year, are you fixable?

CW:  Frank, you know how awful Doug was running an offense.  You were the reason we won the SB.

FR:  Ya, I know Carson.  You have a good point.

CW:  Just offer them pick 21 and get me on a plane there ASAP.  Trust me, I'll be good there.

Just get this done already, it makes too much sense not to.

Nope. He’s not tough enough to man a Star in Texas.😏

All kidding aside, I have a feeling Wentz ends up in the AFC somewhere. Colts seems so logical that it probably won’t happen, but maybe Denver in an open competition?
Nah, that's Brett's team.

I'm glad I checked out of sports for a bit. I'll come back in March.
good timing in checking out. Seeing that Sixers game last night against the T-Blazers without 4/5 of their starters has me up for taking a few weeks off too and checking in closer to the 3rd Q of the season

Users who are viewing this thread