Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - If that’s what the coaching staff came up with after 10 days to prepare, the game after our bye is going to be hideous.

• The Noid changed the title to 2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Dallas week! Pour yourself a nice tall glass of pickle juice.
On 9/25/2021 at 10:39 AM, Bigboy10182000 said:

I’ll be happy with him making it through this one lol

No chance he plays 100% of the snaps in this game, but I appreciate the Colts helping us get all the snaps we can toward that 75%!

7 hours ago, The Noid said:

No chance he plays 100% of the snaps in this game, but I appreciate the Colts helping us get all the snaps we can toward that 75%!

Looks like he played every snap. Didn't see the game so I can't say if his performance was hindered by the injuries or the embarrassing offensive line 

14 minutes ago, Insein said:

Still amazes me that Mack Hollins is still in the league 

He must have dirt on everyone he plays for. 

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

🧐

I’ll take being wrong on this! But, it’s dangerously close to the Colts being so bad that they shut Wentz down later in the season so they can keep a top 5-10 pick. He has no shortage of valid injuries they would be able to shelve him with. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Noid said:

I’ll take being wrong on this! But, it’s dangerously close to the Colts being so bad that they shut Wentz down later in the season so they can keep a top 5-10 pick. He has no shortage of valid injuries they would be able to shelve him with. 

Their schedule is brutal too

27 minutes ago, The Noid said:

Colts sill have Jax twice, Houston twice - they have plenty of easy games upcoming. They just had a tough schedule early.  They will still be in the mix late in the season, no chance they pull Wentz the final four games. 

17 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Their schedule is brutal too

They should be 5-5, give or take, at week 10. Then Bills, Bucs, and Texans - so maybe 6-7 going into the bye? Assuming Wentz is healthyish (big if) - they arent benching their starting QB at that point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Noid said:

Their schedule gets a lot easier after Week 5, so I don't think it will come to that, but stranger things have happened. 

2 hours ago, The Noid said:

It would be a second level ironic if the Colts hesitated to bench Wentz in this scenario because of the fragility of his ego. 

1 minute ago, JetMaxx said:

It would be a second level ironic if the Colts hesitated to bench Wentz in this scenario because of the fragility of his ego. 

If they are hot garbage headed for a top 5 pick, they will be benching him. Most likely to draft a QB.

53 minutes ago, Insein said:

If they are hot garbage headed for a top 5 pick, they will be benching him. Most likely to draft a QB.

Heading for top 5, sure. That would have to mean they lost games against bottom-feeders though.  So far the Colts have hung in tough against good teams - yea they're 0-3, but it's not like they lost to the Jets or the Jags. They arent picking top 5.

• Like 1

• The Noid changed the title to 2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Dallas week! Dear Michael Irvin, the Vet's turfcrete sends its regards.

Game day! If there ever was a game that could set Dillard up for success, this is it with the Cowboys DLine so depleted. Could be make or break for him. If he looks good, maybe we can parlay that into getting a mid-round pick for him. If he can't hack it, it seals his fate in this city. 

50 minutes ago, The Noid said:

Game day! If there ever was a game that could set Dillard up for success, this is it with the Cowboys DLine so depleted. Could be make or break for him. If he looks good, maybe we can parlay that into getting a mid-round pick for him. If he can't hack it, it seals his fate in this city. 

At least he won't be the most hated guy in the city if he fails. That goes to a guy across the street right now taking up news coverage. So he's got that going for him too

Could've received a great young CB and maybe traded Ertz/Goadert for him. CB unit would be even better Also for those who wonder why this belongs here as well we play Carolina in 2 weeks. They just lost their top draft pick CB Jayce Horn to a broken leg for awhile and Henderson becomes his replacement 

Adam Schefter 

3m  · 

Jacksonville Jaguars have traded CB CJ Henderson to the Carolina Panthers in exchange for TE Dan Arnold.

Edited by DJackson10

I feel like the entire game comes down to him. Fearing he pulls a Winston Justice and gets Hurts wrecked, but if he can just play average they have a fighting chance tonight.

4 minutes ago, jasvic said:

I feel like the entire game comes down to him. Fearing he pulls a Winston Justice and gets Hurts wrecked, but if he can just play average they have a fighting chance tonight.

I think this game shows how good our Defense really is. If they can hold Dal to under 20 I feel we got a shot. I just don't trust Hurts in a shoot out. That was another one of the games where Hurts performed admirable in the 1st half and did his MIA Houdini act in the 2nd half. I think the Line play is going to be key. I wouldn't mind if the Eagles played this possession game and managed the clock. More so keep away from the Dal offense. 10-14 play drives where they take over 5-6 mins off the clock if not more each possession. Easier said then done. It's not that I don't trust the defense as it's the offense that worries me and the team being safe and conservative with play calling again. After this week is the KC game so we could easily has 2 straight losses headed in the our week vs Carolina and TFN vs TB. 

7 minutes ago, jasvic said:

At least Justice was going against a line that had Umenyiora, Strahan, and Tuck. If Dillard has a Winston Justice game against this lineup...:yucky:

3 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

I think this game shows how good our Defense really is. If they can hold Dal to under 20 I feel we got a shot. I just don't trust Hurts in a shoot out. That was another one of the games where Hurts performed admirable in the 1st half and did his MIA Houdini act in the 2nd half. I think the Line play is going to be key. I wouldn't mind if the Eagles played this possession game and managed the clock. More so keep away from the Dal offense. 10-14 play drives where they take over 5-6 mins off the clock if not more each possession. Easier said then done. It's not that I don't trust the defense as it's the offense that worries me and the team being safe and conservative with play calling again. After this week is the KC game so we could easily has 2 straight losses headed in the our week vs Carolina and TFN vs TB. 

You don't trust hurts?  BIG SURPRISE

• Laughing 2

4 minutes ago, need2know said:

You don't trust hurts?  BIG SURPRISE

Has gone MIA in the 2nd half of 5 of his 7 starts. Thats not a good sign. Very weak arm, hasn't thrown one pass over the middle of the field yet, missed a TD to Ertz in the first game. I mean theres a lot here for fans not to trust. I know people complain about my bias but your bias on Hurts has been excruciating painful. I don't think I've seen you once criticize the guy to be fair when it was fair too do so. 

Coach Andy Reid was taken to a hospital in KC after yesterdays game for precautionary measure. He was apparently suffering from Dehydration. He was released this morning. 

Gotta drink that pickle juice coach!!!!! 

32 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Has gone MIA in the 2nd half of 5 of his 7 starts. Thats not a good sign. Very weak arm, hasn't thrown one pass over the middle of the field yet, missed a TD to Ertz in the first game. I mean theres a lot here for fans not to trust. I know people complain about my bias but your bias on Hurts has been excruciating painful. I don't think I've seen you once criticize the guy to be fair when it was fair too do so. 

I think you're supposed to wait for the 7th start to actually happen before you complain about it....

Also, "very weak" - I dont think thats remotely accurate. Average arm, sure, he doesnt have a Josh Allen or Wentz arm.  Thats doesnt mean its very weak.  Again you lose credibility when you exaggerate.

The other issues, of course.  They were all his negatives in colleges too and in the scouting report. He'll have to learn to get more accurate and make reads from the pocket.  We dont know if he will or not. I mean, the Eagles didnt draft him expecting him to have to start so soon. Nobody expected Wentz to go SuperBaby and demand out before he played even a single year of his extension - but, he did, so here we are. So yea, there are going to be some painful moments while we see this season if Hurts can learn to improve.

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Last season he gets a total pass from me.   Team was a train wreck.  He was one of the only good things to happen last year.

Atl game he was fantastic.   Then he struggled, predictably, against a stout San Fran team.   Tonight's a big one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Good potential for Hurts with Dallas missing 5 DL starters. It will be interesting if he finally test the middle with Jaylon Smith lagging behind receivers. Could be a big game for Hurts confidence.

1 hour ago, G-King said:

Good potential for Hurts with Dallas missing 5 DL starters. It will be interesting if he finally test the middle with Jaylon Smith lagging behind receivers. Could be a big game for Hurts confidence.

I agree. I think it's gonna be a fun high scoring game

3 hours ago, need2know said:

Last season he gets a total pass from me.   Team was a train wreck.  He was one of the only good things to happen last year.

Atl game he was fantastic.   Then he struggled, predictably, against a stout San Fran team.   Tonight's a big one.

This.

I'm far from sold on him, but had hopes coming out of Atlanta. Dallas offense is fantastic, but it's defense is more then a little suspect. I think the makeshift O-line (which isn't all THAT makeshift) will be fine against a weak Dallas rush. More interested to see how our Defense holds up, but fully expecting something like 38-28 Dallas....while hoping for the reverse.

A turnover or two our way would be nice.........

53 minutes ago, Insein said:

45-42 Eagles.

This score in no way reflects the fact that I have Sanders and Zeke and I'm down by 40 points. :oldunsure:

I hit the lol emoji....but in a similar boat in a couple leagues and need a big game from Sanders and Goedert....and a BAD game from Zeke!

We are the only team with 0 giveaways and 0 takeaways this season. I think tonight that dam bursts tonight (either for good or for bad.) 

Yeah I see us getting a turnover or 2.  But also giving back some

• The Noid changed the title to 2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Dallas week! “That Ball Was Underthrown”, the Jalen Hurts story.
6 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

I think you're supposed to wait for the 7th start to actually happen before you complain about it....

Also, "very weak" - I dont think thats remotely accurate. Average arm, sure, he doesnt have a Josh Allen or Wentz arm.  Thats doesnt mean its very weak.  Again you lose credibility when you exaggerate.

The other issues, of course.  They were all his negatives in colleges too and in the scouting report. He'll have to learn to get more accurate and make reads from the pocket.  We dont know if he will or not. I mean, the Eagles didnt draft him expecting him to have to start so soon. Nobody expected Wentz to go SuperBaby and demand out before he played even a single year of his extension - but, he did, so here we are. So yea, there are going to be some painful moments while we see this season if Hurts can learn to improve.

Ok its not an NFL starter arm Strength is that ok

He's not gonna learn at this level. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. This is why the RG3's and Lamar's aren't gonna be consistent and routinely make constant mistakes. I don't have much faith in a guy who's Freshman year issues are also now his NFL issues. 

Sure no one did but I think there's a heck of a lot more into this then I think we know. A lot of stuff was greatly exaggerated like Doug and Carson's broken relationship. The main issue of all it is still hear in the GM though. 

6 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

When compared to other NFL QBs, Hurts lacks arm strength, doesn't have great touch and isn't an accurate passer.  

I'm not optimistic the Eagles will ever be able to fix this team with Howie Roseman running things.    

• Like 1

• The Noid changed the title to 2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Coaches and players thoroughly overmatched and embarrassed in ugly loss.
  • The Noid changed the title to 2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Bet no one had "Taken to the woodshed by Jason Kelce" on their Ben Simmons Drama Bingo card
  • The Noid changed the title to 2021 Philadelphia Eagles - If that’s what the coaching staff came up with after 10 days to prepare, the game after our bye is going to be hideous.