What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (12 Viewers)

Terrible value there. He's one of five or six similar in quality WR prospects....the deepest position in this draft. No reason to spend a 1 on him....and I'm not hating on the player. In another year #20 might make sense
I would've honestly if I were the Eagles and he was there at 26 would've said lets try to take him. Yeah its not good value but talent wise it's still fairly good and these types of WRs always kill us 

Asante Samuel Jr, Kyle Trask, Jevonta Williams, Kylian Hill, Terrence Marshall Tute Atwell, Tamorrion Terry, Gregory Rousseau, Carlos Basham, Jamin Davis, Jabril Cox (Probably best OLB in draft if he went to D1 school all 4 yrs), Eric Stokes, Trevon Moehring if he's not selected in 1st),  Talanoa Hufanga, and Hamsah Nasirildeen who I did a write up for on last years thread as someone to watch before he hurt himself. Would probably be a top day 2 safety who can play nickel LB and Slot if he hadn't torn his ACL late the year before 
Washington took davis

-  WR in back-back 1st rounds
- Traded up, with Justin Fields on the board, to take a former teammate to Jalen Hurts
- Brought in Hurts' old coach
- Used the 3rd round pick in Wentz trade to move up.

Howie is locked in on Hurts.

:(
Who is Hurts old Coach? Brian Johnson never coached him. Johnson was on Hurts father staff and left before he got there. He courtesy called Jalen as a recruiter when Johnson was at Miss St with Dan Mullen who both ended up at Florida. 

Going into 2020 with Wentz, Sanders, Alshon, Djax, Ertz - SB aspirations.

Going into 2021 with Hurts, Sanders, Smith, Reagor, Goeddert - pray we're not at the bottom of NFCE, right?

not sure how I feel about this makeover, but some good young talent to look forward to. only thing i'll say for now is i hope flacco never starts a game because at least that should mean Hurts wins the job and keeps it. never been a fan of flacco. we still need a Alshon clone physically, someone with size, don't we?

Going into 2021 with Hurts, Sanders, Smith, Reagor, Goeddert - pray we're not at the bottom of NFCE, right?

not sure how I feel about this makeover, but some good young talent to look forward to. only thing i'll say for now is i hope flacco never starts a game because at least that should mean Hurts wins the job and keeps it. never been a fan of flacco. we still need a Alshon clone physically, someone with size, don't we?
I’m a process guy but praying we’re at bottom of NFC-E but Hurts shows enough to be a #1. Get another high pic next year and hopefully open a window in next 2-3 years. 

Or we suck and take a QB next year. Worst case is we’re in that 6-10 to 8-8 range and Hurts shows he’s a very average QB

Zack Rosenblatt

15m

Dave Gettleman said he and Howie Roseman had spoken earlier in the week about a possible deal with each other. #Giants #Eagles

I’m a process guy but praying we’re at bottom of NFC-E but Hurts shows enough to be a #1. Get another high pic next year and hopefully open a window in next 2-3 years. 

Or we suck and take a QB next year. Worst case is we’re in that 6-10 to 8-8 range and Hurts shows he’s a very average QB
I'm going worst case Hurts wins a few games he shouldn't and is just a very AVG QB. We end up just barely out of the top 10 and  miss on the QB. 

Updated list

Asante Samuel Jr, Kyle Trask, Jevonta Williams, Kylian Hill, Terrence Marshall Tute Atwell, Tamorrion Terry, Gregory Rousseau, Carlos Basham, Jabril Cox (Probably best OLB in draft if he went to D1 school all 4 yrs), Trevon Moehring if he's not selected in 1st),  Talanoa Hufanga, and Hamsah Nasirildeen who I did a write up for on last years thread as someone to watch before he hurt himself. Would probably be a top day 2 safety who can play nickel LB and Slot if he hadn't torn his ACL late the year before 

I'm OK with the trade up in the end, the draft did not go our way, with only 3 QBs picked before us and the Broncos not doing the decent thing and picking Parsons.

I'm happy with Smith as the pick.  Was on the record saying I preferred Waddle, but the gap is small.  The gap between Smith (all the other guys I wanted were gone) and the next option was big.  In the end we got a guy we might have picked at 6, but gained a 1st next year and lost a 3rd this year.

It's a good result, but Howie needs to back it up with the next two picks especially now. 

Reddit is such a cesspool though. My favorite is how no matter what sub reddit it is, if you are someone with insider info or sources the jealously and butthurt from people is embarrassing. We had a guy in the wrestling sub reddit who gave match finishes away and possible storylines back 5-6 yrs ago named Metsfan88 or something. He was good for awhile but the minute he got a few things wrong people jumped on him. Despite being right people still jumped on him. It got to the point where he literally left. Redditors drove him off. Knew someone awhile back with some baseball inside info for Like the A's or something and people did the same thing. Most of these Reddits especially sports are your typical stereotype radio listening jabronies. 

The video game Sub Reddits (at least the ones I go in are fairly good) especially the Madden one since we all complain about the same issues but we also share tips and stuff with one another 

I'm OK with the trade up in the end, the draft did not go our way, with only 3 QBs picked before us and the Broncos not doing the decent thing and picking Parsons.

I'm happy with Smith as the pick.  Was on the record saying I preferred Waddle, but the gap is small.  The gap between Smith (all the other guys I wanted were gone) and the next option was big.  In the end we got a guy we might have picked at 6, but gained a 1st next year and lost a 3rd this year.

It's a good result, but Howie needs to back it up with the next two picks especially now. 
Yeah with the way this draft went the 2 guys I wanted at 6 only Waddle was there and I think Surtain at 6 would've been a bit of a reach. I would've thought long and Hard about Sewell though, not gonna lie. It'd have been entice to. 

Reddit is such a cesspool though. My favorite is how no matter what sub reddit it is, if you are someone with insider info or sources the jealously and butthurt from people is embarrassing. We had a guy in the wrestling sub reddit who gave match finishes away and possible storylines back 5-6 yrs ago named Metsfan88 or something. He was good for awhile but the minute he got a few things wrong people jumped on him. Despite being right people still jumped on him. It got to the point where he literally left. Redditors drove him off. Knew someone awhile back with some baseball inside info for Like the A's or something and people did the same thing. Most of these Reddits especially sports are your typical stereotype radio listening jabronies. 

The video game Sub Reddits (at least the ones I go in are fairly good) especially the Madden one since we all complain about the same issues but we also share tips and stuff with one another 
Oh yea, its definitely got a lot of hot mess. I saw someone post the link there and boy were they salty though.

Oh yea, its definitely got a lot of hot mess. I saw someone post the link there and boy were they salty though.
I try not to use it a lot. I literally had a p*ss*ng match with some guy over semantics over something and he also got mad that it took me 12 hrs too respond to him. I told him what was being debated wasn't that important to me and I got a job and life outside of the internet but I'm sorry if my post not coming in a timely matter inconveniences your time online. I mean seriously most of us have lives and aren't online 24/7.  I ended up posting a link to a Brad Paisley video called "Online" which is about an out of shape HS kid who is the stero typical out of shape, lives in the basement and is on his computer all night pretending to be someone in another life. And I asked him are you the kid he's referring to in this video. God some pretty good upvotes on that. 

Overall the trolling on reddit is like no other. There's definitely a lot and you can tell who is trolling just by the headers. Reddit mods do a great job of keeping topics to 1 or 2 posts on the topic and deleting multiples that involve the same topic. They give leeway like on an untimely death and someone wants to post a personal story about the person which is nice and it doesn't get buried with the usual RIP's and such posts. 

I still would have liked Horn, but the one good thing about this - hopefully it help Reagor succeed as well. 
You hope it does but I'm so low on him any sort of production by me is good in my book. I fear he's gonna become our new Nelson Agholar though but I hope I'm wrong.

Gotta give credit where it’s due. Howie played the move back from 6 perfectly, netted a 1 and still got a guy many would have been fine with at 6. No need to get cute. Go get your guy. 

We had a chance to fleece the Bears I guess but after seeing what went at 20 I prefer the possibility of three 1’s and Smith over the Bears deal. 

This is just a small step though.  37 is just as important. Go get Samuel or Moehrig and get them on the field. 

The expectations will be low (for me anyway) but this is how you rebuild. We need an injection of good, young talent, clear the cap up and than add a banger FA or 2 next season. 

Upside is that if Hurts can play and improves with the new staff the division is still poor enough that we can do well next year. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like a pretty nice quick rebuild to me. I think a lot of the offenses problem last year was being down both starting OT's and an elite RG. I don't think its out of line to think the Eagles are better at every single position than last year, especially WR.

Why'd you take Samuel off?  Mine in order would be:

JOK
Moehrig
Samuel
Jenkins
Ojulari
Barmore

Howie, PLEASE get one of these 6.

That wasn’t my board just what was passed along as the consensus. I don’t think Barmore would be a guy we’d target and I’d be good with the rest. I really want Samuel or Moehrig though. 

That wasn’t my board just what was passed along as the consensus. I don’t think Barmore would be a guy we’d target and I’d be good with the rest. I really want Samuel or Moehrig though. 
Ah ok.  JOK would be an absolute dream.  Guy should have gone mid first.... I'd be happy if we traded up for him but not sure we'd do that.  Barmore would be cool as he's from Philly. 

But I agree, JOK, Moehrig, and Samuel would be my top 3 choices.  1 Should be there at 5.

If we won that final game vs Washington, we would have picked 9th and quite possibly gone with Smith there anyways.  Thanks for the free 1st rounder Nate.

PS.... remember when Nate wanted to leave to get a chance to be a starter?  He's now behind Jimmy and Lance.

@Eagles Get the best WR in the Draft! The kid has everything you want in a WR. Elite route runner, ridiculous hands and effortless speed. Too bad he has a running back throwing him the ball.... #NFLDraft GRADE: A

🤣

Who is copying my draft insight. Seriously thats something I would've written 100%. 

Was that some random person or someone known? 

2 Part Question:

1.  Would you guys have been happy if we had the 6th pick and picked Waddle?

2.  Would you rather Smith+ a 2022 1st Rounder or Waddle + a 2021 3rd Rounder?

Howie:
"When you talk to the people at Alabama, the things that they say about this kid, they needed a corner and he goes and plays corner, and he’s as good as anyone they have … His work ethic is unbelievable, His route detail. He’s got incredible length and strong hands." 

Sirianni:
"Anchoring a guy is just not my philosophy, I don’t believe in that. The best offenses I’ve been on have been able to move guys around. They have to know each position. What we saw in DeVonta is the ability to move around. I saw a very high football IQ when we did our meetings with him."

Weidl:
"We saw a player who has a smooth maneuver, he can open up and run. A player that can win at all three levels at different alignments. I think his ability to high-point the ball, play above the rim and adjust to the football, make contested catches, really stood out."

The gap between Smith (all the other guys I wanted were gone) and the next option was big.
I definitely think they were sitting there at 12 and after seeing how the first 9 picks went they realized they were going to be down to, at best, their 11th or 12th ranked player if they stayed put. And if they had Smith in the 6-8 range of their rankings, the trade up 2 spots to get him instead of settling for the last "acceptable" guy on your top 12 list was the right call. That they were able to do it at a cost that still netted them a 1 next year made it even more of a no-brainer. 

I hope we have some shifty CBs. Toney is a joystick dream. I really hate the Giants taking him here. Now I got to tell my one Giants fan FE manager his guys made a good pick  :wall:
Tremendous athlete who really only played WR one year. Great YAC. A lot of screens, shallow crosses and gadget plays. Not a polished route runner. Had a few drops. I thought he might last until early 2nd.

ETA Personally I had him in the Elijah Moore / Terrace Marshall Jr. tier.  (diff body types I know).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I want samuel Jr or Moehrig too.   How to decide between those?  What's the cost to move back into the second.....
Jags have been linked to Moehrig and some thought he would be their pick at 25. In talking about the ETN pick, Urbs acknowledged weighing BPA over "needs at safety and corner".  

Tremendous athlete who really only played WR one year. Great YAC. A lot of screens, shallow crosses and gadget plays. Not a polished route runner. Had a few drops. I thought he might last until early 2nd.

ETA Personally I had him in the Elijah Moore / Terrace Marshall Jr. tier.  (diff body types I know).
i feel they reached.  he seems like a gadget guy.   prob shouldnt draft those in round 1

Users who are viewing this thread