What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (3 Viewers)

Wanted to see Andy get another one tonight. Not looking good. Man does it feel good we sent Brady him with a big L when we won it. He’s a beast but man I can’t stand him. 
I was hoping we would get the question answered it Brady lost tonight would Mahomes get a congratulatory handshake. 

I was hoping we would get the question answered it Brady lost tonight would Mahomes get a congratulatory handshake. 
The legend of BDN grows even larger. Only he and Eli ever took down the GOAT in the big game. If he comes back do we increase the size of the statue?

The legend of BDN grows even larger. Only he and Eli ever took down the GOAT in the big game. If he comes back do we increase the size of the statue?
I think Brady is jealous of Size issues of Nick which is why I'm betting he didn't shake his hand 

Brady doesn't like losing cause he hardly ever does it.  But glad we got one vs that guy
I don't know any other pro athlete that is such a sore loser. Maybe Lebron but it's been awhile since he lost a finals game and just walked off the court like he did in his younger days. I think Brady takes it though. I've seen a few in soccer but not as bad as Brady

I had a really bad experience with a team in babe ruth travel league. They did everything to weasel their way to the championship despite being outplayed. Tactics like getting certain bats we used confiscated that our league commissioner said had he gotten to the game sooner would've override the Umps on, Other team had a game called when we were giving them the worst beating ever after 4 innings do to field conditions and rain (Any other team said they would've played the coaches said) and the Ump was horrible, among other things I forget happened. The team of corse was named The Yankees and we were the Red Sox. However these guys acted like TB with their arrogance. Most played at the private schools in the area and more money than us too. Their parents were just as obnoxious and I ended up throwing a bean ball at their kid (rib shot) that ended up in a fine bench clearing (not my proudest moment as a pitcher). They and the team didn't appreciate our blue collar gamesmanship. Long story short we lost. We were better and we knew it and so did our parents who were just as fed up. The Commissioner was too but because he wasn't there for a few of the games said he couldn't do anything about it amongst some other BS that happened. However we went out there and shook their hands and congratulated them. It sucked because that team was my favorite with the teammates I had and all. We had some fun goofy times including a practice it started snowing and we ended up using the tarp on the field as a slip and slide.

Point of the story is I know had we won we wouldn't have received the same congratulations from them. They all would've complained and given their status probably would've used their money to try and get the games replayed or hand them the title. We felt the ultimate revenge we could give them was go out there acting we were still really happy to have been there and congratulate them. It really annoyed them too because you could see it in their and their parents faces. Next year I played final season and retired from my little league/Travel baseball playing days. Brady reminds me of those guys constantly and probably why I just loath the dude. Plus he has a punchable face and who locks lips with their son?  

I don't know any other pro athlete that is such a sore loser. Maybe Lebron but it's been awhile since he lost a finals game and just walked off the court like he did in his younger days. I think Brady takes it though. I've seen a few in soccer but not as bad as Brady

I had a really bad experience with a team in babe ruth travel league. They did everything to weasel their way to the championship despite being outplayed. Tactics like getting certain bats we used confiscated that our league commissioner said had he gotten to the game sooner would've override the Umps on, Other team had a game called when we were giving them the worst beating ever after 4 innings do to field conditions and rain (Any other team said they would've played the coaches said) and the Ump was horrible, among other things I forget happened. The team of corse was named The Yankees and we were the Red Sox. However these guys acted like TB with their arrogance. Most played at the private schools in the area and more money than us too. Their parents were just as obnoxious and I ended up throwing a bean ball at their kid (rib shot) that ended up in a fine bench clearing (not my proudest moment as a pitcher). They and the team didn't appreciate our blue collar gamesmanship. Long story short we lost. We were better and we knew it and so did our parents who were just as fed up. The Commissioner was too but because he wasn't there for a few of the games said he couldn't do anything about it amongst some other BS that happened. However we went out there and shook their hands and congratulated them. It sucked because that team was my favorite with the teammates I had and all. We had some fun goofy times including a practice it started snowing and we ended up using the tarp on the field as a slip and slide.

Point of the story is I know had we won we wouldn't have received the same congratulations from them. They all would've complained and given their status probably would've used their money to try and get the games replayed or hand them the title. We felt the ultimate revenge we could give them was go out there acting we were still really happy to have been there and congratulate them. It really annoyed them too because you could see it in their and their parents faces. Next year I played final season and retired from my little league/Travel baseball playing days. Brady reminds me of those guys constantly and probably why I just loath the dude. Plus he has a punchable face and who locks lips with their son?  
Well maybe Foles can get it done next year again.  Are you behind Foles?

Well maybe Foles can get it done next year again.  Are you behind Foles?
I'm not a huge Foles fan as I was when he was drafted. I know what he is. However gun to my head pick Hurts or Foles as my QB I'd rather watch Foles play then see Hurts trotted out there for 16 games. I saw enough of Hurts in College and in the NFL to know he's not a franchise QB nor really much of a starter in this league without massive amounts of help and a scheme. I hate the CHI proposed trade if True because I want picks and not players but again if it comes down to Hurts/Foles I'm taking Foles everyday and twice on Sundays 

Ultimately I wished it was Fix Wentz get him even 75-80% what he was in 2017 and we're golden but that looks like it ain't happening here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a huge Foles fan as I was when he was drafted. I know what he is. However gun to my head pick Hurts or Foles as my QB I'd rather watch Foles play then see Hurts trotted out there for 16 games. I saw enough of Hurts in College and in the NFL to know he's not a franchise QB nor really much of a starter in this league without massive amounts of help and a scheme. I hate the CHI proposed trade if True because I want picks and not players but again if it comes down to Hurts/Foles I'm taking Foles everyday and twice on Sundays 

Ultimately I wished it was Fix Wentz get him even 75-80% what he was in 2017 and we're golden but that looks like it ain't happening here. 
Can;t disagree.  Personally I'd roll the dice with Wentz.

I’m far from a Hurts believer, but we know with certainty what Foles is.  Hurts might surprise me.  If Wentz is gone and there isn’t a QB they believe in at 6 then I’m OK to see if Hurts can develop.  Just because I don’t think it’s likely, doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

What I don’t want them to do is reach for a QB at 6 and the temptation to talk your self into a guy must be huge.

Can;t disagree.  Personally I'd roll the dice with Wentz.
Would be my preference as well, but if he doesn’t want to be here then the chances of him accepting the coaching and making the changes needed to rebuild his game then it’ll never work.

It is going to burn a bit if he does resurrect his career though.

Would be my preference as well, but if he doesn’t want to be here then the chances of him accepting the coaching and making the changes needed to rebuild his game then it’ll never work.

It is going to burn a bit if he does resurrect his career though.
Agree. Cris Carter v2 in the sense that it probably won’t happen without a change of scenery 

From Indy writer Stephen Holder:

Here’s what I know: 

*The Colts are definitely in on Carson Wentz

*Yes, the compensation the Eagles initially asked for is two first-rd picks-plus

*Colts would never pay that

*Colts are confident they can “fix” him

*And, now, we wait.

This part is my educated opinion: Howie Roseman knows it’s a preposterous price, but he’s trying to entice someone to get desperate. Never hurts to ask, I guess. The only real deadline here is the day Wentz’s bonus is due in March. So,
time is on Howie’s side.

Probably BS but just saw something on FB about Wentz being traded to Chicago for Foles, Cohen, and a 1st. 
this seems to be the popular rumour floating around, but my guess is that it is simply a rumour. i really don't know if the Eagles would bring Foles back, seems silly to think he can come in and lead the team for awhile. He has been on the verge of retiring for a few years, so don't know if he wants to come here and play behind this beat up team. 

Love the idea of bringing Tarik Cohen here though. Dude is a fantastic athlete. not sure how he fits with Miles Sanders and how the running game would look, but Cohen is a ton of fun to watch. hopefully he rehabs well and gets close to 100% to return

I’m far from a Hurts believer, but we know with certainty what Foles is.  Hurts might surprise me.  If Wentz is gone and there isn’t a QB they believe in at 6 then I’m OK to see if Hurts can develop.  Just because I don’t think it’s likely, doesn’t mean it’s impossible.

What I don’t want them to do is reach for a QB at 6 and the temptation to talk your self into a guy must be huge.
I agree to an extent. Only reason I'm for playing Hurts is if we are gonna end up trading him hoping to get even better value. 

Saw this too, but Philly also sends back a 2nd round pick.  

Makes no sense to me, but hey what do I know! 
That was apparently from some tweet by some guy on twitter. Looked over his page and it's full of BS including that he heard Ryan Pace was fired. It's just twitter BS

this seems to be the popular rumour floating around, but my guess is that it is simply a rumour. i really don't know if the Eagles would bring Foles back, seems silly to think he can come in and lead the team for awhile. He has been on the verge of retiring for a few years, so don't know if he wants to come here and play behind this beat up team. 

Love the idea of bringing Tarik Cohen here though. Dude is a fantastic athlete. not sure how he fits with Miles Sanders and how the running game would look, but Cohen is a ton of fun to watch. hopefully he rehabs well and gets close to 100% to return
But what happens to Grogo then? 

Bears - Colts - and mystery team? Wonder who that could be. If it has to end this way Im glad we at least have some teams interested. Drive that price up Howie. 

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/08/carson-wentz-trade-eagles-close-third-team-bears-colts/?fbclid=IwAR0WCcPx_4hcs4fj5bU8HlN7Ab9S1N6JyFFrYb7WIqqRvtcK7mVGjExxUM0
I hope its not NE and we send him to NE. I would just be more sick. The NE fans would destroy whatever confidence the dude has left. Carson is way to good for a terrible fanbase. Though ours isn't much better and why we can't have good athletes because the talking heads on radio, the idiot fans who listen to them and our media drives the wrong athletes out of town. 

OC: Shane Steichen - 35
DC: Jonathan Gannon - 37
ST: Michael Clay - 29
PC: Kevin Patullo - 39
QB: Brian Johnson - 29
OL: Jeff Stoutland - 58
TE: Jason Michael - 42
WR: Aaron Morehead - 40
RB: ?
DL: Tracy Rocker - 54
LB: Nick Rallis - 27
DB: Dennard Wilson - 38
DB: Jay Valai - 33
Updated with ages. Some stats:

• Factor in Sirianni (39) and the average age of the coaching staff is 38
  • Average age of the "core" coaches this year (HC/OC/DC/ST): 35
  • Average age of "core" coaching staff last year: 48
  • Only the 49'ers had a "core" staff <40 last year (38), followed by Rams (41) and Titans (42)
  • Jason Peters is 39
  • Average age of the players on the opening day roster last year: 26 (14th oldest team, 19th youngest)
  • # of players on the roster today (not counting futures contracts) that are over 30: 14
Last piece of the coach puzzle has been hired: Jemal Singleton (45) will take the same role as Duce (RB Coach and Asst. Head Coach)

I hope its not NE and we send him to NE. I would just be more sick. The NE fans would destroy whatever confidence the dude has left. Carson is way to good for a terrible fanbase. Though ours isn't much better and why we can't have good athletes because the talking heads on radio, the idiot fans who listen to them and our media drives the wrong athletes out of town. 
Oh yeah, it's the fans fault.  I mean, it's not like the guy was flat-out terrible this year.  After this season, I have serious doubts that Wentz has the mental toughness or leadership skills to ever lead a team to the Superbowl.  This entire team needs an enema and it's going to be multiple years before we're really a contender again.  I'm still trying to figure out how Howie Roseman survived all this.  I can't believe Jeffry Lurie looks at this roster and says, "we're close".  

That was apparently from some tweet by some guy on twitter. Looked over his page and it's full of BS including that he heard Ryan Pace was fired. It's just twitter BS
I can certainly believe it... there was no substance in the notice.  

And rumors out of Chi-town are "no on Cohen going" in a deal.  Not sure what will happen, but any bidding war only helps the Eagles, but with all the respectable QB's available (Wentz, Carr, Cam, Darnold, Winston), I just don't see any real separation.  Unless somebody says "they can fix Wentz" (like Indy & Frank Reich), I just don't see a large haul in a deal.  

The contract is another albatross like Goff's and Det won that shuffle big.  But their disfunction won't know how to capitalize. 

I can certainly believe it... there was no substance in the notice.  

And rumors out of Chi-town are "no on Cohen going" in a deal.  Not sure what will happen, but any bidding war only helps the Eagles, but with all the respectable QB's available (Wentz, Carr, Cam, Darnold, Winston), I just don't see any real separation.  Unless somebody says "they can fix Wentz" (like Indy & Frank Reich), I just don't see a large haul in a deal.  

The contract is another albatross like Goff's and Det won that shuffle big.  But their disfunction won't know how to capitalize. 
Honestly if I'm a team I''d more then happily take Wentz over Darnold, Winston or Cam. It might cost more but anyone who takes one of those 3 over Wentz is trying to fix issues they will have later on the cheap. Cam is physically done in this league and needs to retire. It was a good ride but time to hang up the spikes. Winston has never shown he can be the guy plus you'd probably have to deal with the media bringing up his wonderful past history of criminal activities in College and how FSU completely mishandled that. Is Winston seriously good enough and produce enough to take that on? 

Darnold I have mixed reactions. A part of me says Former USC QB outside of Leinart none of them have performed anywhere close to what they should at NFL level. Other part of me says "well it was Adam Gase as his coach so maybe there is something with Darnold. He's just as much of an unknown 

Then you got Carr. I think Carr gets a bad rep at times. He's inconsistent for sure but he might be the only guy outside of Wentz available I'd consider taking. I don't think he's the reason LVR was so bad this year. He has a good TD/INT ratio but he's 29 and a year older then Wentz already. 

The Contract isn't terrible and a team can get out of it next year if they want. It's not like they trade for him and they are stuck because of the contract

Oh yeah, it's the fans fault.  I mean, it's not like the guy was flat-out terrible this year.  After this season, I have serious doubts that Wentz has the mental toughness or leadership skills to ever lead a team to the Superbowl.  This entire team needs an enema and it's going to be multiple years before we're really a contender again.  I'm still trying to figure out how Howie Roseman survived all this.  I can't believe Jeffry Lurie looks at this roster and says, "we're close".  
Not sure if you've been following along or not the last few months but I have put some blame on Wentz as well as others. My overall point is I think Wentz is fixable and until this year was a very good QB. But this town can't appreciate guys unless they play at a HOF level and will run you out of town no matter how much is your fault or not. They've done it with numerous players and I along with others have brought up how those same people always bing up the same excuses for all of them. Too soft, mentally can't handle the town, etc. All seem like copouts to not have a real debate on the subject. Make you argue in circles with them about something thats probably not true rather then focusing on actual issues 

Not sure if you've been following along or not the last few months but I have put some blame on Wentz as well as others. My overall point is I think Wentz is fixable and until this year was a very good QB. But this town can't appreciate guys unless they play at a HOF level and will run you out of town no matter how much is your fault or not. They've done it with numerous players and I along with others have brought up how those same people always bing up the same excuses for all of them. Too soft, mentally can't handle the town, etc. All seem like copouts to not have a real debate on the subject. Make you argue in circles with them about something thats probably not true rather then focusing on actual issues 
There have been leadership questions about Wentz for a couple years now and that is coming internally from the locker room.  The way he handled being benched is a good indication that the guy doesn't have the leadership qualities you want or need.  Instead of internal reflection and motivation, he wants a trade.  I certainly don't want him in the locker room especially if Hurts beats him out for the starting spot in camp.  I think he's better than Hurts, but I don't think he'll ever be the player he was in 2017.  His body had taken a beating the past couple years and worse, his decision making has regressed.  

The way he handled being benched is a good indication that the guy doesn't have the leadership qualities you want or need.
Not saying I disagree but it’s odd that outspoken vets like Kelce and Cox go to bat for him when they could have said nothing at all. Kelce especially who is working with Wentz every single day. Was Kelce just lying? IF these reports were accurate from a couple years ago, why extend him in 2019 and put yourself in this potential cap situation? It’s hard to take any of these reports serious here anymore. They’re literally all over the place. The newest is today from SI saying that Doug was fired not because he wanted Hurts over Wentz (like we saw tons of reports and sources say) but because he wanted Wentz and management wants Hurts. 

If anything can be taken from this, in my opinion, it’s that we don’t know what the hell is going on and may never know. 

Action figure :lmao:

There have been leadership questions about Wentz for a couple years now and that is coming internally from the locker room.  The way he handled being benched is a good indication that the guy doesn't have the leadership qualities you want or need.  Instead of internal reflection and motivation, he wants a trade.  I certainly don't want him in the locker room especially if Hurts beats him out for the starting spot in camp.  I think he's better than Hurts, but I don't think he'll ever be the player he was in 2017.  His body had taken a beating the past couple years and worse, his decision making has regressed.  
Yet numerous vets actually go to bat for Wentz. Wentz admitted he has rubbed people the wrong way and could do better but from what I was told internally it wasn't intentional by any means. Yes his faith rubbed some of the newer guys wrong but that was more because the 2017 team group was pretty tight in faith all together. Also one of those guys complaining happens to be a locker room rat talking smack that no one should believe. 

Doesn't mean Wentz doesn't have his faults but I do find it funny how many people bring these things up like they were 100% facts when maybe 10% if not less was. 

What we all know is no one knows what is going on right now and a lot of people are throwing crap on a wall and hoping theirs doesn't stink and sticks 

Not saying I disagree but it’s odd that outspoken vets like Kelce and Cox go to bat for him when they could have said nothing at all. Kelce especially who is working with Wentz every single day. Was Kelce just lying? IF these reports were accurate from a couple years ago, why extend him in 2019 and put yourself in this potential cap situation? It’s hard to take any of these reports serious here anymore. They’re literally all over the place. The newest is today from SI saying that Doug was fired not because he wanted Hurts over Wentz (like we saw tons of reports and sources say) but because he wanted Wentz and management wants Hurts. 

If anything can be taken from this, in my opinion, it’s that we don’t know what the hell is going on and may never know. 
There are clique's in every locker room.  A true leader is clique-less. 

If I'm the Eagles and a team is offering a 1st for Wentz, I do it and draft Zach Wilson.  Go BPA with the second first.  The team also needs to stop kicking the cap can down the road.  Cox, Johnson, Ertz should all be on the block.  

Action figure :lmao:
Someone mentioned this to Rob Maddi who said he reported that last month. I don't remember seeing a tweet for it but I could do some digging when I get more time. Maybe I missed it though. 

There are clique's in every locker room.  A true leader is clique-less. 

If I'm the Eagles and a team is offering a 1st for Wentz, I do it and draft Zach Wilson.  Go BPA with the second first.  The team also needs to stop kicking the cap can down the road.  Cox, Johnson, Ertz should all be on the block.  
Wilson is projected to go to ATL You're choices at 6 are Lance and Fields 

I didn't realize that DeFilippo was the Bears QB coach.  :bag:  

He just got promoted to passing game coordinator which may explain some of the Bears interest.

I’m interested to see where he ends up. You guys can argue wentz talent all day but that oline will make any qb look bad. I also don’t understand the foles talk- wouldn’t they be starting hurts and foles backing up if that happened? I guess I was under the impression that hurts played well, I didn’t watch any eagles games though. Probably moot as that sounds like Twitter rumor, but trying to figure out if eagles will then be in the market for a vet. 

Not saying I disagree but it’s odd that outspoken vets like Kelce and Cox go to bat for him when they could have said nothing at all.

Yet numerous vets actually go to bat for Wentz.
I wonder if, them being leaders/vets and all, maybe they were saying those things to try and keep the team together and boost morale? The motivation behind it might have been more to prevent the death spiral a fractured locker room can create. Wentz was still on the team and could have been re-inserted at any point (due to a Hurts injury or poor performance.)

So it's like that situation where a friend just broke up with their significant other but it's still too early to give them your "real" thoughts or even agree with any of the bad things they are ranting about because if you do, and they get back together in a week, it will be really awkward between you and your friend. 

I wonder if, them being leaders/vets and all, maybe they were saying those things to try and keep the team together and boost morale? The motivation behind it might have been more to prevent the death spiral a fractured locker room can create. Wentz was still on the team and could have been re-inserted at any point (due to a Hurts injury or poor performance.)

So it's like that situation where a friend just broke up with their significant other but it's still too early to give them your "real" thoughts or even agree with any of the bad things they are ranting about because if you do, and they get back together in a week, it will be really awkward between you and your friend. 
Or it could be the obvious and that they all see the real issue. The one that we have seen and heard about as well and it’s Howie. 

“Carson Wentz is on good terms with everyone in the #Eagles organization, including Jeffery Lurie and Nick Sirianni, and has been in contact with both.

However, Wentz is refusing to answer any of Howie’s calls. His issues appear to be solely with Howie.

Per @975TheFanatic.”

IF this is true you fire that MFer or he needs to head out to North Dakota with Lurie and they need to work it out. 

Or it could be the obvious and that they all see the real issue. The one that we have seen and heard about as well and it’s Howie. 

“Carson Wentz is on good terms with everyone in the #Eagles organization, including Jeffery Lurie and Nick Sirianni, and has been in contact with both.

However, Wentz is refusing to answer any of Howie’s calls. His issues appear to be solely with Howie.

Per @975TheFanatic.”

IF this is true you fire that MFer or he needs to head out to North Dakota with Lurie and they need to work it out. 
well listening to all of the post game interviews after Wentz was benched, it seemed like majority of players loved Hurts more. Particularly the WRs and RBs. 

Doesn't matter a ton whether he was liked or not though, i don't know if any other team really wants Wentz so this will likely drag out a bit and Howie will stay with asking for too much for a QB who was ranked close to 34th out of 34 QBs last year.

Have to think worst case situation is them not trading him now and starting training camp with both him and Hurts in QB competition.  

well listening to all of the post game interviews after Wentz was benched, it seemed like majority of players loved Hurts more. Particularly the WRs and RBs. 

Doesn't matter a ton whether he was liked or not though, i don't know if any other team really wants Wentz so this will likely drag out a bit and Howie will stay with asking for too much for a QB who was ranked close to 34th out of 34 QBs last year.

Have to think worst case situation is them not trading him now and starting training camp with both him and Hurts in QB competition.  
Many, including myself, will take the 40 game sample size over the 12 where EVERYONE looked bad. This wasn’t a team that was close and Wentz sank the ship. Everyone was crap and even the coaches.

Think about this...Doug won a SB 3 years ago and didn’t get a single interview for a HC position. He got one request to be an OC. How bad is your reputation for that to happen? Adam Gase and Hue Jackson got other HC’ing jobs  

If Wentz is on good terms with everyone including Lurie and Siranni as the reports suggest than Wentz may be back. I’m wondering if Lurie told Wentz they would look for a deal but only if it works out in our favor. If this report is true there’s a chance he’s back 

Hurts had the support of Sanders and Reagor

And I just see this from Mike Lombardi:

The Eagles asking price, according to one team source, was ridiculous, laughable, and not worth countering.  Until they lower their expectations, based on the uncertainty of the player and contract, their initial price will never be obtained.

Users who are viewing this thread