What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (6 Viewers)

Bengals already have Reiff and Jonah Williams, taking Slater that high just some seems like a reach to me, they can probably get someone like Eichenberg or Mayfield in the second round if they want OT depth.
If you thought that Slater could be an impact player like Quenton Nelson now and possibly play tackle would you take him if Sewell is gone? I don't feel this way about Slater but I have read that many love him

If you thought that Slater could be an impact player like Quenton Nelson now and possibly play tackle would you take him if Sewell is gone? I don't feel this way about Slater but I have read that many love him
I think that Chase & Jalen Mayfield > Slater and Toney

Who is going to trade up to #6 with the top 4 QB's already off the board?
I think it's safe to say that the top three will be 3 QBs.  After that ATL...then CIN.  ATL might take Lance.  I don't know if they'd lock into him. CIN wouldn't need another QB.  That would have put PHI at 6; in front of CAR/DEN.  Is it a stretch to sit on 6....let ATL pick and then field offers from teams looking at Lance?  Some mocks now are having NE moving up to take Jones at 9. Teams get more anxious the night of the draft...and PHI at worst standing pat would have been fine.

I think if PHI stayed pat until draft night...the worst they would have ended up with was one of the two top non QB players in the Draft along with their 1st round pick next year and maybe the Colts 1st round pick.

Now they're looking at the 8th best non-QB in the draft their 1st round pick; maybe the Coltd 1st rounder and the Dolphins 1st rounder. While a top 8 non-QB talent isn't nothing to sneeze at....they punted on "ELITE" and settled for "OUR DRAFT GUYS WILL PICK THE RIGHT GUY"

They sold the prize hog before it got fat.  

I think it's safe to say that the top three will be 3 QBs.  After that ATL...then CIN.  ATL might take Lance.  I don't know if they'd lock into him. CIN wouldn't need another QB.  That would have put PHI at 6; in front of CAR/DEN.  Is it a stretch to sit on 6....let ATL pick and then field offers from teams looking at Lance?  Some mocks now are having NE moving up to take Jones at 9. Teams get more anxious the night of the draft...and PHI at worst standing pat would have been fine.

I think if PHI stayed pat until draft night...the worst they would have ended up with was one of the two top non QB players in the Draft along with their 1st round pick next year and maybe the Colts 1st round pick.

Now they're looking at the 8th best non-QB in the draft their 1st round pick; maybe the Coltd 1st rounder and the Dolphins 1st rounder. While a top 8 non-QB talent isn't nothing to sneeze at....they punted on "ELITE" and settled for "OUR DRAFT GUYS WILL PICK THE RIGHT GUY"

They sold the prize hog before it got fat.  
Unless the goal is putting a package together for Wilson or Watson. Then they just added a lot of ammo. You can say 6 is a better piece but GMs like that headline that says "Got 3 1sts for X player". 

Unless the goal is putting a package together for Wilson or Watson. Then they just added a lot of ammo. You can say 6 is a better piece but GMs like that headline that says "Got 3 1sts for X player". 
They mentioned this on the radio too and if that's the case it has to be Watson.  We don't have enough to get Wilson to want to deal with a rebuild.  Watson is 25 and great.  I'd give them 12 and 2 of next years for him

It DOES lock us into Hurts for this year, which I'm not as excited about, but at least we'll know.
this is the restraining factor for this year and i don't hate the situation now. may even like these moves come March next year. I can't think of a scenario where we're competing for a SB this season. we have to see what Hurts is, even if that becomes obvious week 2 in the bad sense, so this year is kind of a lost season anyway. on the other hand if he somehow shows he can be the guy, even if not a top 10 kind of a guy, then we just picked up another pick next year to build around him. for this reason i don't hate the flacco signing either since it's only one year. in a lost season, we could do worse, i think. don't quote me on that last part, i'm not a fan of this guy at all.

I get it.....and I'm not hugely disagree with it.  I think  though A) I'm not REALLY trusting Howie at this point to make a more "nuanced" 12 pick than a more slam dunk 6th pick (they were joking on Ike's show today about Waddle will be sitting there at 12...and they'll go Bateman)   B) by doing this pre-draft...he's setting himself up to look the fool.  If Lance doesn't go 4...or Jones climbs more into the Top 10.....I'm half expecting MIA to trade out of that slot and down again and C) while you shouldn't care what other teams do (and this point is way down the list) you know if NYG or DAL gets a shot at (particularly) Chase or Pitts.....and he's a thorn in the Birds side for 10 years.... it will never NOT be discussed by PHI fandom.  You think Mamula over Sapp was bad....this will be worse.  

They should trade down to later in the first if they can - if Eagles are set on a receiver this is a ridiculously deep receiver draft (again, understanding that Eagles fans believe the GM can’t pick a receiver to save his life).

Keep accumulating picks to rebuild an aging roster with a ton of holes. 

OK, which one is the stud? I'm not convinced which WR is in this draft is the 'stud'.
If we were to draft Waddle or Smith (or Surtain) I'd be happy.

More then likely we'll take a DE though - Rousseau maybe?  But there is plenty of talent. I dont see a huge dropoff in 8-12. Yea, if we coulda gotten Chase it would be sweet. There's no guarantee of that.

They should trade down to later in the first if they can - if Eagles are set on a receiver this is a ridiculously deep receiver draft (again, understanding that Eagles fans believe the GM can’t pick a receiver to save his life).

Keep accumulating picks to rebuild an aging roster with a ton of holes. 
I would trade down again if the deal was right

I still think waddle or smith could fall to us

No way on surtain, Pitts, or chase

Not now 

This trade was a LOCK we were going after a QB 
Everyone saying they liked Zach Wilson but it was too much to move up. This confirms what I reported in January the team hasn't been sold on Hurts and the Hurts fans shouldn't get too comfy with him at QB1 just yet. From who I talked to today, the team really loved Zach Wilson but just didn't have the assets to get a trade done without destroying what was left. I started to look at whos there at #12 now and I want to throw up now. Only good thing is for now we got 2 1sts next year but with our luck MIA will be a very good team next year and make the playoffs 

I've heard people think he's too small to play Tackle and if he was bigger and could he have a lot more value right now 

They mentioned this on the radio too and if that's the case it has to be Watson.  We don't have enough to get Wilson to want to deal with a rebuild.  Watson is 25 and great.  I'd give them 12 and 2 of next years for him
I don't think Watson is playing another down in the NFL for a very long time. Way too much smoke and every victim in this has a very similar story as the other. All I'll say is it's not looking good for Watson and this thing won't be cleared up by the draft. Gonna last until start of the season. 

You would think signing goadert is high on the to do list
Yes I would hope so. One of the things fans and talking heads weren't mentioning or ignoring when saying how "We don't need Pitts we got Goadert" is he is in his contract year. Looking at the guys who have been paid big money this year and last year outside of Hunter Henry Goadert has far outplayed any of them. At the same time if Goardert is too rich for your blood at the very least the Eagles could get away with allowing Goadert walk and still have a #1 in Pitts. However unless some miracle happens Resigning Goadert should become a very high top priority to keep beyond next year now. 

i know there is not really any love for Howie in here, and i certainly think he warrants it. But have to give him some credit for thisL

Seth Walder @SethWalder

11h

The expected cumulative value of the picks the Eagles received are worth about 50% more than what the Dolphins got back, assuming the No. 17 overall pick for the future first and without discounting value of future picks, according to ESPN's draft pick valuations based on AV.

Obviously that is only part of the equation, the more important part is picking the right player. I can't get on Howie for the Dillard pick because almost everybody was praising him at that time for it. It looked good. As for the WR picks, i am very intrigued how they look this year with Hurts and seeing if they develop better than they have. 

So still not a Howie guy, but i think he isn't the worst GM out there. maybe close to top 1/2, more likely top 2/3

Yes, but a guy who is described as a maybe OT and probably OG is not somebody I’d touch in the 1st.
dont be such a size queen, I felt the same way as you before watching him, he looks like a more polished Jonah Wiliams.  Slater can absolutely play left tackle, or any other position on the offensive line for that matter.  You're getting like a 5 in 1 OLmen, 

i know there is not really any love for Howie in here, and i certainly think he warrants it. But have to give him some credit for thisL

Seth Walder @SethWalder

11h

The expected cumulative value of the picks the Eagles received are worth about 50% more than what the Dolphins got back, assuming the No. 17 overall pick for the future first and without discounting value of future picks, according to ESPN's draft pick valuations based on AV.

Obviously that is only part of the equation, the more important part is picking the right player. I can't get on Howie for the Dillard pick because almost everybody was praising him at that time for it. It looked good. As for the WR picks, i am very intrigued how they look this year with Hurts and seeing if they develop better than they have. 

So still not a Howie guy, but i think he isn't the worst GM out there. maybe close to top 1/2, more likely top 2/3
Miami got the better end of the SF trade based on value, but overpaid Philly to move up 6 slots. If Tua doesn't improve, there is a chance Miami will tank with Tua. Philly fans will experience what Miami fans did in 2019, hoping for Steeler losses, and in 2020, celebrating every loss by the Texans. 

I suppose Pitts is off the table, but one of the WR big 4 will be there for sure.  Hopefully they don't get cute with the pick.

Just be ready guys and buckle up. We're drafting Mac Jones now watch. Would be such an Eagles move especially if they were dead set on a QB in the 1st they pass by a once in a Gen TE and a Top WR just to get a QB because the alienated their previous all pro and drafted a guy almost 80% of the org doesn't believe in to lead this team. 

Just be ready guys and buckle up. We're drafting Mac Jones now watch. Would be such an Eagles move especially if they were dead set on a QB in the 1st they pass by a once in a Gen TE and a Top WR just to get a QB because the alienated their previous all pro and drafted a guy almost 80% of the org doesn't believe in to lead this team. 
More than likely the league will do the Eagles a favor and all 4 QBs will be gone by #12.

I wouldn't hate it tbh.
I wouldn't either but going from drafting a Chase/Pitts to Mac Jones is pretty down on the list. Not sure I could live with it unless Mac becomes a future HOF QB knowing if both those guys succeed we could've drafted them instead 

Getting the best qb in the draft at 12 is a good move

Well, I always said I would give up pretty much anything for a Super Bowl. I guess now I get to live through the consequences.....it was worth it. 
That's what I've been telling my buddies. All these years they were cursing the Eagles for not going all in during the Andy Era for a Super Bowl. Well, ya did it and now you're paying for it after robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I'm not saying they were wrong, I'd do it 100% of the time. You just have to live with the consequences. 

Users who are viewing this thread