What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (7 Viewers)

Eagles 2021: 6-11 (374)

@Atlanta Falcons W

San Francisco 49ers L

@Dallas Cowboys L

Kansas City Chiefs L

@Carolina Panthers L

Tampa Bay Buccaneers L

@Las Vegas Raiders W

@Detroit Lions W

Los Angeles Chargers W

@Denver Broncos L

New Orleans Saints W

@New York Giants L

@New York Jets L

Washington Football Team L

New York Giants W

@Washington Football Team L

Dallas Cowboys L

Defense got them 3 turnovers and their kicker missed 2 FGs. 

That offense will beat the dregs of the league easily. They were saying last night they don't play another team that made the playoffs until week 11. I expect them to have at least 7 wins by then. 

I mean it shouldn't really matter. Eagles ain't winning the division. And Dallas isn't winning the Super Bowl. Just see them taking the East easily this year barring a Dak injury. 
They did well with turnovers last year IIRC. Obviously we won’t know for sure but if they don’t get those it felt like TB would have scored 45. 

Their offense will have down days. When they do, can the D save them? I just wouldn’t expect that level of offense every game but if so, than I agree they’ll be very good.  

Please let me know if I come in the Cowboys thread talking trash after taking an L. Only Cowboys fans.  :lmao:

If you guys want to know what it’s like to beat Brady we can tell you about it. Well it’s a little different, the one that comes to mind wasn’t regular season. 
You congratulated us on the L but somehow I’m talking smack? 

I :blackdot:  ‘d you talking smack. I didn’t respond. I didn’t say wait until we play, nada. 

I’m just here for the Cowboys football talk. You guys talk about the Cowboys more than we do in our own thread so I just figured it be a great place to talk with fellow cowboy fans like yourself.

They did well with turnovers last year IIRC. Obviously we won’t know for sure but if they don’t get those it felt like TB would have scored 45. 

Their offense will have down days. When they do, can the D save them? I just wouldn’t expect that level of offense every game but if so, than I agree they’ll be very good.  
And to be clear, I don't think they'll be VERY good. I think they'll be the 4 seed in the NFC and get about 10-11 wins. 

Please let me know if I come in the Cowboys thread talking trash after taking an L. Only Cowboys fans.  :lmao:

If you guys want to know what it’s like to beat Brady we can tell you about it. Well it’s a little different, the one that comes to mind wasn’t regular season. 
Dallas has been inferior to us for the last quarter century but you can set your watch to the textbook superiority complex we'll get from most of the fanbase every season. That's what has mostly replaced our annoyance/hatred in the rivalry, compared to the prior 25 years when it was because they were actually good/winning during those years.

Division Titles: Eagles 9, Cowboys 6

Playoff Wins: Eagles 14, Cowboys 4 (Eagles won 4 playoff games alone in 13 months, Jan 2018-Jan 2019)

Super Bowls: Eagles 1, Cowboys 0

They're not even the 2nd best team in the NFC East the last 25 years. The Giants, as bad as they have been recently, still have 5 division titles, 10 playoff wins, and 2 Super Bowls in that span. 

Annoying gnats now, instead of the giant horseflies of yesteryear. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas has been inferior to us for the last quarter century but you can set your watch to the textbook superiority complex we'll get from most of the fanbase every season. That's what has mostly replaced our annoyance/hatred in the rivalry, compared to the prior 25 years when it was because they were actually good/winning during those years.

Playoff Wins: Eagles 14, Cowboys 4 (Eagles won 4 playoff games alone in 13 months, Jan 2018-Jan 2019)

They're not even the 2nd best team in the NFC East the last 25 years. The Giants, as bad as they have been recently, still have 5 division titles, 10 playoff wins, and 2 Super Bowls in that span. 

Yep it’s hysterical to watch. But a season they are finally favored and get ready for the peacocking.  :lmao:

Rent free. Just wow. 

You don't understand the term. 
Yes, I do. You guys talked so much smack that year and rightfully so. But don’t be mad if your rivals get excited when their team looks good. 

We’re all fans here guys. How about we not take this stuff all personal? 

You guys all take your shots and that’s cool, just don’t get bent out of shape if others respond to snide comments. 

There's an entire generation of football fans who only know Dallas in the same context as Detroit and Cleveland.

Yes, I do. You guys talked so much smack that year and rightfully so. But don’t be mad if your rivals get excited when their team looks good. 

We’re all fans here guys. How about we not take this stuff all personal? 

You guys all take your shots and that’s cool, just don’t get bent out of shape if others respond to snide comments. 
What looked good? The box score offense? We have come a long way since the "We can run anyone behind this line" with those paltry rushing stats. Brady teams don't turn the ball over 3x often, otherwise, this was a boatrace. 

Does this team look better than last years' first 4 Cowboys games that were 1-3 or kinda basically the same?

I hear the hype every year trust. This year its Micah Parsons, who looked lost. 

I said 5 words, hardly bent out of shape :)

Yea last night confirmed for me Dallas wins the division as long as Dak stays healthy.
Yep.  As much as we hate it, Dallas was a missed OPI or FG away from taking down the defending champs, as the biggest underdogs of the week, on the road, with the first game back for their QB, on the night they raised the banner.  

Look I hate it too, but Dallas is a pretty good team this year and showed it last night.  I don't think they'll go deep into the playoffs, but the division is theirs.

What looked good? The box score offense? We have come a long way since the "We can run anyone behind this line" with those paltry rushing stats. Brady teams don't turn the ball over 3x often, otherwise, this was a boatrace. 
The Cowboys line you’re referring to was 7 years ago dude. The game plan was fine. They didn’t need to get 2 yards by slamming Zeke into a concrete wall. 

Does this team look better than last years' first 4 Cowboys games that were 1-3 or kinda basically the same?

It’s game one. I’m not coming to any knee jerk reactions after one week but I know they are different and they are not the defense they will be by the end of this season. I am sure of it and will be proven right or wrong by the end of this season. 

Parsons is a rooming going against the Super Bowl champs and the goat. Did you watch the all-22 of the game or are you just parroting what you saw Chris Collinsworth show on that one play? 

I wasn’t referring to you specifically. Nearly every post some of you guys make take a jab and that’s fine - but don’t get all indignant if I clap back in jest. 

You've been a lot cooler and more chill lately, I don't think anything you said was too harsh.  Your team is better than ours this year, try not to rub it in too much :P  
Thanks. I’ve been making a concerted effort. You guys are passionate and I dig that. That’s why I’m here. 

I have no intention of gloating. The Cowboys are trending up but they’re still chokers and need to improve. 

The Cowboys line you’re referring to was 7 years ago dude. The game plan was fine. They didn’t need to get 2 yards by slamming Zeke into a concrete wall. 

It’s game one. I’m not coming to any knee jerk reactions after one week but I know they are different and they are not the defense they will be by the end of this season. I am sure of it and will be proven right or wrong by the end of this season. 

Parsons is a rooming going against the Super Bowl champs and the goat. Did you watch the all-22 of the game or are you just parroting what you saw Chris Collinsworth show on that one play? 

I wasn’t referring to you specifically. Nearly every post some of you guys make take a jab and that’s fine - but don’t get all indignant if I clap back in jest. 
Collinsworth is a schmuck. The parts I saw of Parsons looked good. 

Anyone been to Phillies game recently? With the protective netting down the baseline is it right up against row 1 and would it be annoying in those seats? Love the safety for my kids but is it right in your face and do they put it down at all?

So glad we didn't get Micah Parsons. Dude looks absolutely lost out there. 

Overreact much? It was the first game of his rookie season against the GOAT with one of the best offenses in the league. Lawrence Taylor would have looked lost in that situation. Give the guy some time to adjust to the NFL before you bury him as a bust.

For me it confirmed Dallas might be in the same boat as last year when Dak was having a historic season through the first 4 games when he was healthy and the Cowboys were 1-3 because of their D and coach. 

Herbert could feast on that D next week and they wind up 0-2 to start the year. And Dak's arm might fall off if he has to sling it 50 times a game because they need to put up points to keep pace with the amount of points teams are scoring against them. 

1) The Dallas D will not have to play Tom Brady every week, so using last night's game as an indication of how good their defense is is shortsighted.

2) Dallas chose to pass rather than run (only 14 RB rushing attempts) because TB's run defense is so good, not because Dallas was out of the game. So again, using last night's game to extrapolate how the Cowboys will do the rest of season, is misleading.

Overreact much? It was the first game of his rookie season against the GOAT with one of the best offenses in the league. Lawrence Taylor would have looked lost in that situation. Give the guy some time to adjust to the NFL before you bury him as a bust.
Parsons is from Penn State so that is the only kind of take DJackson10 can post.

He's planting his flag so that if Parson's has a bad game in 2025, he can post 25 times about how he called it from his very first game.

It's also not recorded on a VHS tape the the rookies in the league now remember it 

Some ringer clown I never heard of (saw it while scrolling by) made a comment about if DAK was now better then Carson. Someone then brought up one of the guys old articles where he trashed the Chiefs picking Mahomes and how they'd regret their decision. He got off his high horse pretty quick 

There was already red flags with Parsons about if he cared about playing football among other things. These PSU guys get super overhyped and overrated ever year. Both Jamin Davis the guy out of Kentucky who WFT got and Unfortunately the Cowboys got Jabril Cox from LSU were both far better. The reason Cox didn't go sooner was he played at NDST for a few yrs before jumping to the next level 

Like how you reminded everyone 50 times how you called this back then?  And prefaced every post with "I don't like to brag but..." 

Yikes man. 

I'm just simple saying its not my fault people chose to ignore the glaring red flags of the guy for yrs. I mean I get it people were desperate but you guys are barking up the wrong tree here. Don't be mad at me be mad at the player and team. Don't understand how people can't say they were wrong on this forum. I've had multiple friends already tell me they were wrong and I was right. Didn't even mention it to them. They just messaged me or said something when they saw me. 

I mean to be fair I admitted already I was wrong on Miles Sanders. However that was more so because I thought he played with a very good Line, played weak competition and had ball security issues (His % of fumbles compared to those in his class and % of lost ones was higher then anyone else) at the college level. Plus I've seen for yrs media and fans overhype and overrate the PSU players like many do with Notre Dame constantly. So it wasn't like I was hating the guy simple for being a PSU player. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Phillies closing out the season tonight. Putting a nail on the coffin that was their playoff chances. 

When does the Fire Girardi chants and hashtags start? Can't come soon enough. meanwhile people wanted Kapler fired because he was different. The guy they thought was the Saving grace proves again he's a fraud of a manager without an All Star hall of fame roster behind him. 

When does the Fire Girardi chants and hashtags start? Can't come soon enough. meanwhile people wanted Kapler fired because he was different. The guy they thought was the Saving grace proves again he's a fraud of a manager without an All Star hall of fame roster behind him. 
Fire the scouting department and the minor league coaching staffs. These players suck and or don't get developed.

Ps I know there's a Phillies thread and baseball forum but it hasn't been posted in by a person other than me since like April. 

I'm just simple saying its not my fault people chose to ignore the glaring red flags of the guy for yrs. I mean I get it people were desperate but you guys are barking up the wrong tree here. Don't be mad at me be mad at the player and team. Don't understand how people can't say they were wrong on this forum. I've had multiple friends already tell me they were wrong and I was right. Didn't even mention it to them. They just messaged me or said something when they saw me. 

I mean to be fair I admitted already I was wrong on Miles Sanders. However that was more so because I thought he played with a very good Line, played weak competition and had ball security issues (His % of fumbles compared to those in his class and % of lost ones was higher then anyone else) at the college level. Plus I've seen for yrs media and fans overhype and overrate the PSU players like many do with Notre Dame constantly. So it wasn't like I was hating the guy simple for being a PSU player. 
Don't think anyone read this. Keep your bragging and arrogance about Ben in the NBA thread and not in the Eagles thread. 

Fire the scouting department and the minor league coaching staffs. These players suck and or don't get developed.

Ps I know there's a Phillies thread and baseball forum but it hasn't been posted in by a person other than me since like April. 

I think top down needs to be let go. Middleton should clean house. I feel sorry for Harper and Realmuto and Wheeler and Hoskins. 

Doesn't seem like many baseball fans in general though here. 

Don't think anyone read this. Keep your bragging and arrogance about Ben in the NBA thread and not in the Eagles thread. 

Not arrogance or bragging. I just like seeing sixers fans cry after acting like Cowboys fans for the last 6 yrs about how they were winning it all with Ben and how he was the next Lebron. If the fanbase can't take it maybe don't give it to people when it comes back to you all. If anyone was bragging the NBA had to hear it from Sixers fans the last 5-6 yrs. So I don't get why the fanbase is so upset when other fans go after them now. They should've expected this after the way it's ended. 

Not arrogance or bragging. I just like seeing sixers fans cry after acting like Cowboys fans for the last 6 yrs about how they were winning it all with Ben and how he was the next Lebron. If the fanbase can't take it maybe don't give it to people when it comes back to you all. If anyone was bragging the NBA had to hear it from Sixers fans the last 5-6 yrs. So I don't get why the fanbase is so upset when other fans go after them now. They should've expected this after the way it's ended. 
Calm down, this is the wrong thread for your gloating. Keep this thread only for long grocery store posts that no one cares to read. 

My cool Andy Reid story before the Season starts that Jason Kelce's father in law told me the other day. I believe he said its on the internet somewhere too

Travis Kelce Draft night Jason is with his brother. Phone call for Jason. Picks it up and its Big Red. Jason and Andy are still very close to this day because Jason has great respect for Andy who believed in an undersized C. They do their usually chit chat, small talk, how's life etc. 

Andy Then asks Jason how Travis is doing: 

Jason: "Trav is great coach. Just waiting to be picked. He's a great guy, lots of passion like myself for the game. He's a physical dude and I think he's gonna help any team he plays for. To be honest though he's just Nervous right now." 

Andy: "Thats all great man. Why don't you hand the phone to your brother as I want to talk to him."

Hands phone to Travis and says Coach Reid wants to chat with you. Travis looks at him perplexed

Travis: "Hello coach Reid?"

Andy "Hey Travis How's it going? Just wanting to ask you how it feels to be a Kansas City Chief right now." 

Kelce Family celebration commences 

Travis thanks Andy saying he's relieved and honored to play for the same coach his older brother started with and hopes to do the city proud. (I think he's accomplished that and more already)

So there's my Cool Andy story for the day. dude literally called Jason acted like it was a catch up call only to tell Travis the Chiefs drafted him. Pretty cool story and another side of Big Red the General public fan never sees 

Calm down, this is the wrong thread for your gloating. Keep this thread only for long grocery store posts that no one cares to read. 

Really don't get you anymore dude. You use to be one of the cooler people here and now you sound like a grumpy old man. 

Users who are viewing this thread