What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (7 Viewers)

babydemon90 said:
Well, good?  How on earth could anyone be sold on him, he played 4 games, and didn't do very well.  I'm all for giving him a shot to see if he improves but it would be insane for anyone to be 'sold' on him.
The team was never sold on him ever being the guy. The point Is he was brought in to appease the last regime. Now that they are gone Hurts is no where guaranteed to be the starter for most of this coming season or even in the future. A lot of fans seem to want to assume he is just because Wentz is gone. 

babydemon90 said:
Wentz being the "smartest guy in the room" is laughable. Come on, the tape showed tons of bad decisions, missed reads, etc..  Give me a break there. If Wentz continues to blame others and not own up that he was at fault - he's not going to last. That kind of report makes me glad we traded him.
The bad decisions and such was mostly because Wentz went rogue on play calling. Guys who've been with him like Ertz and Goedert and Jason Kelce knew the plays he was calling but what Wentz failed to do was bring along the younger guys who weren't as deep in the playbook. When you have guys not knowing the plays and all thats what happens on the field. Missed reads and such was more of lack of communication between the players and all. 

It reminds me a lot of what happened with Rodgers in Mike McCarthy's last two years. Rodgers would get the play and just say F it and run what he wanted. Difference was the guy Rodgers was with knew the plays and had been with him for awhile so it wasn't as out of whack. I can't blame Wentz either because Doug showed zero accountability on anyone. Schwartz would fall asleep at his desk and was lazy. The whole (health thing) well he's pulling an Urban Meyer there he just was being lazy. Dino Vasso and the other Assistant coaches ran the defense most of the year and ran the DC meetings. Doug never held any of his coaches accountable for mistakes. I've heard other players felt the same way as Wentz about the coaching staff as well so It was just him either. I heard guys like Kelce and Lane also thought the same thing. 

When you don't hold coaches accountable, don't have a real OC and your QB coach wants to try and be a guys BFF rather then his coach you are gonna have problems. This isn't to say Wentz doesn't have some fault here but I also don't blame some of these players going rogue. 

Ash said:
I think it’s time to move on, they do get cap relief by cutting him, and more for this year if it’s post June 1. They need to let Goedert play and Ertz makes too much $$ to be a guy who plays 30% of snaps.

At this point I think they’ll release or trade him post June 1.  Has to be resolved before the mandatory minicamp on June 8. 
Thats what I think will happen he's trade or released post June 1 

The team was never sold on him ever being the guy. The point Is he was brought in to appease the last regime. Now that they are gone Hurts is no where guaranteed to be the starter for most of this coming season or even in the future. A lot of fans seem to want to assume he is just because Wentz is gone. 
Which is good.  Its obviously best for the team though if he shows he IS the guy...but odds are against him. Hope he can show something.
I do think he'll get the benefit of the doubt in a close QB competition in training camp tho.  But..if he flat out loses to Joe Flacco? yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link? 

Which is good.  Its obviously best for the team though if he shows he IS the guy...but odds are against him. Hope he can show something.
I do think he'll get the benefit of the doubt in a close QB competition in training camp tho.  But..if he flat out loses to Joe Flacco? yikes.
Yeah you don't want him to flat out lose it to Flacco because that would be really cause for concern. He's doing all the right things right now but that only goes so far if you can't show it on Sunday 

What I want to see from Hurts for that experiment to extend beyond this year is significant progress in accuracy, and in being an on time thrower.  He's obviously a plus runner, his arm is just OK, not weak, but not a cannon by any stretch.

For him to be an above average QB, he has to be getting the ball on time, accurately to the right target.  If they're looking at the passing game having a foundation of quick game, RAC plays, those things are key.  He wasn't great in either of those areas last year, but he has the right attitude and work ethic to get better, it just comes down now to whether he's capable, or will always be too limited to be more than a backup QB. 

Another area in Hurts’ games that needs improvement is throwing between the numbers. He was more comfortable and more proficient(I believe) throwing outside, likely because it’s less congested and easier to read. On time and accurate in the middle of the field would be a big step up. 

One thing you both left out was cutting down on the fumbles. He had six in his four starts and nine total for the year. It was one of the maddening things about Wentz the last couple years and if he continues that tradition he won't be starting long.  Can't keep putting the ball on the ground.

I don't think it is a coincidence that if the Hurts doesn't work this year and Wentz meets the contingencies in his trade, the Eagles will have 3 first round picks next year and be in very good position to acquire Deshaun Watson. The Eagles pick will likely be fairly high, with the Dolphin Pick and Colts pick likely in the back half of the first round. The Eagles are in the NFC which makes them a more likely trade partner for the Texans. I think by early 2022, Deshaun will have settled his lawsuits and hopefully have served whatever suspension the league may give him.

What I want to see from Hurts for that experiment to extend beyond this year is significant progress in accuracy, and in being an on time thrower.  He's obviously a plus runner, his arm is just OK, not weak, but not a cannon by any stretch.

For him to be an above average QB, he has to be getting the ball on time, accurately to the right target.  If they're looking at the passing game having a foundation of quick game, RAC plays, those things are key.  He wasn't great in either of those areas last year, but he has the right attitude and work ethic to get better, it just comes down now to whether he's capable, or will always be too limited to be more than a backup QB. 
I'd also like to see some more throws down the middle of the field between the hashes. Completions made to guys "covered" but still a competent NFL QB Should be able to still complete type passes. Cut down on the fumbling (One thing that drove me crazy on Wentz) and better diagnosing the defense. Don't run if your first or even second read isn't there unless the pocket completely collapsed 

One thing you both left out was cutting down on the fumbles. He had six in his four starts and nine total for the year. It was one of the maddening things about Wentz the last couple years and if he continues that tradition he won't be starting long.  Can't keep putting the ball on the ground.
Yep I always talked about Wentz's fumbling issue but Hurts had it as well. Seemed like the Hurts apologist/Wentz haters completely tried to disregard that when talking about Wentz's fumbling issue. 

I don't think it is a coincidence that if the Hurts doesn't work this year and Wentz meets the contingencies in his trade, the Eagles will have 3 first round picks next year and be in very good position to acquire Deshaun Watson. The Eagles pick will likely be fairly high, with the Dolphin Pick and Colts pick likely in the back half of the first round. The Eagles are in the NFC which makes them a more likely trade partner for the Texans. I think by the early in 2022, Deshaun will have settled his lawsuits and hopefully have served whatever suspension the league may give him.
I'm of the opinion that Watson is never seeing an NFL field again. Even if Cleared do the Eagles want to even take that chance on him? TWENTY yes 20, Weapon X's Number, have all come forward with almost exact same Stories. I was at first thinking this situation was some money grab but I'm really in belief that Watson is a complete fraud and just has put on an act in the public eye of NFL for yrs.

I don't see how any team could justify even trading for him if cleared. I'd only want him if it cost less then a 4th round pick. No way am I give any 1st rounder or 2nd rounders or 3rd for him. Hou might have to accept something similar to Eagles of getting conditional pick if Watson and the team hit performance numbers. In today's world it'd gonna be a hard sell to fans for any team. If you thought the Vick signing and aftermath was bad this would be 100xS worse. Even if he is cleared the Earliest I see implying again is 2023. If I'm trading 3 1st rounders in 1 draft I better be getting Aaron Rodgers in return. 

Jason La Confora did one of those best landing spots for Aaron Rodgers and the Eagles made the list. I love Rodgers and still feel if he was on the Patriots he wins 2 of the SBs at least that Brady didn't. I mean Rodgers would've been playing with an actual defense to defend his leads for most of his career. I would love Rodgers but I really just don't think it makes sense to even acquire him for a rebuilding franchise. We would be going back to chasing a title with poor cap and not much depth. Though I do think our "journalists" and "media" here would get a wake up call that their sh** smells just like everyone else with the responses ARod would give them and it'd make for some very entertaining press conferences and interactions Anyway here's what JLC says 

Philadelphia Eagles

Super progressive front office that loves to make trades and has some pieces that might interest the Packers. GM Howie Roseman also has at least two first-round picks next year already (three if Wentz plays enough Colts snaps) and an improved roster on offense that could give Rodgers what he needs. Yeah, they are rebuilding … but landing this kind of QB would expedite things and make parting with future draft stock tenable. They were watching the Watson thing closely. I never rule them out of anything this significant, especially given how little football Jalen Hurts has played to this point.

Jason La Confora did one of those best landing spots for Aaron Rodgers and the Eagles made the list. I love Rodgers and still feel if he was on the Patriots he wins 2 of the SBs at least that Brady didn't. I mean Rodgers would've been playing with an actual defense to defend his leads for most of his career. I would love Rodgers but I really just don't think it makes sense to even acquire him for a rebuilding franchise. We would be going back to chasing a title with poor cap and not much depth. Though I do think our "journalists" and "media" here would get a wake up call that their sh** smells just like everyone else with the responses ARod would give them and it'd make for some very entertaining press conferences and interactions Anyway here's what JLC says 

Philadelphia Eagles

Super progressive front office that loves to make trades and has some pieces that might interest the Packers. GM Howie Roseman also has at least two first-round picks next year already (three if Wentz plays enough Colts snaps) and an improved roster on offense that could give Rodgers what he needs. Yeah, they are rebuilding … but landing this kind of QB would expedite things and make parting with future draft stock tenable. They were watching the Watson thing closely. I never rule them out of anything this significant, especially given how little football Jalen Hurts has played to this point.
Eagles don't have enough to win now so a Rodgers trade would be bad IMO

I don't think it is a coincidence that if the Hurts doesn't work this year and Wentz meets the contingencies in his trade, the Eagles will have 3 first round picks next year and be in very good position to acquire Deshaun Watson. The Eagles pick will likely be fairly high, with the Dolphin Pick and Colts pick likely in the back half of the first round. The Eagles are in the NFC which makes them a more likely trade partner for the Texans. I think by the early in 2022, Deshaun will have settled his lawsuits and hopefully have served whatever suspension the league may give him.
I know you're a Houston guy and would love this, but I don't see it happening.  We would have enough fire power to move into the top 3 and get a CHEAP franchise qb that isn't Watson.  I'm souring on the thought of Watson playing in the league again or ever having the value that he did a few months ago.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Miami's pick is top 10-15.  I think we pick 7th, 15th, and 23rd.

I know you're a Houston guy and would love this, but I don't see it happening.  We would have enough fire power to move into the top 3 and get a CHEAP franchise qb that isn't Watson.  I'm souring on the thought of Watson playing in the league again or ever having the value that he did a few months ago.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Miami's pick is top 10-15.  I think we pick 7th, 15th, and 23rd.
If those are the picks, it might even be possible to trade up and keep one of the 1st rounders.

Yep I always talked about Wentz's fumbling issue but Hurts had it as well. Seemed like the Hurts apologist/Wentz haters completely tried to disregard that when talking about Wentz's fumbling issue. 
Difference being is wentz has done it for years and hurts has played like 5 games

That would be great. Even if we just stayed at those picks that's gonna help immensely 

I didn't even say whether I wanted it to happen, just that I think it is possibility based on the draft capital the Eagle's have, the potential need for a franchise QB should Hurts struggle, and I will also add Howie's apparent interest in Watson. The difference between Watson and a top 3 Rookie QB besides salary, is Watson is a known franchise QB while the rookie is only a potential franchise QB.

All of this is predicated on the lawsuits being settled, no criminal charges being filed, and the league doling out whatever suspension they are going to dole out. Since it is in Watson's best interest to get this over with as quickly as possible I think settlement is likely, I don't think there is enough strong evidence to support criminal charges, and the league would like Deshaun back on the field making highlight plays as soon as possible so I think they will act quickly once the first two issues are resolved.

I'm of the opinion that Watson is never seeing an NFL field again. Even if Cleared do the Eagles want to even take that chance on him? TWENTY yes 20, Weapon X's Number, have all come forward with almost exact same Stories. I was at first thinking this situation was some money grab but I'm really in belief that Watson is a complete fraud and just has put on an act in the public eye of NFL for yrs.

I don't see how any team could justify even trading for him if cleared. I'd only want him if it cost less then a 4th round pick. No way am I give any 1st rounder or 2nd rounders or 3rd for him. Hou might have to accept something similar to Eagles of getting conditional pick if Watson and the team hit performance numbers. In today's world it'd gonna be a hard sell to fans for any team. If you thought the Vick signing and aftermath was bad this would be 100xS worse. Even if he is cleared the Earliest I see implying again is 2023. If I'm trading 3 1st rounders in 1 draft I better be getting Aaron Rodgers in return. 
I think you are absolutely crazy if you don't think Watson is ever playing again. There is likely not enough evidence to support a criminal charge and the lawsuits will most likely be settled. Even if the Eagles don't trade for him, someone will be willing to take him on for his talent.

You think they would turn to a washed up Joe Flacco? What would be the point of that? If they reached that point it would likely mean the team is losing.

He also had fumbling issues in college I thought. I'm not rooting against the guy, just something he needs to clean up to be successful.
Yep. That’s the thing with fans of this team or near here. They take a criticism as you’re rooting against him. Bottom line with Hurts is that he has to improve a lot from what we’ve seen for us to be anywhere near .500

You think they would turn to a washed up Joe Flacco? What would be the point of that? If they reached that point it would likely mean the team is losing.
They turned to Nate Sudfield because of how bad Hurts was playing. If he’s still that bad of course you will turn to Flacco

Just watched the Kerryon presser and am super impressed with him.  Understands the game, is humble, well spoken, etc.  Really hope he makes the squad and I think he will.

So do we carry 4 RB's or is Scott at serious risk of being gone?

Just watched the Kerryon presser and am super impressed with him.  Understands the game, is humble, well spoken, etc.  Really hope he makes the squad and I think he will.

They have typically carried 4 RBs the last few years.  Jordan Howard is the guy who most needs to worry, but Scott isn't a lock.  He's a good receiver and decent outside runner but he doesn't have great vision running inside.  He misses the hole a lot.

1. Sanders (starter)
  2. Gainwell (solid contributor role)
  3. Scott 
  4. Johnson 
is how I see it playing out, but a surprise is possible.  The competition thing seems to be playing out here at least.

They have typically carried 4 RBs the last few years.  Jordan Howard is the guy who most needs to worry, but Scott isn't a lock.  He's a good receiver and decent outside runner but he doesn't have great vision running inside.  He misses the hole a lot.

1. Sanders (starter)
  2. Gainwell (solid contributor role)
  3. Scott 
  4. Johnson 
is how I see it playing out, but a surprise is possible.  The competition thing seems to be playing out here at least.
Kerryon today sure sounded like he was gonna be on the team. I'm sure it's not guaranteed and everyone has to say that, but I think he makes it. 

Will be Scott vs Howard for the 4 spot. But Scott's special teams just has to put him over Howard barring an injury or miracle. 

Kerryon today sure sounded like he was gonna be on the team. I'm sure it's not guaranteed and everyone has to say that, but I think he makes it. 

Will be Scott vs Howard for the 4 spot. But Scott's special teams just has to put him over Howard barring an injury or miracle. 
Also not sure there's a role for 2 "big" RBs and Howard doesn't catch all that well, and from reports at least, Johnson is a good receiver.  2019 Jordan Howard would have a shot, but not sure that guy is around anymore.

Difference being is wentz has done it for years and hurts has played like 5 games
Hurts has been playing football long enough to know to protect the ball better same with Wentz. Guys shouldn't have to magically learn how to protect the ball when they reach the NFL. Hurts fumbling issues reminded me more or less of when Vick would fumble it. The point I was making was people arguing how Hurts didn't turn the ball over like Wentz was but completely regarding the fumbles. 

dhockster said:
I think you are absolutely crazy if you don't think Watson is ever playing again. There is likely not enough evidence to support a criminal charge and the lawsuits will most likely be settled. Even if the Eagles don't trade for him, someone will be willing to take him on for his talent.
20 females have come forward? I've also heard in passing a few times from sources that had said Watson isn't this "great person" that he portrays in public. For a long time I just thought it was people who had bad experience with him or something but with this now I'm starting to believe these guys more. If this was some kind of extortion to Watson there's no way 20 different women come forward as eventually the story would've changed too much. 

I won't go into too much of the story or why or why not the women didn't press criminal charges and such, but we live in a completely different world right now. Whatever team if he does play again trades for him, they surely aren't giving up high draft picks for him and his value is all but gone. Even if the case is settled it's gonna be a hard sell for any team here. How does said team know someone doesn't try and bring the case to court again with potential better evidence eventually? Watson either way will probably also be facing suspension or punishment from the NFL itself. At the very least I don't see him playing this coming season unless some miracle happens. Then if the NFL suspends him lets say 4 games that's 21 games he's missed. Oh and when you are suspended by the league you can't practice or anything with your team. 

If a team does take a chance it's usually gonna be a Very very desperate team. 

Dr. Octopus said:
I didn't say they would just immediately turn to Flacco. I think if they had another young QB or better back up over Flacco Hurts would be on a much shorter leash. My point was everything I've heard (Talked the the first source Friday who gave me this initial info) and said things hadn't changed. Doug wanted a younger back up QB to develop incase something similar to Wentz in the playoffs happened again and they weren't trotting out some 40 year old back up. No offense to Josh McCown who played a very gutsy game but they needed a better younger back up. Howie trying to do damage repair with Doug got Reagor and Hurts to appease the coaching staff hoping smooth things over a bit with Pederson and the staff. The scouts and many football people were not pleased since many wanted Justin Jefferson. 

I think Hurts should count his blessing the Eagles didn't take a QB in the draft or sign a better back up. But don't be surprised if Newsome becomes the back up either and ends up playing some games if Hurts struggles. I think with nothing to really play for this year Hurts has a longer leash then say if we were expected to reach the playoffs. 

Like I said awhile back don't be surprised if the Eagles take a QB early this draft or Next year. My sources were all very adamant that if Wentz was traded (Since this was back in January) that the starting QB was not on the roster already and wouldn't be shocked if they took their QB in this past draft or next years in '22. Now that doesn't mean Hurts would then be traded initial. He'd probably just end up keeping the back up job till his contract is up unless someone gives them a really good value offer on Hurts. 

Now do I hope Hurts is the guy? Sure because that's better overall for everyone. If he's not its the biggest hole we'd have to fix. 

Howard would be gone for sure. Gainwell I heard will get the Nyhiem Hines role to start. Scott is a good situation guy Return specialist which we don't have many of so I could see him sticking around for that and he's good depth for injuries if they happen. They also have Adrian Killings and Huntley. I could see if one of those guys lights it up in camp and preseason Scott and Howard gone and still carrying a 4th but Scott would have an edge as neither guy plays teams 

Schedule leaks so far:

Week 1: @Atlanta

Week 2: vs San Fran

Week 3: @Dallas (Monday)

Week 4: 

Week 5:

Week 6: vs Tampa (Thursday)

Week 7: @LasVegas

Week 8:

Week 9:

Week 10:

Week 11:

Week 12: @NYGiants

Week 13: @NYJets

Week 14:

Week 15:

Week 16: vs NYGiants

Week 17:

Week 18: vs Dallas

New jersey numbers officially announced (in addition to Jalen Hurts moving to #1 earlier):

2 - Darius Slay

6 - DeVonta Smith

14 - Kenny Gainwell

17 - Khalil Tate

24 - Jordan Howard

27 - Zech McPhearson

30 - JaCoby Stevens

34 - Kerryon Johnson

39 - Elijah Riley

48 - Patrick Johnson

51 - Landon Dickerson

56 - Isaac Seumalo