What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (18 Viewers)

Two LOL things from last night:

• Sirianni being caught on camera mouthing "It's always him!" in frustration after one of Barnett's penalties. 
  • Hurts in the post-game press conference saying: "When you take a deuce, you don't stare at it. You flush it down."
I think what he meant is that yeah the whole team took a ####, and they need to play better and reflect, but erase this from the memory bank ASAP and move to next week 

Hurts was certainly a problem, but a few tweaks could've set him up to succeed a bit more, motion, play action, RPOs, more running game

The penalties drove me nuts, and just letting the Cowboys run all over them because they were so afraid of Lamb and Cooper, sheesh 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just thinkin that Mike Shanahan / Jake Plummer offense would probably work very well with this team. Play action and bootlegs all day long. :)  

Actually, when you take a deuce, you do stare at it in case it has blood or is tarry or is loose or anything that tells you about gut health.

You stare at it and you learn from it. Then you go to the doctor to see what's wrong with you.

Signed,

Expert Deuce Watcher

PS The Eagles stunk last night, but you're not the Jets!

Actually, when you take a deuce, you do stare at it in case it has blood or is tarry or is loose or anything that tells you about gut health.

You stare at it and you learn from it. Then you got to the doctor to see what's wrong with you.

Signed,

Expert Deuce Watcher

PS The Eagles stunk last night, but you're not the Jets!
That will be the title of the end of season hype video. "But we're not the Jets!"

This Tomsula?

Nah. He showed he's got something upstairs. I'm starting to buy into the Lurie and Howie are telling the coaching staff what to do because this looks exactly the same as years past. 
They were kind of talking about this on the radio today.  Previous administration saw no value in getting the ball to Miles.  You could chalk that up to poor coaching.  But the new administration seemingly with the same assessment begs the question, is Miles really not good or is there pressure from up top to air it out and not run.  He’s looked pretty electric to me when given the chance to shine.  2 carries yesterday is…absurd.

Sirianni - If he thinks Hurts is the best player on offense then we are screwed. Hurts is an above average QB but he's not the guy yet. 
no...NO he is NOT an above average QB. An above average QB makes many of those plays Jalen left on the field. MOST rookies who become above average QBs make some of those plays. his accuracy and poor timing is a huge issue

no...NO he is NOT an above average QB. An above average QB makes many of those plays Jalen left on the field. MOST rookies who become above average QBs make some of those plays. his accuracy and poor timing is a huge issue
Right, I hope he continues to improve, or more accuratley begins to improve.  I really do.  I like the kid, he seems to have his head on straight and he appears to posess real leaderships skills.  But considering the way he's played so far, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he is not the starting QB for the Eagles in 2022.  

And that is giving full deference to the fact that Sirianni's play calling is hurting not helping.  

don't know if Cowboys are that good or Eagles that bad.  Some very basic things are off, like don't extend RPO plays where lineman are downfield.  I still then Jalen has a ton of talent.  The lack of Sanders usage was mind boggling.  I bet the 49rs would find a way to make him a star.  He's got skills

They were kind of talking about this on the radio today.  Previous administration saw no value in getting the ball to Miles.  You could chalk that up to poor coaching.  But the new administration seemingly with the same assessment begs the question, is Miles really not good or is there pressure from up top to air it out and not run.  He’s looked pretty electric to me when given the chance to shine.  2 carries yesterday is…absurd.
With his contract, the youth on that side of the ball and his talent there is no sense in not running him into the ground. Absolutely no reason he doesn’t get 20 touches per game. 

Even if you do get penalized for INTs, he'll put up good numbers. Really no different than last year - those rushing totals mean a lot in fantasy terms even if in real life it's not so good.

Yeah even Lamar has good numbers despite the INT's and fumbles in fantasy. I lost a matchup last year because the dude had Russel Wilson who threw like 2 picks and had a Fumble lost or something and he lost about 6 or something pts do to it. But because Wilson ended up passing for almost like 400 yds and 4 TDs it didn't matter and one of the TDs basically canceled out the neg points. I really hate Fantasy in that regard sometimes. And the sad part was the TD he threw as garbage time too. 

We are about to get punched in the face again this week, let’s see if coach can prep a little better this time. 

Try the next 2 weeks. I fear for Hurts physically going up against Carolina. That defense is pretty legit again. Wouldn't be surprised if KC puts 50 up on us but maybe Andy being a classy Sport won't run up the score against his old team. 

To be fair it’s a new scheme with a very young offense and staff. The defense is also moving to a scheme that relies heavily on good LBers. 

I don’t expect us to be very competitive and didn’t heading into the season. 

Im still good with them all learning and growing together. This is a rebuild whether they want to admit it or not but it’s gonna be painful. This is kind of why I had issues with the “just play him and see what he has” approach. It doesn’t take long to see what they have lol. 

Yeah I expected things like last night to an extent and why I'm not totally Pissed off we lost to Dal. More upset how we lost because with better execution and a more competent passer there were plays to be made last night. Even if the QB was young  a lot of those plays are plays Hurts SHOULD BE ABLE TO MAKE RIGHT NOW. They weren't over the top only an elite QB can make types either. Pretty simple Football IQ ones at best. That's what pisses me off the most these days in dumb IQ mistakes and mistakes that should never be made. 

Yeah could be rough, if Nick/Jalen can’t show us something against Carolina and LV I may start rooting for our 1st round picks next year which is setting up like a nice fall back so far. 

So who’s the top QB prospect this year? :lmao:

Sam Howell from NC: looks pretty good despite NC out of the rankings now after losing to Georgia Tech. He had a heck of a throw on a 20 yard comeback and hit a WR High point in the back of the Endzone on a very nice play late in the game. Definate NFL arm. Didn't see a enough to really see a lot good or bad from him. Daniel Jermiah sees Howell as another Baker Mayfield type which honestly I'd be good with

Spencer Rattler from Hurts 2nd school OU: We all know how I feel about Big 12 QBs but Rattler has been incredible inconsistent and was horrible Week 1 in college this year. Right now scouts have him as the top guy I vehemently disagree though 

matt Corral Ole Miss: Didn't do well year one as a passer but after 3 yrs he's gotten better. Some scouts think he's the best QB Prospect I haven't seen a lot of Corral despite watching the SEC because Ole Miss games are usually on when I work. 

Malik Willis of Liberty is more of a scrambler guy Some believe he could benefit of another year in school Day 2 pick 

Going down the list further of Day 2 guys

Desmond Riddler of Cincy is an intriguing prospect.Not a scrambler but some athletic ability. However probably a back up in the NFL 

Jayden Daniels ARZ ST: Showed some playmaking ability at ARZ ST. Played bad in a shortened COVID 202 PAC season but people see him as someone who could rise up the board and make a little noise and things interesting for the top 3 or 4 guys on everyones big board 

Kedon Slovis**, QB, USC Day 3 pick at one point was projected as part of the day 1 guys. Accurate passer but really inconsistent right now 

JT Daniels UGA transfer from USC: Lost his job to Slovis at USC and transferred. Didn't do well against Clemson first game 

Emory Jones UF: Emory is a very inconsistent passer but dynamite runner and showed it off more against Tenn this past week. He came back strong and played Alabama pretty tough. He's a headache at times to watch. You see there's talent there but sometimes the dude makes a play or read he shouldn't that has you scratching your head and Dan Mullen getting in his face for some tough love. 

Dorian Thompson-Robinson UCLA: We could draft a guy Chip Kelly Coached!!!!!! The dudes horrible but just wanted to put his cool double last name there and let everyone know we can draft a guy our buddy Chip had in school 

D'Eriq King, QB, Miami: He's more so a name at this point most fans who follow know. Not impressive passer at all 

Sean Clifford*, QB, Penn State A guy most Eagles fans would know. He's terrible in fact Walter Football last sentenced is "He's Terrible inaccurate as a passer" which is all you need to know. Projected as a UDFA probably a camp body for most teams and a good scout QB on the practice squad. 

As you can see the QB position is very unimpressive. Only reason I could see the Eagles keeping Hurts another year even if he isn't the guy is because he's cheap and the QB class this draft is incredible weak. Daniels ARZ St could have sleeper potential and a steal possible. However the first 3 guys I could probably throw a dart at their names and say that guy is gonna be a success in the NFL and could be as much wrong as right. No clear cut #1 yet. Eagles might hold off on QB unless they trade for one 

I think we go into full-on sell mode at the deadline this year if we lose the next 4 (very realistic) and Ertz, Cox, and maybe even Sanders are traded. 

I've said before if a team comes knocking for Sanders and gives us at least a 2nd next year I seriously think about. They want to give us a 1st I say yes and get that paper work to the League office and signed before the other team changes it's mind. IMHO I don't think anyone is off the table besides a few of the younger guys. RBs are a dime a dozen this league and teams are having success with RBBC too. You don't need a bell cow anymore. 

As a Penn State fan, that's a no on Clifford. The guy is Hackenburg 2.0 as far as arm goes. I'm just wondering which game he chokes this year. 

This guy is a younger, thinner Jim Tomsula.

Dude seems to have a lot more knowledge of the game. Think he's still learning and this is his first year calling plays. If the dude ends up being here for 10-15 yrs and we win a SB or 2 out of it and some division titles I'll gladly take this bad right now. We'll see. I'd still take Sirianni over McCarthy Joe Judge and some others in this league 

You forgot his noodle arm 

As a Penn State fan, that's a no on Clifford. The guy is Hackenburg 2.0 as far as arm goes. I'm just wondering which game he chokes this year. 

Hackenburg had at least a little more talent. He was super overrated though and Clifford despite having a punchable face like McSorely won't throw his coaches or teammates under the bus. Still remember the reports that when teams Interviewed Hackenburg about the sacks he threw the offensive line and coaching staff under the bus. Like dude you are interviewing for a job here and they are asking you to show you can take some accountability. Hack could throw the ball strong the problem is no one never knew when it came out of his hands where it'd go after that. I still remember the game he tried to hit a WRs and nailed a coach right in the head. Like how do you miss a guy that badly and hit a coach? Maybe Rodgers or Mahomes with their arms could do that if they tried hard enough 

Either way my point outside of the top 3 guys this draft class sucks depth wise and I'm not even big on the top 3. I was all in on Carson 3 yrs before he was drafted. Herbert grew on me as time went on the last year before he was drafted last year. I was big fan of Mac Jones this past year and really like Wilson and Lance this year. 

yea next years draft isnt looking great.  i think if Hurts bottoms out we trade for a vet.
I could see them still trading Hurts, grabbing a guy as a bridge and taking a guy in 23 as well. All possibilities. Like I said back in Jan about 70-75% of the people who make the decisions were against Hurts. Considering what's taken place the first 3 weeks don't think any of those opinions have changed and the number could be very well higher now. So Hurts even if he performed poorly. but had some really great games was not a guarantee to be a starter in 22. 

The best though is all the Hurts fans who said all the excuses we couldn't use for Wentz they are now using for Hurts. It's like clock work with some of these people 

Also game he chokes I have my bet on the Iowa St game. Though OSU and Michigan could be bangers too for him 

Also game he chokes I have my bet on the Iowa St game. Though OSU and Michigan could be bangers too for him 
Iowa. Not Iowa St. 

Also theres Michigan St to end the year. If Penn State runs the table, they deserve to be top 3 if not top 2. Big 10 is loaded this year. 

3 rushes by non-QBs was lowest in NFL since 1960. But, the prior low was 4 and it happened once in 2018 (Vikings) and again in 2020 by the eventual Super Bowl champ Bucs. 

Sirianni is playing 3D chess, people! 

Yeah he has enough arm. It’s still #### like THIS that he’s failed to get better at from last year to this year. That goes down as another pass attempt and an incompletion but that’s a layup for most QB’s at this level. 

His decision-making this week was much worse than in week 1, in addition to the inaccuracy being higher this week. I also thought that there were some cases where he had a RB open in the flat when there was pressure and he didn't even look that way for what should be an easy dump-off.

Insein said:
Iowa. Not Iowa St. 

Also theres Michigan St to end the year. If Penn State runs the table, they deserve to be top 3 if not top 2. Big 10 is loaded this year. 
You are putting Penn State in Alabama/Georgia territory?  C'mon.....you don't really believe that, do you?

No not really. They'll prove it to me by losing one or more of these games. If they do win put though, I think they earned their playoff stamp. 
They certainly have a path to the playoffs, but like Oregon, they aren't in the same stratosphere as Bama/Georgia.  Oregon is lucky it plays in the Pac12 because this isn't a top 4 team in any other major conference.  Penn State has a much tougher road.

Some tidbits from Sirianni's press conference today:

• Need to run the ball more
  • Won't use motion unless it's for a purpose (WTF?? This is the second time he's said this and it's probably the most concerning thing to me, among all of the concerning things, right now. At the very least the "purpose" is to disguise the play, make the defense show their coverage, distract, etc. so if you don't think anything of those things are needed/worth it, that's worrisome. Never thought we would move on from Doug and staff only to REGRESS when it came to an already too-little use of motion)
  • Not revealing what the OL will be this week for "competitive purposes" (my read: Dickerson is probably out, healthy or not.)
  • Does not have regularly scheduled meeting with Lurie; speaks with him almost daily through normal interaction in the building
  • Won't single out Barnett: Have too many penalties as team, period.
  • Eagles "offensive scheme" is "Explosive plays and protecting the ball" 🤔

• Won't use motion unless it's for a purpose (WTF?? This is the second time he's said this and it's probably the most concerning thing to me, among all of the concerning things, right now. At the very least the "purpose" is to disguise the play, make the defense show their coverage, distract, etc. so if you don't think anything of those things are needed/worth it, that's worrisome. Never thought we would move on from Doug and staff only to REGRESS when it came to an already too-little use of motion)
  • Not revealing what the OL will be this week for "competitive purposes" (my read: Dickerson is probably out, healthy or not.)
  • Does not have regularly scheduled meeting with Lurie; speaks with him almost daily through normal interaction in the building

I might have been too harsh on Jim Tomsula.....

Strange answers to some of the questions

The motion thing is beyond odd. Did Indy not motion a lot a year ago? I’m wondering if it’s him or the OC. 

I can’t find the article but I recall there being a direct correlation between motion used as great offenses. 

not sure how best to write this out, so just posting the video. Quinton Mikhell and Jason Avant do a podcast on youtube, that is a pretty good breakdown from player's perspective on schemes and analysis of the play:

i know Siriani and Hurts are getting all the attn for the loss, but they do a great job of the defensive issues. Point out good stuff from the SF game and this one where Gannon made some significant mistakes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15y_zOeEWM0&ab_channel=InsideTheBirds

start around 16:00 mark and let it go for a bit. nice to hear call back to Jim Johnson 

my 2 cents on the game is that this was expected. high high and low lows with a rookie coaching staff and basically a rookie WR and QB. the unexpected variable is being down 3 OL already 3 weeks into the season, that makes the lows come a ton more 

ETA: actually whole thing is pretty good. they are taking the "fan approach" with the podcast, but break it down with a lot better analysis of the actual games

Shady to retire as an Eagle tomorrow and be honored at the game Sunday (ladies only celebration to follow.)

That's unfortunate. This guy was an absolute garbage person. After he left and saw some of the stuff come out on him I was glad Chip traded him. He was probably the biggest fraud during the Riley Cooper N Bomb incident because he was the biggest offender of the N Word shouting it at everyone and anyone in ear shot. Then you got how he treats the ladies and how he treated his baby mama. Unfortunately I won't be there on Sunday because I'd honestly being booing this clown. 

Users who are viewing this thread