What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (6 Viewers)

There's reports that Derek Barnett is drawing interest around the league as a potential trade candidate. Nothing will start till the FA pass rushers are situated but report says the exception is The Browns who have had dialogue with the Eagles. Anyone in favor of a OBJ for Barnett trade?  :scared:

Barnett has been disappointing in his Eagles career. I was told early in the offseason anyone and everyone was gonna be available per trade and cut per a few exceptions. If there's a trade the Eagles like Guys will be gone. Others that don't have value flat out cut. Theres a few guys they'd be willing to kick the cap down the road again but thats something for later down the line. Barnett was a Schwartz pick and now that Schwartz isn't here Barnett could be finished as an Eagle. 

You might want to look up the percentage of frequency those stats are accomplished by WRs picked in the top 10 vs WRs picked during the rest of rounds 1-3. WRs are much like RBs in that regard. Unless a guy projects to be a generational AJ Green or Julio type the production curve doesn’t speak to top 10 value. But often a draft stands on its own value wise in that a team must take the best player. I’m drawn to Sewell, Chase and Pitts. IMO they are the 3 players that provide the most value if the Eagles are committed to Hurts this year. Which in turn is a mistake if they sense a QB in this draft is a sure fire franchise QB
You make that argument for early WRs, but talk about Pitts at #6 even though the record for TEs picked early is horrible.  I agree with you on Sewell and Chase though.

There's reports that Derek Barnett is drawing interest around the league as a potential trade candidate. Nothing will start till the FA pass rushers are situated but report says the exception is The Browns who have had dialogue with the Eagles. Anyone in favor of a OBJ for Barnett trade?  :scared:

Barnett has been disappointing in his Eagles career. I was told early in the offseason anyone and everyone was gonna be available per trade and cut per a few exceptions. If there's a trade the Eagles like Guys will be gone. Others that don't have value flat out cut. Theres a few guys they'd be willing to kick the cap down the road again but thats something for later down the line. Barnett was a Schwartz pick and now that Schwartz isn't here Barnett could be finished as an Eagle. 
To me, this would only happen if Barnett doesn't want to sign an extension here.  Right now, he'll count for something like $10m on this year's cap as his 5th year guarantee.  They can lower that significantly if they sign him to a new deal.  If he doesn't want that, and the team doesn't want to have him on the books for that salary this year, then I guess trading him is an option.

Barnett hasn't turned into the kind of player we hoped, but he's still a young, competent starter at a key position and would turn one of the few positions where we have solid starters in place, into a need. 😠

I'm coming around on Pitts. a TE who is a mismatch in the passing game AND can block well?

Rookie TE's usually can't do that. Would still rather they took a QB at 6 if there's a guy they like, but wouldnt be upset to take the TE instead

For me the disaster draft would have Lawrence, Wilson, Sewell, Chase and Pitts go in the top 5. At that point a trade back with a team targeting a QB would be the prudent option with a Farley, Waddle or Slater target a little later. 

Looks more and more like a 17th game is coming for 2021. For us, it would be against the Bengals, in Cincy. Formula is:

• Same place finisher in the division of the opposite conference you played in the previous year's schedule. For us, our 2020 AFC division was the AFC North. We were 4th in our division, Bengals were 4th in theirs. 
  • AFC teams hosts the 17th game in Year 1, NFC hosts in Year 2, AFC host in Year 3, etc.
We haven't beaten Cincy in more than 20 years, including TWO ties in the last 4 games. 

Looks more and more like a 17th game is coming for 2021. For us, it would be against the Bengals, in Cincy. Formula is:

• Same place finisher in the division of the opposite conference you played in the previous year's schedule. For us, our 2020 AFC division was the AFC North. We were 4th in our division, Bengals were 4th in theirs. 
  • AFC teams hosts the 17th game in Year 1, NFC hosts in Year 2, AFC host in Year 3, etc.
We haven't beaten Cincy in more than 20 years, including TWO ties in the last 4 games. 

I thought our opponent would be the Jets. 

So, scratch that. It would be the Jets. It's based on 2020 finish, but 2019 division of the opposite conference. We played the AFC East in 2019, so our 4th place finish in 2020 puts us against the 2020 4th place finisher of our 2019 out--of-conference division (the Jets.) Very convoluted :shrug:

To me, this would only happen if Barnett doesn't want to sign an extension here.  Right now, he'll count for something like $10m on this year's cap as his 5th year guarantee.  They can lower that significantly if they sign him to a new deal.  If he doesn't want that, and the team doesn't want to have him on the books for that salary this year, then I guess trading him is an option.

Barnett hasn't turned into the kind of player we hoped, but he's still a young, competent starter at a key position and would turn one of the few positions where we have solid starters in place, into a need. 😠
Oh I get it. Yeah if he doesn't extend he's gonna be dealt because extended it lowers his cap hit. I just don't see the Eagles at anyway right now spending $10M on him currently

I'm coming around on Pitts. a TE who is a mismatch in the passing game AND can block well?

Rookie TE's usually can't do that. Would still rather they took a QB at 6 if there's a guy they like, but wouldnt be upset to take the TE instead
Pitts is a reasonable blocker at TE but we've had a lot of TE's not great blocking who the Eagles over the years of different coaches still have managed to coach em up to be pretty good blockers. Ertz wasn't great when he came out, I don't remember Celek being as good as he was later on and Goedert had blocking issues too. 

Pitts most scouts and such have him as the #2 prospect in the draft and once in a generation talent at TE. I like the WRs in this years draft but I think a lot of them are are clear great WR2 with #1 potential. Given our lack of success of developing WR's but success with TE's I'd be more inclined to take the TE right now. Unless they are in love with some QB at #6. 

So, scratch that. It would be the Jets. It's based on 2020 finish, but 2019 division of the opposite conference. We played the AFC East in 2019, so our 4th place finish in 2020 puts us against the 2020 4th place finisher of our 2019 out--of-conference division (the Jets.) Very convoluted :shrug:
Dude you completely lost me on this one now. Visual learner here break this down a little more. 

Dude you completely lost me on this one now. Visual learner here break this down a little more. 
1 new game means a new AFC opponent every year. Teams will play their divisional counterpart from that extra division 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc. Same as we do for the NFC extra 2 opponents.

1 new game means a new AFC opponent every year. Teams will play their divisional counterpart from that extra division 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, etc. Same as we do for the NFC extra 2 opponents.
Right, but the confusing part is: 

• The corresponding AFC division your opponent will come from is based on the division you played against 2 years prior to the season the game is being scheduled
  • The corresponding team in that division that will be your opponent is based on both team's finish/records 1 year prior to the season the game is being scheduled

So happy you found this.  I have been looking and looking to see what the formula for that 17th game is. 

Interesting choice.  Means that we will ALWAYS play back to back year games vs some random AFC team every year.

EDT:  Now I see your edit.  That makes way more sense to avoid an automatic back to back year vs the same team.  Jets it is.  I can handle that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was already somewhat sold on Fields, but this article pushed me over the edge.

If he's there at 6, I hope we take him.
Dude is way too inconsistent for me. Also he couldn't beat out a Jake Fromm a RD5 pick this year at UGA though he apparently sought a transfer from UGA do to a claim a baseball player while there used a racial slur which was one of the reasons he gave in a filing to the NCAA to play immediately upon transfer. However nothing ever came of the racial allegations and there was talk from people on some SEC forums Fields was never profiled but was making an excuse because he knew he wasn't starting his sophomore year anyway. I won't go any further on the accusation made as I don't fully know the details other than nothing came of it. 

I just don't think any of these guys outside TLAW are really legit top picks to be honest at QB. 

Dude is way too inconsistent for me. Also he couldn't beat out a Jake Fromm a RD5 pick this year at UGA though he apparently sought a transfer from UGA do to a claim a baseball player while there used a racial slur which was one of the reasons he gave in a filing to the NCAA to play immediately upon transfer. However nothing ever came of the racial allegations and there was talk from people on some SEC forums Fields was never profiled but was making an excuse because he knew he wasn't starting his sophomore year anyway. I won't go any further on the accusation made as I don't fully know the details other than nothing came of it. 

I just don't think any of these guys outside TLAW are really legit top picks to be honest at QB. 
I'd take Zach Wilson as well.  A lot of what I think Fields' flaws are, are the same things we just saw Wentz struggle through.  Holds the ball a long time, slow release, not great pocket presence, and not sure about those numbers but he seems a better intermediate / deep passer than a short passer.  He has some great strengths, but some of those issues are the things that can spiral for a young QB on a bad team.

I wouldn't pass up Chase or Sewell for Fields I don't think.

I'd take Zach Wilson as well.  A lot of what I think Fields' flaws are, are the same things we just saw Wentz struggle through.  Holds the ball a long time, slow release, not great pocket presence, and not sure about those numbers but he seems a better intermediate / deep passer than a short passer.  He has some great strengths, but some of those issues are the things that can spiral for a young QB on a bad team.

If we trade up for fields I'm gonna lose my mind

Ash said:

I wouldn't even put Fields in the same category as Wentz. People raved about Wentz football IQ. Avant said something about Growl liked to try and beat defenses with play designs that beat certain coverages. He tried to design plays that would beat Zimmers Minny Defense that Carson struggled with. Avant said Wentz has an amazing football IQ but had trouble when teams disguised their defensive looks. Fields also never played in a pro type offense like Wentz even though NDST is a hybrid Pro offense and you didn't see Fields making calls at the line. 

I'm not gonna sit here and say Wentz is light years better then Fields however I will say Wentz was more impressive with his college resume then Fields. Carson was doing it at a 2nd level school where I think some of these guys in the 1st tier Division get overhyped because they have so much great talent around them. That's where I think a guy like Jalen Hurts is. He's a decent QB and good enough for D1 Football but I think he won a lot more because of the talent on the team around him. Put him at a school like Rutgers or a Vandy and I think he shows a lot more of his weaknesses that become a concern. But thats. the thing about scouting these guys out of college. Determining how much of their success is their talent and how much is based on the team around them. Not only that but I think teams need to do better with the mental aspect of scouting especially QBs. Maybe give them certain situations (say like the Carson one out of no where) and see how they react with plays like that. I know it's only simulation but you can tell a bit by that. Some of these guys something like that true or not will cave in instantly. 

I know there's some weird questions these teams ask in the interview process for prospects so maybe take those out and insert those kind instead. You can have as much talent as anyone but if you aren't mentally tough enough you aren't going to succeed. 

cant blame a guy for wanting to play and get paid but let someone else pay him

i bet no one will call
If they do call it's during Training camp or first few weeks into the season where a contender maybe has a bit time player go down and gets desperate. Similar to Minny trading a 1st to us for Bradford. 

If they do call it's during Training camp or first few weeks into the season where a contender maybe has a bit time player go down and gets desperate. Similar to Minny trading a 1st to us for Bradford. 
Peters was so bad last year though.  At this point I think if a team has a player with some upside, that would be a better option than JP.  He’s played at least a year too long.

Was able to attend a “Meet The Coaching Staff” Zoom this morning for select Season Ticket Members, hosted by Dave Spadaro and I jotted down some notes, for anyone interested.

Spadaro prefaced everything with the fact that NFL rules don’t allow staff to comment on “reported” trades, only official one. On March 17th, at 4pm (the official start of the new league year) there will be press conference with Nick Sirianni and Howie Roseman to talk about any official trades.

On the Zoom were HC Nick Sirianni, OC Shane Steichen, DC Jonathan Gannon, and STC Michael Clay.

Nick seemed way more relaxed and conversational than his introductory press conference and talked about, but still underscored things like his 5 Core Values and how they want to stress adapting things to player strengths, rather than be married to a system or scheme that might not be the right fit for a player’s skills. Here are the thoughts he shared:

In his first 6 weeks, he has spent that time digging into the roster to see what players they currently have in order to choose what type of offense or defense to run, plays that will work, etc. That means re-evaluating everyone (current roster, free agents, potential cuts from other teams) and their skills compared to the things they want to install. All the coaches have input on that.

His transition to head coach has been based on what he’s learned from others like Frank Reich, and wants to do things similar to him.

He’s established his 5 “Core Values”:

#1“Connecting” with the players and other coaches, as people, before any football things.

#2 “Competing” all the time, even in practice and the weight room, everyone needs to compete.

#3 “Accountability” to hold yourself accountable, hold your teammates accountable, the coaches hold the players accountable, etc.. Show/demonstrate what they are doing right (and praise it) and when it’s not right point it out and teach them the right way.

#4 “Football IQ” and be good teachers, make the system itself simple for players, focus on situational football.

#5 “Fundamentals” because all players in the NFL are good and talented, but consistent fundamentals is where you can gain an advantage.

His offensive vision is going to be dependent on the players and their skills, so right now they have a high-level idea of what they want to do, but the ways they will execute on it will depend on the strengths of the players. For example, they will stress protecting the QB, but what techniques or schemes they will use to do that will fit the strengths of the players. They want to create explosive plays, but whether they do it through routes, motion, speed, etc. will be dictated by the talent they have. The aim will be to try and “win” plays and produce “double-positive” stats (like a strip sack that produces a sack and turnover, or a tackle for a loss that takes a team out FG range.)

On OC Steichen: Shane is bright, and Nick considered his 4 years working with him as a “4 year interview” for this job. Nick said he always knew if he became a HC, Shane would be his OC (if Shane wasn’t already a HC). Shane is an expert in QB play. There will be no surprises, as they have been through ups and downs together. Thinks it is a huge advantage to have that comfort level with him, as a new HC. Shane looks for the slightest edge in all matchups, and will dig through years of tape to find it.

On DC Jonathan Gannon: Also had a “3 year interview” with him, and Nick has seen first-hand what he can do with his players, developing rookies and vets. Mentioned how he turned Kenny Moore into the highest paid nickel corner in the NFL. Players that play for him have nothing but praise for him. Even though Jonathan is the DC, he will still be heavily involved in developing players, as that’s his passion the same as Nick is still passionate about developing WRs (where he said he still wants to be heavily involved in Philly). Jonathan either always has a good answer about defensive questions, or will go learn it inside and out and that comes from developing in the Mike Zimmer and Matt Eberflus tree).

On STC Michael Clay: He was someone Nick didn’t know, but people in the Eagles building recommended he get an interview and he was just blown away. In interviews, you show you’re ready by preparing everyday living and breathing football, compared to some interviewees that seemed to just cram/prep the day before. Michael was natural and thoroughly prepared via his experience and it showed. Michael preaches situational smartness on special teams. When quizzed on some tape they showed him during the interview, he could dissect it in an instant. They wanted to end interview with him once they knew he was the guy, but Michael wanted to finish going through the rest of the tape they prepared to quiz him because he loves it, so they went through them all.

Next, OC Shane Steichen shared his thoughts:

Mentioned that working with Phillip Rivers vs Justin Herbert made for different coaching approaches. Due to Rivers’ experience, it was about helping and supporting him in the smaller things, but for Herbert it was constant repetition of the system to get him to learn it thoroughly and to adapt the system to what he’s good at. Wants to build the system around the QBand their skills first, and then the other players and their skills. If players change and have different skills, need to adapt. In a QB, the 3 core traits he wants are: #1 accuracy, #2 intelligence/processing, and #3 ability to create on the move, out of the pocket.

Then DC Jonathan Gannon was asked about his experience as a scout, prior to coaching:

As a scout he learned the business side of roster building and how to evaluate players more objectively, which gives him insight into another side, now as a coach. He also learned how to accept being wrong about evaluations and ways to learn from those mistakes. As for a defensive “scheme” he said he doesn’t have one other than: Take away intent. He wants to have a scheme that adapt and changes in order to take away the things the other team does best, create takeaways, prevent explosive plays, and produce pre and post snap pressure on the QB. How that will be done will be different week to week, depending on how they can exploit the other team’s weaknesses. He also like to keep himself and his players clam and clear-headed so they can think and process and do the right things.

STC Michael Clay then gave his take on the Special Teams unit:

His message to his special teams group is “be special”, understand how in the limited plays you get, you could have one or two of those plays that can change the game. Embrace being a 2-core player (playing on both ST and either Defense or Offense). Losing in the Superbowl (in San Fran) taught him to not take success for granted, saw first-hand how the Special Teams unit helped turn around a 2-14 team to a Superbowl team.

Then Nick took a few questions from Season Ticket Members:

How do you want to maximize production from the QB position? Nick said he values accuracy, decision making, and ability to create as top 3/critical. Then arm strength, toughness, leadership, competitiveness. Said their job as coaches is to get the QB to play at their best.

Will watching film on the Colts and Chargers give us an idea of what to expect for the Eagles offense this season? Nick said it may have elements of both, plus what worked well for the Eagles last year. But it all goes back to building it around the players they have and what they do best. And he believe the Eagles have the advantage right now that no opponents will know until that first game what this new staff will come up with.

What is your first priority for getting ready for this year? Nick reiterated that it’s thoroughly evaluating players and added building relationships with all of the players. He’s “living the dream of being part of a team”, even as a coach, and loves the comradery with the players and staff, as well as how the families of the players and staff can build relationships that will endure for years.

Have you been made aware of much the Eagles hate the Cowboys? Nick said he definitely got the memo and you can’t escape it when looking around the building. There’s big graphics on the walls of Troy Aikman getting sacked, Emmitt Smith getting stopped, Reggie White standing over Aikman, forcing a fumble on Zeke, etc. He loves that it’s like a college rivalry, not just with Dallas but also the Giants and Washington. He mentions even the AFC teams he’s been with didn’t like Dallas, so he already didn’t like them anyway.

Nick closed by saying that he, and the other coaches, have all been to The Linc as opponents and know what it’s like to be on that end of the fans, so they are all excited to now have those fans on their side and can’t wait to get out there and play in front of them.

Darius Slay restructured his deal. Saves the eagles about $6m on the cap. 
Reports are Lane is doing the same. Wondering if they are trying to get enough cap space to keep Ertz for the new league year and trade him, rather than releasing him prior to get under the cap. 

Was able to attend a “Meet The Coaching Staff” Zoom this morning for select Season Ticket Members, hosted by Dave Spadaro and I jotted down some notes, for anyone interested.

Spadaro prefaced everything with the fact that NFL rules don’t allow staff to comment on “reported” trades, only official one. On March 17th, at 4pm (the official start of the new league year) there will be press conference with Nick Sirianni and Howie Roseman to talk about any official trades.

On the Zoom were HC Nick Sirianni, OC Shane Steichen, DC Jonathan Gannon, and STC Michael Clay.

Nick seemed way more relaxed and conversational than his introductory press conference and talked about, but still underscored things like his 5 Core Values and how they want to stress adapting things to player strengths, rather than be married to a system or scheme that might not be the right fit for a player’s skills. Here are the thoughts he shared:

In his first 6 weeks, he has spent that time digging into the roster to see what players they currently have in order to choose what type of offense or defense to run, plays that will work, etc. That means re-evaluating everyone (current roster, free agents, potential cuts from other teams) and their skills compared to the things they want to install. All the coaches have input on that.

His transition to head coach has been based on what he’s learned from others like Frank Reich, and wants to do things similar to him.

He’s established his 5 “Core Values”:

#1“Connecting” with the players and other coaches, as people, before any football things.

#2 “Competing” all the time, even in practice and the weight room, everyone needs to compete.

#3 “Accountability” to hold yourself accountable, hold your teammates accountable, the coaches hold the players accountable, etc.. Show/demonstrate what they are doing right (and praise it) and when it’s not right point it out and teach them the right way.

#4 “Football IQ” and be good teachers, make the system itself simple for players, focus on situational football.

#5 “Fundamentals” because all players in the NFL are good and talented, but consistent fundamentals is where you can gain an advantage.

His offensive vision is going to be dependent on the players and their skills, so right now they have a high-level idea of what they want to do, but the ways they will execute on it will depend on the strengths of the players. For example, they will stress protecting the QB, but what techniques or schemes they will use to do that will fit the strengths of the players. They want to create explosive plays, but whether they do it through routes, motion, speed, etc. will be dictated by the talent they have. The aim will be to try and “win” plays and produce “double-positive” stats (like a strip sack that produces a sack and turnover, or a tackle for a loss that takes a team out FG range.)

On OC Steichen: Shane is bright, and Nick considered his 4 years working with him as a “4 year interview” for this job. Nick said he always knew if he became a HC, Shane would be his OC (if Shane wasn’t already a HC). Shane is an expert in QB play. There will be no surprises, as they have been through ups and downs together. Thinks it is a huge advantage to have that comfort level with him, as a new HC. Shane looks for the slightest edge in all matchups, and will dig through years of tape to find it.

On DC Jonathan Gannon: Also had a “3 year interview” with him, and Nick has seen first-hand what he can do with his players, developing rookies and vets. Mentioned how he turned Kenny Moore into the highest paid nickel corner in the NFL. Players that play for him have nothing but praise for him. Even though Jonathan is the DC, he will still be heavily involved in developing players, as that’s his passion the same as Nick is still passionate about developing WRs (where he said he still wants to be heavily involved in Philly). Jonathan either always has a good answer about defensive questions, or will go learn it inside and out and that comes from developing in the Mike Zimmer and Matt Eberflus tree).

On STC Michael Clay: He was someone Nick didn’t know, but people in the Eagles building recommended he get an interview and he was just blown away. In interviews, you show you’re ready by preparing everyday living and breathing football, compared to some interviewees that seemed to just cram/prep the day before. Michael was natural and thoroughly prepared via his experience and it showed. Michael preaches situational smartness on special teams. When quizzed on some tape they showed him during the interview, he could dissect it in an instant. They wanted to end interview with him once they knew he was the guy, but Michael wanted to finish going through the rest of the tape they prepared to quiz him because he loves it, so they went through them all.

Next, OC Shane Steichen shared his thoughts:

Mentioned that working with Phillip Rivers vs Justin Herbert made for different coaching approaches. Due to Rivers’ experience, it was about helping and supporting him in the smaller things, but for Herbert it was constant repetition of the system to get him to learn it thoroughly and to adapt the system to what he’s good at. Wants to build the system around the QBand their skills first, and then the other players and their skills. If players change and have different skills, need to adapt. In a QB, the 3 core traits he wants are: #1 accuracy, #2 intelligence/processing, and #3 ability to create on the move, out of the pocket.

Then DC Jonathan Gannon was asked about his experience as a scout, prior to coaching:

As a scout he learned the business side of roster building and how to evaluate players more objectively, which gives him insight into another side, now as a coach. He also learned how to accept being wrong about evaluations and ways to learn from those mistakes. As for a defensive “scheme” he said he doesn’t have one other than: Take away intent. He wants to have a scheme that adapt and changes in order to take away the things the other team does best, create takeaways, prevent explosive plays, and produce pre and post snap pressure on the QB. How that will be done will be different week to week, depending on how they can exploit the other team’s weaknesses. He also like to keep himself and his players clam and clear-headed so they can think and process and do the right things.

STC Michael Clay then gave his take on the Special Teams unit:

His message to his special teams group is “be special”, understand how in the limited plays you get, you could have one or two of those plays that can change the game. Embrace being a 2-core player (playing on both ST and either Defense or Offense). Losing in the Superbowl (in San Fran) taught him to not take success for granted, saw first-hand how the Special Teams unit helped turn around a 2-14 team to a Superbowl team.

Then Nick took a few questions from Season Ticket Members:

How do you want to maximize production from the QB position? Nick said he values accuracy, decision making, and ability to create as top 3/critical. Then arm strength, toughness, leadership, competitiveness. Said their job as coaches is to get the QB to play at their best.

Will watching film on the Colts and Chargers give us an idea of what to expect for the Eagles offense this season? Nick said it may have elements of both, plus what worked well for the Eagles last year. But it all goes back to building it around the players they have and what they do best. And he believe the Eagles have the advantage right now that no opponents will know until that first game what this new staff will come up with.

What is your first priority for getting ready for this year? Nick reiterated that it’s thoroughly evaluating players and added building relationships with all of the players. He’s “living the dream of being part of a team”, even as a coach, and loves the comradery with the players and staff, as well as how the families of the players and staff can build relationships that will endure for years.

Have you been made aware of much the Eagles hate the Cowboys? Nick said he definitely got the memo and you can’t escape it when looking around the building. There’s big graphics on the walls of Troy Aikman getting sacked, Emmitt Smith getting stopped, Reggie White standing over Aikman, forcing a fumble on Zeke, etc. He loves that it’s like a college rivalry, not just with Dallas but also the Giants and Washington. He mentions even the AFC teams he’s been with didn’t like Dallas, so he already didn’t like them anyway.

Nick closed by saying that he, and the other coaches, have all been to The Linc as opponents and know what it’s like to be on that end of the fans, so they are all excited to now have those fans on their side and can’t wait to get out there and play in front of them.
Can we get the TLDR for those who complain about long post  :P

Good stuff as always. I guess Nick or Gannon went into what type of base OFF/DEF they were using. I guess depending on FA signings and picks we Make 

Reports are Lane is doing the same. Wondering if they are trying to get enough cap space to keep Ertz for the new league year and trade him, rather than releasing him prior to get under the cap. 
Russina of ESPN was asked about roster cuts next week and she said she's hearing from NFL HC's it's gonna be a blood bath. I've heard this too from people talking. No names but there's gonna be a lot of big surprises that get cut. Most of this from the cap not being as high as expected do to the pandemic. Saints are more screwed then us because they have a worse cap then us but A TON OF KEY FA'S they can't bring back without getting under. 

I don't see Ertz having much value given teams know if we can't trade him he's getting cut anyway. 

According to Domowitch the Eagles and Drew Rosenhaus have been in contact about Derek Barnett contract. Seems like both parties are interested in Extending however it also seems if they can't extend him they are already listening on trade offers. 

Mike Kaye also reported that the Eagles won't tender RFA P Cameron Johnson. Either Cam is coming back on a lesser deal or we got a new punter next year folks. Wish I could say we were getting a new kicker but ya know Howie and those dam contracts 

Chad Reuter had a 4 round mock draft. 

He has us taking Kyle Pitts at #6 with DeVonta Smith going at #11 to NYG. We then take Pitts' QB Kyle Trask at #70. If this happens I'd be doing backflips. 

Lawerence and Wilson the first 2 QBs go 1 and 2. Chase to MIA and Trey Lance to ATL. Fields to Carolina

2nd round we take UCF Corner at 37 Aaron Robinson don't know much about with Asante Samuel JR, Trevon Moehring TCU Safety, Jevon Holland the Oregon S, Terrace Marshal LSU WR and LB LSU Jabril Cox on the board

3rd round 2 picks our first 70 Kyle Trask the UF QB uniting him with his top receiver in Pitts. Noteables left Eric Stokes UGA CB, Trey Sermon OSU RB, Hamsah Nasireldean FSU Hybrid S, and LSU Safety Jacoby Stephens

Picked right after Stephens at 84 Edge rusher for the Eagles UAB Jordan Smith 

Next pick UM WR Nico Collins, as well as LB OSU Peter Werner 

We don't have a 4th this year 

Notes: Frelund's first mock has us taking Kyle Pitts now 

Charely Casserly's First has us Taking Smith 

Jermiah's 2.0 has us take Pitts. 

Just for references so far. 

I really hope its not ruined either way and AEW keeps it a secrete. I remember the last time I was this excited in anticipation was when they did the storyline with Jeff Hardy and who attacked him backstage at the PPV so he couldn't be in his match. Original storyline was suppose to be a returning Christian from TNA but it was ruined. So WWE did a 180 and had it be Matt Hardy who attacked Jeff. Christian got a meh debut and storyline and eventually was in the horrible ECW reboot. 

It really ruined a great storyline and surprise. Props to WWE for trying to change it and trying to add that element of surprise but it was an absolute dud. 

I really hope its not ruined either way and AEW keeps it a secrete. I remember the last time I was this excited in anticipation was when they did the storyline with Jeff Hardy and who attacked him backstage at the PPV so he couldn't be in his match. Original storyline was suppose to be a returning Christian from TNA but it was ruined. So WWE did a 180 and had it be Matt Hardy who attacked Jeff. Christian got a meh debut and storyline and eventually was in the horrible ECW reboot. 

It really ruined a great storyline and surprise. Props to WWE for trying to change it and trying to add that element of surprise but it was an absolute dud. 
WTF are you talking about?

I could be mistaken but it sounds like wrastling
Even as a child I recognized "pro" wrestling for the scam it was....a live action B movie that was more often in line with a high school kids backyard film. Terrible terrible stuff. Would rather watch actual B movies

Even as a child I recognized "pro" wrestling for the scam it was....a live action B movie that was more often in line with a high school kids backyard film. Terrible terrible stuff. Would rather watch actual B movies
I like B movies, but have always thought pro wrestling was silly with all the staged outcomes.  I can’t see the attraction, but each to their own.  

Remember Ron and Don Wright?  I guess if you’re strictly looking at it as silly entertainment I guess I can see it.  Some people actually take that stuff seriously however.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like B movies, but have always thought pro wrestling was silly with all the staged outcomes.  I can’t see the attraction, but each to their own.  

Remember Ron and Don Wright?  I guess if you’re strictly looking at it as silly entertainment I guess I can see it.  Some people actually take that stuff seriously however.
Most of us know a lot of it is scripted but I think it's funny that people think these shows like Jersey Shore, Duck Dynasty, Bachelor etc are all "REAL". There was an investigation in this and a lot of the drama in these shows is purely scripted. I think the Duck Dynasty crew the Robinson's are a multimillionaire or a very well off family in suburbia Texas played off as some backwood hillbillies. The show tried to play it off as real till reports and rumors started coming out it was fake. By the 2nd or so season the producers and families had to come clean about it. I honestly don't know how people watch any of those shows. I do like Survivor but I don't get my life wrapped up into any of it 

I haven’t watched WWE in years but the stone cold/Rock/HHH/etc era was top quality entertainment (dare I say must see TV?).  Once it went back to PG, it all went downhill.  

Nature Boy Ric Flair was the man. “like Space Mountain, might be the oldest ride in the park, but always has the longest line. WOOOOOOO!!!”

Users who are viewing this thread