What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (6 Viewers)

Bigboy10182000 said:
Nick Sirianni admits Jalen Hurts should’ve set up to throw earlier than he did on his first deep shot to DeVonta Smith against the 49ers. 
it was funny everybody yelling how bad Jalen's deep throws were. it wasn't that they were that bad, it was his timing and he held the ball a bit too long

it was funny everybody yelling how bad Jalen's deep throws were. it wasn't that they were that bad, it was his timing and he held the ball a bit too long
And I think that’s something that can be fixed with practice. I am a little concerned, or maybe curious, why he doesn’t go to the middle of the field more, especially with Ertz and Goedert. I also expected more shallow crosses with the speed of these WR’s. 

And I think that’s something that can be fixed with practice. I am a little concerned, or maybe curious, why he doesn’t go to the middle of the field more, especially with Ertz and Goedert. I also expected more shallow crosses with the speed of these WR’s. 
it is surprising the TEs haven't had more passes directed toward them. they have spoke a lot about how much Hurts utilized Ertz in the pre-season, so i am guessing that it is just a matter of time before it is utilized better. same with Gainwell. 

my guess is that the game plan was to take advantage of the 49ers DBs, and avoid the LBS and middle of the field. it made sense, and it was hopefully a very good lesson for Devante to learn going up against Josh Norman, and needing to learn how to go against veteran DBs like him. you could tell Norman knew how to play Smith and he was physical as could be

Hopefully it's something they can show him in the film room and just say "See here's some open guys, look for them next time."

Terpman22 said:
So you got Tua on all your fantasy teams then?

Nope I got Stafford and Burrow on my money league and Rodgers/Herbert in my Keeper league 

Also don't think he's in a great spot to succeed 

1st 2WKs he's yet to use the middle of the field. Last year Ash in his All 22 mentioned this in his starts this happening as well. That's 2 different coaching staffs in 6 games of his career and he hasn't thrown or used the middle of the field. Thats a tad concerning especially when it's two different staffs. 

1996 Billboard Number One Songs:

December 2, 1995 – March 22, 1996:
One Sweet Day – Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men

March 23 – May 3:
Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion

May 4 – May 17:
Always Be My Baby – Mariah Carey

May 18 – July 12:
Tha Crossroads – Bone Thugs N Harmony

July 13 – July 26:
How Do U Want It – 2Pac featuring K-Ci and JoJo

July 27 – August 2:
You’re Makin’ Me High – Toni Braxton

August 3 – November 9:
Macarena (Bayside Boys Remix) -Los Del Rio

November 9 – December 6:
No Diggity – Blackstreet featuring Dr. Dre

December 7, 1996 – February 21, 1997:
Un-Break My Heart – Toni Braxton

1st 2WKs he's yet to use the middle of the field. Last year Ash in his All 22 mentioned this in his starts this happening as well. That's 2 different coaching staffs in 6 games of his career and he hasn't thrown or used the middle of the field. Thats a tad concerning especially when it's two different staffs. 

So, my reaction is that it seems concerning, but how does it compare to others...

Looks like you can do it tho!

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/list/pass

Gotta say I'm not terribly encouraged here. I thought maybe those passes would have been more rare then I though - but nope. That performance was super predictable.  Maybe he can learn from it, but if he can't use the whole field it's going to be rough.

That said, I'm not jumping on him after 2 games.  Give him the season - we know he needs work and needs to improve.  No one is 'sold' on him. Let's see if he can make progress.

Big game!  I think if our def continues their play we can win.   Pretty sure we will score on them

If anything, the old stand-by of us getting killed by the other team's TE every game has been turned around (so far). Pitts and Kittle were held to a combined 8 catches for 48 yards, 0 TDs. 

If anything, the old stand-by of us getting killed by the other team's TE every game has been turned around (so far). Pitts and Kittle were held to a combined 8 catches for 48 yards, 0 TDs. 
Agree here. And Pitts was VERY active the week after us, so it is encouraging to see this from the LB squad. I mean overall, other than turnovers, I am really really happy with how the defense has played. 

Tom Hagen said:
I think that is going to be very interesting.  The Colts can't openly admit they are tanking to keep the 1st without creating a firestorm and Wentz is too proud to let people think he got benched or hurt again if it isn't true. Carson still doesn't understand why he was benched against the Packers.  I can't imagine he stays quiet if he's healthy and the Colts just don't play him.
Gotta believe the player union would get involved if they were to just bench Wentz for the last few weeks.

So, my reaction is that it seems concerning, but how does it compare to others...

Gotta say I'm not terribly encouraged here. I thought maybe those passes would have been more rare then I though - but nope. That performance was super predictable.  Maybe he can learn from it, but if he can't use the whole field it's going to be rough.

That said, I'm not jumping on him after 2 games.  Give him the season - we know he needs work and needs to improve.  No one is 'sold' on him. Let's see if he can make progress.
I’m more curious as to what’s driving it. I’d think the middle would be easier for him instead of throws that require a lot of arm, it definitely could be just taking what’s given to him but the sample goes back to all of his games last year too. 

Big game!  I think if our def continues their play we can win.   Pretty sure we will score on them
I don’t have the best feeling about this one. Their offense is legit everywhere you look. This will be a HUGE test for our defense. 

With how everything went our way that day, even before the game, to make the playoffs, followed by our playoff run and the way things were breaking in the AFC playoffs, I thought for sure that we were charmed and it was finally going to be our year. 

Stupid Cardinals game. 
yep.  I remember being in the parking lot listening to the earlier games and everything broke our way.  I was nervous going in but, gosh darn they lit them 'boys up.  Stadium was louder than I've ever heard.  It all happened so quickly that the concourse was still packed with people getting their first beers, chanting and screaming.  It was freaking awesome.

With how everything went our way that day, even before the game, to make the playoffs, followed by our playoff run and the way things were breaking in the AFC playoffs, I thought for sure that we were charmed and it was finally going to be our year. 

Stupid Cardinals game. 
As great as the 44-6 game was, I've never lost confidence in a game faster than watching McNabb play air guitar a year later.  His own team was looking at him like "Dude, WTF?"

My point was this is two different coaching staffs it's occurred with so far. That's not a glowing endorsement. Yes I'm all for riding out the season with him. I've never said we need to get rid of him ASAP but I just don't think the dudes job is as safe as some believe it is. However I'm willing to see if that changes though (Passing over the middle). If it doesn't it doesn't show confidence from the staff in Hurts. I think it's something along with the disappearing acts in the 2nd half he's had early in his career that need to be kept tabs on. To either see if he improves on them or not. 

Also my other take away from that link from others charts is Wilson and Lawerence didn't go over the middle the much this past week. I haven't seen their week 1's though. 

Gotta believe the player union would get involved if they were to just bench Wentz for the last few weeks.

Dam right they would. They don't take things lightly. It's not as powerful as the NBAPA who if a team owner doesn't tuck the star player in bed and read him a bed time story all hell breaks lose but at the same time the NFLPA doesn't put up with that stuff from teams. 

I’m more curious as to what’s driving it. I’d think the middle would be easier for him instead of throws that require a lot of arm, it definitely could be just taking what’s given to him but the sample goes back to all of his games last year too. 

I don’t have the best feeling about this one. Their offense is legit everywhere you look. This will be a HUGE test for our defense. 

It's a concern going back to college. He never threw in the middle of the field unless the guy had 5-10 yds open grass and defender in site. I don't know if he doesn't trust his arm, himself or what over the middle. However this goes all the way back to college. One of the reasons he had amazing total passing yards at Oklahoma was from these throws in the Middle because the guy was so wide open. Sometimes check downs sometimes intermediate and despite being wide open the throws weren't on the money throws. A lot of YAC was gotten from the space the receiver had plus the lack of tackling (Trying to be nice about this part because it was embarrassing) by what some would call a defense but I don't know what I'd call it honestly. 

As for the game itself I don't either and I don't trust our offense in a shootout honestly. I think we can score on Dal but it needs to be a lot more Miles and Kenny G then Hurts and the passing game IMHO. I don't think Dal secondary is amazing, improved a bit yes but just have a terrible feeling we are getting smoked Monday night. To make it worse is I have a 7AM shift Tuesday morning on.a day I was apparently suppose to be off but because of other issues and Game being Monday I was needed else where and the guy I'm replacing Tuesday is usually off Mondays 

Looks like Mailata sprained his knee at the end of yesterday’s practice and may not be able to play this week. 

Fully expecting a loss if Dillard has to start at LT

Hopefully he doesn't give Winston Justice a run at the record on Monday. Kind of am worried about Hurts Safety now.

My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Jalen Hurts pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

At least he didn't go to Club Risque like the one WR we had awhile back who got accused of stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread