What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (5 Viewers)

Wentz will be out of the league before 2026
He will be 34 by then, so I can't really know if he will or won't be out the league, but I do think he will have success with the Colts.  This team is ready to win and win now.  If a crappy Rivers can take this team to the playoffs, having only been sacked 19 times, Wentz can look better IMO.  I think getting away from Philly and those 50 sacks (65 as a team) will do him good.  Plus, the mental side of it favors Wentz when it comes to his relationship with Reich.  Better OL, better  weapons, better coach, better GM, better team.  There's a lot to like if you're a Colts fan.

So, I'm sure this means the Eagles take a QB now. Maybe trade their first and second to move to Miami's pick?  Stay put and take a chance on one of top 4 qbs drop?  Take a different position? 

It's certainly possible Wentz is a good QB again. Last year he sucked, but he wasn't bad the year before. He elevated his team, made some phenomenal throws. It's just that drop in 2020 was unprecedented.  Still think a ton of his issues were mental, so who knows - maybe a fresh start, out of the shadow of Nick Foles and the Super Bowl, back with Frank Reich - maybe he gets his head in order.

It's certainly possible Wentz is a good QB again. Last year he sucked, but he wasn't bad the year before. He elevated his team, made some phenomenal throws. It's just that drop in 2020 was unprecedented.  Still think a ton of his issues were mental, so who knows - maybe a fresh start, out of the shadow of Nick Foles and the Super Bowl, back with Frank Reich - maybe he gets his head in order.
Football is a team sport and it's amazing how good players look on good teams vs bad teams, especially QBs.  Hell, Trent Dilfer won a SB and I think most feel Wentz is a lot better than him. McMahon for the Bears wasn't very good either, but he had the 85 Bears.  Not saying the Colts are the 85 Bears, but Wentz is better than McMahon.   My God, Mark Rypien, Brad Johnson, and Jeff Hostetler won a SB,   

He will be 34 by then, so I can't really know if he will or won't be out the league, but I do think he will have success with the Colts.  This team is ready to win and win now.  If a crappy Rivers can take this team to the playoffs, having only been sacked 19 times, Wentz can look better IMO.  I think getting away from Philly and those 50 sacks (65 as a team) will do him good.  Plus, the mental side of it favors Wentz when it comes to his relationship with Reich.  Better OL, better  weapons, better coach, better GM, better team.  There's a lot to like if you're a Colts fan.
I dont like rivers but rivers never had a year like wentz just had.

Should be able to get Wentz in the late rounds next year for fantasy. Probably grab him in the teens no problem.

And some folks knew it then....and were ok with it. TBH...I'll take several years of basement dwelling if that's the price for 52.
Yep but it sucks the same way it did after the Phillies got theirs in ‘08. I was sure both teams would get 2 championships. It sucked to see how quickly they went from the top to the bottom. 

Yep but it sucks the same way it did after the Phillies got theirs in ‘08. I was sure both teams would get 2 championships. It sucked to see how quickly they went from the top to the bottom. 
At least the Phillies made it back to the world series.  The Eagles collapse was so fast and mostly self inflicted.   And the main reason still runs the show!

It will be great to watch, after Hurts is drafted creating a controversy that ships our disgruntled QB out of town we can turn around and do the same to him.  :lmao:
I'm not sure anyone was under the impression that Hurts is the answer. If it were me, I take the best o-lineman in this draft, because I'm a believer in building from the lines on out. I don't think the Eagles will do that though.

The only thing I’ll argue with is weapons. Better, but Hilton is aging and was poor last year. They done have anything proven after that.

The only thing I’ll argue with is weapons. Better, but Hilton is aging and was poor last year. They done have anything proven after that.
I like the foundation with the OL and running game.  They have some good WRs in Pittman and Campbell if he can stay healthy.  I’m not a fan of Hilton at this stage of his career, but he can definitely help the unit and provides good leadership.  They could draft someone like Rashod Bateman with the 21st pick and that would greatly help the WRs, but they have spent some high draft capital the last few of years on offense with Campbell, Taylor and Pittman, so they may shy away from drafting offense.  I believe if they do draft offense it will be OL or a TE.  Freiermuth anyone?  Pitts will be gone.

Hilton is an UFA. It's an upgrade over Philly, but they don't have a ton of pass catching weapons either. If they're smart they'll take the air out of the ball with Taylor and their defense and not put a ton on Wentz's shoulders.

Hilton is an UFA. It's an upgrade over Philly, but they don't have a ton of pass catching weapons either. If they're smart they'll take the air out of the ball with Taylor and their defense and not put a ton on Wentz's shoulders.
Just keep him healthy

I like the foundation with the OL and running game.  They have some good WRs in Pittman and Campbell if he can stay healthy.  I’m not a fan of Hilton at this stage of his career, but he can definitely help the unit and provides good leadership.  They could draft someone like Rashod Bateman with the 21st pick and that would greatly help the WRs, but they have spent some high draft capital the last few of years on offense with Campbell, Taylor and Pittman, so they may shy away from drafting offense.  I believe if they do draft offense it will be OL or a TE.  Freiermuth anyone?  Pitts will be gone.
I think they need some talent at wr. It’s a good landing spot for sure but there’s some holes.

A few years back I would have agreed to almost anything for a SB win. We got it, so eating the poop sandwich shouldn’t bother me but the fact it’s just laziness from the FO since then is disappointing. Oh well, our division sucks so could still be interesting. 

Wentz was broken last year with the Eagles.   

PHI made out and got what his perceived NFL value was.

IND got a potentially excellent QB back with a coach he liked and didn't break the bank to do so.  It wouldn't surprise me to see Wentz win Comeback Player of the Year next year.

Indy and Wentz are currently winning this trade.....but it won't be definitive until we see what PHI gets in the draft and what they do in the next year or two with the increased cap space.  
Has a comeback player of the year ever been given to a player that wasn't injured the previous year?

I'm not sure anyone was under the impression that Hurts is the answer. If it were me, I take the best o-lineman in this draft, because I'm a believer in building from the lines on out. I don't think the Eagles will do that though.
If there's one worth taking, sure. If Sewell is there they'll take him. Doesn't seem like there a OL or DL besides him worth grabbing at 6.

Probably not.  

Maybe I should have said it wouldn't surprise me if he played at a borderline MVP candidate.
Wouldn’t surprise me, especially if Reich and Press buy him dinner and spoon him while whispering sweet nothings in his ear every night. 

Has a comeback player of the year ever been given to a player that wasn't injured the previous year?
Dunno about injured at *all*, but its certainly gone to players simply for bounceback years after sucking. Ryan Tannehill for instance just in 2019.

Michael Vick's after being in prison would qualify too, he wasn't injured...

Where you at DJackson10?? A day like today calls for a novel written on this kind of move. Either he is penning the Gone with the Wind II The Wentz Years, or he got put in time out again. He hasn’t called anyone names in here.... maybe a shake up in the FFA forum? 😂

seriously, curious to his hot takes and neighborhood connections on this deal.

Where you at DJackson10?? A day like today calls for a novel written on this kind of move. Either he is penning the Gone with the Wind II The Wentz Years, or he got put in time out again. He hasn’t called anyone names in here.... maybe a shake up in the FFA forum? 😂

Have you no clue of the burden on grocery store workers in a PA snow storm? 

Hes gonna come here and post like 50 times before the nights over

Last edited by a moderator:
If Wentz does well for the Colts, and I expect he will, it wasn't a whole lot to give for him.  If that OL can only give up 19 sacks of Wentz, I believe the Colts are going to be satisfied with this trade.  As should the Eagles, because getting a 3rd and if it turns out to be a late 1st, that's a good deal for them too.
I think we need to make a friendly wager. 

I bet the Colts give up more then 19 sacks 

in 2021.  

Just awful. And with Howie making the picks the Colts are getting Wentz for free 
Worst part of this is literally all of the former Eagles who played with Wentz who said he's gonna really succeed with Reich. You know the Eagles messed this up. I hope Wentz wins multiple SBs because that might be the only thing that keeps me happy the next 5-8 yrs or Andy winning another one before he retires. 

I’m curious what needs to happen for that to be a 1. Hoping it’s based on starts but doubt it’s that easy. 

Now we get the glorious talk of which QB we need to take at 6 for a while, constant comparisons to Hurts and Wentz all season long while trying to rebuild. And god forbid if we pass on a QB that becomes a star. This is gonna be glorious :lmao:
Sounds like 75% of the snaps played or 70% and Colts make the playoffs which should be easy to obtain for us with that Colts oline and all. Scheftar also said we aren't pay the Roster bonus either. 

modogg said:
yeah, Colts did a good job holding Howie to the fire and got a bit of a steal.

Never would have thought Sam Bradford would go for more than Carson Wentz did, funny how there was a large contingent of Eagles' fans loving Carson this year still, and then when we see how the other 31 NFL teams value him he is worth only a 3rd round pick  :no:  
Don't think it was how they viewed him as much as teams knew the Eagles were in a hole. This is like the Sixers issue when they had like 10 Centers and wanted to Trade Noel and Okafor. For Okafor they were never gonna get a lot back. Noel they could've but given the situation they put themselves in at the time teams around the league KNEW THE SIXERS HAD TO TRADE 2 Cs. Similar situation here where TEAMS KNEW WE HAD TO TRADE WENTZ so we weren't already down a move there. 

Users who are viewing this thread