What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (4 Viewers)

I don't think you realize how messed up the Texans offense was due to BOB's offensive scheme. Very complicated and the line never seems to know what they are doing. In Deshaun's first two years. They had very little talent on the Oline and this led to them having the most sacks allowed in 2018. They finally used draft capital to add talent to the line in 2019 and they only improved to 25th in sacks allowed and this year regressed to tied for 29th in sacks allowed. Their TE's have been weak, Their RB's have been weak, the only talent group was WR's and Fuller is always getting hurt or suspended. The fact that the Texans traded away their elite receiver in Hopkins and Deshaun still led the league in passing with a great TD/Int ratio should tell you something. Further, when Cooks was hurt late in the season and Fuller was suspended, the Texans started Keke Coutee and Chad Hanson. What did they do, they both had 100 yard receiving games in the same game. 

I get to watch most of the Texans games because I live in Houston, and he is the real deal. He is calm in the pocket, runs when he should, will throw it away when he has to, seems to know the offense, and throws an absolutely great deep ball. He has held the ball too long, but is getting better at that. If you are not impressed with him, then you probably haven't watched enough of him.

If he gets with a coach who know how to use him like Reid uses Mahomes, look out.
Watson is fantastic and any team with qb questions should think about him

He was. And Cam, damaged goods as he showed - was statistically better then Wentz in most categories.
Sure but is anyone really gonna take Cam if BB couldn't fix him either? Dude looked done. I wouldn't go anywhere near Cam If I were a team looking for a QB. 

I don't think you realize how messed up the Texans offense was due to BOB's offensive scheme. Very complicated and the line never seems to know what they are doing. In Deshaun's first two years. They had very little talent on the Oline and this led to them having the most sacks allowed in 2018. They finally used draft capital to add talent to the line in 2019 and they only improved to 25th in sacks allowed and this year regressed to tied for 29th in sacks allowed. Their TE's have been weak, Their RB's have been weak, the only talent group was WR's and Fuller is always getting hurt or suspended. The fact that the Texans traded away their elite receiver in Hopkins and Deshaun still led the league in passing with a great TD/Int ratio should tell you something. Further, when Cooks was hurt late in the season and Fuller was suspended, the Texans started Keke Coutee and Chad Hanson. What did they do, they both had 100 yard receiving games in the same game. 

I get to watch most of the Texans games because I live in Houston, and he is the real deal. He is calm in the pocket, runs when he should, will throw it away when he has to, seems to know the offense, and throws an absolutely great deep ball. He has held the ball too long, but is getting better at that. If you are not impressed with him, then you probably haven't watched enough of him.

If he gets with a coach who know how to use him like Reid uses Mahomes, look out.
I'm not arguing Watson isn't a good QB. I also know how bad BoB is. I told my PSU buddies when he was hired he's gonna leave after a few yrs and he's not that great of a coach. They didn't believe me till it happened. What I was arguing is that the Eagles are so bad Watson couldn't even improve the team how its current constructed. All these people who think Watson is the answer to all our troubles it's just laughable. I mean how much better do people think we'd have been with Watson this past year? Yes You can blame HOU as an Org and BoB's coaching as well. I don't know how true  this stat is but I Read HOU has an identical record from before he was there and the 4 yrs since in terms of W/Ls and Playoff record. Yes you can fault the org as much as you want or BoB but if Watson is as elite as people think he is, wouldn't he improve the teams record despite all of that? 

Point I was making was really how much better would we have been with Watson last year over Wentz/Hurts? 1 or 2 and bounced from the playoffs? The Eagles have bigger problems on a whole not just at QB. I don't think Trading for Watson does anything. Amount of assets we'd have to give up in terms of fixing the team as a whole taking Watson and giving up with little assets we have won't point us in any better direction. 

ow much better would we have been with Watson last year over Wentz/Hurts? 1 or 2 and bounced from the playoffs? The Eagles have bigger problems on a whole not just at QB. I don't think Trading for Watson does anything. Amount of assets we'd have to give up in terms of fixing the team as a whole taking Watson and giving up with little assets we have won't point us in any better direction. 
Bounced from the playoffs?  Sure, probably. We would have been a LOT better tho. How much did horrible QB play hold us back last year? Int, sacks, poor reading the field  - you name it. Granted, the O-line have to go through 63 different variations hurt a ton as well. Decent QB play puts a lot less pressure on the defense though.

Bounced from the playoffs?  Sure, probably. We would have been a LOT better tho. How much did horrible QB play hold us back last year? Int, sacks, poor reading the field  - you name it. Granted, the O-line have to go through 63 different variations hurt a ton as well. Decent QB play puts a lot less pressure on the defense though.
i agree.  if we had watson this past season we would have won our crappy division for sure.  probably by several games

i agree.  if we had watson this past season we would have won our crappy division for sure.  probably by several games
At this stage he’s the superior QB for sure. Obviously things can change (and they obviously have here) but right now he’s the better QB by a decent margin. 

Rob Maaddi

@RobMaaddi

I’m told new #Eagles QB coach Brian Johnson “loves” Carson Wentz’s ability as well as Jalen Hurts’ ability and the idea that Johnson’s relationship with Hurts means the team plans to trade Wentz is an overreaction.

And then we are stuck with Doug for another year and and delaying the rebuild even longer? I'm honestly happy we went through this past season the way we did. After the SB we got too complacent. I never root for losses but something big had to happen to show Lurie and company this team needs a lot of help. People got complacent after the SB and we still had huge holes. I'm glad we won in 17 and this doesn't take any credit from guys who stepped up but we were also lucky as well. If Foles plays that whole season over Wentz we probably are a in the playoffs but don't have a 1st round bye. Mills in the Goal Line should've been called for DPI 3 times on Julio, I always thought Minny was a cinderella and their clock was gonna run out. We got a lot of luck too. 

The SB jaded a lot of people from fans, coaches and media thinking we were ready to consistently be a contender. Truth is we were not yet. Had we had Watson and reached the playoffs we probably have another year of Pederson and trying to "retool". Now we can finally do that without wasting another year of delaying this process. 

Yeah but we probably get another year of Pederson and retooling. Watson would mask some of the holes but we really needed this org and team to get a wake up call. I'm glad it seems like it happened. 

I can see that. We'd probably be 6-10, 7-9. With one more win against Washington, that would have won it.
Only two games I see us winning we didn't are the Cincy game and the last WAS game with Watson. Still not sure if we beat BAL who Watson did lose to this year in WK2 or WK3 to PITT. We played both tough for sure but not sure we win both. Maybe one of them? So 3 wins at most and 6-10 record. WFT had a chance to beat TB but they have a far better talented defense then we do to begin with IMHO. 

In that scenario Doug is probably still coach, we end up retooling and picking 4 spots lower than we are now. Probably same stagnant offense and we pick some dude that Doug wants that doesn't amount to anything. 

Say we win 4 more games we are drafting top 15 but drop almost 7 spots depending on others records. 

If we were that 1 QB away to put us over the top I'd say sure trade for Watson or we should get him but we just have so many holes to fill. 

Yeah but we probably get another year of Pederson and retooling. Watson would mask some of the holes but we really needed this org and team to get a wake up call. I'm glad it seems like it happened. 
Then maybe in a year we'd be in a better cap situation, and could hire a coach that doesn't ramble on for 10 minutes about how a coach once said he missed him, and that meant the world, and even though he didn't have QB skills it's all about connections and feelings and...

Lurie limits the PC to 1 hour, pontificates for 20 minutes, takes no questions. Howie somewhere in hiding, takes no questions, and then stuttering “Nicky 2 times” gets all the heat and has to tap dance about a mess that he didn't even have any part in creating. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Darius Leonard confirms our media and most fans here are just #######s:

It’s funny that people are trying to clown him man! Everyone isn’t a great media person or talking in front of people! He’s a good coach and I can’t wait to see that team go to work! People always got something to say outside looking in! I bet if the camera on them they’ll fold!

I’ve talked to plenty people about being nervous and my guy Vini told me if you don’t get nervous then you don’t care about the game! Y’all look dumb as hell talking #### whenever you never been a coach!

At this stage he’s the superior QB for sure. Obviously things can change (and they obviously have here) but right now he’s the better QB by a decent margin. 
Don’t think it’s just at this stage.  Watson has consistently been in the Top 5 conversation, that was only true of Wentz in 2017.  Even without last year, Watson has been clearly better IMO.  Watson had DHop, but Wentz had Ertz / Goedert, much better OL, better RBs.

It’s funny that people are trying to clown him man! Everyone isn’t a great media person or talking in front of people! He’s a good coach and I can’t wait to see that team go to work! People always got something to say outside looking in! I bet if the camera on them they’ll fold!

I’ve talked to plenty people about being nervous and my guy Vini told me if you don’t get nervous then you don’t care about the game! Y’all look dumb as hell talking #### whenever you never been a coach!
I actually feel for him there.  🤣

I have to speak in front of groups at times in my job and I’m not naturally good at it and it took me a few years I think before I was comfortable doing it and wouldn’t be incredibly nervous before and during.

Everyone thought some guy named Khip Celly would be good here all because of his introductory PA. I bet half the clowns here mocking him never had to stand up in front of a room. Its why they are the labor and not the boss.  I liked his PC. I felt like I wanted to run through a wall for that guy by the end. I have had issues with public speaking for yrs and still do. However my thing is I just don't practice because I feel if I go in there with a plan it takes away from me being able to adjust on the fly. SO I wing it. 

Not just our media.  Most people are just terrible.  Especially on the internet 

Don’t think it’s just at this stage.  Watson has consistently been in the Top 5 conversation, that was only true of Wentz in 2017.  Even without last year, Watson has been clearly better IMO.  Watson had DHop, but Wentz had Ertz / Goedert, much better OL, better RBs.
I seem to remember part of the justification from Howie to move up and get Wentz was because of their evaluation looking at the pipeline of QBs in college in the next couple of drafts and potential franchise QBs and not seeing much. Then Mahomes, Watson, Jackson, Mayfield, Darnold and Allen all come out of those drafts.  :oldunsure:

Jenk putting his name on the same things the reports around Wentz have insinuated:

But some of the other issues I felt when I was in the locker room was just that there was too much leeway and it didn’t make him a better player. I don’t think they did any favors by trying to kind of protect his ego or trying to, you know, just really protect him as a player as opposed to keeping it — like every other player — keeping it performance based. And really keeping it real about what he needs to improve on but also adjusting to put him in places that can make him successful. And I think that’s a little bit on the coaching staff and that’s also onus on the player. Like, every player should go into the offseason evaluating what they did well, what they didn’t do well, and you look to see improvement year after year. BUT, if that’s not the case, and you don’t see it, and there are no changes, and it’s not being addressed … then, as a player, I know you almost feel like … ‘What are we doing?’ To do the same thing over and over again expecting different results is insanity. And, unfortunately, I think that a little bit of that has taken place one the last few years.
I'll go back to what I said the other day: you don't have to be a jerk to be caught up in arrogance. Chip Kelly was a Richard with arrogance. Wentz might just be a choir boy with it. But in either case, it's not a good thing. And it seems like Lurie may have kind of let this Wentz thing play out the same as the Chip situation: give him what he thinks he needs/wants to succeed because you know his success is your success.

Letting Carson have free reign may have backfired because now that he needs to be reigned in (or at least recognize he needs some reigning) he's too arrogant to believe that could be possible. 

I seem to remember part of the justification from Howie to move up and get Wentz was because of their evaluation looking at the pipeline of QBs in college in the next couple of drafts and potential franchise QBs and not seeing much. Then Mahomes, Watson, Jackson, Mayfield, Darnold and Allen all come out of those drafts.  :oldunsure:
Darnold is trash and doesn't belong on that list

Michael Clay is officially the new ST coach, according to this article on the team website that casually mentioned.

Sirianni is also adding Michael Clay to become special teams coordinator. Clay worked with the Eagles in the Chip Kelly era and is smart, hard-working, and thorough as a coach. Jeff Stoutland returns as the offensive line coach. His body of work speaks for itself, as we all know. It is huge that Stoutland is returning.
And Dennard Wilson, the Jets' DB coach is joining, too.

They are 29 and 38, respectively. 

This is quickly turning into a Gritty situation: Philly had jokes about it at first, then the jokes were coming in fast (and harsh) from outside Philly which got everyone in Philly fired up to defend one of their own. 
haha great way to summarize it.

Not just our media.  Most people are just terrible.  Especially on the internet 
Don't get me started on the race baiting by some on the Chad Wheeler situation comparing the coverage he got to Ray Rice, Hunt and AB. It's just sad how far some people will go to throw their agenda out there or embarrass themselves. Especially in a situation you have people commenting who have no idea what they are talking about or cover the general subject 

This is quickly turning into a Gritty situation: Philly had jokes about it at first, then the jokes were coming in fast (and harsh) from outside Philly which got everyone in Philly fired up to defend one of their own. 
I liken it to the Jake Voracek situation. Saw a ton of flyers fans complain about Jake over the yrs even complaining how he turns the puck over. Jake after the first or second game went after Inkys Mike Sielski for comments he made about Jake in 2019. Mike was asked by a Flyers PR guy to change the article a bit as it was insinuating something it really shouldn't. Mike Apologized and offered to bury the hatchet. Some where along the line it never happened. Jake went after him and all the people who've complained about Jake were now defending him. It was the "we can talk sh** about our players but don't you dare do it." 

As for the Flyers they intentionally made Gritty look bad in appearance. NHL told them to get a mascot so the Flyers said "Ok you want a mascot how about F you, here's our Mascot!!!" It was meant as a joke to the league officials. Only in Philly can a Sports league make our teams go "fine we'll do what you want but we're doing it our way and if you don't like it, well up yours." 

I think this is a good fit for Press.

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

Sources: Ex-Eagles pass-game coordinator Press Taylor is expected to join Colts coach Frank Reich's staff. Indy lost Nick Sirianni and Kevin Patullo this month, and Taylor will help to fill the gaps. Reich and Taylor worked together in Philly.

That sounds about Howie. He better pull the rabbit out of the hat this year  

Jenk putting his name on the same things the reports around Wentz have insinuated:

I'll go back to what I said the other day: you don't have to be a jerk to be caught up in arrogance. Chip Kelly was a Richard with arrogance. Wentz might just be a choir boy with it. But in either case, it's not a good thing. And it seems like Lurie may have kind of let this Wentz thing play out the same as the Chip situation: give him what he thinks he needs/wants to succeed because you know his success is your success.

Letting Carson have free reign may have backfired because now that he needs to be reigned in (or at least recognize he needs some reigning) he's too arrogant to believe that could be possible. 
Coaches demand the best from their players and the good and great ones get it. They inspire their guys. These articles are hell bent on making it about one guy. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER regressed, even Jenk. Why is that? Guess they were all doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.....

Michael Clay is officially the new ST coach, according to this article on the team website that casually mentioned.

And Dennard Wilson, the Jets' DB coach is joining, too.

They are 29 and 38, respectively. 
Such a young staff

I think this is a good fit for Press.

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer

Sources: Ex-Eagles pass-game coordinator Press Taylor is expected to join Colts coach Frank Reich's staff. Indy lost Nick Sirianni and Kevin Patullo this month, and Taylor will help to fill the gaps. Reich and Taylor worked together in Philly.
In what capacity?

Good god.

Good luck to the guy. Obviously was nervous AF. A lot of rambling with a bunch of clichés. That introductory press conference was probably the toughest to sit through I can ever remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good god.

Good luck to the guy. Obviously was nervous AF. A lot of rambling with a bunch of clichés. That introductory press conference was probably the toughest to sit through I can ever remember.
Oof. Just watched. 

Hopefully he's not having to read off a piece of paper and repeat the same thing over and over when he's trying to talk to his team. 

Did you forget about this one just last week?  😂
Exactly. Got a lot of people who literally haven’t watched a single other one but “good god” this was soooo bad lol. 

And let’s be real, with the reaction he’s getting here, he’s destined for greatness. With the way karma shoved it’s foot up Philly’s ### I’m confident he’ll be great and Wentz will be top 10 as soon as next year 

Yea, it was a bad press conference. Only a big deal because we have nothing else to talk about.  Soon we'll have the draft, then preseason, then then Eagles will be 3-8 and the oddball press conference will be the last thing on anyones mind.

Also - we need to get on board that we're sucking this year. We're not going to have a winning record. What I WANT to see is some player development, not regression. If we have young inexperienced players and coaches making mistakes week one - ok.  Let's see them improve and get better by week 10.

And there's a good chance if Wentz stays, and starts, and has not un####ed himself, that we'll be in just as good a position to draft a QB next year.

DJackson10 said:
I'm not arguing Watson isn't a good QB. I also know how bad BoB is. I told my PSU buddies when he was hired he's gonna leave after a few yrs and he's not that great of a coach. They didn't believe me till it happened. What I was arguing is that the Eagles are so bad Watson couldn't even improve the team how its current constructed. All these people who think Watson is the answer to all our troubles it's just laughable. I mean how much better do people think we'd have been with Watson this past year? Yes You can blame HOU as an Org and BoB's coaching as well. I don't know how true  this stat is but I Read HOU has an identical record from before he was there and the 4 yrs since in terms of W/Ls and Playoff record. Yes you can fault the org as much as you want or BoB but if Watson is as elite as people think he is, wouldn't he improve the teams record despite all of that? 

Point I was making was really how much better would we have been with Watson last year over Wentz/Hurts? 1 or 2 and bounced from the playoffs? The Eagles have bigger problems on a whole not just at QB. I don't think Trading for Watson does anything. Amount of assets we'd have to give up in terms of fixing the team as a whole taking Watson and giving up with little assets we have won't point us in any better direction. 
YEAH....tend to think there's still too much doom and glooom in here. The O-line was a catastrophe, and not all of it was on the coaches. Fix/stabilize just that unit and the Eagles win 3 or 4 more games even with how Wentz was playing. We aren't THAT far away from being a decent team again

Yea, it was a bad press conference. Only a big deal because we have nothing else to talk about.  Soon we'll have the draft, then preseason, then then Eagles will be 3-8 and the oddball press conference will be the last thing on anyones mind.

Also - we need to get on board that we're sucking this year. We're not going to have a winning record. What I WANT to see is some player development, not regression. If we have young inexperienced players and coaches making mistakes week one - ok.  Let's see them improve and get better by week 10.

And there's a good chance if Wentz stays, and starts, and has not un####ed himself, that we'll be in just as good a position to draft a QB next year.
We finish 9-8 next year.  2nd in the div, but miss playoffs.

Well Carson's Draft buddy Jared Goff has switched teams already. Here everyone is the last few months talking Wentz being traded and Jared Goff out of nowhere in the last 24 hours says "Hold my beer" 

@RapSheet

Sources: The #Lions are closing in on trading franchise QB Matthew Stafford to the #Rams in a blockbuster deal, per me and

@TomPelissero  Jared Goff is headed to the #Lions.

Full terms of the deal: It’s Matthew Stafford to the #Rams for 2 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder, along with Jared Goff.

So Lions get 

Goff

a 3rd 

and 2 1st Rounders

Rams get 

Matthew Stafford

Matthew Stafford just went for the #1 pick at QB in 16 a 3rd and 2 1sts. 

Well Carson's Draft buddy Jared Goff has switched teams already. Here everyone is the last few months talking Wentz being traded and Jared Goff out of nowhere in the last 24 hours says "Hold my beer" 

@RapSheet

Sources: The #Lions are closing in on trading franchise QB Matthew Stafford to the #Rams in a blockbuster deal, per me and

@TomPelissero  Jared Goff is headed to the #Lions.

Full terms of the deal: It’s Matthew Stafford to the #Rams for 2 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder, along with Jared Goff.

So Lions get 

Goff

a 3rd 

and 2 1st Rounders

Rams get 

Matthew Stafford

Matthew Stafford just went for the #1 pick at QB in 16 a 3rd and 2 1sts. 
Hey Eagles fans, this is what we would have to do to part with Wentz. You want in?

Also I didn't even realize you could do trades right now. Don't they have to wait for the league year to start?
They can agree to them don't become official until the league year starts. Remember we traded Foles for Samatha Bradford before the League year. Became official at 4PM the day the new league year started. 

Wow.

I mean sure, Goff only put up 174 yds and 1 TD against Green Bay (27 attempts). Stafford put together 244 yards and a TD (34 attempts)! 

I mean sure, Stafford played better last year - but only slightly? His numbers weren't THAT much better.

Wow.

I mean sure, Goff only put up 174 yds and 1 TD against Green Bay (27 attempts). Stafford put together 244 yards and a TD (34 attempts)! 

I mean sure, Stafford played better last year - but only slightly? His numbers weren't THAT much better.
Analysts have always viewed that Stafford would be a lot better if he was on a more competitive team.  

Users who are viewing this thread