What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (8 Viewers)

Von Miller to the Rams for 2 second day picks seems like something we should have been able to do but idk how numbers as far as cap and years left on his existing deal 

I take it back. I had NO CLUE he was 32 years old. I would have guessed 27-28

Lots of tread on those tires and recent injuries. Makes sense for Rams who are all in.

As a packers fan I would love if Eagles made Fletcher Cox available but I am reading there is zero chance he will be made available.

Lots of tread on those tires and recent injuries. Makes sense for Rams who are all in.

As a packers fan I would love if Eagles made Fletcher Cox available but I am reading there is zero chance he will be made available.
Eagles should be fielding all offers for Fletch if they're smart. 

I feel for Detroit fans. This was posted in the Detroit thread. 

Was what very concerning is that nobody in the crowd seemed to care they were getting destroyed again. Only the Eagle fans cheered and they were almost as many of team as Lions fans.   By the second quarter many of the people were in the corridors and stadiums bars watching other games.  By the mid third people were leaving, and by the fourth most left were all Eagle fans.

It's crazy! Goodell more worried about getting Gruden fired than what kind of product Detroit has created. Philly would be burning down the stadium by now.

It's crazy! Goodell more worried about getting Gruden fired than what kind of product Detroit has created. Philly would be burning down the stadium by now.

Gruden should've been fired years ago by ESPN. However there was hardly any Set fans at the game. Johnny Airport Clark posted a pic from the press box and it looked more like Det fans were practicing COVID protocols and taking social distancing to the extreme with the amount of empty seats there was. 

If ever there was an away game an Eagles fan wanted to go too and save money it was DET. Probably good last minute seats on the cheap too if you know what you are doing. 

Idk. I think if we had 50 years of the team being irrelevant, most of us would tune out and stop caring. 

Idk. I think if we had 50 years of the team being irrelevant, most of us would tune out and stop caring. 

Honestly I'm not sure. People discredit the huge football history in this town. it was already a football town in the early 1920s when the Penn Quakers were a powerhouse college team and the love affair of Football and Philly grew from there. 

We love to rag on the Eagles offense for their inability to use their weapons correctly but I decided to watch some college tape over the weekend on a few different colleges. The one school that stood out to me was Clemson and not for the best reasons.  

I wanted to see how DJ U has gone from a top QB prospect to almost being benched because apparently Daboo and company are amazing. I went back and watched tape from when Watson and the years of Trevor Lawrence and holy crap if there ever was a college program lucky to be where they've been it's Clemson. The amount of waste they have on some of the talents they've had over the years is really bad. The problem was hidden with great QB play from Watson followed by TLaw's heroics there. DJ U just isn't a good enough talent to mask Daboo and companies faults. TLaw did a great job getting balls to his play makers in Etienne and Mike Williams. Watson himself did well himself. However most of the time these playmakers weren't even the first second nor third read. Over a few different games I went from one of their first starts till their final games in college and you could see Lawerence and Watson seemed to go rogue on offense calling their own plays. Anyone who hires Daboo and his staff in the NFL is going to commit NFL Suicide. This guy unless he has a great QB is going to get exposed fast. 

Coming out of this I wasn't expecting to fin this but Daboo Sweeny and his staff might be the most overrated group in College Football that get praised. They've been fortunate with great QB play over the last Half decade and the fact the ACC isn't great and FSU isn't your Bobby Bowden prime FSU and MIAMI isn't Miami U of the 90s. How Clemson won a National title is a miracle and just a big pat on the back to the players. 

As for the Eagles staff Gannon's scheme seems to be good the problem is he needs LBs who can run laterally and tackle well and Safeties who play their zones well. Gannon has non of that. You can see some of these guys on defense hitting their assignments position wise but they just don't have the right skillset talent to execute. 

As for Cox I understood his frustration but it seemed like laziness and not holding himself accountable for his own poor play. 

Josina Anderson has me blocked on twitter. Must've hit a nerve when I talked facts about her Eagle boyfriend being a locker room cancer and being friendly with Chris Long  on twitter who ripped her a new one online awhile back during the infamous playoff game now. 

So the asking price for Cox had to be high because of the restructuring they did on his contract at the start the season. It would have meant $25MM in dead money and $0 cap savings to trade him, so essentially to eat that $25MM we wanted at least a 2nd rounder. End result, Cox is staying.

But, we did trade a 6th rounder for a CB from the Broncos that they just took in the 7th round of the 2021 draft. He hasn't even played a snap yet in the NFL. It's also the 2nd CB we got from Denver this year, after poaching Mac McCain from their PS in September.  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have the source but I remember an article back in 2017 about how teams would start to model the Eagles success. It was more about Howie's distribution of salaries to stay under the cap. In short Howie values positions vs players. My guess would be the valuations listed below. So getting low cost project corners fits the model.

Offense Values

QB - High
OL - High
RB - Med/Low
WR - High/Med
TE - High/Med

Defensive Values

DL - High
LB - Med/Low
CB - Med/Low
S - High

Special Teams

All Med/Low

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of players named Wilson, the team waived Eric Wilson. Wonder why they didn't do that yesterday to make room for the corner from DEN, instead of releasing Toth. 

Speaking of players named Wilson, the team waived Eric Wilson. Wonder why they didn't do that yesterday to make room for the corner from DEN, instead of releasing Toth. 
Turns out doing this after the deadline means the team can get some of his salary off-set if he is clamed by another team. If they did it before the deadline, they are on the hook for all of his $2.75MM.

Or not. Who knows how they would have filled in the rest of the team behind him. And whether Andy would have stopped doing ridiculous stuff like turn his O-Line coach into a DC. 
it's an interesting thought. I'd say Russ in Seattle with Carroll and Brees in NO with Payton are similiar examples where the coach and the f-o built their teams around the QB's. Both will be HoF considerations, but I'm not too sure either were elite enough to be as successful without the right situations. so eagles with Russ and Andy, could they have overcome some of the dysfunction we see with the Eagles over the years Foles was here? I would assume that dysfunction existed going as far back as Andy days with McNabb and beyond.

Wilson or Rodgers don’t come off as Philly type QB’s to me. Even if we were interested I just can’t see either wanting to be here. 
There's about a 1% chance that either come here. They will want to win now and we are no where near that level. New Orleans, San Fran, Pitt, Tenn all would be more enticing. The teams like Carolina, Denver and Miami would be more intriguing than Philly.

Wilson or Rodgers don’t come off as Philly type QB’s to me. Even if we were interested I just can’t see either wanting to be here. 

Rodgers would be more fun but only because he'd set some of these so called wannabe NY beat guys in this place and slap their egos out. Imagine Rodgers going at it with Jeff McLane in a press conference? Thats worth the free TV alone to me. 

Wilson is just too nice I think would let the media run all over him and then some when he played poorly or the team was losing. 

Honestly though we need to stop letting the media be our voice on who is good to play here or not. The media literally ran Wentz out of town because they didn't think he was philly material. They tried to early in his career with Cole Hamels as well. They've tried doing it with Giroux and any goalie the flyers have had since Hextall. Meanwhile the guy on the 76ers they should've been running out of town 3 yrs ago ( a little too late now) the media coddled. Our media sucks and so does our sports talk radio. 

Sometimes I actually think about if I had the money to start my own sports talk station in Philly. I wouldn't hire any of these jag offs. Honestly I would look to get Marc Farzetta as my main guy and build around him. Allow Eskin (can't deny he brings ratings to any radio show he does) in for the experience level with his own show. I'd be inclined to bring back Josh Innes because he would get the 18-40 demo ratings for me. The rest would be people I felt could hold a convo. Bring on Pompey for 76ers, Someone from crossing broad for the Flyers, Kevin Kinkead to do Union and soccer talk, Tim McManus and one other for the Eagles, some one for the Phillies. Then I'd bring in a few out oft owners to give the out of town perspective on the teams and fill in the gap with other sports talk similar to how The Fan in NYC does it. I'm probably even try and Steal Glen MacNow and Ike Reese and co too. But the characters like Mikey Miss, Gargano and Cataldi wouldn't even sniff the production room let alone get anywhere near my building. 

Then and maybe then we could get some sense into some of the Philly faithful and regurgitating what these clowns on radio say. 

Raiders had interest in Fletcher Cox honestly I think if I were the Eagles Id have asked for at least Clinton Farrel DE former Clemson guy. He was a former 1st rounder who hasn't materialized but would be a young cheap cost control guy that given a rebuilding team would be more patient with him. Definitely would be draft picks in there too included coming our way. Maybe incentive laden for performance of player and team 

The Raiders had interest in trading for Fletcher Cox and spoke with Eagles about him but could not come to a deal, according to @AdamSchefter

Insein said:
One first and a later round pick. Plus some incentives for more if we win a title or something. 

Article had this Hurts tidbit as well basically what I heard about Hurts too. To paraphrase and anyone who didn't click on the article Schefty talked about Eagles having pick and asked in for Mort to Confirm what he (Adam has heard) that the Eagles brass isn't confident in Hurts long term future with the Eagles. Mort said Jalen is a great guy and he hopes he's wrong but it's not likely Hurts is the long term guy there. Also said Hurts has the rest of the year to change their views but if you have a chance to draft a QB in their prime possible HoFer you do it if you can 

Mortenson on Schefter's podcast: "The Philadelphia Eagles...have a cache of 1st round draft picks, and there's no question in my mind Russell Wilson is on the top of their list."

Schefter and Mort also both confirm that Hurts has not convinced the Eagles that he is the "guy".

So who we rooting for tonight? 

I love seeing the Colts lose but they have to win these cream puff games right?  If not Wentz is going to get benched. 

Herbert might have an injury to his throwing hand. 
Really great? I got Rodgers out with COVID and now Herbert might be hurt? Actually just saw an update and Herbert was a Full Participant today so expect that line to change again if he gets a full one in tomorrow 

I love seeing the Colts lose but they have to win these cream puff games right?  If not Wentz is going to get benched. 

I don't know why people keep saying he's going to get benched. Why would he? He's not the reason they are losing games. Plus it kind of questions the leagues integrity if they do that. For the sake of Indy he needs to be starting unless he's out with injury. I guess some fans need something to worry about on a weekly bases. As of right now we're getting the 1st rounder. 

indy will not bench wentz. he's middle of the road and they don't have any reason to start their rookie qb this year. had to look this up, they're paying him roughly $22M and for that money he is not riding the pine when the team is clearly not playoff bound with or without him imo.

Users who are viewing this thread