What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (18 Viewers)

Of that group, if Howie and Daboll have the same agents you’d have to think they’ve essentially done all their work on him right?
I really liked Smith, oh well.  But hey, I also wanted Gase back in the day, so there's that.

Really like Bienemey and Daboll both.  Daboll is heavily rumoured to the Chargers though.

I really liked Smith, oh well.  But hey, I also wanted Gase back in the day, so there's that.

Really like Bienemey and Daboll both.  Daboll is heavily rumoured to the Chargers though.
Agree, we really have no idea who’s going to turn out to be a good HC, it’s so hard to predict.  Daboll feels like their most likely target though.  It’s time to break from the Andy tree.

Agree, we really have no idea who’s going to turn out to be a good HC, it’s so hard to predict.  Daboll feels like their most likely target though.  It’s time to break from the Andy tree.
Our most likely target or the Chargers'? 

I feel like another KC assistant is boring, but Doug did bring us a title and Mahomes is on record saying anyone who doesn't hire Bienemey is insane.  I want Daboll though.

Our most likely target or the Chargers'? 

I feel like another KC assistant is boring, but Doug did bring us a title and Mahomes is on record saying anyone who doesn't hire Bienemey is insane.  I want Daboll though.
Ours.  Don’t know about the Chargers but he’d make sense for them too.  I feel like it’s risky to wait for Bienemey.  They can’t talk to him now until after the Chiefs are eliminated, their other preferred candidates might be gone by them.  If Bienemey doesn’t blow them away in an interview, or if he talks to Doug for 5 minutes and decides to pass based on that, then they’ll be telling us Duce is the guy they wanted all along.

I feel like Duce will end up being the guy. If they do plan on doing a rebuild, some prominent OCs might turn that down knowing they could be fired in 3 years. Duce could add Head Coach to the resume, knows the organization and has the respect of the players. Plus from what everyone says, he's a great teacher. Makes sense for the short term. 

I feel like Duce will end up being the guy. If they do plan on doing a rebuild, some prominent OCs might turn that down knowing they could be fired in 3 years. Duce could add Head Coach to the resume, knows the organization and has the respect of the players. Plus from what everyone says, he's a great teacher. Makes sense for the short term. 
no.

Would have been done by now if that was the case

Would have been done by now if that was the case
Nah. I'm not saying he's their first choice. I feel like they'll do the interviews with Daboll, Bieniemy etc and then won't want to pay them what it takes to get them here and settle on Duce for the interim.

We'll all hem and haw about how he wasn't the first guy they wanted but then he ends up doing a decent job stabilizing the team and growing the young players. Maybe even goes on a run. Then in 3-4 years when they're out of cap hell and ready to buy again, they cut him loose (provided he's had 3 mediocre seasons) and go get a hot name. 

Not saying this is the best approach. Just what I think will happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah. I'm not saying he's their first choice. I feel like they'll do the interviews with Daboll, Bieniemy etc and then won't want to pay them what it takes to get them here and settle on Duce for the interim.

We'll all hem and haw about how he wasn't the first guy they wanted but then he ends up doing a decent job stabilizing the team and growing the young players. Maybe even goes on a run. Then in 3-4 years when they're out of cap hell and ready to buy again, they cut him loose (provided he's had 3 mediocre seasons) and go get a hot name. 

Not saying this is the best approach. Just what I think will happen.
It apparently needs to make sense to the uninformed lay people before it could possibly be true :lmao:

Has doug?
Honestly I can’t recall if he did or not. 

He at least held reputable positions though being a QB coach and an OC under a great coach. Duce doesn’t even have a better resume than Stoutland or Fipp and I don’t think they’ve received any HC recognition. 

This feels like one of those normal Philly things where we take our scrappy little underdog and over rate the hell out of him when half the country doesn’t know he even exists. 

I honestly can’t see you guys ending up with Daboll. He’s been heavily rumored to the Chargers, and no offense but that’s just a much more attractive position right now due to Herbert. 
That leaves Bienemy and Brady of the most talked about candidates. For whatever reason Bienemy seems to be having a tough go of it. Some chatter that he didn’t interview well last hiring cycle. Could this possibly be combined with concern about Reid doing all the heavy lifting there? No doubt he has the talent in KC to make it look easy. From an outsider (I’m a Skins fan) the Howie-Lurie dynamic looks like it would be a concern for an incoming coach. As a Skins fan, I’m unfortunately all too familiar with the palace intrigue of front office shenanigans. That might be a tough sell to some candidates, but I think you guys would do well with either. If it was my team I’d probably roll the dice with Brady, as I’d rather be a year early than a year late on him. He’s young, but so was McVay. Fortune favors the bold and he’s been on a meteoric rise.

Chargers, Eagles, and Texans are the remaining teams with HC vacancy.

So that leaves Bienemey, Daboll or Brady I suppose
Well if you go to HOU you may have to accept possible having to trade Watson now too. How much does someone want to deal with that. Might be hard. Eagles and Chargers are definitely better destinations right now IMHO. 

Well if you go to HOU you may have to accept possible having to trade Watson now too. How much does someone want to deal with that. Might be hard. Eagles and Chargers are definitely better destinations right now IMHO. 
I don't think Watson is going anywhere. He was just upset no one asked him what he thought on a new GM. He's said he wants Bieniemy. If they go get him, I'm sure he'd be fine. 

Except that if Watson is traded then you will acquire a massive haul of picks. Rumors are a couple or more of firsts. I think an incoming coach would be salivating at the cache young talent he would get. 

I don't think Watson is going anywhere. He was just upset no one asked him what he thought on a new GM. He's said he wants Bieniemy. If they go get him, I'm sure he'd be fine. 
Depends it sounds like a last ditched effort to salvage the relationship there. 

I honestly can’t see you guys ending up with Daboll. He’s been heavily rumored to the Chargers, and no offense but that’s just a much more attractive position right now due to Herbert. 
That leaves Bienemy and Brady of the most talked about candidates. For whatever reason Bienemy seems to be having a tough go of it. Some chatter that he didn’t interview well last hiring cycle. Could this possibly be combined with concern about Reid doing all the heavy lifting there? No doubt he has the talent in KC to make it look easy. From an outsider (I’m a Skins fan) the Howie-Lurie dynamic looks like it would be a concern for an incoming coach. As a Skins fan, I’m unfortunately all too familiar with the palace intrigue of front office shenanigans. That might be a tough sell to some candidates, but I think you guys would do well with either. If it was my team I’d probably roll the dice with Brady, as I’d rather be a year early than a year late on him. He’s young, but so was McVay. Fortune favors the bold and he’s been on a meteoric rise.
Maybe pay up for him if you want him?  I agree he's the best looking guy there

Except that if Watson is traded then you will acquire a massive haul of picks. Rumors are a couple or more of firsts. I think an incoming coach would be salivating at the cache young talent he would get. 
Houston to me is way more enticing with Watson there then going through getting a Cache of Young Talent. You are literally going to now be searching for a QB with no guaranteed the guy you get is even half as good as Watson was for you either. 

Report: Eagles to interview Rams DC Brandon Staley for vacant HC job

Doug Pederson reportedly drawing interest for the Seahawks’ offensive coordinator job
I can see that for Doug. I think he'll do better just being an OC for awhile. He can perfect his offense without having to do HC things like managing egos, doing press conferences, answering to the owner and GM. He can just focus on offense.

Staley seems pretty intriguing:

- Young (38)
- Former LB and secondary coach
- Known for making it hard for QBs with aggressive pass rush, hybrid personnel, and coverage variations

He beat lymphoma 14 years ago. Hard not to root for him.

Brandon Staley, who has met w/Jets and Chargers (and possibly Lions to come) would bring a very strong staff of rising coaches, I'm told, including Texans DC Anthony Weaver, Colts DB coach Jonathan Gannon (great work with that secondary) and Bears DL coach Jay Rodgers (former QB)

Texans coaching candidate Brandon Staley a master of disguises

Inside Carson Wentz’s turbulent season and the forces behind his regression

Key takeaways:
- Press Taylor was atrocious for Wentz, and any idea of bringing him back in 2021 was asinine.
- The OL was absolutely furious with Wentz' lack of timing, so much that one asked for QB change.
No one comes out looking good there. I don't think there is any choice but to try to fix Wentz, but it's going to come down to whether Taylor didn't coach him hard enough or if Wentz just refuses to be coached or be held accountable.

No one comes out looking good there. I don't think there is any choice but to try to fix Wentz, but it's going to come down to whether Taylor didn't coach him hard enough or if Wentz just refuses to be coached or be held accountable.
100%. I’m a believer in where there’s smoke there’s fire and this stubborn stuff has been talked about for a long time now. If he doesn’t correct it this year he has to go. With Doug done there’s no excuses for him now. 

Inside Carson Wentz’s turbulent season and the forces behind his regression

Key takeaways:
- Press Taylor was atrocious for Wentz, and any idea of bringing him back in 2021 was asinine.
- The OL was absolutely furious with Wentz' lack of timing, so much that one asked for QB change.
I think with the right HC and QB coach Press could've done well with Wentz. The issue is when you don't have those pieces around. There's definitely mixed opinions on Press however it seems more his coaching style doesn't fit with Wentz. I fully expect this guy to go elsewhere and within 3 yrs we're all gonna be saying we should've kept this guy. Just got that gut feeling. 

You got to take anything Jeff McLane with a huge grain of salt. Is there truth to Wentz being Stubborn? Absolutely but McLane will sugar coat story for with unnamed sources and other dressing to dress it up as a bigger story than is. Som one already pointed to a tweet with Quotes from Brandon Graham saying Wentz took accountability a few days before being benched. That kind of goes against what McLane reported. 

I think with the right HC and QB coach Press could've done well with Wentz. The issue is when you don't have those pieces around. There's definitely mixed opinions on Press however it seems more his coaching style doesn't fit with Wentz. I fully expect this guy to go elsewhere and within 3 yrs we're all gonna be saying we should've kept this guy. Just got that gut feeling. 
I honestly don’t know what he does well or what he does bad. I usually gauge how good Coach is depending upon how much they get out of that position versus what they have. In his case the players at his position seemed to get worse. There also seem to be no interest for him at all around the league. Those two things are pretty telling in my opinion.

Look at Doug for instance, he’s three years removed from winning a Super Bowl and he has only had one phone call about being an office of coordinator. Not a single interview for a head coach at all. That’s pretty telling. 

You got to take anything Jeff McLane with a huge grain of salt.
Correct. He 100% embellishes things and has done so for years. He’s been called out by a few coaches, Howie, the team and even ends up in issues with other writers. I think it was Chip who referred to him as a tabloid journalist. I’m sure there’s some truth but he’s that guy from the Wire in the press room lol

And I’m happy that I haven’t read that Wentz has been involved in these searches for the head coach either. With these reports of him clashing with coaches he doesn’t deserve that opportunity. Get some one in here that’s gonna demand more form him ala Flipp 

Staley seems pretty intriguing:

- Young (38)
- Former LB and secondary coach
- Known for making it hard for QBs with aggressive pass rush, hybrid personnel, and coverage variations

He beat lymphoma 14 years ago. Hard not to root for him.

Brandon Staley, who has met w/Jets and Chargers (and possibly Lions to come) would bring a very strong staff of rising coaches, I'm told, including Texans DC Anthony Weaver, Colts DB coach Jonathan Gannon (great work with that secondary) and Bears DL coach Jay Rodgers (former QB)

Texans coaching candidate Brandon Staley a master of disguises
Hmmm would be interesting.  Almost stopped reading after "Staley seems intriguing" until I realized you meant Brandon lol

Correct. He 100% embellishes things and has done so for years. He’s been called out by a few coaches, Howie, the team and even ends up in issues with other writers. I think it was Chip who referred to him as a tabloid journalist. I’m sure there’s some truth but he’s that guy from the Wire in the press room lol
McLane isn't liked by anyone not sure why Les hashed things out with him. Inky seems to keep him on because they are a dying paper looking for hot takes. Jeff's that guy at work who bullies everyone and has his head up the boss's rear end constantly. Always telling on your co workers. But the minute he gets called out on his BS he plays the victim and runs to the boss. For whatever reason the boss thinks he's great when he's not though. 

Users who are viewing this thread