Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Same stadium, different bottom-dwelling NY team; undefeated record against the Jets is on the line

22 minutes ago, Saint said:

I agree with the others, is DW Top-5 QB, yes he has been there.  But as a fan, I don't want him. 

I would rather keep the three-1st rounders, use them to improve our Offensive Line and Secondary.  Offer a trade with one of them to get Aaron Rodgers next year before Denver, run the ball with Sanders and win the Lombardi.

I'd love AR12 here, but I just can't see why he would want to. Unless we trade for Randall Cobb...

1 hour ago, Saint said:

I agree with the others, is DW Top-5 QB, yes he has been there.  But as a fan, I don't want him. 

I would rather keep the three-1st rounders, use them to improve our Offensive Line and Secondary.  Offer a trade with one of them to get Aaron Rodgers next year before Denver, run the ball with Sanders and win the Lombardi.

If getting Rodgers for just money is an option I’d be for that all day. Same if Wilson is released which is unlikely. 

If not I’d deal with Houston for Watson and part with one of the first round picks. Getting a player of his caliber for a pick is phenomenal. After that deal Hurts for a conditional 3-4-5 or keep him. 

• Like 1

• The Noid changed the title to 2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Bet no one had "Taken to the woodshed by Jason Kelce" on their Ben Simmons Drama Bingo card
8 hours ago, ProstheticRGK said:

I agree 100%. Give him the season, and change up the playcalling so he is under center more with a real designed running game and 3-step drops.

The problem is, if he doesn't progress, what do we do next year?

Depends if a QB is available that we think has more potential.

I'm fine with using our extra picks to stockup some young talent on this team - we are so thin across the board, we are not just a QB away. Use those picks to get better across the board, and bring in someone to provide legit competition for Hurts. Garappolo, a rookie with one of the firsts (just no trading multiple), some vet...   Might be that we don't see improvement - but Hurts is still our best bet. Depends if we still believe in potential or not.

On 10/20/2021 at 7:54 AM, Tom Hagen said:

Your experience is obviously different, but every Eagles fan I know loved Wentz from the day they drafted him until mid way through last season.  I know at least 1 cat and one 3 year old boy named Carson because of how much someone loved Wentz.   I also don't remember one person I talked to that even considered keeping Foles over Wentz. Being happy that Foles won a Super Bowl isn't somehow hating Wentz.

I also stopped listening to WIP years ago so maybe I missed a lot of stupid stuff.

I work in retail so I get to see a lot of different things. I've worked my current job in Delco for 17yrs. For about 5-6 yrs people wouldn't be caught dead wearing Sixers gear. Always a Lebron Jersey whatever team he was being a mercenary for, some Kobes and whatever team was winning the titles. Up until a few yrs ago I hadn't seen a lot of Sixers garb. I saw a lot more Union stuff then 76ers stuff to put it in perspective. So I notice what trends are. Do to frequent customers I can tell who's bandwagoning off some team or not. 

I've worked with a lot of different people from different areas of the tri-state area as well. So opinions vary. I don't listen to WIP but my one buddy does when we are in the car and I feel like one day just calling the morning show and just ripping Cataldi and proving what a fraud he is. The hot takes I hear people who listen to this garbage from work just makes me shake my head. I've been fortunate to have a Grandfather who ended up making it all the way to Temple for Football and a cousin who got to low level college and now coaches at the prep. So between those two and people I know I think I'm a lot more qualified to give an opinion than some of these hosts on radio with their hot takes. I know radio and Journalism has changed these days and long gone are actual sports debates and facts. 

On 10/20/2021 at 1:35 PM, Deamon said:

Well he quoted and responded to the same post twice, and then quoted his own post lol.

Also, staying on topic helps.  His "bringing up Ben Simmons in an Eagles thread when no one else talked about Ben Simmons" count is up to 4 times for the week.

Because people keep comparing the two like they are the Same. Carson left do to people in the Organization. Ben is just an entitled millennial who didn't get his way so he's throwing a temper-tantrum. This is why we shouldn't be giving out participation trophies to kids. 

On 10/20/2021 at 4:49 PM, Terpman22 said:

I hear this "Should have Kept Foles" over Wentz argument. Its always a lazy argument b/c it was never simply "Hey we have 2 QBs we like, lets just sign one and not sign the other at the end of the season" when it was much much more complicated than that. 

I've lost count how many times I heard this from coworkers and customers on a daily bases. It was frustrating. 

On 10/20/2021 at 5:59 PM, Insein said:

He has to have at least an 8 game suspension if they want to even began to appear like they care about protecting women. 

I'd go further and say a whole season. Make him the example of the behavior. Start big or go home. I mean we already know how the NFL feels of these situations thanks to the Ray Rice incident. It took a fricken tape to leak by TMZ for the NFL and Ravens to get involved. 

On 10/20/2021 at 8:10 PM, need2know said:

One thing is for sure.  Hes not a piece of #### who will quit on his team.  So that buys me alot

That said he doesn't seem like an nfl starter to me.   We are in a weird spot.  No great qbs in the draft......not sure what the answer is but it's not hurts 

If they don't find their guy I'm cool with sticking with Hurts at least another year since we aren't doing anything or bring in some Veteran stop gap who knows by 2023 he's gonna be backing up with whatever Rookie QB we draft and when we feel he's ready to takeover it's his job. 

15 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Because people keep comparing the two like they are the Same. Carson left do to people in the Organization. Ben is just an entitled millennial who didn't get his way so he's throwing a temper-tantrum. This is why we shouldn't be giving out participation trophies to kids. 

No you do. 

7 hours ago, Terpman22 said:

It'll just switch again. To half the fan base liking him and the other half still wishing for something/someone else. Been doing it for a long time now. 

I don't want him, for personal reasons. My wife is still the "Your team hired a Dog Killer" type so I don't need "Woman Harasser" added to that pile along w Snowballing Santa, batteries, Mike Irvin's neck, etc from the typical general American that likes to hate on the city of Philadelphia. 

In other news apparently Aaron Rodgers was asked which city has the best trash talking fans: "Philly fans". He went on to give a short story of a guy sitting behind the Packers Benches who kept trash talking him despite GB killing us. Said the dude was still going like it was just about to be Kickoff in the 4th QTR when The Eagles had no chance. He said I had to turn around ad wave to the guy just to acknowledge that. 

Apparently Rodgers and Eli view our fans a little differently 

11 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Sounds more like a stalking horse. MIA is the only horse in this race and HOU is intentionally leaking bad info out to get a better deal from MIA and hope they outbid themselves. Smart on HOU's part but Watson has already stated he wouldn't waive his no trade clause to come to Philly either. 

44 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Because people keep comparing the two like they are the Same. Carson left do to people in the Organization. Ben is just an entitled millennial who didn't get his way so he's throwing a temper-tantrum. This is why we shouldn't be giving out participation trophies to kids

Right.  Such a tired trope.  Kids getting trophies at 8 years old for participating in little league didn't influence Ben Simmons in the slightest bit. Come on, quit with the goofy Tucker Carlson talking points.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

It’s not complicated. Both Carson and Ben forced their way out because neither have the strength to face adversity head on. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

Right.  Such a tired trope.  Kids getting trophies at 8 years old for participating in little league didn't influence Ben Simmons in the slightest bit. Come on, quit with the goofy Tucker Carlson talking points.

Not a talking point today's kids are entitled to the fullest. Quick story we have a group of kids who've been wrecking havoc in my community no younger then 7th and 8th grade. They come into my store steal things including liquor and wreck the place. One week they decided to play chicken with cars and got an elderly lady upset and mocked her. The language and how these kids talk to people who tell them to stop is reprehensible. Now they are uncovering manhole covers and other things. Someone on our community page I talked to said cops knew about and so did the kids parents but no one wants to do a thing about it. 

I had one kid at my work fired because he has anger management issues. Dad came in and told us "We are suppose to help him with his anger issues." Me being the PIC that unfortunate night told the father he was out of line and as a parent thats your responsibility and maybe whatever medical help you get him and his teachers not us. We're running a business and your kid doesn't know how to act. 

Just from stuff I've read about Bens life he was always entitled and behavior enabled. If things aren't revolving around him he acts out. We need to do a better job overall stopping this enabling behavior. Teach people life and the world isn't always fair and it just doesn't revolve around you. 

On 10/20/2021 at 3:56 PM, G-King said:

Chill out....Where did I say I disagree? He’s got some good info, it’s just usually in a novel that you have to cipher through.

It's like having to dig through an entire pile of manure to find a needle.  You're good here and are almost always respectful, not sure what Pigskin is so upset about.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2021 at 8:35 AM, jon007 said:

Watching the All-22 is frustrating. Could you imagine having BDN in this offense with these receivers? It's almost like this offense is built for Foles. 

Do people really still think Foles is a good QB?  He'll always be our hero but if you can't show even a touch of success in numerous other offenses, and are 3rd on the Bears depth chart, then you wouldn't succeed as a full time starter for a full season anywhere.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Goedert is available in my league. Do you Philly gals & guys expect him to be  #1 or #2 in targets going forward?  Between Ertz and him there have been 50 targets in 6 games. 

Logically this would make sense. In our current reality, I have no idea what they will do each week. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Insein said:

The guy I traded Gainwell too just dropped him. Thinking of picking him up and plugging him during the byepocalypse. Tell me why this is a stupid idea. 

He will get 2 touches 

39 minutes ago, need2know said:

He will get 2 touches 

The logical part of my brain knows this. But than the irrational part says he'll get like 6 catches for 70 yards this week on dumpoffs and screens. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Insein said:

The logical part of my brain knows this. But than the irrational part says he'll get like 6 catches for 70 yards this week on dumpoffs and screens. 

I mean he could.   But the lack of even trying the run game is strange and down right alarming.  It's like the new coaching regime doesn't just not like running the ball they think it's wrong to even try.

That's arrogant and stupid 

And thats one reason they shouldn't be our coaches long.  And to do that with a rookie qb who needs all the help he can can get. Ugh. Beyond dumb.

Edited by need2know

On 10/21/2021 at 10:19 PM, babydemon90 said:

How many participation trophy’s did you get? 

Imma guess ZERO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deamon said:

Do people really still think Foles is a good QB?  He'll always be our hero but if you can't show even a touch of success in numerous other offenses, and are 3rd on the Bears depth chart, then you wouldn't succeed as a full time starter for a full season anywhere.

Truthfully has anyone seen his Numbers outside of the playoffs in the SB in his second stint here? Yes his W/L record was pretty good but he was pretty mediocre. In the playoff game against an avg bears team it took a lucky block for us to win. People should really go look at his actual numbers. I remember after Carson got hurt we won the LAR game but after that till the playoffs Foles was abysmal and we were all talking about possible one and done in the playoffs. He failed to take advantage the next year of an awful TB secondary. had good Passing yard numbers but threw on TD. he played really avg in both playoff games. Everyone blames Alshon for dropping that last pass but Foles had a terrible game himself. 

Yeah thanks for winning a SB with us Nick but people need to realize he's on a long list of other QBs to win a SB who weren't great. Looking at Joe Namath and his career stats you have to wonder how that guy is even in the HoF? All because of one quote guaranteeing a win in the SB. Other then that Joe was a pretty poor QB overall. Trent Dilfer had an OK career but he isn't winning a SB outside of that Baltimore historic Defense. Brad Johnson with TB? Yeah Nick played the game of his life in that SB but he was never great. 

On 10/21/2021 at 10:38 PM, DJackson10 said:

Not a talking point today's kids are entitled to the fullest. Quick story we have a group of kids who've been wrecking havoc in my community no younger then 7th and 8th grade. They come into my store steal things including liquor and wreck the place. One week they decided to play chicken with cars and got an elderly lady upset and mocked her. The language and how these kids talk to people who tell them to stop is reprehensible. Now they are uncovering manhole covers and other things. Someone on our community page I talked to said cops knew about and so did the kids parents but no one wants to do a thing about it. 

I had one kid at my work fired because he has anger management issues. Dad came in and told us "We are suppose to help him with his anger issues." Me being the PIC that unfortunate night told the father he was out of line and as a parent thats your responsibility and maybe whatever medical help you get him and his teachers not us. We're running a business and your kid doesn't know how to act. 

Just from stuff I've read about Bens life he was always entitled and behavior enabled. If things aren't revolving around him he acts out. We need to do a better job overall stopping this enabling behavior. Teach people life and the world isn't always fair and it just doesn't revolve around you. 

And I still missed where this has anything to do with participation trophy.  Did Ben get a participation trophy as a kid? If so, can you explain the causal relationship here?
I dont'disagree Ben was enabled/coddled, as far off topic as we now are.  But you said it had something to do with actual participation trophies.

7 hours ago, Deamon said:

Ye, hes not the answer.  If we need a stopgap till 2023 may as well run out Hurts again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

Goedert is available in my league. Do you Philly gals & guys expect him to be  #1 or #2 in targets going forward?  Between Ertz and him there have been 50 targets in 6 games. 

You would think but with Hurts hesitation to use the middle of the field unless Dallas is running out routes he might be a hit or miss most weeks. Depends also who you have at TE. I had Ertz and dropped him and someone else took him and dropped him and now I'm using him to replace Dawson Knox's  bye week and maybe another game do to a broken hand. Id trust Ertz more right now in ARZ then I would Goedert in PHI between those two though for the time being. 

Again depending who you have and who else is available if there's a useless player hogging up bench space you could use drop him and stash Goedert for now and go with a wait and see approach 

5 hours ago, Insein said:

The guy I traded Gainwell too just dropped him. Thinking of picking him up and plugging him during the byepocalypse. Tell me why this is a stupid idea. 

I was thinking of starting him then dropped him because I have Williams possible coming back and I just picked up McKissic 

5 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

And I still missed where this has anything to do with participation trophy.  Did Ben get a participation trophy as a kid? If so, can you explain the causal relationship here?
I dont'disagree Ben was enabled/coddled, as far off topic as we now are.  But you said it had something to do with actual participation trophies.

It was just a metaphor of how entitled and enabled and coddled kids are today. Everyone gets a participation trophy, everyone is told how great they are etc. I had a my dad's Grandpop who when my uncle asked why he never went to watch his baseball games answer him "Why so I can watch you suck all game?" I'm not asking for that. I just want them to learn the world isn't always gonna be fair and I think if they learn that at a young age it's for the better. 

12 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

You would think but with Hurts hesitation to use the middle of the field unless Dallas is running out routes he might be a hit or miss most weeks. Depends also who you have at TE. I had Ertz and dropped him and someone else took him and dropped him and now I'm using him to replace Dawson Knox's  bye week and maybe another game do to a broken hand. Id trust Ertz more right now in ARZ then I would Goedert in PHI between those two though for the time being. 

Again depending who you have and who else is available if there's a useless player hogging up bench space you could use drop him and stash Goedert for now and go with a wait and see approach 

50 targets to TEs in 6 weeks is high. I'm not sure which part of the field was used. Does it matter when there are that many targets?

1 hour ago, The Noid said:

Darren Waller was a late add to the injury report for the Raiders and now listed as Questionable for tomorrow :oldunsure:

I need him with all by bye weeks too but at least I have Pitts. Its my money league too. 

So with the trade deadline fast approaching a few thoughts on other players who could be traded at the deadline. Note: This isn't saying WE SHOULD TRADE THESE PLAYERS OR ITS A BAD DEADLINE. This is just some fun and unless the team gets really good value I wouldn't trade these guys unless they know say Goedert and Nelson can't be resigned then get something for them if they think the possible Comp pick won't be as high. 

Stephon Nelson: He's on a 1 year contract and has played great according to pro football focus but trading him gives McPherson, and Gowan some extended snaps for the Eagles to look them over. Teams he'd fit: Bal and TB

Fletcher Cox: Another down year at 31 and he may not fit Gannon's scheme (whatever that is). A trade could clear cap space and allow the Eagles some movement. Team fits: Buff, Raiders, Chargers, Bal, 

Dallas Goedert: Yes the Eagles see how TE's who have had less production than DG has gotten in FA and may not want to pay it. Plus I've heard that the team isn't as high on him as some people think. They love Tyree Jackson who they think can be a physical and athletic match up nightmare when he's healthy Teams fits: Buff, SEA, CHI, Chargers Cin, Cle

Lane Johnson: Forget the anxiety issues for minute. He hasn't been reliable in the availability department for awhile now. He's 31 but could instantly help a team like Cinc right away. Also Jack Driscol has been pretty good as a fill in. There's multiple teams needing OL help too. 

Miles Sanders: If we aren't gonna give him the ball might as well trade him. I think some of his non touches are do to Read options and RPOs not being read right by Hurts. Would be interesting with a better QB see what happens. Plus Gainwell was just drafted in the 3rd round which is usually never a good sign at RB for an incumbanent at the spot: Team fits Bal, SF ARZ, MIA

Darius Slay: Why trade both your CBs? Slay might bring us back some really good value. Tremendous leadership and despite the Hill game has played well. 5th highest paid DB AAV salary but Bal and TB could use a DB like Slay and he'd fit perfectly with Bal 

On 10/22/2021 at 4:10 PM, Bigboy10182000 said:

I’m too immature for Anthony Harris’ injury designation 

Should've asked Gabe Kapler for some healthy tips on that. 

Per Rapsheet Andre Dillard gaining interest

Eagles offensive tackle Andre Dillard: He was drafted to be the left tackle of the future, but it hasn't quite worked out like that. Instead, that title has gone to seventh-round find Jordan Mailata. Dillard hasn't been in the starting lineup, and recently, he has been taking reps at guard in practice. So, teams have been calling with trade interest. He did impress while playing left tackle against the Panthers, and that improved his stock. The Eagles won't give him away, and there are scenarios where he's a part of their future, anyway. But teams believe a quality second-day pick would be enough to pry Dillard away.

• The Noid changed the title to 2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Finally a uniform color hubbub that DOESN’T involve Kelly Green!
  • The Noid changed the title to 2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Same stadium, different bottom-dwelling NY team; undefeated record against the Jets is on the line