What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (6 Viewers)

Duce is the definition of how this city views its players. If you want to be viewed as a star just come here, be gritty and average and you’re a God in the after life :lmao:

This season is what most of us thought it would be. I don’t know when or why we started thinking losing gracefully was going to be a thing. When you lose as many games we teams like us there is VERY LITTLE that looks good. This season was about seeing what we have and week to week it gets more clear on both sides of the ball and coaching. 

Right now we need:

1. Quarterback 

2. LBers

3. more DL

4. Quality veteran coaching. 

5. New GM

That’s what I’ve got from this season so far. We should have possible top 5 FA money along with the most draft capital of any team. Much of that top 5 can be addressed I’d think but this is what rebuilding teams look like and should be expected. 

Radio talking heads needed something to complain about. This is why yrs ago when the 76ers started tanking I compared NBA fanbase here to the Eagles. The Eagles fanbase would've never accepted that. I know different sports and easier in the NFL to go from last to SB winner or playoff contender but the point was the fact of expectations from certain fan groups. In Philly theres never gonna be patients for the Eagles rebuilding and when you got clowns like Cataldi, Gargano and Mikey Miss talking out of both sides it's even harder 

jon007 said:
Something fun. Top 100 QB Runs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/qh9ins/highlight_counting_down_the_top_100_qb_runs_in/

Mike Vick is a one man highlight reel. Eagles are the team with the most QB runs that made the list and they even left out Carson's run against WTF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8geJp5mVLA

Also to note. I saw a tweet from Kordell Stewart saying something like he would be better than Lamar in today's NFL. I'm not going to say that but Stew would be fun to watch. Another note, how have we not considered signing Newton?

Unless Randall Cunningham is on this list and part of the top 20 this list is real He had some of the most memorable QB runs of a QB ever. 

Why hasn't anyone signed Newton? He's not Vaxxed and what he can do playing wise isn't worth his other drama in the locker room. This is what happens to the drama queens who had decent enough talent teams could argue to keep them on the roster but then decline. These guys have shorter NFL careers then others. 

Per Jeremy Fowler people are keeping an eye on the Jalen Hurts situation. 

Some teams around the league are keeping an eye on Philadelphia’s quarterback situation – and whether Gardner Minshew gets a shot eventually. The consensus is the Eagles continue to stay with Jalen Hurts in the short term. But if the slide continues, coach Nick Sirianni might not have a choice.

Hurts ranks 26th in QBR at 38.8. The quarterbacks behind him are either rookies or veterans who have had tenuous rides in the NFC West (Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff). Scouts like Hurts but questioned whether he could get it done over a full season. Will he get a full season to help them find out?

a quote from the Arthur of the article 

"Reality check: it wouldn’t make sense for Philly to get rid of Hurts. For starters, he’s the only other experienced quarterback on the roster. And, secondly, Hurts has the respect and admiration of the young guys on the team. Cutting ties with him could set off a locker room mutiny. Head coach Nick Sirianni is not wading into that cesspool – at least not after seven up-and-down weeks."

Really don't get this quote at all. He's only been here a year and a half. Some of these players need to start being held accountable for bad performances too. Hurts is liked in the locker room but this isn't a guy we're talking about who's been here a very long time and would destroy the locker room if he was traded. He's been here barely 2 yrs. If Hurts isn't the answer and the Eagles draft or trade for his successor it doesn't make much sense for the Eagles to keep Hurts around and any trade he's probably part of the deal anyway. 

Also saying a Cesspool the author clearly doesn't know the Eagles locker room 

Judge’s antics and issues aren’t in the same ballpark and Siriani’s. It’s one thing to talk to the media a certain way and who cares. They’re not in the locker room. It’s another to make your team and staff run laps after a loss at the professional level. 

“It’s the worst first year but on a better pace than the 5th year SB winning HC had a year ago” 

These are the hot takes I’m taking about. This city (not saying you personally) is filled with idiots. 

“Burn it down!!!!!! Fire EVERYONE!!! 😡😡😡😡

*Team sucks cause of constant change like all the poor teams*

”I didn’t say burn it down like THAT!!! It should be a nicer, more calm fire that looks good and only loses by 1 each game!!!!! 😡😡😡

These are the “smart” fans who want two opposite things at the exact same time. 

Rebuilding teams look bad all over. Very, very simple. There is NOTHING Siriani can say that will not be made a big deal. 

These are the same fans who thought Hurts was the next best thing and wanted Wentz gone. They reap what they sow as they say I guess 

I think having a team hate you because you remind them of the times they had to work hard is better than having your team think you're a joke and choose to ignore you. 

From everyone I've talked too the players love him. Not 2 1/2 weeks ago I was talking to Kelce's FIL who said the players have a lot of faith in Sirianni and his staff. I just don't see where this the players view the coaching staff as a joke and aren't behind him. Seems like Personal opinions that aren't backed up by any facts 

Deamon said:
However, he's gotta stop talking like this at pressers, it's not making him look very good and makes us look like a kids football team.

Everyone here is aware about my Autism so I'm gonna speak from experience on this. A lot of people aren't fans or comfortable speaking in front of a lot of people daily. I was always like this. I never took notes or anything when I had to give class speech especially if I knew the topic well I kind of winged it and BS'd some stuff especially since most of the time I knew my teachers wouldn't even known what was true or not. Sirianni doesn't seem like he's a comfortable public speaker 

I would have guessed more than that. I guess this is why it’s a shock to so many. 

I said 4 or 5 I can't remember exactly. I know I said it dependent on how Hurts progressed and if the Defense could keep us in a few games. Also had us winning a game we had no business winning (So I guess Car counts for that part). 

Surprised Djax didn't vote for 0 wins.

I said in my prediction it all depended on what Hurts did and the defense this year. I even said we'd sneak a win in there we didn't deserve. If some players played over expectations I could see us 8-9 but realistically I knew this is a rebuilding year with new coaches and schemes and I think I had somewhere to 4-6 wins for us. 

Watch this brief video I found on YouTube if you'd like to see how defenses are controling how hurts executes the majority of those triple option rpos. We just don't have good enough designs on our rpos and not nearly enough variation to them.

Idk if the link will work here. If the link doesn't work this video is by Barrett Tone and a keyword would be rpo. if you wanna search for it urself it's pretty explanatory.

https://youtu.be/PzC-NylJMKQ

Look at the youth and inexperience just on the offense in Hurts, Sanders, Smith, Reagor, Watkins, Goedert (just now getting starts), Mailata, Dickerson and even Dillard. That’s a TON of inexperienced guys who are starting and getting tons of playing time.

The problem we are seeing is exacerbated since - that's all we got. Inexperience at QB. at WR, at Head Coach, OC, DC...there's no onw with inexperience that can give some "this is how things work in the NFL" lessons.

We did it right with Pederson as a first timer and gave him an experienced OC and DC.  This?  disaster. 

Everyone here is aware about my Autism so I'm gonna speak from experience on this. A lot of people aren't fans or comfortable speaking in front of a lot of people daily. I was always like this. I never took notes or anything when I had to give class speech especially if I knew the topic well I kind of winged it and BS'd some stuff especially since most of the time I knew my teachers wouldn't even known what was true or not. Sirianni doesn't seem like he's a comfortable public speaker 

Doesn't seem like he's comfortable coaching either

need2know said:
Doesn't seem like he's comfortable coaching either
That's the more important issue. I DGAF about how a coach does at press conferences. Means much more to the sportswriters than it does to the team or the fanbase. Belichick is awkward as hell at PCs but is the greatest coach of all time. 

The flower analogy from Sirianni was notable not because it made no sense, but because his gameplans also make no sense. Which leads you to think, when all of this is taken together, is the guy just way out of his depth? 

That's the more important issue. I DGAF about how a coach does at press conferences. Means much more to the sportswriters than it does to the team or the fanbase. Belichick is awkward as hell at PCs but is the greatest coach of all time. 

The flower analogy from Sirianni was notable not because it made no sense, but because his gameplans also make no sense. Which leads you to think, when all of this is taken together, is the guy just way out of his depth? 

Right.  I have seen nothing that makes me think he's doing a good job

Last week when Siriani accepted that penalty, when not doing so would have forced the Raiders to punt, it made me so angry I immediately switched to streaming another movie. I'm not subjecting myself to this crap for an entire game. I'll watch from the start and the second he makes another bone head decision I'm out. Until the next game. Also, I'm so tired of the vanilla defenses we've been showing all year. I get bending between the 20's, but only if they can stop someone in the red zone, which they can't. Granted, it's not like I expected them to be a playoff team this year but, come on. This isn't high school football we're talkin about here.

Disappointed to say the least.

For all this Minshew talk, don't forget the trade for him was a conditional pick. If he plays at least a half of three games the 6 becomes a 5. No way will the Eagles let that happen outside of injury. Get used to Hurts and his flaws, because I don't think either are going anywhere this season.

For all this Minshew talk, don't forget the trade for him was a conditional pick. If he plays at least a half of three games the 6 becomes a 5. No way will the Eagles let that happen outside of injury. Get used to Hurts and his flaws, because I don't think either are going anywhere this season.

You think they really care about that?

More important than the Minshew draft pick is where they end up in the draft in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounds. Currently, the Phillly picks are 1.06, 2.07, 3.06. If the GM thinks Hurts is worse than Minshew (I do), then keep playing him. 

babydemon90 said:
The problem we are seeing is exacerbated since - that's all we got. Inexperience at QB. at WR, at Head Coach, OC, DC...there's no onw with inexperience that can give some "this is how things work in the NFL" lessons.

We did it right with Pederson as a first timer and gave him an experienced OC and DC.  This?  disaster. 
Yep. With Doug it was a retool. This is a rebuild. Think Bengals from a couple years back. 

Eagles are fielding six LBs with a combined cap hit of $4.2M. 

The way the six LBs were acquired:

Taylor: 3rd rd 
Edwards: UDFA
Singleton: futures contract
Avery: Traded a 4th
P. Johnson: 7th rd 
Bradley: 6th rd

Eagles are fielding six LBs with a combined cap hit of $4.2M. 

The way the six LBs were acquired:

Taylor: 3rd rd 
Edwards: UDFA
Singleton: futures contract
Avery: Traded a 4th
P. Johnson: 7th rd 
Bradley: 6th rd
Well they're certainly getting their money's worth. 

Josh Tolentino @JCTSports

We'll see if this changes during full team period, but #Eagles RB Boston Scott is working with Jason Kelce and Jalen Hurts during pregame warmups right now. RB Kenneth Gainwell taking handoffs from backup Gardner Minshew and Nate Herbig. Possible first start of season for Scott

curious on Gainwell usage. he seems to have been pushed pretty far down the depth chart over the last couple of weeks. any reasons for this? he looked good in limited usage early in the year, but i haven't been watching close enough on things like blitz pickup and blocking in general. zero usage so far today.

ya huge day for us.  Just hope they dont consider sitting carson.  he played pretty decent though before the picks.
Yea they arent remotely there. He's playing fine. My prediction was that they'll be close to .500 at their bye, I imagine they still will.  This loss was huge for them in terms of missing the playoffs and making that pick be in the teens tho. A win here and they are in the thick of winning the division.

missed the game today (night shifter and nurses consider this a friggin Holiday which is on my holiday package). 

Did something happen with Gainwell? Shocked to see how much use the other RBs got.

missed the game today (night shifter and nurses consider this a friggin Holiday which is on my holiday package). 

Did something happen with Gainwell? Shocked to see how much use the other RBs got.
It was gameplanned.  He barely got a look until minshew was in and the game was out of hand.  Scott got a lot and so did Howard.  

So the real trick now is seeing if the coaching staff learns something. Atl and Det games we ran the ball with the RBs and controlled the game flow. This allowed their defense some rest. In kind the Defense ran some pressure plays which was easier against a bad QB but you still have to try it against good QBs to keep them honest. 

So next week if we see then throw 50 times and defense sits back to prevent again, then I'll have some concerns again. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Deamon said:
ya huge day for us.  Just hope they dont consider sitting carson.  he played pretty decent though before the picks.
If the reports out of Tennessee are true that Henry is done for the season than that division is wide open now. 

Users who are viewing this thread