What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (9 Viewers)

Wait, what?!  This isn't real right?  Those 2 do a podcast together.
Maybe it wasn't Les but he had an altercation with a memeber of the Press awhile back and I'm combining two incidents into one. During the Cowboys game New Years day 2017 Jeff was ejected for discussing a penalty too loudly with other members of the media. The Eagles ejected him for fan code of conduct. There was another incident with a media member around the same time where he did get physical. For some reason I keep thinking it's Bowen but I'm most likely wrong 

Yes I was a huge Randal Cunningham fan growing up but since then every team in the NFL is trying to chase and find the next Randall that will never happen nor come close. The reason Randall was so successful was he was ahead of his time as an athlete when the league defensively had a lot of slower Dline and LBs. A Luke Kueckly back then would've a terror in the league and god like.

Randall is why I started following the NFL and became an Eagles fan.  When I started watching I couldn't understand people went on about Joe Montana  ("he just throws all these short, easy passes.  Whatever."), but Randall running around like a madman launching rockets downfield had me 😍

Tom Hagen said:
If Julio catches that pass in 2017 is there any way Doug and Howie are here next year?
Or if Mills is called for PI in the EZ. I'm an Eagles fan but good god Mills got away twice with interfering with Julio. I get allowing them to play and not allow a Penalty to decide the game but it was kind of blatant. Not NO/LAR blatant but enough I was shocked flags weren't thrown. 

My answer though is I doubt they'd be here. 

Another solid UDFA for Howie and his team. Another Pacific islander too. Whoever identifies talent in the UDFAs needs to move up the scouting pecking order. 
Until I looked it up when you mentioned Islands never realized he was a Hawaii kid. These Hawaiian Athletes seem to do well in Philly. Maybe sign more of these young Bulls to our sports teams 

Wait, what?!  This isn't real right?  Those 2 do a podcast together.
I also got roles reversed. I forgot why it happened but Les Bowen Punched McLane. I've been told by a few media people that McLane is a huge blowhard and my one guy said today Jeff is a the biggest b**ch in media he's ever met. Dude does stuff to inflame and get a reaction and then when he gets called out he plays victim. For whatever reason the Inquire defends his nonsense as well as they believe he's good friends with one of the higher ups. He's the guy who thinks he knows better then everyone but comes off as incredible cocky and rude. But to answer your question it's real and Les Bowen did punch him at the Novacare Complex in a public incident in front of numerous players and employees. They've since made up though and others in the Eagles Beat have Said Les is a better man then I because I never would've apologized to Jeff. He's one of those people who deserved it but that just shows you how good of a person Les is. 

I found the story. Of corse it started over twitter. McLane wrote despite a bone bruise he was told Vick would start the next Sunday game. Les then wrote something sarcastic about how no one really knows if Vick would start and from Andy on Monday who said "he hoped Vick could start" it was quite obvious nothing was certain. McLane put up tweets he took down calling Les a reporter who steals stories and told him if he (Jeff) is right he has to come on Daily News live (the then weekly sports talk show on Comcast Sportsnet since removed) that he's a hack reporter who hasn't broken a story in years and has to have an editor keep his blog fresh."  Bowen then tweeted to someone else he'd handle his business in person not through twitter. Les walked into the media room shortly before Big Reds presser and with his space and Jeff's on opposite sides walked in with some extra get up and yelled to Jeff who the F are you to question my professionalism. and that he didn't take kindly to Jeff airing his issues with him in a public forum. Bowen calls Jeff an insecure piece Sh** (Funny I've heard a lot of people call Jeff this too), as well as a p*ssy (Another I've heard over the yrs to describe Jeff), Bowen also telling him he's gonna punch Jeff's Teeth down his F'N throat and he punches him on the side of the head and hits an open slap. Jeff asks if he wants to take this outside and Les Obliges. Phil Sheridan who was another writer said they watched as the two got heated but never got physical again for 10 mins and Sheridan separated the two when in the media room trying to play Peacekeeper. 

Asante Samuel taunted them both all practice and then in the locker room and then when Jeff asked Andy about Vick's status Andy said if your Right "it's nothing to fight over." 

Les Bowen punches Jeff McLane

I think Hurts is fine as a backup.  In that context as long as we get some offensive movement I don't care if it's ugly.  Just go 2-2 if the starter is out for 4 games and you've done your job.  

For me though, QB scrambles and designed runs have to be seen as a complement to passing ability, not a substitute for it.  That's what Hurts is though, bad passer, good runner.  That's not a starting QB.
Completely agree. Serviceable back up for a few games but nothing more 

Randall is why I started following the NFL and became an Eagles fan.  When I started watching I couldn't understand people went on about Joe Montana  ("he just throws all these short, easy passes.  Whatever."), but Randall running around like a madman launching rockets downfield had me 😍
WOuld you be surprised if I told you I've heard similar stories from people outside of Philly on why they root for the Eagles. I've heard this story numerous times by Philly Outsiders and Randall getting them into the Eagles 

I got more out of this today. It sounds like there was miscommunication on When or if Sudfeld was coming in. Initial plan was insert Nate after the half. For some reason Doug kept Hurts in there way longer. No one knows why. Kelce went up to Doug in a very professional way as he was a little confused by the decision and asking what changed, if someone gave him wrong info etc. There seems to be more of an issue of upset with the plan then Doug really taking Hurts out. I think with the circumstances when Hurts was taken out also didn't help. 

Also everyone I've talked too have said the physical altercation where 2 Defensive players had to be held back was utter BS and it's just McLane being a jack wagon as usual. He still hates the team after he got kicked out of the press box for punching Les Bowen a awhile back. 
I forgot to add none has said what Doug told Kelce was. But was told it was handled professionally by both parties. Kelce had just made a speech a few weeks ago on teams tanking that didn't get the press that JJ Watt's did of calling out his teammates but it was kind of similar in respect. 

I totally forgot why this happened and not looking back and reading why and how it all happened it's just too funny. Also I'm probably a bigger Les fan now these days knowing how hated Jeff McLane is by his peers. To put it in wrestling terms Jeff McLane has GO AWAY HEAT which is not the good kind to have. Thats the stuff that puts you as a bottom feeder and potentially a talent enhancement when they want to show off the new popular guy just signed to the promotion and you get squashed in under 5 mins. 

WOuld you be surprised if I told you I've heard similar stories from people outside of Philly on why they root for the Eagles. I've heard this story numerous times by Philly Outsiders and Randall getting them into the Eagles 
Not surprised at all, he was something special.  Was really happy to see him have that awesome comeback season in 98

Not surprised at all, he was something special.  Was really happy to see him have that awesome comeback season in 98
Not sure if I posted it here but (It's in the 2020 thread I think) that Randall is now the team Chaplain for the Raiders. Makes sense as he lives iN Vegas still. Seems to have gotten back on his feet after that tragedy with his kid drowning in his own pool. 

Maybe it wasn't Les but he had an altercation with a memeber of the Press awhile back and I'm combining two incidents into one. During the Cowboys game New Years day 2017 Jeff was ejected for discussing a penalty too loudly with other members of the media. The Eagles ejected him for fan code of conduct. There was another incident with a media member around the same time where he did get physical. For some reason I keep thinking it's Bowen but I'm most likely wrong 
You are meshing two events together. McLane got kicked out of the press box a few years back as well. He was allegedly being loud and was asked by someone from the Eagles to keep it down and he started arguing so they booted him. 

You are meshing two events together. McLane got kicked out of the press box a few years back as well. He was allegedly being loud and was asked by someone from the Eagles to keep it down and he started arguing so they booted him. 
Yeah if you read further down I acknowledge that and then found the article of why Les Punched him. Either way it doesn't change the fact who Jeff McLane is. I'm just shocked more people don't call him out on his BS. 

Day 4 of our round the clock coverage of our National Crisis of Sudsgate. There still have been zero public executions for this travesty. Philly sports media is diligently on the case taking calls from Frank from Fishtown who gave expert commentary on the issue stating "Buddy woulda buried dose' ####ers!"

Stay tuned for more hard hitting updates on this crisis.

To me, McLane is the least interesting beat writer around.  On the other hand, Les Bowen always struck me as a curmudgeon but can be surprisingly funny on twitter. 

I also feel like Domo has been mailing it in for years. 

To me, McLane is the least interesting beat writer around.  On the other hand, Les Bowen always struck me as a curmudgeon but can be surprisingly funny on twitter. 

McLane is almost like ESP where he looks for a good “story”. I like Les though. He’s down to earth. I also like Eskin, get gets a lot of crap but is always in the know. He’s always on the field and is definitely connected to the team. Rob Maaddi is very good as well and for years has been known to somehow be connected to Wentz. 

Kelce:
"I went up to Doug, asked if everyone else staying in. I went to find Suddy, start taking snaps"

"At no point was anything from me or anyone confrontational"

"We knew that Sudfeld was told to be ready to play. All of us were excited for Nate"

So that’s now 2 captains (Graham and Kelce) this morning who said they were aware Sudfield was supposed to play. 

Even McLane knew

Miles Sanders needs to start running away from microphones 

McLane is almost like ESP where he looks for a good “story”. I like Les though. He’s down to earth. I also like Eskin, get gets a lot of crap but is always in the know. He’s always on the field and is definitely connected to the team. Rob Maaddi is very good as well and for years has been known to somehow be connected to Wentz. 
Maaddi is very religious and has made bonds with various religious Philly athletes over the years.

Insein said:
Day 4 of our round the clock coverage of our National Crisis of Sudsgate. There still have been zero public executions for this travesty. Philly sports media is diligently on the case taking calls from Frank from Fishtown who gave expert commentary on the issue stating "Buddy woulda buried dose' ####ers!"

Stay tuned for more hard hitting updates on this crisis.
Are we sure Frank from Fishtown isn't one of the producers of said radio stations show? 

Tom Hagen said:

Domo is an interesting case. He's bipolar on what he likes too. He was basically sh**ting on Jackson the minute he was drafted here but when he was one of the first beat guys to call the article after Djac was released BS that caught a lot of people's attention. This is a guy for yrs who couldn't make one positive write up on the dude and if it was, it was more or less some cheap shot and deflect giving him full credit. So when Domo called that out, well you can imagine why it caught people's attentions. He was also one of the first I read about if DeSean couldn't get signed anywhere because of the article he had a liable case against the author and possible the team. 

But yeah I always felt Domo could've been much more. He's a really cool guy to talk to and we've had some friendly online twitter banter. Dude knows his stuff I wish he's insert that into his work though. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
Kelce:
"I went up to Doug, asked if everyone else staying in. I went to find Suddy, start taking snaps"

"At no point was anything from me or anyone confrontational"

"We knew that Sudfeld was told to be ready to play. All of us were excited for Nate"

So that’s now 2 captains (Graham and Kelce) this morning who said they were aware Sudfield was supposed to play. 

Even McLane knew

Miles Sanders needs to start running away from microphones 
So like I said McLane was BS again. Sanders isn't making himself look good in this situation and yeah he really needs to ####. If I was his agent I'd have muzzled him already. 

Bigboy10182000 said:
McLane is a pompous @$s. He's more of the guy looking for the story to get drama. If He doesn't have what he likes he'll sugar coat it to fit his agenda like this one. I'm shocked he has any "sources" inside the team because everyone inside hates his guts. 

Back to the eagles

Really surprised to not hear of more shakeup with the coaches by now......kinda disappointing but goes perfectly with our season
I'm thinking nothing starts till WC week or major announcements don't come until the week before the SB during that Bye Week. 

Even the announcers knew well beforehand that Nate was going to play. Miles is becoming one of those guys that appears to not think much before he speaks either. He’s 100% a Hurts guy

Every single negative in his scouting reports coming into the draft were glaring when he played. He was a guy that needed years on the bench before maybe being anything. 

You appear to really love him despite the flaws becoming more and more glaring every week. His tape is BAD, his arm is BAD,  VERY simple reads are given to him and he still fails. He is by all accounts and purposes a gimmick QB. Listening to Howie and Doug the other day they barely seemed positive about him at all. 

While I agree the lack of off season hurt young guys he had nearly the entire season to practice and learn. I also agree the coaching can be better but coaching and practice can only get you so far. To say he’s comparable to guys like Cousins or Tannehill or top 15 is absolutely insane. He is at or near the bottom of every single passing category there is.  I wish and hope I’m wrong that he ends up great but as it stands on 1/5/20 he has played like the worst QB in football by any account.
in all honesty, i think i lean his way because the games were more fun to watch once he was starting, and i picked him up in fantasy a week early and he will be like an 11th round keeper for me in my 2 QB league.

and i pointed out Cousins and Tannehill because they don't seem to be that special either. i'm far from a QB scout so happy to defer

Report: Wentz still hoping to work out differences with Eagles

Carson Wentz is hopeful he can work things out with the Eagles, according to an Associated Press story.

According to an anonymous source in an AP story by Rob Maaddi on Tuesday, Wentz “needs time away” to consider his future with the Eagles and “is hopeful it won’t end in divorce.”

This contradicts an ESPN report Sunday by Chris Mortensen also quoting anonymous sources that Wentz’s relationship with the Eagles is “fractured” and that he’s expected to ask for a trade this offseason and will help facilitate the trade, presumably with financial concessions.

The AP story characterizes Wentz’s relationship with the Eagles as “strained” and said Wentz plans to meet with head coach Doug Pederson “when the time is right.”

Pederson benched the struggling Wentz for rookie Jalen Hurts in the third quarter of the Eagles’ Week 12 game against the Packers. Wentz didn’t play again the rest of the season.

Eagles general manager Howie Roseman said on Monday the team hasn’t had any conversations about trading the 28-year-old Wentz.

“That is not anything that we’re talking about right now,” Roseman said. “We’re talking about a guy that’s immensely talented and has great work ethic and doing whatever we can to put him in the best possible situation to be successful.” 

Wentz threw 81 touchdowns and 21 interceptions, completed 64 percent of his passes and had a 98.3 passer rating in 40 starts from 2017 through 2019. He had 16 TDs, 15 INTs and completed 57 percent of his passes this year. His final 72.8 passer rating was lowest by a former Pro Bowler in his 20s in 25 years.
i checked out as soon as i saw the above bolded. When he refused to talk to the media after the season (which i don't blame him for at all) it is hard to know what he wants. my guess is it is all to raise value and chance at a trade

can't forget the punting ability either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzMLLmcD1mE&ab_channel=joeruggs

did love Randall though, think he was one of the main reasons why i started to really like football

Bigboy10182000 said:
Just this so far:

Rich Scangarello, who was brought in as a senior offensive assistant, will not be back with the team in 2021, per @InsideBirds.
i would love to know one thing that guy did this year. what a mind-numbing decision to ever bring the guy on

i checked out as soon as i saw the above bolded. When he refused to talk to the media after the season (which i don't blame him for at all) it is hard to know what he wants. my guess is it is all to raise value and chance at a trade
Rob Maaddi is apparently well connected to Carson somehow so I'd definitely pay attention to what he writes on this whole thing or says. He's usually spot on when it comes to anything with Wentz. Rob is one of the few guys he would talk too 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the eagles

Really surprised to not hear of more shakeup with the coaches by now......kinda disappointing but goes perfectly with our season
@MikeGarafolo

I’ll say this: There are a lot of moving parts. Coaching staff, personnel, money, trade compensation... As I just said on

@nflnetwork, I’m told the sides are expected to begin discussing the situation in earnest this week. Gonna take more than one session to figure it all out.

@RobMaaddi

Jan 5

Mike is right on. This relationship is the definition of “complicated” and there are many factors involved.

can't forget the punting ability either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzMLLmcD1mE&ab_channel=joeruggs

did love Randall though, think he was one of the main reasons why i started to really like football
I mean I was going to games at 3 yrs old with my cousin 6 at the time. I would literally have to find Randal the moment I got to the game and just follow him the whole game. Playing outside football wise I would literally try anything he did it's amazing I hadn't broken a bone up until 2 yrs ago. Up until they did the Randall special on NFL Network on his career didn't realize how immature he was at times here. I knew if he didn't have Kotite we probably see the Eagles win a SB with him, with that team. 

Rob Maaddi is apparently well connected to Carson somehow so I'd definitely pay attention to what he writes on this whole thing or says. He's usually spot on when it comes to anything with Wentz. Rob is one of the few guys he would talk too 
So I got more on this. Rob and Wentz are good friends and they talk a lot. Apparently both are big in faith as well. 

“Also, the #Eagles are expected to hire a formal offensive coordinator after a year without one. QBs coach Press Taylor had pass game coordinator added to his role last year and took on many of the OC responsibilities. His future with the team remains uncertain.”

Terrible.   Great contract howie.  Most games I couldn't even tell if mills was playing.   Hardly made any big plays
I was actually thinking he played ok for the most part. I don’t recall hearing his name in a bad way like we had in years past. 
That incentive was something they assumed he would get and was a good thing to have $500k of his contract tied to a playing time incentive instead of just giving it to him outright as part of his 2020 salary, given Mills' injury history. 

Users who are viewing this thread