What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (3 Viewers)

We have more than one soft player on the team.   Big reason why we suck
Howie has really taking his game to the next level, not only drafting poorly but also waiting to sell low at the absolute bottom on these players. Quite impressive. 

Howie has really taking his game to the next level, not only drafting poorly but also waiting to sell low at the absolute bottom on these players. Quite impressive. 
We should be selling all kinds of players this off season.  We need a complete rebuild because they waited too damn long on most of these guys.  You are supposed to get some turnover done each year so you don't have to have a season like we are about to.  And still this clown kept his job.   Its terrible

need2know said:
We should be selling all kinds of players this off season.  We need a complete rebuild because they waited too damn long on most of these guys.  You are supposed to get some turnover done each year so you don't have to have a season like we are about to.  And still this clown kept his job.   Its terrible
And if the cards are played right this may only take a full calendar year. 

The young talent on this team has to take another step. If so the offense won’t be or shouldn’t be that bad at OL, TE and RB could be really good. If they are that will take pressure off of Hurts/Whoever else

This draft HAS to be a hit. There’s no way around it. We have to have 3 starters with at least 2 with great potential at premium positions. The others need to contribute as well. I just hate that Howie gets this draft. The potential is so high that we essentially give Wentz away for nothing because we blow the  picks. 

And if the cards are played right this may only take a full calendar year. 

The young talent on this team has to take another step. If so the offense won’t be or shouldn’t be that bad at OL, TE and RB could be really good. If they are that will take pressure off of Hurts/Whoever else

This draft HAS to be a hit. There’s no way around it. We have to have 3 starters with at least 2 with great potential at premium positions. The others need to contribute as well. I just hate that Howie gets this draft. The potential is so high that we essentially give Wentz away for nothing because we blow the  picks. 
The odds of this draft being great for us are not good.   Just looking at Howies past performances

Bigboy10182000 said:
Slater can’t play outside in this league at 6’3”. He’ll be strictly a guard and you’re not taking him at 6.
Don’t disagree that his height may be an issue at OT although in today’s game I think height is less important than arm length and agility. He’s a highly skilled technician and has tape completely shutting down Chase Young. By many accounts he has the ability to play all 5 OL positions at a Pro Bowl level. IMO he’s a more valuable asset than another WR with question marks like Chase(separation and speed) and Smith(size)

Last edited by a moderator:
GoBirds said:
I would tell him to suck it up, he’s still on a cheap contract no way I move him with the cap issues we have. 
I'd agree but apparently from what I remember they are now worried about him being coachable. We always seem to take OLine early with mental issues outside of Lane. 

Don’t disagree that his height may be an issue at OT although in today’s game I think height is less important than arm length and agility. He’s a highly skilled technician and has tape completely shutting down Chase Young. By many accounts he has the ability to play all 5 OL positions at a Pro Bowl level. IMO he’s a more valuable asset than another WR with question marks like Chase(separation and speed) and Smith(size)
You can’t take a guard or center at 6. There’s been like 10 OT’s taken since 2000 who are 6’3 are under and are all awful. He’s all interior OL

BassNBrew said:
Where does Wentz get drafted if he's draft eligible this year?  Let's do Stafford and Watson too.
I have no idea, but I do know that’s irrelevant to the 2 posts of mine that you quoted.

My points about the two second round picks from the Colts are that they (the Colts) could possibly wind up with a bargain if Wentz is fixable; and that my preference for Wentz to the Colts is that they might do well with an experienced starter who’s shown flashes of huge upside vs a rookie that is supposedly can’t miss (yet somehow so many do miss).

Which I believe I expressed pretty clearly. 

Neither point asserted that Wentz was better than a 1.01 NFL draft pick, nor would I attempt to make that point because it’s apples to oranges. The 1.01 NFL draft pick could well be a defensive lineman, for example. The 1.01 pick could be a horrible reach by some hair brained NFL GM.

Say, where would you draft Aaron Rogers as a rookie - probably not at 24 I’d bet? How about Tom Brady?  Is he still 199th overall as a compensatory pick at the end of the 6th?  Was Ryan Leaf worthy of 1.02 in the NFL Draft? Would you take Wentz ahead of Leaf? What about Jamarcus Russell? Hoo boy, he can throw 50 yards from his knees! Would ya draft him over even the presently busted version of Wentz? what about Watson or Stafford compared to Russell or Leaf? I forget exactly where 1st rounder Jim Druckenmiller was taken but maybe he belongs in this convo too?  

again: draft value =/= player value =/= trade value.  And context matters, like the apparent shellshocked status of Carson Wentz vs the potential upside that Wentz might have. 

So again - quite the logical leap made there in tying my posts to some sort of draft value.

To your question, it would depend entirely on which Wentz you think you’re getting. Is it the pre-injury Wentz or the currently broken Wentz? If the latter, I’d say two 2nds is about right. If the former, he’d probably go top 10 in the NFL draft, but *obviiusly* not higher than Watson and maybe within a pick of Stafford. IF GMs were drafting with that foresight and without the internal bias that makes them spend picks on the likes of Russell & Leaf. Which is also irrelevant to the comments I made. :shrug:  

GoBirds said:
We are giving up on Dillard already? 
Coming at this from 2 angles.  Dillard didn't look good when he played, then missed a year with injury.  He only has 2 years left on a cost controlled contract.  Mailata is a better player, which makes Dillard depth.  At this point, I think the Eagles should be trading depth for draft picks if they can, since they need a drastic infusion of young talent to become competitive.

How many WRs picked in the top 6 have won the Super Bowl in the same time frame? 

I’ll go one further, since 2000 how many WRs statistically ranked in the top 6 during the season have won the Super Bowl that year?
I don’t know what any of this has to do with the fact you’re saying we should draft a tackle who’s not going to be a tackle. Guys who are 6’3 when drafted as a tackle don’t do well or stick at the position. We can’t pick a guard or center at 6. That’s what I’m saying. 

I don’t know what any of this has to do with the fact you’re saying we should draft a tackle who’s not going to be a tackle. Guys who are 6’3 when drafted as a tackle don’t do well or stick at the position. We can’t pick a guard or center at 6. That’s what I’m saying. 
My question has nothing to do with an OL selection at 6. How about you answer the questions posed as they pertain to WRs?

To your question, it would depend entirely on which Wentz you think you’re getting. Is it the pre-injury Wentz or the currently broken Wentz? If the latter, I’d say two 2nds is about right. If the former, he’d probably go top 10 in the NFL draft, but *obviiusly* not higher than Watson and maybe within a pick of Stafford. IF GMs were drafting with that foresight and without the internal bias that makes them spend picks on the likes of Russell & Leaf. Which is also irrelevant to the comments I made. :shrug:  
It baffles me how many times this happens routinely. I could sit here for hours and tell you why the Russel and Leaf's don't work out nor why the Vick's and RG3s, and Lamar's of the world don't make great top 10 picks even 15 sometimes. However these GMs go in with this biased about Arm strength or other stuff instead of focusing on all the other intangibles as well as mentally tough. I was 10 when Ryan Leaf got drafted and I could've told you at the time the GM who drafts him at #1 clearly wants to be fired. But like these coaches who make these guys after teams figure them out their pet projects and try to make a reclamation project and get some Dough off the player they fixed the GM's in these situations are just as bad. 

My points about the two second round picks from the Colts are that they (the Colts) could possibly wind up with a bargain if Wentz is fixable; and that my preference for Wentz to the Colts is that they might do well with an experienced starter who’s shown flashes of huge upside vs a rookie that is supposedly can’t miss (yet somehow so many do miss).
I've heard this term countless times over the last 20 yrs in Basketball and football alone. Not as much as baseball but the only time they were right in baseball has been ironically Bryce Harper. Remember when Andrew Wiggins was a can't miss? Gregg Oden despite the fact he had the knees of a 35 yrs old Vet? Jimmy Claussen? Reggie Bush? Very solid career but no where close to what the hype made him. PAC10 back then was terrible defensively maybe worse then the Big12 at the time. Out of alll the guys I mention Reggie Bush may have been the closes worth his hype and that's a stretch. Darko Milicic? Pat Burrel? Ok I lied on Bush Burrell was probably closer career wise with the numbers he put up for the Phillies. Wasn't the incredible Babe Ruth like Hitter everyone made him to be but compared to many of these guys a much more solid career. Jamies Winston? Off the field issues put aside for a moment this guy was your typical won because of the talent around him who made him look better. He never had the mentality to be a leader like a QB in the NFL is expected, he was terrible inaccurate, and over time at FSU started to make more and more boneheaded plays. And TB blatantly tanked for the guy. Mark Prior? Absolute terrible mechanics outside of the one great year with Kerry Wood wasn't the same. Steven Strasbourg suffered Tommy John Injury do to his similar mechanical motion people always told me shouldn't be a worry for Strasbourg. Fortunately for Stras he bounced back and become one of the best SO pitchers in the game. Mike Vick? Yeah he put up amazing running numbers but the dude is a QB!!!!! Add the federal prison sentenced was it really worth it for ATL to take him #1 overall? The list goes on for can't miss talents 

My question has nothing to do with an OL selection at 6. How about you answer the questions posed as they pertain to WRs?
No. If you have a point, make it but I’m not running around digging stuff up because you asked me to 

I have no idea, but I do know that’s irrelevant to the 2 posts of mine that you quoted.

Which I believe I expressed pretty clearly. 

Neither point asserted that Wentz was better than a 1.01 NFL draft pick, nor would I attempt to make that point because it’s apples to oranges. The 1.01 NFL draft pick could well be a defensive lineman, for example. The 1.01 pick could be a horrible reach by some hair brained NFL GM.

Say, where would you draft Aaron Rogers as a rookie - probably not at 24 I’d bet? How about Tom Brady?  Is he still 199th overall as a compensatory pick at the end of the 6th?  Was Ryan Leaf worthy of 1.02 in the NFL Draft? Would you take Wentz ahead of Leaf? What about Jamarcus Russell? Hoo boy, he can throw 50 yards from his knees! Would ya draft him over even the presently busted version of Wentz? what about Watson or Stafford compared to Russell or Leaf? I forget exactly where 1st rounder Jim Druckenmiller was taken but maybe he belongs in this convo too?  

again: draft value =/= player value =/= trade value.  And context matters, like the apparent shellshocked status of Carson Wentz vs the potential upside that Wentz might have. 

So again - quite the logical leap made there in tying my posts to some sort of draft value.

Either you posted a hot take or you posted something that at least some GMs would agree with.  If it's the later, the Eagles will get more than 2 2nds for Wentz and shouldn't have accepted that offer.  I wouldn't take Wentz over Trevor, but I also wouldn't trade Wentz unless a first rounder was involved.

We need a wr.   Best ones are at 6.   I wish there was a stud de or passrusher but there's not.
How many CB’s from Mississippi were drafted  top 2 with their last name ending in a vowel that won a Super Bowl?

And agreed, we DEFINITELY need a WR and growth from Reagor, Hightower and Watkins. 

Either you posted a hot take or you posted something that at least some GMs would agree with.  If it's the later, the Eagles will get more than 2 2nds for Wentz and shouldn't have accepted that offer.  I wouldn't take Wentz over Trevor, but I also wouldn't trade Wentz unless a first rounder was involved.
I just don’t see how a broken Wentz commands a 1st round pick right now. 

it went “future stud” to inured to 2 years of really, really bad play & injury. 

granted, a lot of that has to do with the lack of receiving weapons and an OL that flat out wrecked him and turned him into David Carr II, but any team dealing for him isn’t going to be as generous in their evaluation.

Stafford had a broken back and the Lions around him and still put up big numbers. Watson took the 2020 Texans offense without Hopkins and still had a monster season. 

When shopping at the scratch & dent store, nobody wants to pay the price of a shiny new appliance. 

I could see adding a player to the 2nd round picks, but if the Eagles are holding out for a 1st, I suspect they’ll have Wentz as a backup. 

What are the feelings on Miles Sanders? I wonder if he is teetering towards a 3rd down back/committee if he doesn’t take a fairly large step forward with his interior rushing. I wonder how a healthy line impacts that

he was a favorite of a regime that is gone

What are the feelings on Miles Sanders? I wonder if he is teetering towards a 3rd down back/committee if he doesn’t take a fairly large step forward with his interior rushing. I wonder how a healthy line impacts that

With the way he caught the ball (lead in drops) and regressed as a pass blocker he may not be the best to be a 3rd down RB. 

It will be interesting to see how the new coaches use him since Doug and Duce underused him, maybe due to the above, this past year. The potential is there to be really good though 

I actually think his interior rushing has been consistently good.  The Eagles don't didn't run much outside zone or toss type plays, their run game was a large majority of inside zone and inside power concepts and Sanders did very well on those.  His stats declined last year because they were down a lot and Doug would forget you could run the ball after half time.

His decline in the passing game is the thing I'm more interested in. Some was him, his drop rate was terrible, but also seems the screen game cratered (line inexperience / injuries will do that) and the seemed to lack imagination in how he was used.

The Colts loved their backs in the passing game, so hopefully Sanders bounces back there. 

In a few Eagles Beats guys FA targets they said the Eagles should take Marlon Mack on the cheap as a complimentary guy. Sanders has talent but his rec and pass blocking skills are questionable.Scott should be back because he's a restricted FA. Mack seems like the sexy pick or Jamaal Williams signing because Sirianni had Mack as one of his favorites in Indy and could be had on the cheap. Williams would be a very good complimentary back to Sanders though. 

Breer was on The Herd. He said CHI is the front runner and Nagy, DeFlippo and company believe they can fix Wentz mechanically. However they want to know if Wentz wants to be in Chicago before making the trade. Breer points that most signs have Wentz's preference is to go to Indy. Didn't mention any specifics other then these and that CHI has been very aggressive. If there's one GM we can swindle a 1st rounder out of he's in CHI. 

I’m still damaged from the 30 year old fireman Andy took in the 1st round years ago to play Guard, no thanks.  

In non Eagles news on a topic I've been posting about

Ariel Gold, the 5-year-old-girl injured in a crash involving former #Chiefs cosch Britt Reid, woke up late Monday night from a coma, the family announced on the official GoFundMe page.

Britt was also put on temporary leave with KC that lasted only a day because his contract was up with the team. Per reports doesn't sound like Britt will be returning. 

In non Eagles news on a topic I've been posting about

Ariel Gold, the 5-year-old-girl injured in a crash involving former #Chiefs cosch Britt Reid, woke up late Monday night from a coma, the family announced on the official GoFundMe page.

Britt was also put on temporary leave with KC that lasted only a day because his contract was up with the team. Per reports doesn't sound like Britt will be returning. 
Awesome!  Still a long journey I'm sure but great news.

Breer was on The Herd. He said CHI is the front runner and Nagy, DeFlippo and company believe they can fix Wentz mechanically. However they want to know if Wentz wants to be in Chicago before making the trade. Breer points that most signs have Wentz's preference is to go to Indy. Didn't mention any specifics other then these and that CHI has been very aggressive. If there's one GM we can swindle a 1st rounder out of he's in CHI. 
I thought Pace was bad. Who is making the decisions there in Philly? Unless Wentz has a no-trade clause in his contract (which I haven’t read anywhere), Philly should just trade him to whoever is offering the most. If it’s the Bears, so be it. It makes sense for the Bears to want to be sure he’s happy coming to Chicago, but why should Philly ask Wentz where he wants to be traded to? What if he says he wants to go to Indy? Do they take a lesser deal to accommodate him? Makes no sense to me.

I thought Pace was bad. Who is making the decisions there in Philly? Unless Wentz has a no-trade clause in his contract (which I haven’t read anywhere), Philly should just trade him to whoever is offering the most. If it’s the Bears, so be it. It makes sense for the Bears to want to be sure he’s happy coming to Chicago, but why should Philly ask Wentz where he wants to be traded to? What if he says he wants to go to Indy? Do they take a lesser deal to accommodate him? Makes no sense to me.
Right, he does not have a no-trade but if the Bears know Wentz doesn't want to be there, why would they trade for him? Why offer Philly "the most" just to take on a headache and potential problem? 

Eagles season ticket invoices arrived today and no increase for any of my seats (4 lower, 2 upper.) Would have REALLY been tone deaf to raise ticket prices during the pandemic AND after the season they just had.

Same approach as last season: they are assuming full capacity for all home games so you have to pay in full by June. If things change, they will make any adjustments/refunds closer to the season.  

He doesn't but why would the Bears offer a lot if they know Wentz is only gonna be there till his contract ends? Thats not smart business by them. Many teams these days are trying to make more business savvy economical decisions that make sense for their clubs/teams 

So as some of you may have read in the past I found out Tim McManus of ESPN and the Eagles writer lives in my area (about 4 mins from my work and 10 from my house roughly). He came in during lunch today as he was working from home. He knows me from the alcohol lane and I'm good friends with his one neighbor is a teacher and his principle is a former coworker of mine. 

I haven't seen or talked to him for about 3 months. He saw me and said hi right away. We had our personal how are things, how's your family Tim etc etc and then we started talking about the Eagles. 

I told him I was talking to 2 people and one was a colleague of his who was giving some info too I got from 2 sources I had. We talked about the stuff I put up here. 

As for a Carson Wentz trade:  

Nothing has really changed in the last few days. Eagles still have almost a month before Wentz's roster bonus and they won't rush anything right now. Packaging Ertz as he suggested in his article last week is a solid move by the Eagles but it complicates things further with cap issues and such for acquiring team. Indy can take on both salaries just a matter of what type of value each is viewed by Indy in terms of compensation given up. Does Indy Value Wentz/Ertz package enough to surrender a 1st plus other assets and really how much of the needle does it move. Indy is in Win now and the Colts need to decided if giving up good assets for these two makes them realistic contenders. Reich is a huge Carson supporter and during meetings early in the offseason Reich told Indy Management if Wentz was available he's his #1 guy he wants to bring in. 

Hurts and QBs:

Jacoby Brisset is the sexy pick to come and back up Hurts as he has familiarity with the Colts (He expects us to have some interests in guys Sirianni has coached like Tyrell Williams and possible Marlon Mack (Says Nick is a huge Mack fan). As for Hurts we discussed the report I got how Hurts doesn't have a lot of support but Carson does despite wanting to be traded? According to Tim the Eagles main brass LOVES WENTZ AND DON'T WANT TO MOVE ON but believe it would be best for both parties to agree to a mutual split (desccribed it more like a metal split between a couple who fell out of love but still good friends) and despite being picked in the 2nd round HURTS SUPPORT IS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. He gauged it 70%-80% don't think Hurts is the future of the team and multiple people including scouts were scratching their heads about the pick especially since he and others heard Jeremy Chinn was gonna be the pick and the scouts are kicking themselves after the ROOKIE YEAR Chinn just had. Gun to his head wouldn't be shocked if neither QB was the starting QB in '22. Also said don't be surprised if Howie is fired midseason or end of this coming season talk of Hurts on the block chatter starts up. Thats how much he believes the Eagles don't see Hurts as the future. Said it wouldn't shock if both are gone this offseason despite how unprecedented that would be but sees Hurts as a bridge gap or this is where Brisset makes sense starting at QB as a stop gap till they get their guy. 

FA's and Own FAs:

Expects the Eagles to look at young Cheep options. Depending how they work the cap, A few guys they may not want to get rid of they kick the cap down the road but wouldn't expect it for many. It'd be enough that it makes it easier to release them if they had too as well. He could see them having interest in Juju Schuster Smith but that seems like a dream at this point. Expects them to keep Boston Scott and bring in an FA (The Formentioned Mack) with other names like Jamaal Williams. WOULDN'T BE SHOCKED if they check in on James Connor either as the Eagles are always looking at young talent who had rough yrs. Depending on his market if he's there late in FA he could see them looking at him.

WR

Josh Reynolds, Williams and Rashard Higgins. Also wouldn't be surprised do to last years interest Demarcus Robinson. Surprise mention DD Westbrook. Jeffrey and Jackson should be cut and Jeffrey is still here into TC that's just embarrassing and all we can do at that point is just laugh. 

TE

Says they might bring in Rodgers just to cover for Ertz but Jackson and Butler they like raw talent wise and Rodgers just might be there to create competition with these guys and possible rookie drafted. 

OL/DL:

Expects them to go draft heavy in later rounds on OL do to their trust in Stoutland coaching guys up. They love their young talent and Names Maliata and Driscoll as guys they really are proud of so far. Could see them drafting Kelce's eventually replacement though he's made no mentions or hinted if he wants to play beyond his contract or before it ends. Doesn't expect a lot FA movement here unless theres a guy they like at a fair price for depth. Could see them fielding offers closer to draft depending on what they like for Brooks

As for the DL he thinks they will keep Graham but restructure the deal for more team friendly. They LOVE BG as a Veteran presence on the line with Cox so he sees both restructuring deals possible. Depending on Barnett they can extend him and save $7M in cap space or trade him. They really like Josh Sweat but the concern is how much can he play with his knees? Is he a guy who could handle more than a situational Pass rusher or could he be a 3 down guy? how will the knees hold up? Most scouts viewed Sweat as only 4 yr player in the NFL do to his knees. So far he's been fairly durable and they really like him. Expects Curry to not be back and Malik Jackson Trade Cut. Ridgeway won't be back. Could see them drafting a Pass Rusher in the first 3 rounds but no one is worth their 1st value wise where they are. Likes the kid from Mia iif we were in the middle in the 13-20. Could see a DT coming in as well. A lot of FA is gonna depend what scheme the Eagles run. 

FA DL: 

If this team was built to win would've fully expected them to be on the JJ Watt Recruiting Train as well as trying for Leonard Williams. Could see them going multiple ways. Draft a guy for sure but take a chance on a cheap young pass rusher as well and maybe bring in another DT in FA for Depth 

LB

Can see Duke Riley coming back on the cheap. Singleton is a RRFA (Restricted Rights Free Agent) so unless they cut him he's coming back and mentions how the Eagles trip all over themselves with Singleton and almost lost him. They like TJ Edwards but can see another FA cheap coming in. They like Taylor at LB but he'll be out for most of camp and into early regular season possible. If the defense is as aggressive at Indys is that puts importance on LBs Matt Milano and Hassan Reddick could be options depending on the cap. Doesn't see much in Draft besides maybe a later round guy unless a guy they love drops 

DB:

If it weren't for McLeod's ACL injury he'd say Mills is 100% gone but the Eagles could bring him back on a team friendly 1 yr deal.  Though he does have a lot of the physical traits Gannon loves in his DBs. Mentions that Darius Slay is very well suited and could have a much better year. Depending what is allowed in FA Visits and such could see the Eagles looking at a guy Gannon had in Indy in Malik Hooker at safety. 25 but has had injuries so could come cheap. If he is durable he could be a solid FA steal at Safety.  Marcus Allen the Safety for NYJ was mentioned as the Eagles hired his former Secondary coach. The Eagles need Safety help and Maye is underrated coming from NYJ and he was a very vocal leader. He came out publicly against Gregg Williams on the bad blitz call and Williams was fired the next day. Maye is 28 but a very durable player and vocal leader who could fill the Malcom Jenkins role. Believes Eagles want another starter so he could see them taking Surtain at R1P06 but if not a CB in 2nd or 3rd. Some of their selections could also depend what type of assets they acquire in a Wentz deal that pertain to the draft this year as well obviously. They want Maddox at the Nickel. Speaking of Nickel sees NRC gone as well as Strap. They do like Jacquett and Wallace. 

Special Teams: 

Elliot issues are concerning but thanks to another Howie Roseman Special they can't just cut him. If Elliot continues to struggle definitely doesn't see him lasting past next season if he last the whole season. Expects nothing else to change and for them to resign Cameron Jonhston. 

Overall he said this should be one of the most dramatic Eagles Offseason he has covered in a very long time. Doesn't remember the last time there was this much drama and so many different stories. Definitely believes the team is fully into their REBUILD which is great. Tim in general is a really great dude and a lot of fun to talk too. We were talking about when this pandemic thing is all over if he has time going with his neighbor and the 3 of us grabbing drinks and shooting the sh** down the line. Also Tim plays Bridge in his spare time with his neighbors in case anyone was wondering. Just a random nonsense who cares fact I wanted to point out. 

Forgot to Mention Tim says Jeff McLane can go pound sand and he (Tim) was already on the case of detracting the story given he had multiple players and sources jacking up his phone calling the report bogus. 

Tim also detracted Jeff's report on Lurie leaving Practice early and not attending the Browns game because he was so sick what he saw. Tim reported Lurie was staying away as precautions as he was visiting his mother in Boston for Thanksgiving. 

Just wanted to point out literally every beat reporter for the Eagles Hates him with some more examples of it 

I didn’t and I quoted like 4-5 posts and deleted them, then retyped it. And what facts are you even talking about? :lmao:   So random lol
I found Jettmaxx's burner twitter account  :lmao:  

@EliotShorrParks

53m

If Carson Wentz was in the 2021 NFL Draft at his current age, with his current contract and with his history in the NFL and ...where would he be drafted?

DJackson10 said:
So as some of you may have read in the past I found out Tim McManus of ESPN and the Eagles writer lives in my area (about 4 mins from my work and 10 from my house roughly). He came in during lunch today as he was working from home. He knows me from the alcohol lane and I'm good friends with his one neighbor is a teacher and his principle is a former coworker of mine. 

I haven't seen or talked to him for about 3 months. He saw me and said hi right away. We had our personal how are things, how's your family Tim etc etc and then we started talking about the Eagles. 

I told him I was talking to 2 people and one was a colleague of his who was giving some info too I got from 2 sources I had. We talked about the stuff I put up here. 

As for a Carson Wentz trade:  

Nothing has really changed in the last few days. Eagles still have almost a month before Wentz's roster bonus and they won't rush anything right now. Packaging Ertz as he suggested in his article last week is a solid move by the Eagles but it complicates things further with cap issues and such for acquiring team. Indy can take on both salaries just a matter of what type of value each is viewed by Indy in terms of compensation given up. Does Indy Value Wentz/Ertz package enough to surrender a 1st plus other assets and really how much of the needle does it move. Indy is in Win now and the Colts need to decided if giving up good assets for these two makes them realistic contenders. Reich is a huge Carson supporter and during meetings early in the offseason Reich told Indy Management if Wentz was available he's his #1 guy he wants to bring in. 

Hurts and QBs:

Jacoby Brisset is the sexy pick to come and back up Hurts as he has familiarity with the Colts (He expects us to have some interests in guys Sirianni has coached like Tyrell Williams and possible Marlon Mack (Says Nick is a huge Mack fan). As for Hurts we discussed the report I got how Hurts doesn't have a lot of support but Carson does despite wanting to be traded? According to Tim the Eagles main brass LOVES WENTZ AND DON'T WANT TO MOVE ON but believe it would be best for both parties to agree to a mutual split (desccribed it more like a metal split between a couple who fell out of love but still good friends) and despite being picked in the 2nd round HURTS SUPPORT IS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. He gauged it 70%-80% don't think Hurts is the future of the team and multiple people including scouts were scratching their heads about the pick especially since he and others heard Jeremy Chinn was gonna be the pick and the scouts are kicking themselves after the ROOKIE YEAR Chinn just had. Gun to his head wouldn't be shocked if neither QB was the starting QB in '22. Also said don't be surprised if Howie is fired midseason or end of this coming season talk of Hurts on the block chatter starts up. Thats how much he believes the Eagles don't see Hurts as the future. Said it wouldn't shock if both are gone this offseason despite how unprecedented that would be but sees Hurts as a bridge gap or this is where Brisset makes sense starting at QB as a stop gap till they get their guy. 

FA's and Own FAs:

Expects the Eagles to look at young Cheep options. Depending how they work the cap, A few guys they may not want to get rid of they kick the cap down the road but wouldn't expect it for many. It'd be enough that it makes it easier to release them if they had too as well. He could see them having interest in Juju Schuster Smith but that seems like a dream at this point. Expects them to keep Boston Scott and bring in an FA (The Formentioned Mack) with other names like Jamaal Williams. WOULDN'T BE SHOCKED if they check in on James Connor either as the Eagles are always looking at young talent who had rough yrs. Depending on his market if he's there late in FA he could see them looking at him.

WR

Josh Reynolds, Williams and Rashard Higgins. Also wouldn't be surprised do to last years interest Demarcus Robinson. Surprise mention DD Westbrook. Jeffrey and Jackson should be cut and Jeffrey is still here into TC that's just embarrassing and all we can do at that point is just laugh. 

TE

Says they might bring in Rodgers just to cover for Ertz but Jackson and Butler they like raw talent wise and Rodgers just might be there to create competition with these guys and possible rookie drafted. 

OL/DL:

Expects them to go draft heavy in later rounds on OL do to their trust in Stoutland coaching guys up. They love their young talent and Names Maliata and Driscoll as guys they really are proud of so far. Could see them drafting Kelce's eventually replacement though he's made no mentions or hinted if he wants to play beyond his contract or before it ends. Doesn't expect a lot FA movement here unless theres a guy they like at a fair price for depth. Could see them fielding offers closer to draft depending on what they like for Brooks

As for the DL he thinks they will keep Graham but restructure the deal for more team friendly. They LOVE BG as a Veteran presence on the line with Cox so he sees both restructuring deals possible. Depending on Barnett they can extend him and save $7M in cap space or trade him. They really like Josh Sweat but the concern is how much can he play with his knees? Is he a guy who could handle more than a situational Pass rusher or could he be a 3 down guy? how will the knees hold up? Most scouts viewed Sweat as only 4 yr player in the NFL do to his knees. So far he's been fairly durable and they really like him. Expects Curry to not be back and Malik Jackson Trade Cut. Ridgeway won't be back. Could see them drafting a Pass Rusher in the first 3 rounds but no one is worth their 1st value wise where they are. Likes the kid from Mia iif we were in the middle in the 13-20. Could see a DT coming in as well. A lot of FA is gonna depend what scheme the Eagles run. 

FA DL: 

If this team was built to win would've fully expected them to be on the JJ Watt Recruiting Train as well as trying for Leonard Williams. Could see them going multiple ways. Draft a guy for sure but take a chance on a cheap young pass rusher as well and maybe bring in another DT in FA for Depth 

LB

Can see Duke Riley coming back on the cheap. Singleton is a RRFA (Restricted Rights Free Agent) so unless they cut him he's coming back and mentions how the Eagles trip all over themselves with Singleton and almost lost him. They like TJ Edwards but can see another FA cheap coming in. They like Taylor at LB but he'll be out for most of camp and into early regular season possible. If the defense is as aggressive at Indys is that puts importance on LBs Matt Milano and Hassan Reddick could be options depending on the cap. Doesn't see much in Draft besides maybe a later round guy unless a guy they love drops 

DB:

If it weren't for McLeod's ACL injury he'd say Mills is 100% gone but the Eagles could bring him back on a team friendly 1 yr deal.  Though he does have a lot of the physical traits Gannon loves in his DBs. Mentions that Darius Slay is very well suited and could have a much better year. Depending what is allowed in FA Visits and such could see the Eagles looking at a guy Gannon had in Indy in Malik Hooker at safety. 25 but has had injuries so could come cheap. If he is durable he could be a solid FA steal at Safety.  Marcus Allen the Safety for NYJ was mentioned as the Eagles hired his former Secondary coach. The Eagles need Safety help and Maye is underrated coming from NYJ and he was a very vocal leader. He came out publicly against Gregg Williams on the bad blitz call and Williams was fired the next day. Maye is 28 but a very durable player and vocal leader who could fill the Malcom Jenkins role. Believes Eagles want another starter so he could see them taking Surtain at R1P06 but if not a CB in 2nd or 3rd. Some of their selections could also depend what type of assets they acquire in a Wentz deal that pertain to the draft this year as well obviously. They want Maddox at the Nickel. Speaking of Nickel sees NRC gone as well as Strap. They do like Jacquett and Wallace. 

Special Teams: 

Elliot issues are concerning but thanks to another Howie Roseman Special they can't just cut him. If Elliot continues to struggle definitely doesn't see him lasting past next season if he last the whole season. Expects nothing else to change and for them to resign Cameron Jonhston. 

Overall he said this should be one of the most dramatic Eagles Offseason he has covered in a very long time. Doesn't remember the last time there was this much drama and so many different stories. Definitely believes the team is fully into their REBUILD which is great. Tim in general is a really great dude and a lot of fun to talk too. We were talking about when this pandemic thing is all over if he has time going with his neighbor and the 3 of us grabbing drinks and shooting the sh** down the line. Also Tim plays Bridge in his spare time with his neighbors in case anyone was wondering. Just a random nonsense who cares fact I wanted to point out. 
:lmao:

Per Les Bowen today:

Spoke with NFL management source (not from Eagles) about the Wentz melodrama. His viewpoint: If Wentz doesn’t want the Bears, Bears aren’t gonna trade for him. Eventually the Eagles take whatever Indy is offering, maybe a second plus something. Also, Eagles draft a QB 6th overall

On Eagles drafting QB sixth overall — bear in mind, Eagles might have a different eval of Hurts than this person, who said his team rated Hurts as a fourth-roundish, backup-with-a-chance type. He thinks, picking high in 1st is a rare chance, u can do better, u have to take a shot

Users who are viewing this thread