What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (5 Viewers)

I agree.  I don't think Chase will, but I could easily see one Waddle, Smith, or Bateman being there at 12 and they should take one of them.
My gut instinct says Smith will be there at 12.

Dallas won't take a WR. Probably not the Giants either after paying Golliday that godawful contract. Denver has holes everywhere, but WR probably isn't a priority unless Chase falls, same goes for Carolina.

The more I look at things, the only team I can absolutely see taking a WR is Detroit. 

Dallas won't take a WR. Probably not the Giants either after paying Golliday that godawful contract. Denver has holes everywhere, but WR probably isn't a priority unless Chase falls, same goes for Carolina.

The more I look at things, the only team I can absolutely see taking a WR is Detroit. 
And they probably shouldn't.   Not that early

Not with their track record

And they probably shouldn't.   Not that early

Not with their track record
I don't disagree. 

I haven't done much research on the o-line players in this draft, but I'd absolutely look there first. LB and CB are also positions that could yield good value 

Smith (or Waddle) being there at 12 may also depend on a team below not trading up. I'm thinking of the Cardinals wanting an upgrade over Kirk. Unlikely, since there is also Bateman,  and the Moores in the 2nd round.

I don't disagree. 

I haven't done much research on the o-line players in this draft, but I'd absolutely look there first. LB and CB are also positions that could yield good value 
Slater and Vera-Tucker are 2 of my favorite OL in the first round. Slightly limited in some respects physically but highly talented and positional versatility 

i also think Howie and Lurie have set this up completely to draft a QB next year if Hurts doesn't shine. With likely 3 1st round picks next year, and you figure if Hurts doesn't pan out you are drafting top 16, the Eagles can jump up to top 3-5.

So seems pretty clear Hurts is getting a 1-year rehearsal. No pressure Jalen, just playing for your NFL career this year

i also think Howie and Lurie have set this up completely to draft a QB next year if Hurts doesn't shine. With likely 3 1st round picks next year, and you figure if Hurts doesn't pan out you are drafting top 16, the Eagles can jump up to top 3-5.

So seems pretty clear Hurts is getting a 1-year rehearsal. No pressure Jalen, just playing for your NFL career this year
The problem is that next year is a down year for college QBs

Too hard to say that a year out.  Joe Burrow and Zach Wilson both came out of nowhere to become elite prospects in one year.  It might turn out that way, but you can't say so at this point.

Howie is good at trading, but I hope he doesn't get to make next year's picks.

Slater and Vera-Tucker are 2 of my favorite OL in the first round. Slightly limited in some respects physically but highly talented and positional versatility 
I did some reading up on the subject after what I posted yesterday. Slater does look intriguing. Dude literally plays every position and, with the injury bug that always seems to hit their line, would be invaluable. 

I did some reading up on the subject after what I posted yesterday. Slater does look intriguing. Dude literally plays every position and, with the injury bug that always seems to hit their line, would be invaluable. 
Yes but is he Jack of all trades, master of none? I don't want to pick a versatile guy at the top of the 1st round. That's the guy your hoping to find and develop in the 4th or 5th. In the first you want a plug and play tackle that's good to go for at least 5 years. 

Yes but is he Jack of all trades, master of none? I don't want to pick a versatile guy at the top of the 1st round. That's the guy your hoping to find and develop in the 4th or 5th. In the first you want a plug and play tackle that's good to go for at least 5 years. 
At OT, he shut down Chase Young in 2019. A guy that could potentially play at an all pro level at both OT or OG is invaluable as @Deranged Hermitsaid. AVT is similar but a level below.

What do you all think about this strategy.  At 12, take either Surtain or Horn if one of them is there.  Then in the 2nd, if Farley drops due to injury concerns, take a flyer on him.  

What do you all think about this strategy.  At 12, take either Surtain or Horn if one of them is there.  Then in the 2nd, if Farley drops due to injury concerns, take a flyer on him.  
Don’t have an issue with Surtain or Horn at 12 but I’d be more inclined to do a small cost trade up from 37 to get Trevor Mohrig. 

Don’t have an issue with Surtain or Horn at 12 but I’d be more inclined to do a small cost trade up from 37 to get Trevor Mohrig. 
I'd be good with that.  They need some youth and upside on the back end of that defense.  I'm inclined to pass on WR in the first two rounds though.        

I get it. To me he looks like a RT that you can plug in at guard. Apparently he's well thought of, he's usually the 2nd lineman off the board.

“Mosher: are you convinced that Jalen Hurts is the starting QB going into the 2021 season?
Caplan: No. 
Mosher: I’m convinced he’s the lead candidate right now.
Caplan: It’s definitely better than 50%, but I’m not willing to go 100%, I’m not even willing to go to 80%.

Caplan said Jaycee Horn is the clear CB1 after talking to sources. 

Mosher says he doesn’t think the Eagles take Smith or Waddle at 12 unless Horn, Surtain, Paye, and Slater are all gone.“

Yes and he’s not a tackle at this level let alone “pro bowl caliber” at tackle. He’s strictly a guard, same with Tucker as well and neither are a Quenton Nelson type. Seamolu didn’t play poorly and Herbig did a great job behind Brooks  

At this point I don’t care who they get at 12 or what position, they just have to be a star sooner rather than later. 

I get it. To me he looks like a RT that you can plug in at guard. Apparently he's well thought of, he's usually the 2nd lineman off the board.
Tackles his size just don’t make it in the league. If he gets heavier they can play him at guard but Herbig got phenomenal reviews for his play last year as well 

“Mosher: are you convinced that Jalen Hurts is the starting QB going into the 2021 season?
Caplan: No. 
Mosher: I’m convinced he’s the lead candidate right now.
Caplan: It’s definitely better than 50%, but I’m not willing to go 100%, I’m not even willing to go to 80%.

Caplan said Jaycee Horn is the clear CB1 after talking to sources. 

Mosher says he doesn’t think the Eagles take Smith or Waddle at 12 unless Horn, Surtain, Paye, and Slater are all gone.“
I'm almost certain one of those 4 will still be there at 12.  

I want Horn or Surtain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snotbubbles said:
I'm almost certain one of those 4 will still be there at 12.  

I want Horn or Surtain.
Im gradually moving more and more to a "I don't care who they pick it just better be a star soon" position.  Whoever it is I just want them on the field from day 1 and contributing on more than special teams. 

If they get Horn or Surtain and combo that with a Bateman/Toney/ Marshall that could even be sweet.  We REALLY need to have 3 legit contributors from this draft, ones that can be here 5+ years.  Be nice to get a starting CB, WR and DL, Lber or safety

modogg said:

Yeah I truly Believe what they said in wanting to run a 2 QB offense similar to the Saints but have Hurts just in case Wentz got injured. The team was ill prepared to replace Wentz as it wasn't something that came up at the time. Hurts was never drafted TO BE THE GUY and from what I've heard earlier this year from people, Les Bowen's comment tweet on Mort's report on Jalen and their actions wanting Zach Wilson everything points to right now if there isn't anyone else the Eagles are in love with QB wise this year and they take, Hurts is getting 1 year to say he can be it and prove ALOT OF PEOPLE wrong 

JetMaxx said:
Hate statements like this. Fully half of top picks don't truly shine until their last year in college. Plenty of Sophomores who were role players will be Junior studs and leave college a year early for the pros. It's IMPOSSIBLE to predict this a year ahead of time, and to do so after a shortened messed up year like we just had is....well.....ludicrous TBH.

Hate statements like this. Fully half of top picks don't truly shine until their last year in college. Plenty of Sophomores who were role players will be Junior studs and leave college a year early for the pros. It's IMPOSSIBLE to predict this a year ahead of time, and to do so after a shortened messed up year like we just had is....well.....ludicrous TBH.
Correct and just a quick glance at a 2022 mock shows 5 QB’s going in the top 10.

What is the Over/Under on Miami getting an even bigger haul than they gave up to Philly when they move down again on Draft Day? When one of the QBs left over is still sitting there at 6? Carolina, Denver, Chicago...If the Bears wanted to part with a couple 1st and then give us 20-52 their picks this year, fine by me. I like the back side of the 1st Round a lot more than the top-10 right now. 

What is the Over/Under on Miami getting an even bigger haul than they gave up to Philly when they move down again on Draft Day? When one of the QBs left over is still sitting there at 6? Carolina, Denver, Chicago...If the Bears wanted to part with a couple 1st and then give us 20-52 their picks this year, fine by me. I like the back side of the 1st Round a lot more than the top-10 right now. 
haha this might be the biggest stretch of making a post "Philly related" that I've seen :P

Everyone keeps saying Philly should have waited till draft night to get a bigger haul but the leverage is t as strong as people think. There's 10 minutes to make a decision. The other teams know that too. They can call the bluff and say, look this is what we're paying. You're going to stay put and have to pick someone higher than you want or take what we're offering now?

I think Howie's going to get clowned out on Draft Night, when MIA pulls a Sonny Weaver and moves down a spot or two and gets a bunch of picks. 

Everyone keeps saying Philly should have waited till draft night to get a bigger haul but the leverage is t as strong as people think. There's 10 minutes to make a decision. The other teams know that too. They can call the bluff and say, look this is what we're paying. You're going to stay put and have to pick someone higher than you want or take what we're offering now?
There's also the possibility you're at 6, and the first 5 picks were 4 QBs and the non-QB player you were targeting. So there's no demand to trade for your pick and you have to take someone at 6 that is interchangeable with whoever you would have taken at 12. 

For what they got back from the Dolphins, I think it was enough to make it worth taking the "bird in the hand" approach, if they were set on trading back. 

There's also the possibility you're at 6, and the first 5 picks were 4 QBs and the non-QB player you were targeting. So there's no demand to trade for your pick and you have to take someone at 6 that is interchangeable with whoever you would have taken at 12. 

For what they got back from the Dolphins, I think it was enough to make it worth taking the "bird in the hand" approach, if they were set on trading back. 
Exactly. It's not like they got hosed. They got a future first and moved up a round on a later pick this year. Going by the value chart, Eagles win on value. Add in that they've calculated that one of the guys they like should fall to 12 and it seems prudent to take the known instead of waiting for the unknown.

Unless Tua improves alot and Flores can work magic again with the defense, the Dolphin 2022 first rounder could easily be top 10. They overperformed in 2020 and the teams in the Division improved through free agency and the draft. The Dolphins should've given up the 49ers first round pick, or stayed put.

#NotYetSoldOnTua

Yep. If we're still this bad/dysfunctional in 10 years, then I'll start really fretting again. 
I’m still not mad at the Phillies yet if I’m being honest. Does it suck? Sure but those memories are forever. The main issue I have with both teams and their decline is just how unexpected it was. I was sure the Phillies would get another one and I was sure Wentz would get one too. They way they fell apart was so unexpected IMO

Unless Tua improves alot and Flores can work magic again with the defense, the Dolphin 2022 first rounder could easily be top 10. They overperformed in 2020 and the teams in the Division improved through free agency and the draft. The Dolphins should've given up the 49ers first round pick, or stayed put.

#NotYetSoldOnTua
It’s a coin flip to me. That pick can be 25’ish just as easy as it can be top 10. Tua was coming off of a major injury, tossed in without an offseason etc. He should be healthier and better this year and that division is still very, very weak. 

It’s a coin flip to me. That pick can be 25’ish just as easy as it can be top 10. Tua was coming off of a major injury, tossed in without an offseason etc. He should be healthier and better this year and that division is still very, very weak. 
Home: Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Baltimore Ravens

Road: Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Las Vegas Raiders

17th game (location TBD): New York Giants

Here's their opponents.  They went 3-3 in the division last season.  I see a 7 win season at worst.  Probably looking at a pick between 15 and 20.  Eagles could have three picks in the top 25.  If done right, could be a fast rebuild.

NFL officially approved a 17-game schedule today. Eagles will play at the Jets this season. 

2021 opponents:

Home: Cowboys, Giants, WFT, Chiefs, Chargers, Saints, 49ers, Buccaneers.

Away: Cowboys, Giants, WFT, Falcons, Panthers, Broncos, Lions, Raiders, Jets.

NFL officially approved a 17-game schedule today. Eagles will play at the Jets this season. 

2021 opponents:

Home: Cowboys, Giants, WFT, Chiefs, Chargers, Saints, 49ers, Buccaneers.

Away: Cowboys, Giants, WFT, Falcons, Panthers, Broncos, Lions, Raiders, Jets.
Still hoping that Raiders game is later in the year when travel restrictions have eased and it is safe to travel.  Been planning on going to that game with about 15 buddies for the last 3 years or so.

Still hoping that Raiders game is later in the year when travel restrictions have eased and it is safe to travel.  Been planning on going to that game with about 15 buddies for the last 3 years or so.
Many teams already announced or said they expect to have sold out stadiums for the season.  Looks like the deaths and hospitalizations have declined a whole lot too.  Fingers crossed this trend continues

Weak? Was there a re-alignment I missed?

Many teams already announced or said they expect to have sold out stadiums for the season.  Looks like the deaths and hospitalizations have declined a whole lot too.  Fingers crossed this trend continues
Everyone was worried about Texas opening up but it's been 2 weeks and things are fine. By the fall we should hopefully be back to business as usual. 

That's a whole different conversation. 
If everyone will just go get their shots maybe we can get back to normal.  A lot won’t though for one reason or another.  Frankly I don’t care as long as my family does the right thing and gets vaccinated.  If people choose to risk their lives, have at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread