What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (8 Viewers)

Quez is obviously going undrafted in redraft right now but I'm thinking that will change as the preseason goes on. He seems like the classic boom bust WR2 guy. Either gets 3-140-2 or 1-13-0 each week. But when he hits, it's gold. 
Yep. If/when we part ways with JJAW we can run some serious speed out there with him, Smith, Reagor and Hightower when he’s healthy. Hurts ability to extend will make covering that group challenging for more than 3-4 seconds 

Gainwell and Scott are RB’s. I think Gainwell may keep Scott off the roster. 

TE’s would be Ertz, Goedert, Rodgers and I was saying Tyree Jackson looked good but unsure if they can keep 4 TE’s. 
They will lose Jackson if they try to practice squad him. Apparently he’s been that good

Still assuming they're trying to trade Ertz, but if they can't move him why would you keep Rodgers over Jackson?
I agree. Without Ertz, Rodgers makes sense as a veteran backup.  With Ertz, Rodgers will never play so keep the young guy.

i think i'm downgrading all Philly receivers on my draft list even further than they were down already. was hoping for Reagor to get the biggest chunk of the targets a healthy DJax would have received, but with the speed we just saw out of Quez and some of that going to Smith, it's becoming clear as mud. i'm a believer fulgham will be in the mix in a big way this year and with Ertz still hanging around, that's a lot of mouths to feed by a QB who probably won't be throwing top 10 kind of attempts. realistically, what would the target pecking order look like:

Smith --> Reagor --> Ertz + Goedert --> RB's --> Quez/Fulgham --> Ward/Hightower and JJaw out.

Still assuming they're trying to trade Ertz, but if they can't move him why would you keep Rodgers over Jackson?

I agree and if he’s forced to play too early there will be a few Rodgers available in FA. 

i think i'm downgrading all Philly receivers on my draft list even further than they were down already. was hoping for Reagor to get the biggest chunk of the targets a healthy DJax would have received, but with the speed we just saw out of Quez and some of that going to Smith, it's becoming clear as mud. i'm a believer fulgham will be in the mix in a big way this year and with Ertz still hanging around, that's a lot of mouths to feed by a QB who probably won't be throwing top 10 kind of attempts. realistically, what would the target pecking order look like:

Smith --> Reagor --> Ertz + Goedert --> RB's --> Quez/Fulgham --> Ward/Hightower and JJaw out.
Outside of Sanders there’s no one from that side of the ball that I will even have on my list. Living here raises their value to the point where it doesn’t make sense. They’re all lottery tickets. 

If Jackson keeps playing good, then I can't see how this staff can justify keeping a journeyman over a young guy because of salary. They've been preaching competition all off season. They'd lose half the locker room if they did that. 

Also didn’t realize how conditioned I was to expecting a QB to not throw the ball away when a play was going nowhere lol

And I hate Gainwell’s number so much lol

I know they said last night it was a good play by Hurts to throw it away which is was, but I would've liked him to make that decision sooner and avoid the hit 

I kind of feel bad for him at this point. No coach that won a SB within 5 years would ever go without a new job right away. 

If you believe reports he told people he wanted to take a year off spend time with family etc. I heard last year especially took a whole lot out of Doug more so then any other season. 

It was Frank's SB
I disagree with that. Reich obviously helped but Doug certainly led everyone that year and still called the plays. He just had better people around him to get him to focus on what worked. I think he let the win go to his head a bit. New normal. Writing a book. All that stuff you do when you're calling it a career after being an all time great. That was Doug's second head coaching season. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
I agree and if he’s forced to play too early there will be a few Rodgers available in FA. 

Outside of Sanders there’s no one from that side of the ball that I will even have on my list. Living here raises their value to the point where it doesn’t make sense. They’re all lottery tickets. 
I'm viewing all except Sanders and (because of position scarcity) Goedert as bye-week fill-ins. 

I disagree with that. Reich obviously helped but Doug certainly led everyone that year and still called the plays. He just had better people around him to get him to focus on what worked. I think he let the win go to his head a bit. New normal. Writing a book. All that stuff you do when you're calling it a career after being an all time great. That was Doug's second head coaching season. 
Agree with this, Pederson beat Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, of course it could have gone to his head. 

Gainwell and Scott are RB’s. I think Gainwell may keep Scott off the roster. 
I'd be completely shocked if Scott wasn't on the roster. Even in the unlikely scenario where Gainwell wins the backup job, Scott is very useful on special teams. 

Agree with this, Pederson beat Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, of course it could have gone to his head. 

I'd be completely shocked if Scott wasn't on the roster. Even in the unlikely scenario where Gainwell wins the backup job, Scott is very useful on special teams. 

Given how Sanders is still struggling in the passing game we might have to accept that his 1st season was the anomaly there, rather than last year.  Scott is legit good as a receiver so that may be where he gets a lot of time.

Running wise, Scott is decent on the outside plays, but I think he has poor vision on the interior runs and misses the hole a lot.

Gainwell is still an unproven rookie but I thought he had a couple of decent runs in the game and it sounds like they plan to keep Jordan Howard as well.

I think Sanders will be on a short leash as far as his role in the passing game goes

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope Howard catches on here, i like his game. watching the game again on my dvr, he's only 26 yo. they said it on the telecast a couple of times, can't believe how young he is, feels like he's been around forever. as far as interior runs go, he's the best we have imo. he won't break off any long runs or outrun anyone, that's for sure. but he gets the tough yards and did you see the blitz pickup in the second play of the game? that's not an anamoly, he's as tough as they come.

It was nice to see that even the Pats beat writers thought the Eagles were the better team in practice yesterday and the offense looked good, but it was more encouraging that the D looked good against an "outside" squad the same as they did against the Steelers in the first half.

The defense has been getting daily accolades all through camp and you wonder how much of it is the competition they are going against everyday. I remember just a couple years ago when word out of camp was how good the DB's looked, but it wound up being that the receivers just stunk.

It was nice to see that even the Pats beat writers thought the Eagles were the better team in practice yesterday and the offense looked good, but it was more encouraging that the D looked good against an "outside" squad the same as they did against the Steelers in the first half.

The defense has been getting daily accolades all through camp and you wonder how much of it is the competition they are going against everyday. I remember just a couple years ago when word out of camp was how good the DB's looked, but it wound up being that the receivers just stunk.
These are good signs.  Also very unexpected imo

Another "win" today against the Patriots. Lots of TDs by the offense, lots of stonewalling by the defense. Jalen Reagor had a highlight catch that the team might share the video of later today. 

Don't know how long this unofficial video of the catch will be up, but

:jawdrop:
Was just coming here to post the same. I’m VERY excited to see what this group can grow into with adequate coaching. There’s a lot of young talent with good attributes to tap into and I’m happy to see plays like this seemingly daily from one of them. Can’t wait until Hightower is healthy too so he can show off his ability 

Was just coming here to post the same. I’m VERY excited to see what this group can grow into with adequate coaching. There’s a lot of young talent with good attributes to tap into and I’m happy to see plays like this seemingly daily from one of them. Can’t wait until Hightower is healthy too so he can show off his ability 

doug would still be pushing alshon and jackson if they were all still here

so is Sanders worthy of keeping in dynasty or is he just another middle round RB in drafts? $64 question.

this on again off again stuff is killing me.lol

there might be more fantasy value in Philly than previously thought. As someone else hinted at it's amazing what can happen when you have adequate coaching.

Pederson chose to take time off.

I won't get carried away but any D these days can look good against CamNewton. I think K'Von Wallace just became one of my new favorite players and a possible Jersey Buy in the near future after todays events

Speaking of Safeties Jalen Mills still has his hair died Green which probably isn't making any fans in Boston right now 

so is Sanders worthy of keeping in dynasty or is he just another middle round RB in drafts? $64 question.

there might be more fantasy value in Philly than previously thought. As someone else hinted at it's amazing what can happen when you have adequate coaching.

Hard question, Sanders hasn't done much it looks like to become a better receiving back which is important in Sirianni's offense. I can also see Gainewell who's known as a receiving back stealing those touches along with Boston Scott from time to time. 

I would sell tbh.  I think he's JAG.

If it's PPR, he's probably not. His catch rate fell significantly last year, he's struggling again in camp this year to catch the ball, and they have been working in Gainwell (who was a college stud as a receiving RB) more often with the first team on passing plays the last two weeks. 

DJackson10 said:
Hard question, Sanders hasn't done much it looks like to become a better receiving back which is important in Sirianni's offense. I can also see Gainewell who's known as a receiving back stealing those touches along with Boston Scott from time to time. 

The Noid said:
If it's PPR, he's probably not. His catch rate fell significantly last year, he's struggling again in camp this year to catch the ball, and they have been working in Gainwell (who was a college stud as a receiving RB) more often with the first team on passing plays the last two weeks. 
While I agree with the above, the potential is there to lead the league in rushing. Doug and his staff’s usage of Sanders has been borderline malpractice since we drafted him. I’m curious to see if they run him into the ground more given how cheap he is and how little he’s been used. If they do, 1500 rushing yards and 10+ TD’s are not out of the question IMO

DJackson10 said:
To be fair, multiple reporters have mentioned the extra work Sanders is putting in working on catching the ball.  This does not appear to be a lack of effort.

Users who are viewing this thread