What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (7 Viewers)

I'm waking up feeling good. If Reagor gets it together and plays well; this team will have two legit young WRs.  I'm not even worried about Hurts playing well this year as 2 (potentially 3) Number Ones next year will go a long way to solving our QB problem if he can't play at a Pro level.

2 Part Question:

1.  Would you guys have been happy if we had the 6th pick and picked Waddle?

2.  Would you rather Smith+ a 2022 1st Rounder or Waddle + a 2021 3rd Rounder?
Yes I would have been happy and I’d prefer the Smith side in the second question.  I believe all 3 of these guys are very good and that we couldn’t lose as long as we ended up with one. 

We still have 9 picks too. Go get Samuel or Moehrig and if you want to get more picks trade back later or move Ertz but land a starting WR and DB after 2 picks. Get it down, Howie!!

I didn’t realize Asante Samuel was old enough to have kids getting drafted haha. Must have had him super young I’m assuming. 

Telling quote from Eagles GM Howie Roseman: “We’ve made some mistakes forcing picks and positions, so we've spent so much time on this draft and process and so much discussions about the players in this draft that we're not going to reach. We're going to take the best guys.”
At least he can admit he's made mistakes and potentially grow from it. Most guys who's jobs are secure would just double down and say I won a Super bowl, I know what I'm doing.

2 Part Question:

1. Depends on how the draft went before our pick

2. Personally I'd rather have Smith and a 3rd 1strounder in 22. But then again I'm always the guy trading for multiple 1st and 2nd rounders in madden while getting rid of my 7th and 6th rounders 

Howie:
"When you talk to the people at Alabama, the things that they say about this kid, they needed a corner and he goes and plays corner, and he’s as good as anyone they have … His work ethic is unbelievable, His route detail. He’s got incredible length and strong hands." 

Sirianni:
"Anchoring a guy is just not my philosophy, I don’t believe in that. The best offenses I’ve been on have been able to move guys around. They have to know each position. What we saw in DeVonta is the ability to move around. I saw a very high football IQ when we did our meetings with him."

Weidl:
"We saw a player who has a smooth maneuver, he can open up and run. A player that can win at all three levels at different alignments. I think his ability to high-point the ball, play above the rim and adjust to the football, make contested catches, really stood out."
I've heard that about Smith before the Howie quote playing other spots. Dude is willing to be the gatorade guy if you're short handed there. 

Tremendous athlete who really only played WR one year. Great YAC. A lot of screens, shallow crosses and gadget plays. Not a polished route runner. Had a few drops. I thought he might last until early 2nd.

ETA Personally I had him in the Elijah Moore / Terrace Marshall Jr. tier.  (diff body types I know).
Yeah I was hoping if the Eagles went CB in the 1st he'd be there in the 2nd 

At least he can admit he's made mistakes and potentially grow from it. Most guys who's jobs are secure would just double down and say I won a Super bowl, I know what I'm doing.
Yeah that's the one thing I've always liked about him outside the numbers guy. he's admitted his transgressions in the past. He's willing to do so and doesn't throw others under the bus. Example A is the Marcus Smith Pick. Only thing Howie had with that pick was he told Chip he was reaching for Jordan Matthews. 

i like this one:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/4/30/22412148/nfl-draft-2021-philadelphia-eagles-devonta-smith-stole-giants-fans-not-happy-nfc-east-rivals-toney

I have learned awhile ago not to get too high or low on draft night (more so in the 1st round, late rounds are fun to enjoy). Wait until at least training camp to see how excited we should get 

2 Part Question:

1. Would have been content, not too much more excited or less excited. Time will tell

2. Rather A, 1st rounder easily head and shoulders above a 3rd rounder

JaxBill said:
Jags have been linked to Moehrig and some thought he would be their pick at 25. In talking about the ETN pick, Urbs acknowledged weighing BPA over "needs at safety and corner".  
im hearing the jags are going to take barmore

Bigboy10182000 said:
was thinking about the stuff I watched on Reagor last year after he was picked, which at the time impressed me. what jumps out on this one is the quality of defense that Smith is doing this against is far greater than the level of competition Reagor had in his highlights. these are solid SEC, next gen NFL quality secondary and Smith looks fluid working his way through the defense. the cuts and stops are crisp to say the least. i'm excited.

im hearing the jags are going to take barmore
That would be great. 

was thinking about the stuff I watched on Reagor last year after he was picked, which at the time impressed me. what jumps out on this one is the quality of defense that Smith is doing this against is far greater than the level of competition Reagor had in his highlights. these are solid SEC, next gen NFL quality secondary and Smith looks fluid working his way through the defense. the cuts and stops are crisp to say the least. i'm excited.
Yeah the route running compared to Reagor isn’t even close. Also when you watch those clips you don’t see a 170’whatever WR either IMO. 

The RAC ability of Smith and Reagor make for a very interesting combo next season too. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
Telling quote from Eagles GM Howie Roseman: “We’ve made some mistakes forcing picks and positions, so we've spent so much time on this draft and process and so much discussions about the players in this draft that we're not going to reach. We're going to take the best guys.”
Why does it have to come to this though?  Why can’t he make a sensible decision when he isn’t about to get lynched in the street.

Just got off a Zoom call with Devonta Smith for season ticket members:

• Doesn't play video games, stopped playing about 8 years ago
  • Wants #6 but can't be decided until at least after the draft/UDFA's are settled (sorry Khalil Tate, that means you're a goner)
  • Played and followed basketball his whole life, favorite team: Boston Celtics :puke:
  • Favorite WR growing up: Julio Jones
  • Spadaro asked him if Coach Nick played him in a Zoom game of Rock-Paper-Scissors and Devonta said yes but it wasn't clear if that was the exact game as it seemed like Devonta was about to correct Spadaro on the game but Spadaro talked over him to ask who won and Smith said that he beat Coach.
  • While waiting for Smith to join Spadaro took some questions and he said something interesting while answering one of them: Doug was more content to let the vet players lead/command the locker room most of the time (and sometimes that could backfire if one of the leaders isn't happy "because they aren't playing well enough and their job is in jeopardy" so it affects the tone of the team), but Sirianni is always taking control and leading things with the team 100% of the time. Said it in a way that wasn't a knock on Doug, per se, but just pointing out one of the ways the environment is different now. 

OK hear me out.  Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah in a Malcolm Jenkins type role?  Jenkins basically played WLB his last 2 seasons here anyway.  I reckon he’d kill it as a chase guy who blitzed a bit, and could cover TE / RBs and could drop deep a couple times a game

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got off a Zoom call with Devonta Smith for season ticket members:

• Doesn't play video games, stopped playing about 8 years ago
  • Wants #6 but can't be decided until at least after the draft/UDFA's are settled (sorry Khalil Tate, that means you're a goner)
  • Played and followed basketball his whole life, favorite team: Boston Celtics :puke:
  • Favorite WR growing up: Julio Jones
  • Spadaro asked him if Coach Nick played him in a Zoom game of Rock-Paper-Scissors and Devonta said yes but it wasn't clear if that was the exact game as it seemed like Devonta was about to correct Spadaro on the game but Spadaro talked over him to ask who won and Smith said that he beat Coach.
  • While waiting for Smith to join Spadaro took some questions and he said something interesting while answering one of them: Doug was more content to let the vet players lead/command the locker room most of the time (and sometimes that could backfire if one of the leaders isn't happy "because they aren't playing well enough and their job is in jeopardy" so it affects the tone of the team), but Sirianni is always taking control and leading things with the team 100% of the time. Said it in a way that wasn't a knock on Doug, per se, but just pointing out one of the ways the environment is different now. 
Really glad doug is gone

Deamon said:
We need Elijah Moore to get taken before us.  I'm down to a clear 4 dream list:

JOK
Moehrig
Samuel
Jenkins
Campbell going means one of these guys will be there and I’m happy with any of them. Campbell scared me, I’m glad he was taken.

JOK

Barmore

Samuel (edit: can’t believe I forgot)

Basham

Ugh.  Not crazy about this.  Guys who can’t stay healthy in their early 20s don’t usually have a health revolution later on.

Really good player, but the injuries…

He’s too big to replace Kelce. This is for Brooks. Unanimous first team all American and dominated as well. Not flashy but if he replaces Brooks or Kelce I’m fine. Neither will be here next year. 

I wanted a guy who is on the field week 1 and this one is iffy but if he’s a good a guard as many say I’m fine with it. Chances are he’s playing this year at some point. 

Users who are viewing this thread