What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (4 Viewers)

Yeah 3 or 4 tops. 

I think they’re all in on Fields. The Wilson hype is there for that reason IMO. They’re trying to drum up offers but ultimately I think they go with Fields. I don’t know if they’re going to go with another college QB with a year of experience 
It kinda feels like 4 will gone before our pick.  I'm down for that 

Yeah 3 or 4 tops. 

I think they’re all in on Fields. The Wilson hype is there for that reason IMO. They’re trying to drum up offers but ultimately I think they go with Fields. I don’t know if they’re going to go with another college QB with a year of experience 
4 for sure.  Would be shocked if 4 of:

JAX
NYJ
ATL
PHI
DET
CAR
DEN

Didn't take a QB.

It's gonna be 4.

4 for sure.  Would be shocked if 4 of:

JAX
NYJ
ATL
PHI
DET
CAR
DEN

Didn't take a QB.

It's gonna be 4.
Yeah it’s a lock that the first 2 are QB’s

I think Atlanta may look for one in round 2 and more immediate help early. 

Of course we have to look

Thinking Detroit has to roll with Goff this year at least. 

Carolina and Denver definitely could though unless they trade back. 

Yeah it’s a lock that the first 2 are QB’s

I think Atlanta may look for one in round 2 and more immediate help early. 

Of course we have to look

Thinking Detroit has to roll with Goff this year at least. 

Carolina and Denver definitely could though unless they trade back. 
I think Goff is just a placeholder for them. If they love lance or fields and they're there at 7, I think they pounce. 

Carolina and Denver are obvious ones. And if they trade back, it's only because the big 4 qb are already gone, or another team is trading up to get one of them. 

Really would be shocked if it's not exactly 4 qbs in the top 10

Lance was talked about as a possible top 2 pick. Not having a season kind of quieted that but I have zero doubt a team is going to fall in love with him and he will go in top ten.

Yes, I was addressing needtoknow who said no one will take lance top 10, but he could see 4 qbs going before we pick 6th. Not sure how this is possible. 
I see it now.

One thing I've learned over the years from watching the draft: never underestimate how high a QB needy team will reach for their 'savior'. It's happened again and again over the years and it seldom ends well.

Bottom line is if Eagles feel like any of those QBs are franchise guys they would be fools not to take them. But if not they would be fools not to trade down. 

A WR or CB is not what the team should be taking at 6.

Someone made a good point today. There's no way the Eagles pay Hurts or whoever is the next franchise QB early this time. They may go the Cowboy route and franchise tag a guy until they're sure.

To take Mac with the 5th pick when lance is still on the board?  Zero chance. 

I'm just shocked that you are predicting Mac as a top 5 pick and lance to fall out of the top 10. 
I'm not. You are way more into this than me.  I just want us not to pick a qb or trade back

Someone made a good point today. There's no way the Eagles pay Hurts or whoever is the next franchise QB early this time. They may go the Cowboy route and franchise tag a guy until they're sure.
To be honest I don’t think many teams will unless they’re absolutely sure they have a stud. 

I would point out it's not what Dallas wanted to do and I think the situation they now find themselves is one that teams will try to avoid provided they want to keep their QB.

I would point out it's not what Dallas wanted to do and I think the situation they now find themselves is one that teams will try to avoid provided they want to keep their QB.
This is true but they are not stuck with a 4 year $100m deal on a QB who broke his leg plus was very good but not exactly great. I think they dodged a bullet. They can keep him for mich cheaper now or let him walk. 

Good. Keep floating that so someone comes up and takes him. 

Im sure if they’re going QB it’s Wilson or Fields. Saying there’s interest in Lance can possible help with trades. 
I feel like they are more into taking Trask with his QB coach here now though then Lance. But taking Lance would be the most philly move ever 

That would be awesome for us.  Wilson would be an absolute dream for us at 6 but I don't think that happens.  Lance like you say may go earlier, but I don't think he can be in conversation for us at 6.  Fields is our big question mark... might be there, and people have him anywhere from a lock for #2 pick or late 1st.  He's our most likely QB by far I think if we do go that route.
A lot of places are projecting Fields as the most likely to Bust do to consistency concerns 

i think the talk of Eagles taking a QB at 6 is all setting up for a potential trade down.if they draft a QB at 6, after taking Hurts in the 2nd round last year, it will be the most idiotic decision the team could make. would seem to be almost unforgivable and you would think Lurie would chase Howie down and inquire with what the hell they are doing. so many other needs with an aging roster, get some more picks and younger. next year is not a year they are competing for a title anyway. 

i know they haven't picked a defensive guy high in a long time, and i don't think they need to yet. take this year to get a lot of young talent and develop. They are said to have close to 80 million in cap money for '22 with moving on from Wentz, so get some young talent with an idea of free agents next year who are potential adds to have a competitive roster next year

This is true but they are not stuck with a 4 year $100m deal on a QB who broke his leg plus was very good but not exactly great. I think they dodged a bullet. They can keep him for mich cheaper now or let him walk. 
If I'm not mistaken after this year they can't franchise him right? Dak can hold Dal Hostage right now because him and his agent know Dal has no one in line better to replace him. They are seeing if Dallas blinks 

taking a rookie this year, with all of the hype and weighed down expectations as a top draft pick, with this half-### roster would be truly idiotic. do we need another QB to get sacked close to 60 times next year so we can have him seeing ghosts already in his 2nd year?

Lane Johnson seems to be the only truly dependable guy on that line right now. i love Mailata, but give him a full off-season and a year to learn would be ideal. i love Brandon Brooks too, but really what can we expect from him in a full year. they will have a serviceable line, but set themselves up similar so if/when you need a top QB for that next step you can bring him in to succeed.

hopefully Hurts is pretty good, and most importantly shows signs he is willing to learn and get better. with him already throwing with guys in Texas and ingraining himself with the team, you are really kind of asking for your entire locker room chemistry to blow up 

If I'm not mistaken after this year they can't franchise him right? Dak can hold Dal Hostage right now because him and his agent know Dal has no one in line better to replace him. They are seeing if Dallas blinks 
But honestly Dallas had almost as bad a record as Philly. This is the time they could blink because even with Dak, they're not going anywhere. They need to restock with talent as well. If they want a QB, now's the time to go grab one and tell Dak it was fun but have a nice career. 

But honestly Dallas had almost as bad a record as Philly. This is the time they could blink because even with Dak, they're not going anywhere. They need to restock with talent as well. If they want a QB, now's the time to go grab one and tell Dak it was fun but have a nice career. 
Yeah but you know Dal loves to take stupid chances. Maybe with Jerry not having as much say they've smartened up a bit but we hope they haven't and Sign Dak to a mega deal. Dal also has cap issues too 

He was.  Washington wasn't playing great either 
WAS plays half as good as they should we lose by 21. Despite WAS poor play Hurts was embarrassing. If Wentz was in there and played like that people would've been calling for his head but for some reason we give Hurts a pass for it? Hurts play was embarrassing. If this was a game mid season being played and Hurts was pulled the media would be all over Hurts poor play even nationally.. His QBR was lower then anything that Wentz had put up in his 5 yrs here. 

If Wentz was in there and played like that people would've been calling for his head but for some reason we give Hurts a pass for it? 
Rollins and Howard suck but Utley is the best player ever. It’s what we do here.

They’ll say because Hurts had to overcome COVID and not having a pre-season while completely ignoring that 3 other QB’s had the same conditions, on seemingly bad teams, and did well and started immediately or early on. They’ll ignore that Hurts only looked good because no one had tape on him and once they adjusted he looked terrible. They’ll ignore that we could run him 15-20 times per game because he was 100% healthy. The same ones will say after all that he DESERVES a chance. Deserves, like he’s put in years of being a good player and showed potential. 

Once this place is done with a player (Wentz and countless others) that player will always “suck” no matter what and once they love you it’s unconditional and forever no matter how bad you really are. 

The bottom line is that Wentz, Hurts and a large part of the team and coaches sucked last year. Wentz also should not be equally as sucky as a rookie QB either. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Complete disaster of a signing. Should be arrested for robbery. 
Not the player's fault.  We bring in a 30+ guy with a history of niggling injuries who continues to miss games to injury.  ####### shocker.

This is an element of the ridiculous "Super Bowl window" thing they had going.  That makes sense when you have an elite QB in the last couple of years of his career (Manning in Denver, Rodgers & Brady now, etc).  With a QB Carson's age at the time it was stupid to borrow from the future (cap and draft pick wise) for the present.  All we got for that was two 9 win seasons and a 4 win season. 

DJackson10 said:
DOn't love Lance at 6 but based on what I've heard about the Eagles faith in Jalen Hurts doesn't surprise me either. 
I really don't get the mentality of this rigid draft slot value people go on with this time of year.  If he turns into even an above average QB, who is going to care he was taken at 6 instead of, say, 10?

If he doesn't, then the pick is a mistake at 6 or 10 or 32.  If you believe in the player and think he won't be there next time you pick, then take him.  If your evaluation is good, then the pick is a success. 🤷‍♂️

Insein said:
Yep.  Bet the Eagles and Rams both wish they had done that now.

modogg said:
i think the talk of Eagles taking a QB at 6 is all setting up for a potential trade down.if they draft a QB at 6, after taking Hurts in the 2nd round last year, it will be the most idiotic decision the team could make. would seem to be almost unforgivable and you would think Lurie would chase Howie down and inquire with what the hell they are doing. so many other needs with an aging roster, get some more picks and younger. next year is not a year they are competing for a title anyway. 

i know they haven't picked a defensive guy high in a long time, and i don't think they need to yet. take this year to get a lot of young talent and develop. They are said to have close to 80 million in cap money for '22 with moving on from Wentz, so get some young talent with an idea of free agents next year who are potential adds to have a competitive roster next year
Goedert, Mailata and Josh Sweat are UFAs after this season, and all should be worth decent money on the open market and won't be cheap to keep.

I really don't get the mentality of this rigid draft slot value people go on with this time of year.  If he turns into even an above average QB, who is going to care he was taken at 6 instead of, say, 10?

If he doesn't, then the pick is a mistake at 6 or 10 or 32.  If you believe in the player and think he won't be there next time you pick, then take him.  If your evaluation is good, then the pick is a success. 🤷‍♂️
Let me make this clear, I’m not beating the Rashawn Slater drum here. However what you said applies to him similarly. If he projects to an elite caliber interior OL with the ability to flex outside in a pinch then why devalue him? Is he better value at 15? Absolutely. But if half of the top 15 guys flame out as is usually the case, shouldn’t a player like that be in consideration? 

Let me make this clear, I’m not beating the Rashawn Slater drum here. However what you said applies to him similarly. If he projects to an elite caliber interior OL with the ability to flex outside in a pinch then why devalue him? Is he better value at 15? Absolutely. But if half of the top 15 guys flame out as is usually the case, shouldn’t a player like that be in consideration? 
Positional value and opportunity cost come into play as well though.  If I'm putting a team together, my priorities to build or maintain are to have top tier players at QB, OT, and one WR on Offense, and two DL and two DBs on D.  I consider those to be the "must have" positions and everything else "nice to have".

So, interior OL is a nice to have position, and it is one of the few where lower round players can be competent starters, or better.  I guess because success there isn't as closely tied to athletic measurables. 

For that reason, I wouldn't take an OG in the 1st, because of the opportunity cost and the fact that I see it as a less critical position than others, where it is more difficult to get functional players in mid / late rounds.

I'd love to analyse at some point, but I'm not sure where I'd get the data, but I think if you looked at snaps played by draft position, G/C is one where you'd find more snaps by lower draft position guys than almost any other position.   

Bigboy10182000 said:
Rollins and Howard suck but Utley is the best player ever. It’s what we do here.

They’ll say because Hurts had to overcome COVID and not having a pre-season while completely ignoring that 3 other QB’s had the same conditions, on seemingly bad teams, and did well and started immediately or early on. They’ll ignore that Hurts only looked good because no one had tape on him and once they adjusted he looked terrible. They’ll ignore that we could run him 15-20 times per game because he was 100% healthy. The same ones will say after all that he DESERVES a chance. Deserves, like he’s put in years of being a good player and showed potential. 

Once this place is done with a player (Wentz and countless others) that player will always “suck” no matter what and once they love you it’s unconditional and forever no matter how bad you really are. 

The bottom line is that Wentz, Hurts and a large part of the team and coaches sucked last year. Wentz also should not be equally as sucky as a rookie QB either. 
Oh yeah I know. Utley had a terrible season almost as bad if not worse then Howard one year and got a pass. Another poster on my own board said there couldn't been unaware racism involved as black players like Howard/Rollins/McNabb always were called lazy and soft while White players were thought of as hard working and blue collar like Chase was. Yes exceptions like a B-Dawk but for the most. He wasn't calling anyone a out and out racist but saying we are unaware of some of our own biases at times not realizing what we do. 

This theory can be reversed when discussion Black to White athletes. Numerous people defending Hurts while saying Carson sucks, calling him privileged and babied etc. You pick up on the trigger words in both. I don't 100% agree with the overall theory but I see why he is going there.

Foles had some pretty terrible games but was defended. Carson has one bad game and everyone is over him. Like I stated already If The WAS game was Week 8 of the regular season and Hurts played that poorly the talk around the league would be how historically bad Hurts was and if he deserves to be benched. Lamar Jackson has had a few of these games too but is bailed out by better talent around him. Guys like them are dangerously inconsistent, and unless you get talent around them to make up for their lack of other skills they rear it's ugly head big time. It's why I hate building a team around players like Lamar and stuff. I'd rather build my team around a QB like Peyton, Rodgers, Big Ben, Mahomes type because I know their bad game or off days is gonna be far less then a Lamar or Hurts or even go further and say a Vick just based on how inconsistent those guys are to the others I mentioned. 

Positional value and opportunity cost come into play as well though.  If I'm putting a team together, my priorities to build or maintain are to have top tier players at QB, OT, and one WR on Offense, and two DL and two DBs on D.  I consider those to be the "must have" positions and everything else "nice to have".

So, interior OL is a nice to have position, and it is one of the few where lower round players can be competent starters, or better.  I guess because success there isn't as closely tied to athletic measurables. 

For that reason, I wouldn't take an OG in the 1st, because of the opportunity cost and the fact that I see it as a less critical position than others, where it is more difficult to get functional players in mid / late rounds.

I'd love to analyse at some point, but I'm not sure where I'd get the data, but I think if you looked at snaps played by draft position, G/C is one where you'd find more snaps by lower draft position guys than almost any other position.   
Don’t disagree. With that reasoning I would guess that a similar assessment can be made for WRs

Not the player's fault.  We bring in a 30+ guy with a history of niggling injuries who continues to miss games to injury.  ####### shocker.

This is an element of the ridiculous "Super Bowl window" thing they had going.  That makes sense when you have an elite QB in the last couple of years of his career (Manning in Denver, Rodgers & Brady now, etc).  With a QB Carson's age at the time it was stupid to borrow from the future (cap and draft pick wise) for the present.  All we got for that was two 9 win seasons and a 4 win season. 
Dead serious I just heard this word for the first time today during a soccer broadcast. Never heard it before 

Don’t disagree. With that reasoning I would guess that a similar assessment can be made for WRs
But I think an elite Julio type WR changes your offense in a major way, which makes it worth it.  Think about McNabb, for most of his career he was very good, but not in the top tier.  The one year he had TO, he was elite.

Goedert, Mailata and Josh Sweat are UFAs after this season, and all should be worth decent money on the open market and won't be cheap to keep.
This is why I keep saying I won't be surprised if they pass on WR for Kyle Pitts. People See Pitts as "oh he's a TE but we got Goedert and need WRs." The thing is we need both and who knows if they want Goedert here past next season and his price isn't gonna be as cheap anymore. With the cap situation drafting an absolute Mismatch in Kyle Pitts is well worth it. It does a disservice to call him a TE because he's a literal hybrid WR like Travis Kelce. Not as emotional as Kelce but he's a challenge to caver no matter what especially in the RZ. Plus he's a Philly guy too so you know he's gonna play all out for ya if you take him. We also need depth. I know there's really great WR's in the top 10 but they also come with some question marks. Chase skipped last year and there's concerns if Smith with his size will hold up at the NFL level. 

This isn't my bias as much as it just makes sense. Also a few scouting reports and reports I've seen are some teams have Pitts as the 2nd best player in the draft and believe he can play WR and TE at the next level. Some aren't gonna like the pick especially if Chase/Smith are there or Surtain/Parsons but the pick makes sense and you are still getting a big time impact playmaker in the building. At this point it's not about what position they play as much as it's about can they make the team better and make plays. Plus I'll take elite talent at a Position thats thin on great Position players like TE as you can still find WRs. This is a new coaching staff too but the same guy picking players. Lets see what the coaches can do to develop some of these guys. I'm not high on Reagor but if we bring in Tyrell Williams at WR 

Williams

Reagor

Fulgham

Ward

Hightower

Watkins 

Rookie 2nd or 3rd RD

I think that pretty good depth. See what they can do under a year with this coaching staff and go from there. I won't be upset if we don't draft Pitts but I also get why they would take him. 

But I think an elite Julio type WR changes your offense in a major way, which makes it worth it.  Think about McNabb, for most of his career he was very good, but not in the top tier.  The one year he had TO, he was elite.
Generational talent yes. Outside of that no. WRs that have a modicum of talent and work routes can be schemed open. Jefferson is a perfect example

Last edited by a moderator:
The allure of TE’s always leads to first round busts, especially when their calling card is all about pass catching. Just bring Goedert back and use him as a building block. He shouldn’t be that expensive. 
Agree on the 1st point.  The odds of a guy like Pitts being able to consistently win at X in the NFL are slim IMO.  Not impossible, but it's not a good bet for the number 6 pick.

But bringing back Goedert won't be cheap I don't think.  Trey Burton got $32m over 3 with $18m guaranteed in 2018.  Goedert is clearly better than Austin Hooper who got $42m over 4 years with $23m guaranteed last offseason.

I think Goedert would get closer to $15m than $10m per year on the open market.

Yep.  Bet the Eagles and Rams both wish they had done that now.
maybe.  I wonder though, what's more valuable for the rebuilding Eagles? 34 million in cap space in 2021, or a 1st and 3rd round draft pick? If we had waited, Wentz is a FA. We have an extra 30 mil in cap space - do we spend it wisely?

Agree on the 1st point.  The odds of a guy like Pitts being able to consistently win at X in the NFL are slim IMO.  Not impossible, but it's not a good bet for the number 6 pick.

But bringing back Goedert won't be cheap I don't think.  Trey Burton got $32m over 3 with $18m guaranteed in 2018.  Goedert is clearly better than Austin Hooper who got $42m over 4 years with $23m guaranteed last offseason.

I think Goedert would get closer to $15m than $10m per year on the open market.
I knew Hooper got paid I never realized it was that much money but he was pretty young and coming off of a few 70+ catch seasons 

I don’t Burton’s money is too bad though if he lives up to the potential. 

Mailata and Sweat can get expensive though. 

Users who are viewing this thread