What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (2 Viewers)

I knew Hooper got paid I never realized it was that much money but he was pretty young and coming off of a few 70+ catch seasons 

I don’t Burton’s money is too bad though if he lives up to the potential. 

Mailata and Sweat can get expensive though. 
The thing that sucks with the timing is that they probably won't have the money to do anything with them this year, then they're on the market.  The only window they'll have is between the Super Bowl and the start of the league year for extensions.

good for pittman.   prob get the silent treatment from carson now though.

are you just gonna ride with the wentz profile pic even after he cried his way out of town?
I’m might wait in see if he requests a trade back after lil sensitive guy didn’t get his number. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
I’m done with all the Wentz drama now. It is what it is and it’s time for me to move on. I’m all about the draft until I see what we do with the CAP.  

Have to hit the first 4. If we go with Hurts as the starter id like to see:

1st round- one of the big 3 WR’s. Right now I prefer them in the order of Chase, Waddle and Smith but all are interchangeable. 

2nd round- We need to have a CB. Right now I’d like to see Wade, Samuel or Stokes

3rd round pick 70- If we go with Hurts we need more talent at RB behind Sanders and someone who can be a 3rd down RB if needed. Kylin Hill would be a perfect fit. Not only a good receiver but the potential to be a 3-down Rb. 

3rd round pick 85- I’d like a LBer here. JaCoby Stevens from LSU would make a nice WILL and should pair nicely with Singelton in the nickel

With the two 5’s just BPA. OL, Edge or DB’s
Onto the draft! What do you guys got?

Onto the draft! What do you guys got?
I am firmly in the "No QB at #6" camp. That would just be such a mess.

I am on board with one of the stud WRs, even Pitts at 6, or trade back and get more picks. So many holes to fill.

Call this season a wash and get some young, talented players the playing time. Give Hurts a chance to prove himself and bring in a low-key vet back up. 

I still think Philly should trade down if they don’t think one of the QBs is a franchise player but Pitts would be interesting if nothing else.

2 tight end sets with Goedert and Pitts with Raeger flying downfield on the outside and Fulgham holding down other outside spot. Can do a lot with that. 

Just think tight end and wr that early wouldn’t be wise.

I’m surprised there is no mention from Philly fans on possibly grabbing Trask at the 2.6? He’s a little less experienced in games played, but the dude has the measures. A 6’5”, strong armed pocket passer. Seems to be pretty smart and coachable. I’d say grab the top defensive player available at 1.6, or the top rated WR if you want to keep drafting those guys every year, and then follow up with Trask. Let him and Hurts compete in camp, or use them both since they are both different styles of QBs. May the best QB win. 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2021/02/09/2021-nfl-draft-kyle-trask-florida-gators-draft-quarterbacks/

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think Philly should trade down if they don’t think one of the QBs is a franchise player but Pitts would be interesting if nothing else.

2 tight end sets with Goedert and Pitts with Raeger flying downfield on the outside and Fulgham holding down other outside spot. Can do a lot with that. 

Just think tight end and wr that early wouldn’t be wise.
I don't like Pitts that high at all.  One of the WR's yes I could see.

Agree if we don't think one of the QB's is a franchise player then we should not take him just to take him.  My hope is that they DO think one of them is a franchise player.

I’m surprised there is no mention from Philly fans on possibly grabbing Trask at the 2.6? He’s a little less experienced in games played, but the dude has the measures. A 6’5”, strong armed pocket passer. Seems to be pretty smart and coachable. I’d say grab the top defensive player available at 1.6, or the top rated WR if you want to keep drafting those guys every year, and then follow up with Trask. Let him and Hurts compete in camp, or use them both since they are both different styles of QBs. May the best QB win. 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2021/02/09/2021-nfl-draft-kyle-trask-florida-gators-draft-quarterbacks/
No more 2nd round qb's.  The hit rate is so low, and we already have a 2nd round 'maybe' kind of guy on the roster.

No more 2nd round qb's.  The hit rate is so low, and we already have a 2nd round 'maybe' kind of guy on the roster.
And that’s before Trask just looking awful anyway. He just doesn’t do move the needle for me at all 

I'm inclined not to trade out of the chance to get an elite player at a key position.  If it's QB, OT, WR or CB, if whoever they take is a Top 10 type player at one of those positions, it will have been a good pick. 

Doesn't look to be any DL worthy of the pick this year.

The OC at Florida is now the Eagles’ QB coach. There’s an obvious connection to Pitts and Trask and a previous relationship with Hurts. 

I'm inclined not to trade out of the chance to get an elite player at a key position.  If it's QB, OT, WR or CB, if whoever they take is a Top 10 type player at one of those positions, it will have been a good pick. 

Doesn't look to be any DL worthy of the pick this year.
I’m never a trade back guy and it’s always my last of the 3 choices. I only suggest it this time around since we are in an obvious rebuild and if we do need to go up and get a QB next year 3 possible first round picks help. Obviously those same 3 could help on their own as well if they don’t love a guy. 

I think we are in good position with 4 picks in 3 rounds this year to hopefully add some contributors. Definitely would like a banger at WR and a starter at CB to start it off

And if they are truly committed to a rebuild there’s still picks to be had if they want them. They could still:

Trade Fletcher Cox (post June 1st)
Trade Darius Slay
Trade Javon Hargrave
Trade Zach Ertz

I feel like at least 2 of these will happen already with Ertz and Slay. Dealing Cox post June 1st saves decent money and you’d get a good return for him as well id think. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ash
And if they are truly committed to a rebuild there’s still picks to be had if they want them. They could still:

Trade Fletcher Cox (post June 1st)
Trade Darius Slay
Trade Javon Hargrave
Trade Zach Ertz

I feel like at least 2 of these will happen already with Ertz and Slay. Dealing Cox post June 1st saves decent money and you’d get a good return for him as well id think. 
I was talking about this very thing with a friend at work today. If you have a fat contract and are over 30 (or close to it) you're gone. It's all or nothing with this. 

Granted I’m not familiar with every salary cap implication but am I alone in thinking that every old vet with value should be traded if there’s a market?

Ertz, Cox, Brooks, Graham, Slay come to mind, anyone else?

Do they garner a 3rd or 4th rd pick from a contender? 
Visited this concept almost 2 weeks ago, now that Wentz is gone it’s a no brainer 

The allure of TE’s always leads to first round busts, especially when their calling card is all about pass catching. Just bring Goedert back and use him as a building block. He shouldn’t be that expensive. 
Well Pitts isn't just any TE he can play WR. A lot of people are saying he has the best tape they've seen at the position since Gronk. Could Pitts do better pass blocking? Sure but that's literally one of the very few negatives about the kid. 

Agree on the 1st point.  The odds of a guy like Pitts being able to consistently win at X in the NFL are slim IMO.  Not impossible, but it's not a good bet for the number 6 pick.

But bringing back Goedert won't be cheap I don't think.  Trey Burton got $32m over 3 with $18m guaranteed in 2018.  Goedert is clearly better than Austin Hooper who got $42m over 4 years with $23m guaranteed last offseason.

I think Goedert would get closer to $15m than $10m per year on the open market.
Not a lot of great TE's plus many teams needing a #1 will equal some guys are gonna get overpaid at the position. The thing with Goedert is many said if it wasn't for Ertz he'd be starting and starting on any team that didn't have a Kelce, Kittle, Gronk 

Well Pitts isn't just any TE he can play WR. A lot of people are saying he has the best tape they've seen at the position since Gronk. Could Pitts do better pass blocking? Sure but that's literally one of the very few negatives about the kid. 
And even Gronk was a second round pick. The Ebron’s, Howard’s, Engram, Njoku, Fant etc etc just don’t work. Pitt’s reads like a lot of these guys and taking him top 10 is extremely risky. 

I mentioned this a few pages back actually since we have his QB coach actually. If we get Pitts at 1.6 would I be shocked if we then Grabbed his QB at 2.6? Not at all.I mean being a UF Guy I might go streaking down 1 Novacare Way, some would say Howie used his Alumni but it's the SEC and not some West coast school and both players are pretty talented. 

Alshon Jeffrey is expected to be cut at the start of the league year. 

Also I'm seeing quite a few Mocks giving US Either Pittss or Smith with one Micah Parsons. Saw another giving us Surtain. A few days ago Fields or Lance. SO these mocks are all over the place. 

And even Gronk was a second round pick. The Ebron’s, Howard’s, Engram, Njoku, Fant etc etc just don’t work. Pitt’s reads like a lot of these guys and taking him top 10 is extremely risky. 
I do agree it was risky but it's a risk I'm willing to take. I like these WRs in the draft but non of them are as talented or as big as a mismatch as Pitts is. Even for how good they are they all come with some sort of question marks. Theres a few people putting Smith not lower in mocks do to his size. Just as one example. I think the Eagles would benefit having any of these players and all Come at a risk. Even QB. 

Alshon Jeffrey is expected to be cut at the start of the league year. 

Also I'm seeing quite a few Mocks giving US Either Pittss or Smith with one Micah Parsons. Saw another giving us Surtain. A few days ago Fields or Lance. SO these mocks are all over the place. 
That's what happens when you have needs at every single group lol.
Also mean I wouldn't hate a trade down 4 or 5 spots.

I don’t know the likelihood of it happening but Mac Jones looks pretty damn good and I wonder if he’d be an option if they traded back and still wanted a QB 🤔 

The fact that we need a potential franchise player/stud at ANY position (except TE and RB), especially the core positions the Eagles value (QB, T, DE, CB) and the rare opportunity to be drafting 6th overall, I lean heavily toward using the pick. We could still luck our way into winning the NFC East next year because it's such a cesspool so might be awhile before drafting this high again. 

And then add in the fact that I have zero confidence that the current brain trust that's mostly responsible for a plethora of draft pick misses in recent years could actually net multiple good players back with any picks they accumulate by trading back. 

Top 10 picks "hit" (become pro-bowl/blue chip players) at slightly more than 50% over the last 20 years. Likely higher when looking at top 6. 

The most recent trade-downs from the #6 pick:

• 2012: Rams traded #6 to the Cowboys for #14 and #45 (Dallas took Morris Claiborne #6; Rams took Michael Brooker and traded #45 to Chicago (who took Alshon Jeffrey) for #50 (Isaiah Pead) and #150 (Rokevious Watkins))
  • 2011: Browns traded #6 to the Falcons for #26, #59, #124 and a 2012 1st rounder which wound up being #22 (Falcons took Julio Jones #6, Browns wound up with Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, and Brandon Weeden)
BTW, the last six picks at #6: Leonard Williams, Ronnie Stanley, Jamaal Adams, Quinton Nelson, Daniel Jones, Josh Allen. That's a 0% "busts" streak. I would rather take our chances on hitting with the #6 pick over the chance we wind up like the Browns in 2011 where instead of Julio they got 4 guys who gave them nothing. 

I also like staying at #6 and trying to get a stud. I remember when Hopkins was on the trade block and everyone was saying how you have to take a chance on a talent like that they don't come around often. Now I'm not saying the #6pick is Hopkins but it's the same idea you have to take the chance on a stud player when you get the chance. 

The fact that we need a potential franchise player/stud at ANY position (except TE and RB), especially the core positions the Eagles value (QB, T, DE, CB) and the rare opportunity to be drafting 6th overall, I lean heavily toward using the pick. We could still luck our way into winning the NFC East next year because it's such a cesspool so might be awhile before drafting this high again. 

And then add in the fact that I have zero confidence that the current brain trust that's mostly responsible for a plethora of draft pick misses in recent years could actually net multiple good players back with any picks they accumulate by trading back. 

Top 10 picks "hit" (become pro-bowl/blue chip players) at slightly more than 50% over the last 20 years. Likely higher when looking at top 6. 

The most recent trade-downs from the #6 pick:

• 2012: Rams traded #6 to the Cowboys for #14 and #45 (Dallas took Morris Claiborne #6; Rams took Michael Brooker and traded #45 to Chicago (who took Alshon Jeffrey) for #50 (Isaiah Pead) and #150 (Rokevious Watkins))
  • 2011: Browns traded #6 to the Falcons for #26, #59, #124 and a 2012 1st rounder which wound up being #22 (Falcons took Julio Jones #6, Browns wound up with Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, and Brandon Weeden)
BTW, the last six picks at #6: Leonard Williams, Ronnie Stanley, Jamaal Adams, Quinton Nelson, Daniel Jones, Josh Allen. That's a 0% "busts" streak. I would rather take our chances on hitting with the #6 pick over the chance we wind up like the Browns in 2011 where instead of Julio they got 4 guys who gave them nothing. 
Yeah I’m locked into 6 now. Howie will definitely do what the Browns did

I was originally excited that there looked to be 3-4 teams reaching for QB's ahead of us when we were sitting at #6 and would have our pick of the top 2-3 non-QB's.  Now I'm worried they're going to waste #6 reaching for the 4th-5th best QB in the draft.

I was originally excited that there looked to be 3-4 teams reaching for QB's ahead of us when we were sitting at #6 and would have our pick of the top 2-3 non-QB's.  Now I'm worried they're going to waste #6 reaching for the 4th-5th best QB in the draft.
It’s alL about the eval. I doubt any team is picking their 4th or 5th best QB unless they feel he’s a franchise/star QB. 

The Bears thought Trubisky was better than Mahomes and Watson. Cardinals took Rosen ahead or Lamar Jackson etc etc. 

There is no chance 4 QBs are going in the top 5.

There is no chance 4 QBs are going in the top 5.
I dunno, man.  Jags, Jets, that's two.  Falcons could take one pretty easily, that would be 3.  Only needs someone to trade up with Miami or Cinci and that would be 4.  Not likely but there's certainly a decent chance given how many teams now seem to looking.  Here's a list of who I think could be in play for a trade up:

1. Carolina
  2. Denver
  3. New England
  4. Washington
  5. Chicago
And that leaves out teams like San Fran, Las Vegas etc that are always rumoured to be looking for upgrades.

I dunno, man.  Jags, Jets, that's two.  Falcons could take one pretty easily, that would be 3.  Only needs someone to trade up with Miami or Cinci and that would be 4.  Not likely but there's certainly a decent chance given how many teams now seem to looking.  Here's a list of who I think could be in play for a trade up:

1. Carolina
  2. Denver
  3. New England
  4. Washington
  5. Chicago
And that leaves out teams like San Fran, Las Vegas etc that are always rumoured to be looking for upgrades.
I think the TEAMS warrant it, but not the players.  And yes, I understand your argument of "any team could fall in love with a qb and want him".... but in reality, I do not see any of your listed teams trading up into the top 5 to pick Lance.

And even if this DID happen, and 4 qb's go, saying that we take Mac Jones at 6 is ridiculous.  There's almost no chance we are taking the 5th QB at pick 6.

I think the TEAMS warrant it, but not the players.  And yes, I understand your argument of "any team could fall in love with a qb and want him".... but in reality, I do not see any of your listed teams trading up into the top 5 to pick Lance.

And even if this DID happen, and 4 qb's go, saying that we take Mac Jones at 6 is ridiculous.  There's almost no chance we are taking the 5th QB at pick 6.
Agree with that, outside the QBs, Chase and Sewell seem to be the players that are generally highest rated so take the chance to take one of those.  This team needs everything, so no sense reaching for a QB.

Agree with that, outside the QBs, Chase and Sewell seem to be the players that are generally highest rated so take the chance to take one of those.  This team needs everything, so no sense reaching for a QB.
I would be surprised that Cincy would trade back with Sewell on the board.

This does seem like an unprecedented year of offensive players going.  What pick do you think the first defensive player goes?  Might not be until like pick 8.

CBS's newest mock draft is interesting.  They have their top 10 as:

JAX- Lawrence
NYJ- Fields
HOU- Sewell (trading Watson to Miami)
CAR- Wilson (Swapping picks with Atlanta in a trade)
CIN- Darrisaw
PHI- Waddle
DET- Chase
ATL- Pitts
DEN- Farley (first defensive player at 9)
DAL- Slater

I would be surprised that Cincy would trade back with Sewell on the board.

This does seem like an unprecedented year of offensive players going.  What pick do you think the first defensive player goes?  Might not be until like pick 8.
If Chase, Sewell, Wilson and Fields are gone, I wouldn't be super surprised if the Eagles took a CB.  Slay is here for another 1-2 yrs at the most and outside him they have literally nothing.

Outside that, it could be somewhere 8-10.  Now that I think about it though, Dan Campbell @7 seems like a Micah Parsons guy.

CBS's newest mock draft is interesting.  They have their top 10 as:

JAX- Lawrence
NYJ- Fields
HOU- Sewell (trading Watson to Miami)
CAR- Wilson (Swapping picks with Atlanta in a trade)
CIN- Darrisaw
PHI- Waddle
DET- Chase
ATL- Pitts
DEN- Farley (first defensive player at 9)
DAL- Slater
Starting to think I might prefer Waddle over Smith, but having him over Chase is interesting.  

Users who are viewing this thread