What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (4 Viewers)

It’s the Jets. Team is awful, GM on the hot seat, owner accused of racist and sexist  comments, decades of being awful and they 100% have worse media.  You won’t find a worse media in the country. That’s why I call ours NY jr all the time lol
What says Douglas is on the hot seat?  He's barely had the chance to do anything except get two 1sts in exchange for a box safety.

Our cap situation will be fine in 2022, assuming we dont try to run it back. We just have to make the hard cuts this year.
The cap issues are overblown and unless the HC is getting GM power I’m sure that wouldn’t be much of a concern for them. The picks I’ll give them. That’s attractive but it ends there IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
4 first round picks is huge.  As is the cap room... they have a TON of it. 

As for more control, we don't know how much they'll give the new coach, but he'll certainly have more reign of his draft than the Eagles coach will.  Howie isn't letting that go.

Either way, you're welcome to your opinion.  But the OVERWHELMING opinion around the league and from analysts, is that the Jets gig is more attractive than ours.
I don't really think it is. Too me it's more of a media bias because they want the Jets to do good as its huge ratings no matter what. Their GM is the same guy the Eagles didn't throw a fight to keep and has made some apparently questionable draft decisions for us. Who do they have on their roster a coach will drool over right now? Defensively Marcus Maye,Quinnen Williams? Offense Denzel Mims then you got Sam Darnold who no one I think is jumping up and down for. Then you got to deal with the NY media who are terrible and worse then the PHI media. They got draft capital and cap space but their GM is questionable at best and an owner who supports a very controversial President. Who wants to deal with all of that. 

I don't really think it is. Too me it's more of a media bias because they want the Jets to do good as its huge ratings no matter what. Their GM is the same guy the Eagles didn't throw a fight to keep and has made some apparently questionable draft decisions for us. Who do they have on their roster a coach will drool over right now? Defensively Marcus Maye,Quinnen Williams? Offense Denzel Mims then you got Sam Darnold who no one I think is jumping up and down for. Then you got to deal with the NY media who are terrible and worse then the PHI media. They got draft capital and cap space but their GM is questionable at best and an owner who supports a very controversial President. Who wants to deal with all of that. 
Too long man lol

What says Douglas is on the hot seat?  He's barely had the chance to do anything except get two 1sts in exchange for a box safety.
I don’t follow them closely to know but I definitely read numerous times people saying he’s on the hot seat. 

Well again, the majority of people disagree with you and there's a reason for it.

It doesn't matter and isn't a huge knock on us just cause they have a more attractive spot for a coach.  Hopefully they just take Doug and that means we don't lose out on a coach to them.
This was I think 2 months ago 

[Pro Football Network] Adam Gase isn't the only one on the hot seat at One Jets Drive. The #Jets may not be sold on general manager Joe Douglas, either. Here's the very latest from PFN Insider @TonyPauline .

Well again, the majority of people disagree with you and there's a reason for it.

It doesn't matter and isn't a huge knock on us just cause they have a more attractive spot for a coach.  Hopefully they just take Doug and that means we don't lose out on a coach to them.
A majority would have been happy we signed Gase and a majority where when we got Chip. There’s enough examples. Their opinion is no different than ours. Their word isn’t the Bible. 

Like I said I agree with the picks part but they literally have nothing besides that. They in now way should be 3 on any list and it discredits the writer more than anything else IMO

Time will tell though. I’m done discussing the Jets now lol

• Smile
Reactions: Ash
Like I said I agree with the picks part but they literally have nothing besides that. 
It doesn't matter if you think the cap situation is 'over blown'.. it's still a factor even if it's not as big of one as you think.  The 2nd most cap money in the NFL is not "literally nothing"

And as much as you'll disagree with this, there's a lot of people in the league who would likely rather Fields than Carson or Hurts.  So they have that.

And yes I believe the Jets have less of a QB controversy/FO controversy than us.

Either way, we don't have that attractive of a situation unfortunately.  But I believe in Lurie finding a good hire.

It doesn't matter if you think the cap situation is 'over blown'.. it's still a factor even if it's not as big of one as you think.  The 2nd most cap money in the NFL is not "literally nothing"

And as much as you'll disagree with this, there's a lot of people in the league who would likely rather Fields than Carson or Hurts.  So they have that.

And yes I believe the Jets have less of a QB controversy/FO controversy than us.

Either way, we don't have that attractive of a situation unfortunately.  But I believe in Lurie finding a good hire.
Why I said their cap situations means nothing is because they need everything. This isn’t like the Colts (second most space), TB (7), Cleveland (8), Baltimore (9), Miami (10), Chargers (11) who are close and a player or two puts them over the top. This is a team that needs like 12+ players (All the important ones). If they build an actual team and still have a ton of cap than I wouldn’t say there’s means nothing. One or two big FA’s will barely move the needle there in terms of impact. 

And I disagree with the rest completely because it’s just too dependent upon narrative. I’m sure there’s some or many who would want ours and some or many who want Fields. There’s no way to prove it. 

I’ll take our FO dysfunction over an owner possibly saying racist or sexist remarks. That will stick with players BIG TIME. 

Per La Canfora and I have no clue who the hell this is:

U of Cincy's Luke Fickell is a hot name in NFL circles right now with the Eagles seen by many rival execs as a good fit

space but their GM is questionable at best and an owner who supports a very controversial President. Who wants to deal with all of that. 
Which controversial one would that be....the former or the latter? Although I don’t see what that has to do with where a coach picks to work.🤔

Which controversial one would that be....the former or the latter? Although I don’t see what that has to do with where a coach picks to work.🤔
The current one. He's also made innappropriate comments as a the US Ambassador to the UK to staff members, holding men only meetings and making comments that were rationally charged among other sexually comments including their race and appearance as well as negative comments about Black History Month. How does this have to do with a coach pick for work? Well everything. You don't want to work for an employer who's controversial nor put yourself in a situation where you are labeled something you are not. Especially with the current events. I'm not a huge Bill Billchik fan by any means but I applaud him for not accepting the reward from our current President do to events that have unfolded in the last week. This also has an effect on players signing with the team. You are gonna have to sell them hard on playing for that team. 

The current one. He's also made innappropriate comments as a the US Ambassador to the UK to staff members, holding men only meetings and making comments that were rationally charged among other sexually comments including their race and appearance as well as negative comments about Black History Month. How does this have to do with a coach pick for work? Well everything. You don't want to work for an employer who's controversial nor put yourself in a situation where you are labeled something you are not. Especially with the current events. I'm not a huge Bill Billchik fan by any means but I applaud him for not accepting the reward from our current President do to events that have unfolded in the last week. 
Well if nobody should work for any employer that supports Trump, then the business world and our economy is going to come to a grinding halt.

I own multiple businesses that make a lucrative job for all my employees. Guess I should send them home?🤷🏼‍♂️

But, I’ll concede to your wisdom on this simply to spare the others from listen to this. I mean, what do I know?

And this is where it’s subjective IMO. You could interview 5 HC candidates and depending on scheme and what they see get 5 separate answers on who they’d rather have. 
There is only 1 answer. The only reason anyone would choose Wentz over Herbert right now is if LA wasn't interested in hiring them and Philly was.

I think any of would happily trade one Super Bowl for 5 seasons of suckitude.

But I think that's literally what we did. We won the Super Bowl and caught lightning in a bottle - but then doubled down as if we had a winning formula. We didn't - we were a young a growing team, that if they HADN'T won, would have continued that path.

Instead - we won. Then we doubled down on players that were here, extending them again and again. We traded picks for players midseason. We failed to make tough cuts and get young players the playing time they should have had. Wentz had Nick Foles in his head permanently. So - we turned ourselves into....this.

Now we're stuck with an aging roster, under-developed players, a QB that's brain is fried, no cap space. We have to burn it all down.  I'd do it again in a heartbeat, but there is no doubt in my head that the Super Bowl win led us down a self-destructive path.

Wasn’t he playing in the league just a year or two ago? Rooney rule?
They're supposedly interviewing Bowled though. This is the problem with the Rooney rule. We can't tell if the person is a legitimate candidate because of the mandatory quotas. 

From the uninspiring hire category:

“The interest in Mike Kafka is real. It’s strong.” - @caplannfl on Inside the Birds.
If the Eagles want to interview either Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy or QBs coach Mike Kafka, they’ll have to wait until Kansas City has either been eliminated from the playoffs or after the Super Bowl on Feb. 7.

Obviously, pertains to all remaining playoff teams with candidates.

Source close to Doug Pederson said it wouldn't surprise to see the recently fired Eagles coach take a year off. He might get intrigued by one of the HC openings but, as the source said, it's been a loooong year for Pederson.

They're supposedly interviewing Bowled though. This is the problem with the Rooney rule. We can't tell if the person is a legitimate candidate because of the mandatory quotas. 
They gotta hire the DC first, you know how these things work.

If the Eagles want to interview either Chiefs OC Eric Bienemy or QBs coach Mike Kafka, they’ll have to wait until Kansas City has either been eliminated from the playoffs or after the Super Bowl on Feb. 7.

I really think we need to make a clean break from the Andy Reid tree.  

Lots of Twitter reports that Saleh is practically hired by Jets. I’m excited to see what he can do as a HC.

I really think we need to make a clean break from the Andy Reid tree.  
“Been texting with an NFL source this morning who thinks there's a very strong chance Eric Bieniemy isn't hired for a HC opportunity this cycle.

Cites concern about Reid's coaching tree and timing w/Chiefs expected to make another SB run”

The #Eagles have interviewed #Panthers OC Joe Brady for their open head coaching job, source said. Brady has interviewed for nearly every opening this circuit.

“Been texting with an NFL source this morning who thinks there's a very strong chance Eric Bieniemy isn't hired for a HC opportunity this cycle.

Cites concern about Reid's coaching tree and timing w/Chiefs expected to make another SB run”
Can get the timing issue if the Chiefs make another deep run, but concern with Andy’s tree is BS.  People kept hiring Belichick’s guys even though none succeeded until O’Brien (highly debatable) and Flores.

Andy has former assistants who’ve actually been successful (McDermott, Rivera, still count Doug as wel)

Didn't they change that rule so they can interview during the bye before the SB or did covid blow that up?

Can get the timing issue if the Chiefs make another deep run, but concern with Andy’s tree is BS.  People kept hiring Belichick’s guys even though none succeeded until O’Brien (highly debatable) and Flores.

Andy has former assistants who’ve actually been successful (McDermott, Rivera, still count Doug as wel)
Harbaugh worked with Reid for years as well, and is a well accomplished HC. Bill's coaching tree doesn't compare.

I think the issue is more recently they haven't done well. Harbaugh, McDermott and Rivera were a very long time ago.  Since than you've had Bowles, Nagy, Doug, Shurmer, Spagnuolo and Frazier who have arguably been horrible.  What muddies the water now is that how much is Andy, Mahomes and the supporting cast? Not saying I agree 100% but I can understand any pause.

**ETA**

McDermott wasn't a long time ago and should be in the other list

With his second interview with the #Jets completed, #49ers DC Robert Saleh is headed to Philly to interview with the #Eagles, source said.

With his second interview with the #Jets completed, #49ers DC Robert Saleh is headed to Philly to interview with the #Eagles, source said.
Eagles are apparently flying Saleh from NJ to Florida to make sure they get the interview done today.

Despite being connected to a long list of coach, it does sound like the interest is real.

I imagine for the most part, they'll play for whoever gives them the most $$.
Considering todays climate I don't know how players will react. Eric Reid did but he is such a virtue signaler and didn't believe half the cr** that came out of his own mouth anyway. 

Well if nobody should work for any employer that supports Trump, then the business world and our economy is going to come to a grinding halt.

I own multiple businesses that make a lucrative job for all my employees. Guess I should send them home?🤷🏼‍♂️

But, I’ll concede to your wisdom on this simply to spare the others from listen to this. I mean, what do I know?
I'm more so saying it's up to the individual. Again I don't want to turn this into a political discussion. I was just pointing out the Owner is in some hot water and given the climate with players and all going on currently I think that could factor into some players decisions. 

Users who are viewing this thread