What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (2 Viewers)

Felt great to be back in the building for the first time since the playoff loss to Seattle. But was very surprised to see so many Niners fans. Not quite what you see when the Steelers come to town, but maybe the biggest “takeover” I’ve seen from any non-Pittsburgh fan base since I got my seats in 2014. 

Not really surprising I've seen this before from 49ers fans and actually know a few. One is a friend from HS and another is a neighbor who use to be a team photographer during the Young/Rice yrs and has gotten me some cool memorabilia from that era overall. 

This is some typical Philly stuff lol:

There have been 46 plays of 91+ yards in NFL over the last 20 years

Only one other time did a team not get points on that drive until the Eagles today
Yep that was a killer. Quez was really cool after the game and signed my sons t-shirt before heading to the locker room. Great to get back to a game although not the result we wanted. Just too many first half opportunities they didn’t capitalize on and the 2nd half flew by. Thanks @The Noid for the input a couple months back. 

Yep that was a killer. Quez was really cool after the game and signed my sons t-shirt before heading to the locker room. Great to get back to a game although not the result we wanted. Just too many first half opportunities they didn’t capitalize on and the 2nd half flew by. Thanks @The Noid for the input a couple months back. 
Kind of surprised he didn’t score on the play. He had a step on both the S and CB. 

I think this game highlighted the inexperience of Hurts and the WRs. Coverage was tight, windows were small. Losing Brooks was a major blow because Dickerson missed numerous blocks as his replacement. Losing one OL shouldn’t have that type of impact but against a deep and talented DL it clearly was a factor

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of surprised he didn’t score on the play. He had a step on both the S and CB. 
Yep after we came away no TD that drive it just had the feeling it would come back to haunt us. Defense came out strong, we need to capitalize. 

Another thing to note, about being back at the Linc, is that they are pretty much cashless everywhere (I did see some of the beer vendors that walk around taking cash, as well as cards.) There's some kiosks around where you can feed it cash and it will put it on a pre-paid card for you to use.

I'm all for it, and always used my card anyway (and would get annoyed at some of the random, detached stands that only took cash) but what they took the opportunity to do because of it is probably something they figured most fans wouldn't notice: tax is no longer included in the price of food. Used to be that the $15 posted as the price for a cheesesteak was $15, tax included, so you could pay with a $10 and $5 and be on your way and the cashiers, or you, weren't messing with pennies, nickels, and dimes. But now that $15 posted price for the cheesesteak totals $16.20 when they charge your card because they add the 8% Philly sales tax since they don't have to worry about the loose change. 

Basically, all the food went up 8% without even having to change the "price" because it used to be $13.89 for a cheesesteak plus $1.11 tax and now it's $15, plus $1.20 tax. 

There’s also zero chance we get that Indy first rounder too. This dude has no feet at the moment lol
Well, its not 'zero', but not good.   Havent heard how long he'll be out for. High ankle sprains (if thats what it is) are usually 4-6 weeks...but QB's have been known to play on them with painkillers. Given the fact that his playing time is linked to the pick, I suspect they'll sit him...but if its just a sprain he COULD play.

Well, its not 'zero', but not good.   Havent heard how long he'll be out for. High ankle sprains (if thats what it is) are usually 4-6 weeks...but QB's have been known to play on them with painkillers. Given the fact that his playing time is linked to the pick, I suspect they'll sit him...but if its just a sprain he COULD play.
It’s being reported he has issues with both ankles and given his history he’s a virtual lock to be hurt again. So, while not 0% I’ll go with a .0001% chance we get their one and will be happy to be wrong lol

Sirianni confirmed Brandon Graham is out for the year. Brandon Brooks has a pec strain, not a tear, so probably going on IR, which means he will miss at least 3 weeks but not season-ending. 
Pec strain and not tear is HUGE. Still my guess is a week 8 or so return at best. Hopefully the film room study will really show the rookie what he is doing wrong as the pressure came INSTANTLY once Brooks left the lineup.

Terpman22 said:
Pec strain and not tear is HUGE. Still my guess is a week 8 or so return at best. Hopefully the film room study will really show the rookie what he is doing wrong as the pressure came INSTANTLY once Brooks left the lineup.
I was kind of surprised they didn’t go with Herbig considering Dickerson has been out for so long, never had a camp and this was his first game active. 

I was kind of surprised they didn’t go with Herbig considering Dickerson has been out for so long, never had a camp and this was his first game active. 
My best guess is they REALLY want him in the lineup as soon as we need him, bc a lot of people (like me) believe he has Q Nelson-level ceiling. New regimes 2nd pick of their own, so putting all that together, makes sense. 

Nate's a nice fill in, and knows the playbook by now, but I don't think will be starter in this league. 

@Ash hasn't been here in awhile and I hope he's ok because I always look forward to his All 22 after games wins or losses However this graphic I saw on Reddit brings back a point he and others have made on Hurts. The passing Chart here shows where Hurts throws are and it's another week of almost nothing in the middle of the field. This was interesting last year with the Pederson staff but the fact Sirianni and his staff continue to shy Hurts from the middle of the field is very concerning especially when both are playing at a high level have 2 TEs who can cover the middle of the Field who'd start on almost every team besides a coupe who have TE's already. This Is becoming a negative trend and something he had issues with in college as the only time he'd pass in the middle was when a guy was 5-10 yds wide open. 

Hurts pass chart week 1

Hurts pass chart Week 2

Us and the Jags are the only two teams without a defensive turnover. Need to change that on Monday. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My best guess is they REALLY want him in the lineup as soon as we need him, bc a lot of people (like me) believe he has Q Nelson-level ceiling. New regimes 2nd pick of their own, so putting all that together, makes sense. 

Nate's a nice fill in, and knows the playbook by now, but I don't think will be starter in this league. 
I think that makes sense.  I know they could win the division but they aren't true contenders.  The more reps they get the young players this year the better. 

Ertz tested positive for Covid, but could still play this week if he has 2 negative tests. The hits just keep on coming.

Odd that the OLine did fine for them with Rivers tho...

Wentz hasn't played bad from what I've seen (which isn't much) and my brother was just in Indy the last 2 days for work stuff talking to people and they pretty much agree it was the line. It was a concern going in the year with Rivers too but this year Indy has lost a lot of their key starters do to injuries which hasn't helped. Indy's Oline depth is pretty bad. Saw a stat that in the first two games they'd allowed 18 QB hurries or knockdowns and 6 sacks which isn't good 

Tua is now out for the Dolphins this week with fractured ribs. Seems to me this 1st round pick will be pretty valuable next year. 

Dude is really talented but MIA doesn't know how to use the guy properly plus Tua can't seem to stay healthy. Dam shame for such an athlete. I honestly think toe to toe 100% healthy he's a better overall talent then Trevor Lawerence. Just don't see Lawerence being the guy many see. 

Dude is really talented but MIA doesn't know how to use the guy properly plus Tua can't seem to stay healthy. Dam shame for such an athlete. I honestly think toe to toe 100% healthy he's a better overall talent then Trevor Lawerence. Just don't see Lawerence being the guy many see. 
So you got Tua on all your fantasy teams then?

Imagine if Carson makes it through the year too.  We legit could have 3 picks in the top 10.
I don't see the Colts letting Carson play if they are heading for a top 10 pick. They would be wise to let him miss enough time to make it a 2nd. 

Some things from pop culture in 1996. No reason.

• Motorola StarTAC phone debuted
  • The Spice Girls had their first #1 in the U.S.
  • Netscape Navigator was the #1 web browser
  • The Google search tool debuted
  • Tupac was murdered
  • Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum saved the world from an alien invasion while Cuba Gooding Jr. asked Tom Cruise to show him the money
  • The Unabomber was arrested
  • The first cloned animal (Dolly the sheep)
  • Neglected Tamagotchis were dying by the thousands
  • MSNBC and Fox News debuted
  • The Nintendo 64 launched and was the last cartridge-based video game system
  • Oprah's Book Club endorsed its first book (The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacquelyn Mitchard)
  • Tickle Me Elmo was the must-have toy for Christmas
  • The Amber Alert was created

I don't see the Colts letting Carson play if they are heading for a top 10 pick. They would be wise to let him miss enough time to make it a 2nd. 
I think that is going to be very interesting.  The Colts can't openly admit they are tanking to keep the 1st without creating a firestorm and Wentz is too proud to let people think he got benched or hurt again if it isn't true. Carson still doesn't understand why he was benched against the Packers.  I can't imagine he stays quiet if he's healthy and the Colts just don't play him.

Imagine if Carson makes it through the year too.  We legit could have 3 picks in the top 10.
I think if Carson plays enough to get us a 1st round pick, Indy will make the playoffs. They still have a lot of fluff on the schedule, it just starts out pretty hard.  Jax twice, Houston twice, Jets, Miami, Detroit...  There's no way they're picking in the top 10.

There's no way it's that high.  I'd say there's a 50/50 shot that he plays 75% of the year.
Haha I'd say there is a 100% shot you won't find this a coin toss if you could bet in Vegas, but I digress. We are rooting for the same thing, just different expectations. 

Users who are viewing this thread