What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (15 Viewers)

Insein said:
Still have Detroit out there. 
If it's clear again in Vegas that this team just doesn't have its act together, we may want to consider rooting for us to lose that DET game in a couple weeks to help our MIA pick (and also our own pick)  :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lane is back this week. Just tweeted he's ready to come back and has been dealing with mental health issues. 👍
Makes sense. It's not a commonly accepted thing in the macho world of football to take leave for but it's just as critical. Can't play if your head is not right. 

DJackson10 said:
Draft Pick update. Mia Lost to Jaguars who pick up first win on the year. Tiebreaker for #1 pick goes to MIA now who has the top pick in the draft for now. Great news for the Eagles not sure what MIA was thinking 
In Miami, we're thinking more losses will end the Grier era faster. Grier got tremendous value with the trade down with SF, but lost most of it with the trade up with PHI to get Waddle who is averaging 8 ypr, although that's partly on the 3-headed offensive play calling. Most of us including @Ministry of Painthink DeVonta Smith is as good if not better than Waddle. Grier also traded up in the 2nd to get Liam Eichenberg, costing us a high 2022 3rd round pick. Multiple miscalculations by Grier.

Miami is "competing" with these teams for the worst record: HOU, DET, NYJ, JAX, NYG, ATL. We play 4 of them in the next 7 weeks. IMO, the likely range of outcomes is 1.03 to 1.05. ATL comes to Hard Rock stadium this Sunday. We have the SF first rounders in 2022 (currently 1.13) and 2023. 

In Miami, we're thinking more losses will end the Grier era faster. Grier got tremendous value with the trade down with SF, but lost most of it with the trade up with PHI to get Waddle who is averaging 8 ypr, although that's partly on the 3-headed offensive play calling. Most of us including @Ministry of Painthink DeVonta Smith is as good if not better than Waddle. Grier also traded up in the 2nd to get Liam Eichenberg, costing us a high 2022 3rd round pick. Multiple miscalculations by Grier.

Miami is "competing" with these teams for the worst record: HOU, DET, NYJ, JAX, NYG, ATL. We play 4 of them in the next 7 weeks. IMO, the likely range of outcomes is 1.03 to 1.05. ATL comes to Hard Rock stadium this Sunday. We have the SF first rounders in 2022 (currently 1.13) and 2023. 
Yea so far that's looking like a bad trade for Miami.  Last year was the statistical outlier for WR's with so many succeeding (f'n Reagor).  But you typically have just as many misses at WR high as you do hits.

Insein said:
People keep saying this but if the colts are 2-9 buried in the playoff standings, they would be very tempted to pack it in. 
Honestly. I would LOVE to see how this plays out. Exactly like this, they are 2-9, The CW has 95% of all snaps and basically "they must bench him the rest of the season" to cancel the potential of it being a 1st round pick. 

A lot of people think Carson Wentz would react negatively to this (considering how he reacted when a benching was deserved, and if he keeps putting up good stats but they keep racking up L's. )

I think a big missing "What would happen" in this scenario is how the Owner would react. He doesn't seem to be having "fun" and I'm not sure he'd approve of a "tank to save the pick" type of move. 

Just talking outloud about this b/c this Colts situation is something that we will weekly pontificate about. 

For them to go 2-9 they'd have to lose to SF, as well as Ten, Jets AND Jacksonville at home.  There's a good chance they'll lose on the road @ Buffalo...  But most likely scenario, imo is that after week 11 they'll be either 6-5 or 5-6.

For them to go 2-9 they'd have to lose to SF, as well as Ten, Jets AND Jacksonville at home.  There's a good chance they'll lose on the road @ Buffalo...  But most likely scenario, imo is that after week 11 they'll be either 6-5 or 5-6.

Yeah, given their schedule, and that division, I think it is WAY more likely Wentz gets hurt before playing Game 13 than the Colts being so far out of it by Game 13 that they bench him.

So nothing to worry about so long as Carson stays healthy. 

Interesting tidbit on Ertz's SB52 touchdown in Peter King's column this week:

I don’t want to let this week go by without a tribute to Zach Ertz, traded to Arizona on Friday. Zach Ertz scored the most important touchdown in the 88-year history of the Eagles. Let’s go back to February 2018, to Super Bowl 52, and let me tell you the story. If you love the Eagles, you may not need to be reminded—it may be seared on your brain.

With 2:25 left in the fourth quarter, Philadelphia trailed New England 33-32. Eagles ball, third-and-seven, at the New England 11. Coach Doug Pederson said into quarterback Nick Foles’ helmet, “Wristband 145. Wristband 145!” For this Super Bowl, Foles had 194 plays in tiny agate type on the wristband. Pederson scanned all his third-down calls and found number 145, a triple-bunch formation clustered to the right, a speedy back in Star motion (sprintout motion), and Ertz alone at the left of the formation. In the huddle, Foles found 145 on his wrist and said, “Gun trey left, open buster star motion, 383 X follow Y slant.”

From the NFL Films wiring of the game, Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia said on the sidelines: “Third-down here. We’re gonna have to double 86.”

On the biggest play of the game, the Patriots planned to double Ertz. And the Patriots messed up, big-time. The Eagles thought if they put running back Corey Clement in motion to the right as the fourth option on the right, safety Duron Harmon would leave the double-team on Ertz to follow the speedy Clement. As I wrote a week later: “So the Patriots did not double 86. How does Patricia’s communication not get to the field on the biggest play of the season—or how do the Patriots not account for the real possibility of the safety vacating his space to follow a motion man? That’s something that will haunt the Patriots, the way they’ve haunted so many teams since the turn of the century.”

Pre-snap, Clement sprinted behind Foles to the right, and the lone center-fielding safety for New England, Harmon, followed. At the snap, four Patriots rushed, and linebacker Kyle Van Noy stayed in sort of no man’s land at the 12, apparently to spy Foles. Five Patriots minded the four Philly receivers—including an open Clement—to the right. Foles stared at Ertz from the start. Single coverage. A dream.

Then McCourty slipped. Ertz had a clear half-step on him, running right across the formation. Foles cocked to throw and, in what no one noticed, came down to about three-quarters delivery, seemingly in mid-motion, to evade the raised arms of Van Noy. The ball hit Ertz in stride. Ertz took one step, two, and got hit in the legs by McCourty and dove for the end zone. Touchdown. The play survived a replay review focusing on an Ertz bobble; he was a runner, ref Gene Steratore ruled, and thus only had to break the plane of the goal line with possession for the play to be a touchdown.

The Eagles won the game of course, 41-33. And it was Ertz this franchise trusted to win on the biggest play of the game. If you’re an Eagles fan, and you see Ertz in an airport or anywhere in the next 50 years, you owe it to Ertz for his role in the greatest football game of your life. You owe him this: “Thank you.”

Then McCourty slipped. Ertz had a clear half-step on him, running right across the formation. Foles cocked to throw and, in what no one noticed, came down to about three-quarters delivery, seemingly in mid-motion, to evade the raised arms of Van Noy. The ball hit Ertz in stride. Ertz took one step, two, and got hit in the legs by McCourty and dove for the end zone. Touchdown. The play survived a replay review focusing on an Ertz bobble; he was a runner, ref Gene Steratore ruled, and thus only had to break the plane of the goal line with possession for the play to be a touchdown.
veteran move for Foles, too. funny the two players responsible for this play are both castoffs now. tis the nature of sports i guess, next man up. salute :suds:

This got me curious.  I took a quick look at the Eagles current roster and only came up with 10 guys that were on the Super Bowl team (3 of whom are on IR).
Was thinking this the other day. My son has a super bowl poster on the wall and Ertz was the last hold out of the 6 players on it to still be an Eagle. 

veteran move for Foles, too. funny the two players responsible for this play are both castoffs now. tis the nature of sports i guess, next man up. salute :suds:

The Eagles in 2017 had one of the most balanced and productive offensive Super Bowls ever. Consider:

• Foles: 373 yards passing, 3 TD's, 1 Int, 1 TD reception for 1 yard
  • Burton: 1 TD pass for 1 yard
  • Blount: 90 yards rushing, 1 Rushing TD
  • Ajayi: 57 yards rushing
  • Clement: 8 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving, 1 receiving TD
  • Jeffery: 3 catches for 73 yards, 1 receiving TD
  • Smith: 5 catches for 49 yards
  • Agholor: 9 catches for 84 yards
  • Ertz: 7 catches for 67 yards, 1 receiving TD
So 7 non QB's with at least 49 yards of offense. Other than Ertz with his best season in 2018, none of those players really did much after that Super Bowl. That Super Bowl run is a true anomaly which makes what the Eagles are going through now much more bearable.

Honestly. I would LOVE to see how this plays out. Exactly like this, they are 2-9, The CW has 95% of all snaps and basically "they must bench him the rest of the season" to cancel the potential of it being a 1st round pick. 

A lot of people think Carson Wentz would react negatively to this (considering how he reacted when a benching was deserved, and if he keeps putting up good stats but they keep racking up L's. )

I think a big missing "What would happen" in this scenario is how the Owner would react. He doesn't seem to be having "fun" and I'm not sure he'd approve of a "tank to save the pick" type of move. 

Just talking outloud about this b/c this Colts situation is something that we will weekly pontificate about. 
Why stop there? If guys are close to an incentive that gets them extra money, just bench them and save the cash! 

The optics and backlash from the league and other owners would be bad. Teams don’t do things like this with ANY picks. It’s in the teams best interest to get a good QB and despite their record, if he’s playing well that’s what they want. They won’t want to let a good QB go to try and get another good QB. They can literally look at us as a reason why not to do that lol

Why stop there? If guys are close to an incentive that gets them extra money, just bench them and save the cash! 

The optics and backlash from the league and other owners would be bad. Teams don’t do things like this with ANY picks. It’s in the teams best interest to get a good QB and despite their record, if he’s playing well that’s what they want. They won’t want to let a good QB go to try and get another good QB. They can literally look at us as a reason why not to do that lol
Yeah man. Its crazy how many takes I have seen "they'll just bench him to save the pick" from schmoes like me to national talking heads. Never gonna happen. 

Makes sense. It's not a commonly accepted thing in the macho world of football to take leave for but it's just as critical. Can't play if your head is not right. 

Eagles should get a lot of props for how this was handled. Nothing ever leaked to the media either and kept it between Lane and the Team probably some of the players too. Lane and Brooks both deal with Anxiety issues and there was a story in the past about them helping one another. It's weird but whenever one or the other doesn't play for a long stretch the other starts having more attacks. 

This also shows how far the NFL has come when dealing with these issues. 

Yeah man. Its crazy how many takes I have seen "they'll just bench him to save the pick" from schmoes like me to national talking heads. Never gonna happen. 

Plus Hard Knocks is doing an In season production this year for the first time and Guess which team is lucky enough? Yep The Colts. It'd be dumb of them while being documented to do such a thing. 

We should send Nick a copy of this report. I like the part in the other section that OU uses a highly schemed offense with misdirection and deception elements yet Nick's offense doesn't really use it. We have the read option but that's about it. 

The more I think about it I believe Hurts is a selfish quarterback. Probably why he doesn't give the ball to Sanders much on RPO's. It's like Hurts has the option he's keeping it.

I’ve posted that since we got him and it’s held true the entire time  

We should send Nick a copy of this report. I like the part in the other section that OU uses a highly schemed offense with misdirection and deception elements yet Nick's offense doesn't really use it. We have the read option but that's about it. 

The more I think about it I believe Hurts is a selfish quarterback. Probably why he doesn't give the ball to Sanders much on RPO's. It's like Hurts has the option he's keeping it.
He’s not selfish. He’s just very limited in what he can do and how he sees the field. Doug used him the exact same way last year.

Nah that's not his style.  He's just not that good

Philly could potentially be holding the No 1 pick in the Draft next season all but ensuring they are going to take a QB if that should happen. 

-I understand you all think MoP overreacting butthurt fanboy crying in 2021 Cheerios and you would be partially right but I can systematically line by line show you that Miami has a chance to really nose dive the rest of the way and losing games to Jax that should be almost auto-wins, I question if we can even get a split with the Jets at this point. 

-ATL @Buf, HOU(irony in this one runs thick), BAL 59-10 all over again 

2-8 maybe at that point with about 6-7 games left with no real stud at QB, they might scrape another win or two but you all are staring at a Top 5 pick just about any way I look at it. That plus your other 1st round picks and any other trades and moves a long the way, you guys could stack up quick and you're going to need to in order to catch up to those Cowboys which have taken a big leap forward I think if Dak can not get injured, they're tough to beat. 

You guys are going to run the 2022 Draft for the most part, great job getting yourselves into position. 

You want to know how Philly luck works? We hype up all these early picks only for us to keep Howie, pick the guy who wasn’t the consensus top guy and than trade the other early one :lmao:
Hopefully Howie learned his lesson. Like this year's draft. He went Bama- Bama- right out of the gate. No messing around with TCU or Cal or any of that nonsense. 

Insein said:
Hopefully Howie learned his lesson. Like this year's draft. He went Bama- Bama- right out of the gate. No messing around with TCU or Cal or any of that nonsense. 
I agree and hope that’s the direction we take. I also want 3 stud defenders and I don’t really care which positions outside of LBer. Get the best one of those and add a stud one in FA 

I agree and hope that’s the direction we take. I also want 3 stud defenders and I don’t really care which positions outside of LBer. Get the best one of those and add a stud one in FA 
Only reason I don't see them doing that is because they don't pay for the position. That's why if they draft a stud LB he's cheap for 3-4 years and then you can either move on or pay your own player. 

Gannon took a page out of the "Mike Groh gas lighting us about Mack Hollins grading out highly even though he had no catches" playbook:

Q. Why hasn’t DE Ryan Kerrigan been productive? (Dave Zangaro)

JONATHAN GANNON: On the stat sheet you mean? Because in my opinion, he has been productive.

How would I quantify that is he lines up, he gets aligned the correct way, he plays with his eyes the right way, he’s asked to do the techniques that we’re asking him to do and he’s playing winning football within his role.

What I mean by that is, like somebody that makes a tackle on a run, well, [DE] Ryan [Kerrigan] helped that guy make that tackle by how he crushed the block. 
:rolleyes:  I understand not wanting to bad mouth a player, but you can still be honest without throwing him under the bus with something like "We think he needs to step up" or "Ryan will be the first to tell you he needs to get more involved."

Gannon took a page out of the "Mike Groh gas lighting us about Mack Hollins grading out highly even though he had no catches" playbook:

:rolleyes:  I understand not wanting to bad mouth a player, but you can still be honest without throwing him under the bus with something like "We think he needs to step up" or "Ryan will be the first to tell you he needs to get more involved."
I forgot Kerrigan was even on the team

jon007 said:

I forget who wrote this and I think it was a tweet from Crossing Broad Kevin Kinkead, Shaun Huaff of SI or what but they said Sirianni incorporated a lot of the OU/'Bama stuff into the offense that worked for Hurts in College. Someone on reddit suggested maybe Hurts is seeing what Lamar Jackson is doing and thinks he can do it. I think Lamar is completely overrated but I will say he has one big thing Hurts doesn't. That's playmaking threat to take one 75 yards for a house call at any moment running skills that WRs like Hill has. Hurts is a good runner but he doesn't have that threat as a QB. Hurts says all the right things to the media but I'm starting to think one of the reasons Saban Benched him at "Bama wasn't just because of his inabilities as a passer but his selfishness on things like read options and RPO's. However to latch on what @Bigboy10182000said he has a poor skillset, doesn't read the defense well and has a lot of other short comings. 

Again I'm not faulting Hurts for not playing like a starter. The Eagles just should've never have drafted him that early though. Hurts has shown some ability to play in the NFL but that ability seems limited as a Bridge QB possible/High end Back up. Nothing wrong with that besides the fact we drafted him despite other needs and pissed off our former starting QB who right now is playing better and better by the week and looking like the QB we had in 2017. 

Conspiracy theory possible or maybe just a solid thought. 

I was talking to a friend just now and we were discussing the differences how media and fans treated both Carson Wentz and Ben Simmons since they were drafted till now here. We concluded Ben got coddled till the final straw where a lot of people didn't like Wentz from day 1. 

That brought us to the discussion my friend pointing out the hatred McNabb got when here and thought a lot of people disliked him not because of his performances, but because they were dead set on Ricky Willams at all costs (Hindsight should've been pulling for Edgerrin James). And people hated McNabb no matter what he did. It brought me to remember (Many here would agree) the debate between Eagles fans wasn't which QB to take (Goff/Wentz), despite some talk on it. It was Zeke Elliot or Carson Wentz and people were deadset on Elliot. I think seeing how Elliot's career has been compared to Carson's, the hatred just grew more. I think Wentz was in his right to be mad at the Eagles and honestly any Pro athlete would be as well.

This isn't saying some fault to Carson isn't deserved though. Just that certain people's biases have fueled the hatred and will never give him credit where it is deserved. They lached on to Foles and then Hurts to defend the hatred of Wentz. In reality they only dislike the guy because their guy wasn't drafted here.  

Conspiracy theory possible or maybe just a solid thought. 

I was talking to a friend just now and we were discussing the differences how media and fans treated both Carson Wentz and Ben Simmons since they were drafted till now here. We concluded Ben got coddled till the final straw where a lot of people didn't like Wentz from day 1. 

That brought us to the discussion my friend pointing out the hatred McNabb got when here and thought a lot of people disliked him not because of his performances, but because they were dead set on Ricky Willams at all costs (Hindsight should've been pulling for Edgerrin James). And people hated McNabb no matter what he did. It brought me to remember (Many here would agree) the debate between Eagles fans wasn't which QB to take (Goff/Wentz), despite some talk on it. It was Zeke Elliot or Carson Wentz and people were deadset on Elliot. I think seeing how Elliot's career has been compared to Carson's, the hatred just grew more. I think Wentz was in his right to be mad at the Eagles and honestly any Pro athlete would be as well.

This isn't saying some fault to Carson isn't deserved though. Just that certain people's biases have fueled the hatred and will never give him credit where it is deserved. They lached on to Foles and then Hurts to defend the hatred of Wentz. In reality they only dislike the guy because their guy wasn't drafted here.  
That is absolute nonsense.  It's the literal opposite of a "solid thought".  People loved Wentz until his play went downhill. Nobody thought we were taking Zeke -  and CERTAINLY no one after the fact thought we should have taken him. Elliot was a waste of a pick that high.

You have a very weird fanboy approach to Wentz.  I'm pretty sure its why you have an irrational hatred of Hurts tbh.  We all know Hurts is unlikely to be the guy long term, but you froth at the mouth to bash him, where most of us at least root for the guy to prove us wrong. But because you're so heartbroken over Wentz, you can't see straight. 

Look - Wentz left you.  I'm sorry it hurt you so bad, but he did.  The denial and anger stages of your grief will pass - we just have to focus on acceptance now. If Wentz wanted to be here, he would be.  I know its hard to accept when you love someone, but we need to move past that.

That is absolute nonsense.  It's the literal opposite of a "solid thought".  People loved Wentz until his play went downhill. Nobody thought we were taking Zeke -  and CERTAINLY no one after the fact thought we should have taken him. Elliot was a waste of a pick that high.

You have a very weird fanboy approach to Wentz.  I'm pretty sure its why you have an irrational hatred of Hurts tbh.  We all know Hurts is unlikely to be the guy long term, but you froth at the mouth to bash him, where most of us at least root for the guy to prove us wrong. But because you're so heartbroken over Wentz, you can't see straight. 

Look - Wentz left you.  I'm sorry it hurt you so bad, but he did.  The denial and anger stages of your grief will pass - we just have to focus on acceptance now. If Wentz wanted to be here, he would be.  I know its hard to accept when you love someone, but we need to move past that.

Wentz was no where near as coddled as Ben was by fans and even during the 2017 season there was a lot of hatred towards Carson. Even after we won the SB we had people wanting to trade Wentz to keep Foles and people wanting to get rid of Pederson and Wentz saying it was just all luck. Carson was always talked about by former coaches and ex teammates in a good way. Scouting reports on Ben had red flags written all over it on his way of acting. 

It's not a fanboy approach. I'm actually looking at this with info outside of what the typical fan has thanks to luck of actually knowing people who were around this issues on an everyday bases. There's people who legit think Jim Schwartz left for health issues but he pulled an Urban Meyer. He left because he got lazy. My co workers son was actually coaching that defense for most of last season (With very little to no prior calling plays and other stuff a DC does mind you) because Schwartz was a lazy ####### and Doug didn't have the balls to get rid of Schwartz or even tell the dude he had a job to do. plus Schwartz got his SB win finally as a coach and got even lazier. Add in the fact I'm sure he knew of the talk of Lurie wanting to fire him after the SB despite the win I'm sure that didn't sit well with him. My Co-worker's son main boss outside of Schwartz Cory Udlin left because he couldn't stand working with JS anymore. He literally told the Eagles if Schwartz was going to be there last year he'd like the opportunity to look else where as the Eagles had blocked several past promotional chance interviews for him. 

The Doug/Carson break up a lot of stuff was fabricated or completely false. For example Carson ignoring Doug's texts and calls. It was more like Carson wasn't texting or calling Doug as much but it wasn't because they had a fractured relationship it was because Carson realized his football IQ was a lot higher then a lot of coaches he had. I mean PressTaylor was too buddy buddy with him. Might have been the only coach who seemed to be pretty IQ. A lot of the coaches in fact had certain players they were too buddy buddy with and didn't coach up. Carson was promised when the anonymous player who gave stuff to the writer would be dealt with would be punished. Well it was Alshon and what did they do? They used Mac Hollins as a scape goat (As he was friends with Alshon) as a scapegoat and rewarded Alshon with an extension. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff people don't realize that went on. 

Not saying Carson doesn't have his faults he does trust me. One of the issues guys had with him is because of his faith rubbed people the wrong way. People who didn't know him as well felt he was too preachy and came off as do as I say not as a do type on religion. As well as the fact some people felt he looked down on those who didn't believe in his faith. But no one ever said or thought Carson did it to be mean spirited or intentionally. 

I mean McNabb was one of our best QBs since Jaws and people hate guy? I get it since retiring McNabb isn't much of a fan favorite but that's doesn't discredit what he did as a player. Sure he didn't win the big one and some of that is on him but I also think one way or another the team and org itself has a lot of blame there too. I mean look at all the people who still hate Andy Reid and hated he even won a SB. Best HC in franchise history didn't win the big one but continued success for over a decade is hard in the NFL and considering where we were at the time when he came in I say he deserves a ton of credit. 

Yes I've bad mouthed Hurts but it's not like the criticism on Hurts hasn't been deserved either. I just find it funny the excuses people use to badmouth Wentz and then try to compare him to Simmons who's acted this way his entire life but now people are surprised with Simmons actions? Please the red flags were there day 1 and Carson was not catered to the extent Ben got from the Sixers ever. The 76ers bent over for Simmons constantly. One of the reasons people have so many hot takes in this town is because of all the jabronies on radio with hot takes. Our media isn't any better and they hire some of the most softest reporters ever. The fans then expect hard hitting questions to get answers but then when a reporter does the fans cry about it.  This city sports fans wise is so bi-polar anymore. 

I mean honestly I just find it funny how some media and fans think of certain athletes or coaches compared to how their peers view them and people who are with them daily. It's nice when you can get two sides to the story and I've always said this when I've talked to people on wrestling stuff. Know who you're talking to and what biases they may or may not have is key. Unfortunately I think a lot of these media heads have sources who are completely biased and the reporter is more interested in a clickbait story for views rather than getting an actual story. Because honestly what gets more views today? The cool charity thing player or team does or the juicy anonymous source says X about player/coach being a malcontent? I said this in the Grudden thread but would anyone be surprised if ESPN covered up the Grudden emails for this long? I know I wouldn't. Knowing someone who has worked there in the past the stories Ive heard would make me not want to work there. I mean do people know the true history of Walt Disney who was an absolute terrible person? 

Look at the news and what stories dominate the headlines? Murders, corruption etc. The cool thing someone did for Charity or feel good story gets completely buried sometimes gets a 1 min coverage at the end of the broadcast. This isn't me bragging how I know certain people or stuff either. This is me saying it's nice to get multiple sides to something so you can make your own opinions rather then relying on anonymous sources and media hot takes and virtue signaling for the benefit of getting ratings and making money. Long gone are the days of actual reporting. Surely you remember DeSean Jacksons release and NJ.com article on gang ties? The whole thing was so out of proportion people found loop holes in several stories. Long time DeSean Jackson hater Paul Domowitch (who lightened up over the years on it) was one of the first to even refute some of the allegations and was the first to have a full length breakdown on the multiple holes in stories with actual facts and sourced info even work cited in a full Paige in he Inquire. The reporters of the article. were One was Mark Eckel who later apologized and the other was WIP employees Elliot Shor Parks. Both were lucky as they could've lost their jobs and had legal action taken against them if Jackson hadn't found a team and could prove himself that the article was defamation and reason he didn't have a job. That's just one of many instances in sports. The other was AJ Perez but ESP and Eckel were the main ones rolling with it. 

No one also wanted to write a report how Malcom Jenkins during the whole players coalition tried to reach out to Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid but when both were out of the spotlight and didn't get their way threw temper tantrums and left and ignored Jenkins and other members. Then CK made false allegations with his agent about Jenkins and other NFLPA members. But why would anyone want to report that because it goes against what the hot topic of the situation was. I was Told by at least 6 different people if Jenkins wanted too he could've taken CK to court and completely ended him for the defamation suit but we all know Jenkins is a much better person and chose to look like the better man. People complain why the NFLPA didn't more to help Colin? The Jenkins incident for one thing. Jenkins is so respected around the league the other Union reps were appalled by his and Reid's behavior. Eric Reid continued even going so far when he signed with Carolina to disparage Jenkins and went as far as trying to take cheap shots at Eagles players it was so blatant the fox commentary team even commented on Reid's behavior. All of this despite Jenkins continued support of saying he thinks CK should be playing and wishes Eric Reid Well. But again that goes against what the media wanted. If CK and Reid didn't throw temper tantrums and respectful to the rest of the group maybe they'd have more backers defending them. 

Point is you need to take what the media puts out with huge grains of salt at times. Most have an agenda. Very few actual journalists left out there. It's why away from sports I go through independent news sources because they won't report on the real issues. That's boring to most people. When it comes to sports I just ask around to people who may not know. Sometimes I get stuff sometimes I don't. Sometimes I get stuff without asking for it Either way I'm fortunate enough I can look at other sides of a situation on these things. Obviously we will never get full stories. 

I mean honestly I just find it funny how some media and fans think of certain athletes or coaches compared to how their peers view them and people who are with them daily. It's nice when you can get two sides to the story and I've always said this when I've talked to people on wrestling stuff. Know who you're talking to and what biases they may or may not have is key. Unfortunately I think a lot of these media heads have sources who are completely biased and the reporter is more interested in a clickbait story for views rather than getting an actual story. Because honestly what gets more views today? The cool charity thing player or team does or the juicy anonymous source says X about player/coach being a malcontent? I said this in the Grudden thread but would anyone be surprised if ESPN covered up the Grudden emails for this long? I know I wouldn't. Knowing someone who has worked there in the past the stories Ive heard would make me not want to work there. I mean do people know the true history of Walt Disney who was an absolute terrible person? 

Look at the news and what stories dominate the headlines? Murders, corruption etc. The cool thing someone did for Charity or feel good story gets completely buried sometimes gets a 1 min coverage at the end of the broadcast. This isn't me bragging how I know certain people or stuff either. This is me saying it's nice to get multiple sides to something so you can make your own opinions rather then relying on anonymous sources and media hot takes and virtue signaling for the benefit of getting ratings and making money. Long gone are the days of actual reporting. Surely you remember DeSean Jacksons release and NJ.com article on gang ties? The whole thing was so out of proportion people found loop holes in several stories. Long time DeSean Jackson hater Paul Domowitch (who lightened up over the years on it) was one of the first to even refute some of the allegations and was the first to have a full length breakdown on the multiple holes in stories with actual facts and sourced info even work cited in a full Paige in he Inquire. The reporters of the article. were One was Mark Eckel who later apologized and the other was WIP employees Elliot Shor Parks. Both were lucky as they could've lost their jobs and had legal action taken against them if Jackson hadn't found a team and could prove himself that the article was defamation and reason he didn't have a job. That's just one of many instances in sports. The other was AJ Perez but ESP and Eckel were the main ones rolling with it. 

No one also wanted to write a report how Malcom Jenkins during the whole players coalition tried to reach out to Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid but when both were out of the spotlight and didn't get their way threw temper tantrums and left and ignored Jenkins and other members. Then CK made false allegations with his agent about Jenkins and other NFLPA members. But why would anyone want to report that because it goes against what the hot topic of the situation was. I was Told by at least 6 different people if Jenkins wanted too he could've taken CK to court and completely ended him for the defamation suit but we all know Jenkins is a much better person and chose to look like the better man. People complain why the NFLPA didn't more to help Colin? The Jenkins incident for one thing. Jenkins is so respected around the league the other Union reps were appalled by his and Reid's behavior. Eric Reid continued even going so far when he signed with Carolina to disparage Jenkins and went as far as trying to take cheap shots at Eagles players it was so blatant the fox commentary team even commented on Reid's behavior. All of this despite Jenkins continued support of saying he thinks CK should be playing and wishes Eric Reid Well. But again that goes against what the media wanted. If CK and Reid didn't throw temper tantrums and respectful to the rest of the group maybe they'd have more backers defending them. 

Point is you need to take what the media puts out with huge grains of salt at times. Most have an agenda. Very few actual journalists left out there. It's why away from sports I go through independent news sources because they won't report on the real issues. That's boring to most people. When it comes to sports I just ask around to people who may not know. Sometimes I get stuff sometimes I don't. Sometimes I get stuff without asking for it Either way I'm fortunate enough I can look at other sides of a situation on these things. Obviously we will never get full stories. 

Also to add to this to go recently we have people mad at Adam Scheftar saying he should lose his job? For what? He's not a real journalist he's an insider. I think Crossing Broad did a great job on an article explaining why what Scheftar did is pretty common in the business and any blue check mark on twitter complaining who claims to be a journalists but aren't are fulling themselves and putting a false image out to not look bad. If Adam wasn't crossing the line a little and doing give and take with sources how do people expect to get certain info? 

Some of my sources especially wrestling know I write on forums and social media. Sometimes I'm told stuff then 10 minutes later I'll get don't post that one for whatever reason. But I'll get a hey if you don't post that I'll get you a bigger story later. I don't post stuff just for the ""hey everyone pay attention to me". I sometimes just give stuff out that I think make good topic discussions or a hey thats interesting. Jason Kelce''s FIL does work at my store. We talk and he's told me stuff about Jason ad the team. However theres stuff he's just told me others wouldn't can't say either. And no in case anyone is wondering I haven't been told when Kelce is hanging up the pads. But that's the type of relationship you have in the industry. I don't claim to be important or work in the industry. I just know how it works. If you are gonna try to act like Mother Teressa every day in Scheftars cut throat business or any with Insiders you might as well quit because you won't have any success.

Sometimes the stuff I write I got angers people either jealously or they don't believe it or it doesn't fit an agenda they have. I really don't care. I just throw stuff out as another perspective. What I do care about is even after giving out that info say some people continue to Drag a person through the mud when told hey you might want to read this first maybe it;ll put things in perspective for you on the situation. 

Either way I know I'm not the only person who's said this but hey whatever helps you sleep at night keep believing that. Even people who don't have the info I did are completely saying I don't blame Carson for leaving either.  

Wentz was no where near as coddled as Ben was by fans and even during the 2017 season there was a lot of hatred towards Carson. Even after we won the SB we had people wanting to trade Wentz to keep Foles and people wanting to get rid of Pederson and Wentz saying it was just all luck. Carson was always talked about by former coaches and ex teammates in a good way. Scouting reports on Ben had red flags written all over it on his way of acting. 

It's not a fanboy approach. I'm actually looking at this with info outside of what the typical fan has thanks to luck of actually knowing people who were around this issues on an everyday bases. There's people who legit think Jim Schwartz left for health issues but he pulled an Urban Meyer. He left because he got lazy. My co workers son was actually coaching that defense for most of last season (With very little to no prior calling plays and other stuff a DC does mind you) because Schwartz was a lazy ####### and Doug didn't have the balls to get rid of Schwartz or even tell the dude he had a job to do. plus Schwartz got his SB win finally as a coach and got even lazier. Add in the fact I'm sure he knew of the talk of Lurie wanting to fire him after the SB despite the win I'm sure that didn't sit well with him. My Co-worker's son main boss outside of Schwartz Cory Udlin left because he couldn't stand working with JS anymore. He literally told the Eagles if Schwartz was going to be there last year he'd like the opportunity to look else where as the Eagles had blocked several past promotional chance interviews for him. 

The Doug/Carson break up a lot of stuff was fabricated or completely false. For example Carson ignoring Doug's texts and calls. It was more like Carson wasn't texting or calling Doug as much but it wasn't because they had a fractured relationship it was because Carson realized his football IQ was a lot higher then a lot of coaches he had. I mean PressTaylor was too buddy buddy with him. Might have been the only coach who seemed to be pretty IQ. A lot of the coaches in fact had certain players they were too buddy buddy with and didn't coach up. Carson was promised when the anonymous player who gave stuff to the writer would be dealt with would be punished. Well it was Alshon and what did they do? They used Mac Hollins as a scape goat (As he was friends with Alshon) as a scapegoat and rewarded Alshon with an extension. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff people don't realize that went on. 

Not saying Carson doesn't have his faults he does trust me. One of the issues guys had with him is because of his faith rubbed people the wrong way. People who didn't know him as well felt he was too preachy and came off as do as I say not as a do type on religion. As well as the fact some people felt he looked down on those who didn't believe in his faith. But no one ever said or thought Carson did it to be mean spirited or intentionally. 

I mean McNabb was one of our best QBs since Jaws and people hate guy? I get it since retiring McNabb isn't much of a fan favorite but that's doesn't discredit what he did as a player. Sure he didn't win the big one and some of that is on him but I also think one way or another the team and org itself has a lot of blame there too. I mean look at all the people who still hate Andy Reid and hated he even won a SB. Best HC in franchise history didn't win the big one but continued success for over a decade is hard in the NFL and considering where we were at the time when he came in I say he deserves a ton of credit. 

Yes I've bad mouthed Hurts but it's not like the criticism on Hurts hasn't been deserved either. I just find it funny the excuses people use to badmouth Wentz and then try to compare him to Simmons who's acted this way his entire life but now people are surprised with Simmons actions? Please the red flags were there day 1 and Carson was not catered to the extent Ben got from the Sixers ever. The 76ers bent over for Simmons constantly. One of the reasons people have so many hot takes in this town is because of all the jabronies on radio with hot takes. Our media isn't any better and they hire some of the most softest reporters ever. The fans then expect hard hitting questions to get answers but then when a reporter does the fans cry about it.  This city sports fans wise is so bi-polar anymore. 
Your experience is obviously different, but every Eagles fan I know loved Wentz from the day they drafted him until mid way through last season.  I know at least 1 cat and one 3 year old boy named Carson because of how much someone loved Wentz.   I also don't remember one person I talked to that even considered keeping Foles over Wentz. Being happy that Foles won a Super Bowl isn't somehow hating Wentz.

I also stopped listening to WIP years ago so maybe I missed a lot of stupid stuff.

Also to add to this to go recently we have people mad at Adam Scheftar saying he should lose his job? For what? He's not a real journalist he's an insider. I think Crossing Broad did a great job on an article explaining why what Scheftar did is pretty common in the business and any blue check mark on twitter complaining who claims to be a journalists but aren't are fulling themselves and putting a false image out to not look bad. If Adam wasn't crossing the line a little and doing give and take with sources how do people expect to get certain info? 

Some of my sources especially wrestling know I write on forums and social media. Sometimes I'm told stuff then 10 minutes later I'll get don't post that one for whatever reason. But I'll get a hey if you don't post that I'll get you a bigger story later. I don't post stuff just for the ""hey everyone pay attention to me". I sometimes just give stuff out that I think make good topic discussions or a hey thats interesting. Jason Kelce''s FIL does work at my store. We talk and he's told me stuff about Jason ad the team. However theres stuff he's just told me others wouldn't can't say either. And no in case anyone is wondering I haven't been told when Kelce is hanging up the pads. But that's the type of relationship you have in the industry. I don't claim to be important or work in the industry. I just know how it works. If you are gonna try to act like Mother Teressa every day in Scheftars cut throat business or any with Insiders you might as well quit because you won't have any success.

Sometimes the stuff I write I got angers people either jealously or they don't believe it or it doesn't fit an agenda they have. I really don't care. I just throw stuff out as another perspective. What I do care about is even after giving out that info say some people continue to Drag a person through the mud when told hey you might want to read this first maybe it;ll put things in perspective for you on the situation. 

Either way I know I'm not the only person who's said this but hey whatever helps you sleep at night keep believing that. Even people who don't have the info I did are completely saying I don't blame Carson for leaving either.  
Can I order this in audio version? 😬

it was more than weird that Gainwell didn't get a single carry last week. i know how far fetched this sounds, but any chance Sanders was being showcased before the trade deadline? there has been zero mention of this in the media so i know it's a reach. i mean, feels like good and good for both backs if they move sanders and there are teams out there getting close to desperate to generate value here.

Users who are viewing this thread