What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (15 Viewers)

Yeah I kinda knew he was leaving but there was a possibility he could've stayed too. It's a promotion for him though and the dude is gonna be a DC in no time in this league. Just IMHO a bad place to end up in HOU because I see that coaching staff with the current situation getting dismantled in like 2-3 yrs. However Houston as a city from what I was told is really good. He just had a baby too. My one coworker was wondering if his mom would move to HOUSTON now that she just retired 

I still currently have my other contact though I don't see him as often. 
I doubt they would have kept him on in Philly. They cleaned house as most new coaches do (besides our ol coach). And not sure how that's a promotion in the slightest. 

No you can't. No better than scouts. 
I'm not saying I can but you could tell Johnny Manziel wasn't making it in the league despite numerous people saying he would. One of the things scouts and teams need to start doing is giving QBs a full IQ/Mental test with different situations as best they can. Scenarios like Wentz is going through, other controversial stuff, and just other things that just aren't checked enough. I think scouts in all sports need to start evaluating talent better in that capacity. A lot of running QBs aren't lasting more then 5 yrs because no one ever taught them the correct way to pass, how to read a defense etc. They just relied on athletic ability and arm strength. Maybe they last a little in the league but always too inconsistent. 

I'm not saying I can but you could tell Johnny Manziel wasn't making it in the league despite numerous people saying he would. One of the things scouts and teams need to start doing is giving QBs a full IQ/Mental test with different situations as best they can. Scenarios like Wentz is going through, other controversial stuff, and just other things that just aren't checked enough. I think scouts in all sports need to start evaluating talent better in that capacity. A lot of running QBs aren't lasting more then 5 yrs because no one ever taught them the correct way to pass, how to read a defense etc. They just relied on athletic ability and arm strength. Maybe they last a little in the league but always too inconsistent. 
You should write all the scouts a letter, this could be groundbreaking ideas they never thought of 😛

All I'm saying is no one knew for sure Daniel wouldn't make it in this league. 

I love watching these guys play madden or I play a guy in madden and they are using play action on 3rd and long or 4th and long and I end up with a pick 6 because they think they are outsmarting you. Anyone with a good enough football IQ knows dam well you ain't running that unless you are gonna be incredible ballsy and have a huge ego. I've seen or heard guys run it on 4th and 20 or some ridiculous yardage needed and get to it but it's usually do to missed tackles or some glitch that happened

This is a really interesting situation.  If money was available, they should be extending him this offseason, he's a FA after 2021.  There's still a couple of mental errors every game but he doesn't get physically beat very often.

This coming season he has to go from being "good, for a guy who's learning football", to just good.  I still think there's at least 10 worse starting LTs in the league.
I like him enough I'm not worried about LT unless Dillard is playing and when you think about the overall situation thats just sad. I got more trust in a guy who just started football 3 yrs or so ago to a 1st rounder. 

I doubt they would have kept him on in Philly. They cleaned house as most new coaches do (besides our ol coach). And not sure how that's a promotion in the slightest. 
He was the Assistant DB coach. Yeah they gave him Assistant DC but if something happened to Schwartz Matt Burke was leading the way. He did say he interviewed for the DBs job here but in the long run he thinks it was more of Lurie and team giving him a hey thanks for what you did we're going else where. Plus Culley took him on board as he was with the Chiefs when Culley was there till he left with Doug to come here. 

You should write all the scouts a letter, this could be groundbreaking ideas they never thought of 😛

All I'm saying is no one knew for sure Daniel wouldn't make it in this league. 
I never said they wouldn't make it in the league. Also Dan Orlovsky mentioned the mental part during a college game he was doing this past season and a lot of what he was saying made a lot of sense. I just meant more so draft position. Like when we drafted #2 and took Wentz when people wanted Zeke. If I'm drafting top 10 let alone top 5 or 3 I'm expecting that guy to be here for 8-10 yrs. RB's have a short shelf life in the NFL compared to QBs and I don't care how good a RB is I'll find RBs in the later rounds I can get production from. If it's not a QB I'm hoping I'm getting my T of the future of my DB/DL guy or LB. 

More so talking scheme awareness and what fits you the most. Most teams draft a guy hoping to fit a square peg in a round hole. BAL drafted Lamar Jackson in the 1st but that late it's more like an early 2nd round pick. Ravens already had a good Defense and run game. And then they made a scheme that fit his skillset over 1 1/2 yrs. 

I never said they wouldn't make it in the league. Also Dan Orlovsky mentioned the mental part during a college game he was doing this past season and a lot of what he was saying made a lot of sense. I just meant more so draft position. Like when we drafted #2 and took Wentz when people wanted Zeke. If I'm drafting top 10 let alone top 5 or 3 I'm expecting that guy to be here for 8-10 yrs. RB's have a short shelf life in the NFL compared to QBs and I don't care how good a RB is I'll find RBs in the later rounds I can get production from. If it's not a QB I'm hoping I'm getting my T of the future of my DB/DL guy or LB. 

More so talking scheme awareness and what fits you the most. Most teams draft a guy hoping to fit a square peg in a round hole. BAL drafted Lamar Jackson in the 1st but that late it's more like an early 2nd round pick. Ravens already had a good Defense and run game. And then they made a scheme that fit his skillset over 1 1/2 yrs. 
You said you could tell manziel wasnt making it in the league. 

You said you could tell manziel wasnt making it in the league. 
Manziel yes was pretty obvious. Dude couldn't lay off the partying and was way too immature. His parents were also enabling his behavior. If college coaches couldn't control him what made people think NFL teams could? Dude had some talent but he was never making it in the NFL. But there's always people who think they can fix a guy and get the credit. I told people Id stay clear of QB like Manziel every time. Not worth the hassle, negative PR when he gets in trouble etc. College sports I've always looked at as an internship. You can be as talented as anyone but if I can't rely on your availability or give us good PR why should we hire you unless all we cared about was the money we made off of you? Honestly it's really sad how some of the more talented kids throw their whole careers away in the matter of minutes. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ash
Add this to the Jeff McLane is full of it report 

"Alex Singleton said in an interview today that “There was never any hostility in the locker room at all about the QB situation. If anything guys were just confused as to what was going on. We were all ready to ride for whoever was in because we know they’re both great.”"

This is a really interesting situation.  If money was available, they should be extending him this offseason, he's a FA after 2021.  There's still a couple of mental errors every game but he doesn't get physically beat very often.

This coming season he has to go from being "good, for a guy who's learning football", to just good.  I still think there's at least 10 worse starting LTs in the league.
Keeping Stoutland for him alone is huge

Yeah I kinda knew he was leaving but there was a possibility he could've stayed too. It's a promotion for him though and the dude is gonna be a DC in no time in this league. Just IMHO a bad place to end up in HOU because I see that coaching staff with the current situation getting dismantled in like 2-3 yrs. However Houston as a city from what I was told is really good. He just had a baby too. My one coworker was wondering if his mom would move to HOUSTON now that she just retired 

I still currently have my other contact though I don't see him as often. 
No, it’s not. I live north of there and travel through it fairly often and it’s the armpit of Texas. Crime, traffic, humidity and people generally frustrated with life in Houston are rampant. However the Woodlands or Conroe just north and west of Houston are great places to live. Problem is that commuting through the hell known as the city of Houston would be enough to drive into the ocean. 
🤔Come to think of it.....replace humidity with blizzards and it may have been a lateral move from Philly😬

Maybe Doug was not as good as we all had thought? 

If you’ve ever wanted to know, here it is: On Chris Maragos’ most recent episode of his podcast, Nick Foles said that the original play call that the Eagles were going to go with on 4th and Goal in the Super Bowl was a “Speed O Left” or speed option.

Foles said the speed option play had failed constantly during practice, citing that one time, they fumbled the ball to have it returned for a touchdown. Ultimately, Foles went with his gut during the timeout and the rest is history.

Maragos podcast with Nick Foles and TE Trey Burton

For those who don't know what this play is. It's a QB option usually ran with a athletic QB to the left or right with the option to pitch it to the RB. Yes Statue Foles Doug wanted to call an option for 

If you’ve ever wanted to know, here it is: On Chris Maragos’ most recent episode of his podcast, Nick Foles said that the original play call that the Eagles were going to go with on 4th and Goal in the Super Bowl was a “Speed O Left” or speed option.

Foles said the speed option play had failed constantly during practice, citing that one time, they fumbled the ball to have it returned for a touchdown. Ultimately, Foles went with his gut during the timeout and the rest is history.

For those who don't know what this play is. It's a QB option usually ran with a athletic QB to the left or right with the option to pitch it to the RB. Yes Statue Foles Doug wanted to call an option for 
With the way Foles was playing at the time he would have completed it anyway, IMO. 

I agree overall. Doug gets a lot of props for that play it was only because Foles called the play. 

With the way Foles was playing at the time he would have completed it anyway, IMO. 

I agree overall. Doug gets a lot of props for that play it was only because Foles called the play. 
Loved doug at the time for it but in hindsight it is clear Nick brought it up. It never even occurred to Doug to try that play. Credit to him for listening to his player though.

I think Doug deserves a lot of credit for staying aggressive in the Super Bowl but it always did bother me a little that maybe the biggest play call in franchise history was the head coach basically saying "sure, why not"

Running it to the left for a right handed QB makes it a much tougher throw, with a flatter angle on the ball as well, DB gets a better shot at breaking it up.

I would say that’s a bad call, thanks Nick. 👍

There were plenty of on field questions about him, but the fact that was such an absolute jackass made it easy for me.  If only all QB busts were so easy to pick.
Not willing to make a call on Justin Fields, for example.  If the Eagles do want a QB, I expect it to be a choice between him and Lance, at best.

No, it’s not. I live north of there and travel through it fairly often and it’s the armpit of Texas. Crime, traffic, humidity and people generally frustrated with life in Houston are rampant. However the Woodlands or Conroe just north and west of Houston are great places to live. Problem is that commuting through the hell known as the city of Houston would be enough to drive into the ocean. 
🤔Come to think of it.....replace humidity with blizzards and it may have been a lateral move from Philly😬
Having lived in Philadelphia for the first 27 years of my life, and in Houston the last 29 years of my life, I totally disagree with this comment. Houston is a great place to live with lots to do and great food to eat. It's an ugly city to look at, and the heat in the summer sucks, but you somewhat get used to that part of it. Great people, the native houstonians are great, and all the people who have come to Houston from other places pick up the Texas "git er' done" attitude. I also loved living in Philadelphia. So Diss Philly and Houston all you want, I think they are both good places to live.

I remember thinking anyone who picked him above the 3rd round was crazy.
I remember arguing with Cecil or one of the other guys who does the projections here after they were saying how awesome he was. They said he was elite at something but I can’t recall what. I’ll have to see if I can find it. 

How do you search for your content in a particular thread again? I think @Long Ball Larrytold me before but I can’t remember how. 

Ash said:
There were plenty of on field questions about him, but the fact that was such an absolute jackass made it easy for me.  If only all QB busts were so easy to pick.
I always found it funny how people said he was gonna be a better NFL player then Tebow yet his mechanics were way worse and he was no where close the film guy Tebow was. The coaches would have to kick Tebow out of the facility just to lock it up. Eventually he was given his own key to the facility to go in when he wanted too though. Johnny could careless about getting better. he just liked the spotlight he got and celebrity status. Like I said his coaches couldn't control him and from what I remember reading and hearing the parents were enablers as well. 

Ash said:
Not willing to make a call on Justin Fields, for example.  If the Eagles do want a QB, I expect it to be a choice between him and Lance, at best.
I wouldn't go near Fields with a 50 foot pole. Wouldn't even consider a OSU QB. I'd rather take my chances with Lance if a gun was to my head and had to choose 1 of them. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
I remember arguing with Cecil or one of the other guys who does the projections here after they were saying how awesome he was. They said he was elite at something but I can’t recall what. I’ll have to see if I can find it. 

How do you search for your content in a particular thread again? I think @Long Ball Larrytold me before but I can’t remember how. 
There were a lot of people like that. I remember my old board people thinking Kaepernick and the Read Option was the NFL's second coming. I remember quite a few people saying Paxton Lynch would be the steal of the QBs. 

Lets not forget the hype people had on Jimmy Claussen only to find out later that Mel Kiper apparently has been hyping up clients of an agent he was friends with who happened to have JC as his client for awhile there. 

Then the JaMarcus Russell Debatacle. I watch a ton of SEC and even back then and couldn't fathom with the off the field and immaturity issues why the dude was projected as a top pick. Yeah I got the talent aspect with the arm but I was thinking a team would be lucky to get 2 solid yrs out of this guy at most before he blew up. 

Just a whole lot of smoke lately about Wentz. I think it’s a matter of time at this point. 

Of he goes we have to take a QB at 6 or move up if we can hold on to 6 in this deal. 

yeah schefter said he wants to be traded and philly is looking for a 1.  
This is going to be like the Charles Barkley trade. We'll get .33 on the dollar because of the situation.

He just had a bad year, has a sizable contract (fair for a good QB but if he doesn't get back to that, it's a huge hit for the team that's taking him so they have to factor in that risk), and Eagles have no leverage because it's reached the point where the team will be better off moving him than having him pout through training camp.

No way we gain a 1 in any trade, unless it's conditional (and even then with very unlikely conditions.) 

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah its no bueno for sure.  if we do trade him i hope we still take that wr at 6.  I dont like any of these qbs after lawrence except for mac jones.  but 6 is way too early for him.  maybe a trade back?

This is going to be like the Charles Barkley trade. We'll get .33 on the dollar because of the situation.

He just had a bad year, has a sizable contract (fair for a good QB but if he doesn't get back to that, it's a huge hit for the team that's taking him so they have to factor in that risk), and Eagles have no leverage because it's reached the point where the team will be better off moving him than having him pout through training camp.

No way we gain a 1 in any trade, unless it's conditional (and even then with very unlikely conditions.) 
After seeing what Stafford got I wouldn’t be surprised at a 1st but still wouldn’t do it. I think you are right, one off year and we are selling low with huge cap impact. No thanks. 

After seeing what Stafford got I wouldn’t be surprised at a 1st but still wouldn’t do it.
Think that trade is hard to equate to what a Wentz one would be because of the involvement of Goff. No way to tell how much of the #1's the Rams included had to do with the price of Stafford vs. price of getting the Lions to take Goff. 

yeah its no bueno for sure.  if we do trade him i hope we still take that wr at 6.  I dont like any of these qbs after lawrence except for mac jones.  but 6 is way too early for him.  maybe a trade back?
Maybe it all boils down to the Hurts pick as to why Carson seems to want out.  It was a bad pick, but if Went’s play hadn’t cratered it would never have been an issue.

Think that trade is hard to equate to what a Wentz one would be because of the involvement of Goff. No way to tell how much of the #1's the Rams included had to do with the price of Stafford vs. price of getting the Lions to take Goff. 
I had no idea Goff was so bad it required that much additional comp to get an older Stafford. 

Maybe it all boils down to the Hurts pick as to why Carson seems to want out.  It was a bad pick, but if Went’s play hadn’t cratered it would never have been an issue.
Wentz and pressure don’t seem to be a good combo. I’ve wanted him to prove me wrong but haven’t seen it. 

What a little baby, can’t get over the Foles shadow. Man up and earn your check Carson. 

Wentz and pressure don’t seem to be a good combo. I’ve wanted him to prove me wrong but haven’t seen it. 
Did he not have pressure his first 4 years and did well? The pressure and soft thing are just Philly trying to be tough IMO. 

With Doug gone it boils down to 2 people and 2 only. Lurie and Howie. Maybe he simply hates the same guy we all hate? 

NFL has now moved to more traditional money dump trades that you’ve seen in MLB and the NBA. In order for other teams to be on the hook for that kind of money you’re going to have to part with picks. The Osweiler trade seemed to open many GM’s minds about it and now it’s a thing. 

Stafford is well regarded around the league but 2-3 of this picks were to take that deal of Goff’s

At this stage I’ll be happy if we hold onto 6 if we deal Wentz. And if that’s the cost fire Howie.

Yeah, the makeshift OL did him no favors as a pocket passer.  His strength would be in Indy or Minn with their OL stability.  Indy has been looking at QB options.  

At this stage I’ll be happy if we hold onto 6 if we deal Wentz. And if that’s the cost fire Howie.
So do you think Wentz has NEGATIVE value?  Like would you be happy if we trade him for a 7th rounder?  I'm trying to gauge his ballpark value and some are saying a 1st and you are suggesting a 7th.

Feel like Indy's 2nd rounder straight up would be pretty solid for both sides.

Did he not have pressure his first 4 years and did well? The pressure and soft thing are just Philly trying to be tough IMO. 

With Doug gone it boils down to 2 people and 2 only. Lurie and Howie. Maybe he simply hates the same guy we all hate? 
Would love to see him man up and give it his best this year but going from the rah rah guy he’s been in the past to silence makes me wonder if that happens. If he did you know that top pick will be a Receiver....I hope.  :ph34r:

So do you think Wentz has NEGATIVE value?  Like would you be happy if we trade him for a 7th rounder?  I'm trying to gauge his ballpark value and some are saying a 1st and you are suggesting a 7th.

Feel like Indy's 2nd rounder straight up would be pretty solid for both sides.
Honestly I don’t know but after seeing the Goff deal you’d have to wonder if we are the ones parting with picks to get rid of him. 

Would love to see him man up and give it his best this year but going from the rah rah guy he’s been in the past to silence makes me wonder if that happens. If he did you know that top pick will be a Receiver....I hope.  :ph34r:
His silence is without question concerning. He’s heard all the rumors for sure by now and even if he’s out in a tent hunting his agent is telling him he needs to say something. He went online to congratulate McLoud and could have said something at that time too. 

This doesn’t seem fractured at this point. If he doesn’t say something soon, like this week, you have to assume it’s broken. If it is, there’s only 2 men left to shoulder that blame. Let’s hope one isn’t the owner. 

About time people in this thread start seeing him for what he is. 

Users who are viewing this thread