What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (6 Viewers)

Doesn't really affect us if jersey sales plummet.

PS... I'm heading to Oregon for the Beavs/Huskies game in 2 weeks!
I like Hurts, fwiw...

I haven't decided if I'm going to games yet.  Not because of the vid or anything, Ive just got piles of #### to do to my house......buying/selling.

Nolan looks pretty good but I still think it's Gebbias job if hes good to go.  He was the best player on the field in last year's civil war......Go Beavs!!

Needs IMHO I think will determine how they feel about Hurts which right now from my understanding their thoughts haven't changed from Jan of this year and after this past weeks game so QB could be on the menu. If there's a guy they really like I think they take him. However depending on FA and how they feel about how far they are out $$$$ etc they could go and change the NFL landscape say by Signing Aaron Rodgers. Or if they want a bridge gap go the Bridgewater, Brisset or Mariotta (Imagine if that were to happen) routes and draft their guy to develop. I think if we do get a QB Hurts ends up being traded and one of the latter 3 becomes a bridge gap and then the back up.
Good lord.

I like Hurts, fwiw...

I haven't decided if I'm going to games yet.  Not because of the vid or anything, Ive just got piles of #### to do to my house......buying/selling.

Nolan looks pretty good but I still think it's Gebbias job if hes good to go.  He was the best player on the field in last year's civil war......Go Beavs!!
We need a Beavs thread.  But ya Nolan looked pretty good.  If you head down to the game shoot me a PM, me and my friends have a big tailgate set up on 30th street, swing by and say hi.  No Eagles/Cowboys talk though haha.

Not buying a Hurts jersey for his own good. Last 2 QB jerseys I bought were Caron Wentz (2016) and Nick Foles (2013). So not a good omen if I do that to Hurts.
Bought my son a Demarco Murray jersey. Since his number was 29 I was able to put some tap on it and make it a Blount jersey during our SB run. Since then I've told him that the only way I buy you an Eagles jersey is if they sign an extension.

Thursday night game is NYG @ WAS. So for another 24 hours plus change, we're the only undefeated team in NFC East. Just wanted to post that before tomorrow. :football:

Thursday night game is NYG @ WAS. So for another 24 hours plus change, we're the only undefeated team in NFC East. Just wanted to post that before tomorrow. :football:
We're the only undefeated team even after tomorrow.  Both wash and NYG have already lost. 

Maybe you meant we're the only team with a win until tomorrow? :P

What will it take for you to like hurts?   Holy hell

MVP season and winning a SB and I don't mean as a game manager where the defense carries the team like a Trent Dilfer. Oh and hit a wide open Receiver in stride instead of heave it up and have a receiver run back for it (Ertz play really showed the lack of deep ball strength). 

Plus I'm going by what my sources have told me is the managements thinking right now. You don't have to believe me thats fine. I just wouldn't be shocked if Hurts isn't the Starter 2-3 yrs from now is all I'm saying based on what I've gotten relayed to me 

Last edited by a moderator:
The obsession you have with moving on from Hurts, especially after that week 1 performance is about as puzzling of a take as I've ever seen on these boards. Brissett, Mariotta, and Bridgewater... seriously? This is what we're talking about?

Bridge gap guys. I'm going off info I've received all offseason. The rumors on the Eagles looking at other QBs also supports what I've posted in here that the brass isn't sold on Hurts being the guy. Why would there have been rumors on them being interested in Watson (they were seriously interested in him before the allegations), moving up to take Zach Wilson, etc. So I'm going by off the info I was given. Also Derrick Gunn basically confirmed this in a tweet to someone who asked me saying he's heard similar about the Brass not being sold on Hurts as the guy. @need2know is just more obssesed with me ragging on Hurts because he's a Bama guy. 

Again people don't have to believe me but my line of thinking is going off of what I was told from people and has been confirmed by people and reports already. 

Yeah man, you have to be flexible with this. Many of us thought Seamulo was terrible a few years back but he’s improved and is playing at a high level. Hurts played poorly last year and looked damn good on Sunday. Both can be true. We’re on a fantasy football message board. Every single one of us has “loved” or “hated” a guy only to be proven wrong dozens of times. You can’t stay locked in. 

I'm being realistic. Need is a Bama guy so he's obviously going to defend Hurts to the high heavens which is understandably. Again I'm going by what 2 different sources told me this offseason and I was told still was true going into week 1. That info has been confirmed by the Eagles Actions of looking into Watson and trying to move up in the draft to take Zach Wilson. Derrick Gunn made tweet several weeks ago asking "HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE EAGLES NOT NAMING A STARTING QB YET." I tweeted something to the extent "Just confirms what I was told by a few people about them not believing Hurts to be the Franchise QB". Of corse I had the tweet response of "What sources" and DGUNN responded with "Several" all but confirming what I was told was true. 

So my thought process right now is going by what I've been told and what I've seen from the guy before. I don't care if people believe me or not. You got a lot of factions in on this. You Got the Hurts fans who will defend him to death, the Wentz haters who hope Hurts proves them right, the people who just want to see good QB, the people who have seen Hurts in college and not impressed yet, and then those who have been given what seems to be good info about the topic so far. I'm in the I'm not a believer he's an NFL starting QB good back up and was told by 2 different sources with stories confirming the Eagles actions of said info being True right now. Doesn't mean I hate the guy. Just because I don't believe in him doesn't mean I hate the guy. 

Was actually going to say the same but wanted to allow more time. 

Something as small as not seeing Greg Ward on the field was a breathe of fresh air to me lol. Doug is gonna have such a crazy Philly style arch like Foles lol

Speaking of Eagles WR's former Eagle Greg Lewis got some press this week. He's on KC's staff and was involved with the Clevland player who got the boot. He's the coach who was seen being pushed and pushed back early in the game. Didn't realize it till I saw an article on it today. Always like Lewis and he's not one to engage in that stuff unless something was off. He had to have thought the Brown player intentionally pulled a Suh and stomped on his player there 

Philly fans will turn on Hurts as soon as he has a bad game......jersey sales will plummet

You aren't wrong many turn on guys fast. The only reason Nick Foles has gotten a pass is he helped win a SB so people won't admit how terrible he was his final year or so here. Before Carson came back from his ACL Foles started the 18 season and was pretty avg. Didn't do enough to beat a terrible Tampa Secondary. His play was bad enough the coaches forced Wentz back into playing earlier then expected. Then he had the back problem and Foles played awful. Foles had an OK season when Carson went out with the back problem but made multiple mistakes in the playoff game vs NO. Don't fault the last INT on him as much as Alshon but the throw could've been better. Lets not forgot how poor Nick looked prior to the 2017 playoffs. I was told the team thought they were Fd if they didn't have that bye week as it allowed them to go back and see what Made Foles successful during his huge year he had before getting traded. Apparently that was mostly Reich/DeFilippo doing though more then Doug. He basically just told them figure it out and let them do the rest. 

You aren't wrong though on yelling for Hurts replacement. Minute he has a few bad games and is benched or hurt and Minshew comes in and has a good game people will start turning on the guy calling for Minshew to start. That's my biggest problem with our fanbase. A lot of fickle and fake/Fraud fans. They'll claim they love the guy but the minute he sucks turn on him and stab him in the back. It's like a fake friend who acts like they are your friend but is behind your back always scheming on ways to get rid of you or talking smack on you. I do blame a lot of this though on Talk radio in this town. Its brainwashed a lot of people with terrible opinions on sports. 

Bought my son a Demarco Murray jersey. Since his number was 29 I was able to put some tap on it and make it a Blount jersey during our SB run. Since then I've told him that the only way I buy you an Eagles jersey is if they sign an extension.

I saved myself and bought myself a Cunningham Kelly Green Jersey. Might eventually buy a Jerome Brown White one to add to that. I would wear my McNabb one but I out grew that by the time he was traded and had replaced it with a DeSean Jackson throwback Kelly Green from when they wore them that one year already. 

I'm being realistic. Need is a Bama guy so he's obviously going to defend Hurts to the high heavens which is understandably. Again I'm going by what 2 different sources told me this offseason and I was told still was true going into week 1. That info has been confirmed by the Eagles Actions of looking into Watson and trying to move up in the draft to take Zach Wilson. Derrick Gunn made tweet several weeks ago asking "HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE EAGLES NOT NAMING A STARTING QB YET." I tweeted something to the extent "Just confirms what I was told by a few people about them not believing Hurts to be the Franchise QB". Of corse I had the tweet response of "What sources" and DGUNN responded with "Several" all but confirming what I was told was true. 

So my thought process right now is going by what I've been told and what I've seen from the guy before. I don't care if people believe me or not. You got a lot of factions in on this. You Got the Hurts fans who will defend him to death, the Wentz haters who hope Hurts proves them right, the people who just want to see good QB, the people who have seen Hurts in college and not impressed yet, and then those who have been given what seems to be good info about the topic so far. I'm in the I'm not a believer he's an NFL starting QB good back up and was told by 2 different sources with stories confirming the Eagles actions of said info being True right now. Doesn't mean I hate the guy. Just because I don't believe in him doesn't mean I hate the guy. 
I thought the Seamulo and fantasy football analogy would hit home. 

I'm being realistic.

No, you're not.  "MVP season and winning a SB" is not even remotely a realistic measure of success for a QB, especially one drafted in the 2nd round.  You're setting unrealistic expectations. Especially to *LIKE* Hurts.  By that standard you would not like Drew Brees, Josh Allen, Dan Marino, Russell Wilson, Matt Stafford, etc..  Chargers fans shouldn't like Justin Herbert.  

You're basically saying unless he's Tom Brady/Payton Manning/Aaron Rodgers level, you won't LIKE him.  Which is utterly ridiculous, and none of us will take you seriously on this.

As with everything in the NFL, this is a fluid situation. The stuff you were told in the offseason reflected their thinking at the time, because it was unknown whether Hurts could be a legitimate NFL starter. But there are new elements in play now in the form of a new coaching staff and a new offense. If he shows he can succeed this year, then he will be the guy and the FO will adjust their thinking. And "they tried to trade for Watson in 2021" won't be a valid point anymore. 

The best NFL coaches and execs are good at adjusting their thinking when it's warranted. You are not. Immediately after a game where Hurts showed that maybe he can be a legitimate NFL starting QB is not the best time to double down on your negativity about him. 

MVP season and winning a SB and I don't mean as a game manager where the defense carries the team like a Trent Dilfer. Oh and hit a wide open Receiver in stride instead of heave it up and have a receiver run back for it (Ertz play really showed the lack of deep ball strength). 
That is absolutely ridiculous. He's a failure if he's not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Your bias is too strong and I'm inclined to stop reading your posts that have anything to do with Hurts. 

I mean after this game, I still think the odds are not in his favor to be a successful starting QB. He still has glaring weakness - because no kidding, he's a second round QB with his first real season/camp and 5 starts. He's going to struggle when he has to be in a shootout or down 17 points.  Thats normal. 
But I still *like* him, want him to succeed, and am glad we saw progress this past game.

Pip's Invitation said:
That is absolutely ridiculous. He's a failure if he's not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Your bias is too strong and I'm inclined to stop reading your posts that have anything to do with Hurts. 
You actually read through them all anyways!?  Wow. 

But yes his bias is strong... just wait until he plays bad and get ready to read the "this is what I was saying from the start" posts.  At this point I actually think he WANTS him to fail.  Unbelievable. 

Pip's Invitation said:
As with everything in the NFL, this is a fluid situation. The stuff you were told in the offseason reflected their thinking at the time, because it was unknown whether Hurts could be a legitimate NFL starter. But there are new elements in play now in the form of a new coaching staff and a new offense. If he shows he can succeed this year, then he will be the guy and the FO will adjust their thinking. And "they tried to trade for Watson in 2021" won't be a valid point anymore. 

The best NFL coaches and execs are good at adjusting their thinking when it's warranted. You are not. Immediately after a game where Hurts showed that maybe he can be a legitimate NFL starting QB is not the best time to double down on your negativity about him. 
You have more confidence in the FO than I do.  They are the self proclaimed QB factory.  In my opinion, if Howie see a QB he likes, he'll take him, other team needs be damned. 

I personally am not completely sold on Hurts, yet, but the game against the Falcons was very impressive and encouraging.  I'd say I'm entering the cautious optimism stage.  As a Miami Dolphins fan living in the Philly market (Eagles are my #2 team) and from what I've observed, I'd take Hurts over Tua for sure.  Granted I've seen more Hurts than Tua but that's my thinking.

You actually read through them all anyways!?  Wow. 

But yes his bias is strong... just wait until he plays bad and get ready to read the "this is what I was saying from the start" posts.  At this point I actually think he WANTS him to fail.  Unbelievable. 
I don't read every word of every post, but I do glean most of them to get a sense of what he's saying, and the Hurts ones are really starting to annoy me. 

If he's made 5-10 posts in a row, I skip anything after about 2 or 3. 😆

I thought the Seamulo and fantasy football analogy would hit home. 

I understood it again just going by info I've received and Eagles reactions with reports said info I've received since then. Also I've watched Hurts since Freshman year and he's never impressed me. I just don't see him right now as an NFL starter. I see him as a great Back up Spot starter right now 

No, you're not.  "MVP season and winning a SB" is not even remotely a realistic measure of success for a QB, especially one drafted in the 2nd round.  You're setting unrealistic expectations. Especially to *LIKE* Hurts.  By that standard you would not like Drew Brees, Josh Allen, Dan Marino, Russell Wilson, Matt Stafford, etc..  Chargers fans shouldn't like Justin Herbert.  

You're basically saying unless he's Tom Brady/Payton Manning/Aaron Rodgers level, you won't LIKE him.  Which is utterly ridiculous, and none of us will take you seriously on this.

The guy was drafted in the 2nd round. If you are drafted that early as a QB I'm expecting you to put up quality pro bowl seasons every year and win at least 1 SB on my team. That's not Hurts fault for those expectations thought, thats on the Eagles for over drafting a guy who was a Day 3 pick late Day 2 pick at best. 

The guy was drafted in the 2nd round. If you are drafted that early as a QB I'm expecting you to put up quality pro bowl seasons every year and win at least 1 SB on my team. 
Flawed thinking. All the best QB prospects go in the first round. It's the most important position and if teams have a guy they really want, they take him there. Plus they get the extra year of control that way. The second round is where your Andy Daltons go. Did you expect Andy Dalton to be a perennial Pro Bowler and SB winner? 

Pip's Invitation said:

Again if I'm drafting a QB in the 1st 2 rounds that's gonna be high expectations. Its why I frown upon teams drafting the Vicks/Jackson top 10 in or in the 1st round of a draft. Those guys are only going to be around for a few yrs. If I'm drafting a QB I want him to be successful for more then a few yrs and be a guy I can trust for the next 10 yrs at most. 

Maybe my expectations are too high for the guy but I want him to at least consistently be a pro bowler if I'm drafting a guy that high with a chance at a SB. His weak downfield arm still scares me a ton. Ertz should've had a TD on that pass on Sunday and they played a terrible Falcons team defensively. I'd like to see a more aggressive game plan for him while still staying within guys strengths. I was gonna say SF would be a good test this week but they'd lost quite a few key pieces to their D since opening week now I think it's gonna be a bit tough to judge him this week 

Pip's Invitation said:

I got it confirmed again on Monday things as of now haven't changed with the FO. Sirianni was told he wasn't handcuffed to one QB and if he didn't like Hurts after this year they could see what upgrades they could make moves wise. I understand things can change but right now they are still the same as they were back in January. There's a large contingent of people in the org who were not Hurts supporters from day 1 and the guy was solely picked to please a former coaching staff similar to Reagor being drafted instead of Jefferson. There was a very large contingent who weren't Hurts Supporters and when Derrick Gunn confirmed my tweet that was barely a month ago. 

Hurts played a good game but the game plan on Sunday was very safe. I still don't trust the dude if we need to get into a shootout. His weak deep ball scares me as we have WR's who can blow the tops off defenses and if we don't have a QB who can throw a legit good long ball that is just negating a strength of the offense we could use and setting it back from it's full potential. I'd like to see if the coaching staff legit gets more aggressive on the play calls for Hurts because if it continues to be safe I think thats a worry. 

Sirianni was told he wasn't handcuffed to one QB and if he didn't like Hurts after this year they could see what upgrades they could make moves wise. 
And I'm sure the FO will stick to that. The difference is that the opinion of Sirianni and the FO could change depending on Hurts' performance. Yours won't. 

Giving yourself some room to hate more if he plays well again this week. 

Uh no I'm just stating the facts that SF is short handed on a couple of big contributors. Again just like last season Saints game. Does anyone truly think we win if Brees plays over Taysom Hill? Hill missed about 4 throws that were big including 2 would be TD's. One of them resulted in a missed FG by one of the best kickers in the league. Hurts played a great first half that game but was horrendous in the 2nd half of that game. 

I liken it to the past 8 or so yrs of GB with Aaron Rodgers. They are only relevant because of his play. Their defense has been embarrassingly bad for yrs. McCarthy was terrible and Rodgers won a SB in Spite of him. The minute Rodgers has went down GB is no where near the team they were with Rodgers. Brees with the NO defense is kind of similar. Taysom Hill is nothing special. He's a gadget player at best. I thought it was funny this offseason when people thought there was a QB competition between Winston and Hill. I'm not a huge Wintson fan and he should be in jail and not playing football after what he did to the girls at FSU. Talent wise he has it if he get some accuracy and even an inconsistent Winston is far better than Hill. 

Point is SF is missing some key contributors so it makes it a little harder to gauge the success. Just like beating NO last year with a guy who has zero business as a Starter playing and the Eagles beating them last year. 

And I'm sure the FO will stick to that. The difference is that the opinion of Sirianni and the FO could change depending on Hurts' performance. Yours won't. 

Considering the FO's evaluation of talent for awhile I'm not so sure many trust their evaluation of talent based on performance right now. I mean despite how well he played we did release our starting LB Alex Singleton before Injuries made us promote him back to the active roster. This is despite the fact he had outplayed most of the LB's in that preseason. 

That's funny because people said the same when it came to Miles Sanders and I've already stated I was wrong in my assessment there. However that doesn't change my opinion that many locals and media incredible overrate the players from said college still. 

The guy was drafted in the 2nd round. If you are drafted that early as a QB I'm expecting you to put up quality pro bowl seasons every year and win at least 1 SB on my team. That's not Hurts fault for those expectations thought, thats on the Eagles for over drafting a guy who was a Day 3 pick late Day 2 pick at best. 
Once again this is simply flawed expectation by you. Not Hurts, not the team - you. Also, you're changing the tune, now it's "pro bowl seasons every year"? It was "Must be MVP" a post ago.

How many second round QB picks make 'quality pro bowl seasons every year'.  ONE.  Drew Brees.  That's it.  You're saying if he doesnt live up Drew freaking Brees he's overdrafted. You're being silly. Please stop.

Dude. No kidding.  I dont think the vast majority of QB's on their 5th game should be 'trusted' in a shoot out.  And Carson Wentz in particular regularly sucked at shootouts if I recall. 
I hate the “him” (meaning Hurts) in a shootout. It just bothers me. 

The last few years I didn’t trust the TEAM in a shootout cause the TEAM sucked. Yes, it’s just a single game but I already feel like I trust this team in a shootout more than any in the last couple years. 

Deamon said:
haha yep.  Then next week against Dallas it will be "Dallas has an awful Defence:.... and then against the Chiefs it will be "I got inside info that they didn't get a good sleep last night, so that' why Hurts looked okay".

Dallas defense does suck. KC isn't a terrible Defense but they also aren't the top of the heap Defense. I just think Hurts might be putting up numbers against KC because we'll be down by 3 scores by HT so KC will just give them all the underneath stuff. 

Users who are viewing this thread