What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (6 Viewers)

It's possible that Laurie is making Howie clean up his mess this year and then saying goodbye next year.

There's nothing really to identify with the WRs. It's Smith or Chase. Whether they pan out as studs is on them and the coaching. They have the talent. Only way to screw this up is to not take either if they're both available.
Add Waddle to the list as well. All 3 will help us big time. 

I've been insinuating that from the start 

We can only hope.
McManus reported today that he’s heard it was Lurie who liked and wanted Hurts :lmao:   

If nothing else that Jeff is a damn good friend, but you’re not fooling me by taking these bullets for Howie lol

Add Waddle to the list as well. All 3 will help us big time. 

McManus reported today that he’s heard it was Lurie who liked and wanted Hurts :lmao:   

If nothing else that Jeff is a damn good friend, but you’re not fooling me by taking these bullets for Howie lol
I was told take whatever Lurie says with a Grain of Salt big time. He's way more involved then he tells the media 

Ahh good ole Hackenburg that my PSU homer friends were telling me they'd have taken over Wentz and others that year and blamed James Franklin the coach for how bad he was. I can't remember a more overrated recruit who ended up being such a bust in college. 
I have no recollection of any QB picked in the 2d rd that didnt even get one regular season snap before being so bad that he was out of the league..... know Watson/Mahomes werent top 3 picks but the Jets GM should have easily seen they were better than Hack....it will be up to the Eagles GM to see if any at #6 really are franchise worthy....if they are then dont let Hurts stop you from drafting one...better to have 2 possible answers at QB than none

I have no recollection of any QB picked in the 2d rd that didnt even get one regular season snap before being so bad that he was out of the league..... know Watson/Mahomes werent top 3 picks but the Jets GM should have easily seen they were better than Hack....it will be up to the Eagles GM to see if any at #6 really are franchise worthy....if they are then dont let Hurts stop you from drafting one...better to have 2 possible answers at QB than none
Correct. It all comes down to their evaluation. If they have a guy in front of them that has franchise QB/star potential you can’t pass on that. 

Do sites have grades out yet on 2021 prospects? I’m curious how Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Lance, Jones and Trask all grade out compared to Hurts. I’m thinking Hurts would only grade out better than Trask. 

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me.
Probably the best they were gonna do.

Terrible return. I'd have traded Hurts instead, for as shaky as that pick was he could have been moved for at least what was paid if not for a profit. I get Wentz wanted out but who cares what he wants.

Agreed but this was a self made situation for Howie. He screwed up every step of the way. 

If Carson gets the Colts to the Super Bowl, I imagine we get a 1st but it's basically a 2nd at that point since it would be 31 or 32.
I’m curious what needs to happen for that to be a 1. Hoping it’s based on starts but doubt it’s that easy. 

Now we get the glorious talk of which QB we need to take at 6 for a while, constant comparisons to Hurts and Wentz all season long while trying to rebuild. And god forbid if we pass on a QB that becomes a star. This is gonna be glorious :lmao:

And my ST prices went up again.  The Eagles are going to suck big time for 2 or 3 years.  They have huge cap issues, and major holes just about everywhere.  Where they don't have holes, they have aging vets.  Yet, Teflon Howie still has a job.
It’s astonishing how he is able to “fix” this and start a rebuild with as bad as he’s been. 

yeah, Colts did a good job holding Howie to the fire and got a bit of a steal.

Never would have thought Sam Bradford would go for more than Carson Wentz did, funny how there was a large contingent of Eagles' fans loving Carson this year still, and then when we see how the other 31 NFL teams value him he is worth only a 3rd round pick  :no:  

my hope was that they would send Dillard with a pckage to the Colts who need a LT now, or send Ertz as well, to clean up some of the roster. 

Don't know why Howie couldn't push some of those pieces as well 

The Eagles spent five draft picks to acquire Carson Wentz in 2016. They gave him a $128M contract 20 months ago.

They're now taking on a cap hit in excess $33M to essentially get out of the contract and get a 2021 3rd-round pick and a 2022 2nd or 1st-rd pick.

I think I'd rather have the rumored deal of 2 2nds than bet on Wentz playing 3/4 of the snaps (for health reasons more than beating out Jacoby Brissett).

so we are hoping for wentz to play 75% of snaps but to be terrible and the colts to lose as much as possible. 

shouldnt be too hard to root against him.
exactly. Let Carson stay healthy and the Colts tank. Considering Houston is a possible even-worse organization than the Eagles right now, we need the Jags and Titans to step up their game and blow the Colts away

And I guess Carson got what he wanted. So is the NFL turning into the NBA with players crying and whining to leave and get their way like elementary school kids?

Crazy to think Watson may be stuck in Houston, but Carson did what he could to leave. 

I think I'd rather have the rumored deal of 2 2nds than bet on Wentz playing 3/4 of the snaps (for health reasons more than beating out Jacoby Brissett).
Jeff McLane  @Jeff_McLane

The Colts’ 2022 conditional 2d rounder can become a 1st for the #Eagles if: - Carson Wentz plays 75 percent of offensive snaps in 2021, or - Wentz plays 70 percent and the Colts make the playoffs. Wentz has played 84 percent of regular season snaps in 5 seasons.

Really hoping McLane is right with this one

And my ST prices went up again.  The Eagles are going to suck big time for 2 or 3 years.  They have huge cap issues, and major holes just about everywhere.  Where they don't have holes, they have aging vets.  Yet, Teflon Howie still has a job.
Objectively he has nude pics / dirt on Lurie to still have his job. He needs to be fired yesterday, this will just get worse.

Good lord, Howie is turrible. This deal is bad, next year's 1st round is valued as a 2nd. So, things got so bad they unloaded their franchise QB and ate $30-somethingM for a 3rd and a 2nd?

Looks like they get the basement of the craptacular NFCE for a couple years, guaranteed. 

I"m not a cap nerd and don't understand it very well....but does this move help with the Eagles cap situation in 2022 or are they on the hook for more Wentz money then?

I"m not a cap nerd and don't understand it very well....but does this move help with the Eagles cap situation in 2022 or are they on the hook for more Wentz money then?
This was part of the Rotoworld blurb so take it for what it’s worth...

The Eagles will also take on $33.8 million in dead-money cap penalties, the largest number in league history for one player.

i don't trust Howie for anything, but ideally i would love to see the Eagles trade down and acquire more picks. Let Hurts play for a year with a crap team and see what we get out of it. 

If there was ever a year for Doug to coach this would be it. Pederson loved to always push the "underdog" mentality and being counted out. well this year, the Eagles are officially counted out. 

modogg said:
yeah, Colts did a good job holding Howie to the fire and got a bit of a steal.

Never would have thought Sam Bradford would go for more than Carson Wentz did, funny how there was a large contingent of Eagles' fans loving Carson this year still, and then when we see how the other 31 NFL teams value him he is worth only a 3rd round pick  :no:  
Not a matter of valuing him like that. They knew the Eagles ####ed themselves and had to move him. They took away the threat of we can bring him back with how they handled the player. So no one is going to pay highly for that.

It would have been interesting to see who would blink as they got closer to the salary increase deadline. Colts are a QB away and Eagles wanted to move on. 

Man all of the news is flying out now it seems. Sounds like the only team alive in the trade talks was the Colts. Bears backed out and didn't want him, and no other QB needy team wanted to try Carson. 

I wonder if other teams felt that the 2020 Carson is the real Carson at this point with no one wanting the kid. 

i don't trust Howie for anything, but ideally i would love to see the Eagles trade down and acquire more picks. Let Hurts play for a year with a crap team and see what we get out of it. 

If there was ever a year for Doug to coach this would be it. Pederson loved to always push the "underdog" mentality and being counted out. well this year, the Eagles are officially counted out. 
If Hurts plays like crap, Wentz gets back to normal and we pass on a star QB I may just have to quit football for a while. This is going to be Earl Thomas/ Brandon Graham or JJAW/ DK Metcalf x 10. It will be SOOOO BAD here for a long, long time  

Man all of the news is flying out now it seems. Sounds like the only team alive in the trade talks was the Colts. Bears backed out and didn't want him, and no other QB needy team wanted to try Carson. 

I wonder if other teams felt that the 2020 Carson is the real Carson at this point with no one wanting the kid. 
If he didn’t want the Bears that deal couldn’t happen anyway. 

The cap being what it is due to COVID crushed potential buyers. Wentz is like 16% of the cap for a team. That eliminates tons of teams. 

If Hurts plays like crap, Wentz gets back to normal and we pass on a star QB I may just have to quit football for a while. This is going to be Earl Thomas/ Brandon Graham or JJAW/ DK Metcalf x 10. It will be SOOOO BAD here for a long, long time  

If he didn’t want the Bears that deal couldn’t happen anyway. 

The cap being what it is due to COVID crushed potential buyers. Wentz is like 16% of the cap for a team. That eliminates tons of teams. 
maybe. there are a lot of teams that need a QB, just surprised no one wanted to give Carson a try outside of Indy. 

ANd i'd rather the Eagles try Hurts and get some pieces they need on this team. WR, OL, DE, LB, CB, any of those positions with drafting guys in the top 3-5 would be nice. give me 2 of those over 1 QB in the top 4 for this year.

if Hurts sucks this year, then trade your 1st round pick next year with hopefully the Colts 1st round pick and move up.  

Users who are viewing this thread