What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (5 Viewers)

The tweet he was relying to was this. Basically believe nothing unless Les comes out later and hears the same.  It’s draft season and we are gonna pick everyone

“Great respect for @mortreport but if the Eagles really are sure about Jalen Hurts going forward, that’s a conclusion they have come to very very very recently, and I don’t think he’s produced any new tape to evaluate.”

**ETA** The surrounding him with talent comes on the heels of us discussing trading Brandon Brooks, so there’s that as well lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Lurie thing is overblown. If he's that involved, we should be having multiple reports from the local sources confirming it. This sounds like the owner said, "don't leave Hurts out to dry like you did Wentz so we can see what we have before paying him" and it got twisted to "Lurie says make Hurts the starter or else."

The tweet he was relying to was this. Basically believe nothing unless Les comes out later and hears the same.  It’s draft season and we are gonna pick everyone

“Great respect for @mortreport but if the Eagles really are sure about Jalen Hurts going forward, that’s a conclusion they have come to very very very recently, and I don’t think he’s produced any new tape to evaluate.”

**ETA** The surrounding him with talent comes on the heels of us discussing trading Brandon Brooks, so there’s that as well lol
Yeah take when Lurie says with a grain of salt. If they did come to this decision it just happened because back in January everyone who I talked to said gun to their head pick a '22 QB1 for the Eagles and most said if the Eagles don't make the proper changes Carson wants neither Hurts/Wentz will be on the team. Not sure how you can go from one extreme to the he's the guy.

Surrounding Hurts with talent clearly tells me the Eagles know he's not as talented as Wentz was and needs guys around him to succeed. Hurts has to manage the game for them. That's all that says to me 

I think the Lurie thing is overblown. If he's that involved, we should be having multiple reports from the local sources confirming it. This sounds like the owner said, "don't leave Hurts out to dry like you did Wentz so we can see what we have before paying him" and it got twisted to "Lurie says make Hurts the starter or else."
Lurie and others don't necessary believe in Hurts. So like I said months ago take whatever he says with a huge grain of salt 

Agreed 

Also I agree. We'd have already had multiple reports. Only Thing I go by is just take it with a grain of salt what Lurie says. He's more involved then he says but how involved he is, is overblown. 

If they aren't taking a QB, I'm trying to move up a bit to get Sewell. Failing that, Chase or Pitts, in that order. One of the three will be there since 3 QB are likely going in the top five before them.

If they aren't taking a QB, I'm trying to move up a bit to get Sewell. Failing that, Chase or Pitts, in that order. One of the three will be there since 3 QB are likely going in the top five before them.
Honestly I think it's all a smoke screen They know what they want. I think if there's a QB they like that drops later they will take him. Other then that I think they take a WR/Pitts at #6. I'm not wasting draft picks to move up. We need them. If whats not there at #6 then I trade back a little for more picks maybe try and snag a 3rd this year and something for next year. 

Trading back to 8 if the Panthers want a QB makes the most sense. Maybe get a 3rd+ and still be in position to take the guy they want. 
I would imagine they would have the choice of two of the top three WR and probably Pitts. Guessing would come down to if there was one of who they fell in love with. 

I know Carson is gone and had a bad year but it was still the right decision to pay him when they did. If he had stayed on track, he was making $26m a year. Dak is going to get $42m a year for the next 3 years. Jesus. 
Yeah, that's the downside of waiting to pay a QB.  He had no reason to do a deal that wasn't clearly better than getting franchised and testing the market.

Jesus Christ that Dak deal.
What have I been saying for the last few yrs now? The Cowboys will get desperate and overpay DAK. They had no out. They could franchise him again but they got cap issues this year as well. DAL was negotiating without any ammo left. After last year how DAK played and I'm sure how the Carson thing went down DAL didn't want to question themselves on the QB situation. Horrible contract from the team stand point. Great for DAK though 

Two different mocks I saw today had phi taking a qb in round 1 -  Trade up for fields in 1; taking Mac at 6.
Would be surprised if either of these happened.  Am fine with Fields but not with a trade up.  Mac at 6 would be rough.

Would be surprised if either of these happened.  Am fine with Fields but not with a trade up.  Mac at 6 would be rough.
Not that he's always right, but Chris Simms had them like this:

1. Zach Wilson
  2. Trevor Lawrence
  3. Mac Jones
  4. Kellen Mond
  5. Justin Fields
  6. Trey Lance
For comparison, he had Tua at #4 last year and Herbert at #2 after Burrow.  That doesn't mean I want Mac Jones at 6, but I would like to have a QB who can work the quick game as well as be able to go downfield.  Lance is very raw and Fields has a cannon and is accurate but with a slow release and a bad habit of hanging in the pocket.

In the end, I think after the first two, however you rank them, there will be better players at #6 than any of the remaining QBs.

1. Zach Wilson
  2. Trevor Lawrence
  3. Mac Jones
  4. Kellen Mond
  5. Justin Fields
  6. Trey Lance
For comparison, he had Tua at #4 last year and Herbert at #2 after Burrow.  That doesn't mean I want Mac Jones at 6, but I would like to have a QB who can work the quick game as well as be able to go downfield.  Lance is very raw and Fields has a cannon and is accurate but with a slow release and a bad habit of hanging in the pocket.

In the end, I think after the first two, however you rank them, there will be better players at #6 than any of the remaining QBs.
a 4th round prospect in Mond as the #4 QB?  Oof.

It’s foolish to think that all that is true and factual in a guarded organization makes it to the press and subsequent public. 

1. Zach Wilson
  2. Trevor Lawrence
  3. Mac Jones
  4. Kellen Mond
  5. Justin Fields
  6. Trey Lance

That's where I'm at on QB. Also I'd put Trask well before Kellen Mond. I've seen that guy play and he's not that impressive and to have Mond over Fields and Lance is laughable to me as well. However going back to the QBs after the first two I look at it like this. Is any of the QBs after them worth taking in the top 10 and where would you rank these guys if the QB class from the year before was available? Would #s 2.3 and 4th QB options be ahead of last years at those spots? if the answer is no you go with the other positions available prospect wise. 

i know this is pure Wentz drama, but:

Dov Kleiman

@NFL_DovKleiman

#Eagles QB Jalen Hurts said Carson Wentz has not spoken to him since Wentz was traded to the #Colts last month.

i guess that isn't too abnormal, but still seems awfully petty

That's where I'm at on QB. Also I'd put Trask well before Kellen Mond. I've seen that guy play and he's not that impressive and to have Mond over Fields and Lance is laughable to me as well. However going back to the QBs after the first two I look at it like this. Is any of the QBs after them worth taking in the top 10 and where would you rank these guys if the QB class from the year before was available? Would #s 2.3 and 4th QB options be ahead of last years at those spots? if the answer is no you go with the other positions available prospect wise. 
I think Fields has a pretty low floor.  From Simms POV, he struggles with pre snap recognition, holds the ball and thinks he can shake off rushers like 2010 Big Ben, and that's the kind of thing that can turn a guy into a bust in a couple of years.  

I'm getting pretty comfortable there's only 2 QBs I'd take at 6 and they'll both be gone.  Otherwise I think they're better off taking whoever is still that that has a chance to be elite, with a high floor.

It’s foolish to think that all that is true and factual in a guarded organization makes it to the press and subsequent public. 
It's been years since these rumors have surfaced. No one has ever clarified it? No former employees or players have spilled the beans? No one has ever open d up after leaving that Lurie secretly meddles in team affairs? No reporter has any connections that can't get the real story? Come on now. 

i know this is pure Wentz drama, but:

Dov Kleiman

@NFL_DovKleiman

#Eagles QB Jalen Hurts said Carson Wentz has not spoken to him since Wentz was traded to the #Colts last month.

i guess that isn't too abnormal, but still seems awfully petty
I mean would you talk t the guy who stole your job? 

In safety news a guy who was a possible target Jets Marcus Maye was just franchised so take him off potential targets list there. The good thing some projected DAL to sign him with his old College DC Dan Quinn there. We were projected to take him for safety need and his DB coach just came here 

???

If they trade to 8 as was suggested in the previous post, one of Pitts, Chase, Devonta or Waddle should be there. Probably more than one.
Like a year ago, they would decide the 4th best was better than the top three even if all of them were not gone. Reshot << Jefferson

sort of kidding, or tongue n cheekish

I like listening to him because he doesn't just go with the groupthink and always has a reason for how he ranks them.  He's wrong sometimes sure, but he also talks at times about guys he's been wrong on, and what he's learned from it.
i love the guy's who don't just regurgitate the group think. 

At this stage I have no interest in the same cookie cutter mocks anyway. They’re all the same now and it’s always “OMG THIS SUCKS” even if it deviates a little bit. 
yeah. agreed a lot is mocks based off of someone else's, and teams putting info out there to try and trick other teams and lure them into trades or drafting other guys. I like to skip this part of the NFL year until we get free agents and the actual draft

I like listening to him because he doesn't just go with the groupthink and always has a reason for how he ranks them.  He's wrong sometimes sure, but he also talks at times about guys he's been wrong on, and what he's learned from it.
hes really wrong about mond. wow thats terrible

I had no idea who he was if I’m being honest and was shocked to see him so high. With that said, he didn’t just toss his name out there and gave details why. I’m good with that. 
Ya but it still smells of "look at me and my crazy pick, look how many people are talking about me now".

I get deviating from the mocks, but when every scout doesn't even have him in the first two rounds, putting him that high is dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread