What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (3 Viewers)

If everyone will just go get their shots maybe we can get back to normal.  A lot won’t though for one reason or another.  Frankly I don’t care as long as my family does the right thing and gets vaccinated.  If people choose to risk their lives, have at it.
Can't force people to take a shot they literally have no idea the side effects of. 

Almost every mock now has us with Waddle, Smith, Horn, or Surtain.  Would be pretty happy with any of these 4 guys.  If Mac Jones isn't our guy, than WR or CB it is.
I'm fully on give me Mac Jones train now honestly. I know I was kidding about it but Mac just wasn't a top 10 QB in this draft. Doesn't mean he's not talented but right now he's not top 10 talent wise to be picked. He's more athletic then people think and I think he can turn out better than Justin Fields who has a lot of throwing consistency issues there. Fields on his good day can look amazing but it's when he's off he looks like he shouldn't be playing football at least QB. 

*Memories of Sidney Jones trigger DJax10*
Yeah please no more guys who were first rounders that have a serious injury taking them in the 2n My issue with Jones was more of spot picked and well he kept getting hurt Just couldn't afford the luxury of making that risk at that pick. Juju, Kamara and Godwin all would look great in Eagles green right now 

I’m still not mad at the Phillies yet if I’m being honest. Does it suck? Sure but those memories are forever. The main issue I have with both teams and their decline is just how unexpected it was. I was sure the Phillies would get another one and I was sure Wentz would get one too. They way they fell apart was so unexpected IMO
When I was on the Phillies board myself and another poster were the only ones pounding drum of concern after Amaro took over. So many bad contracts, depleted the farm system for band aids on huge needs, keeping star players clearly in decline too long and not trading them when they should. We were pounding the drum on the decline for so long people just stopped listening to us till it got more and more noticeable.

I didn't expect the Eagles to fall flat but they could've stopped it by not ignoring their big needs and getting rid of players they should've. Thanks Alshon for 2017 but you need to go either trade or cut. Sorry JP we love ya but goodbye among other players needing to be let go and brining in more youth and surrounding Carson with better players. Jim Schwartz? Thanks for 2017 but dude your defenses are avg at best time to go. We need a real OC boys not 50 Chefs in the kitchen. Eagles decline could've been prevented and wasn't. The Phillies was a lot of Amaro's own doing. Had a WS team and kept tinkering with it like the fantasy football manager who has a great team but can't win because he keeps making move after move hoping to hit the big one and get one over on someone. Eventually it becomes too much especially if you are in a keeper/dynasty and you need to do a rebuild 

Still hoping that Raiders game is later in the year when travel restrictions have eased and it is safe to travel.  Been planning on going to that game with about 15 buddies for the last 3 years or so.
Wouldn't mind a quick Vegas trip either with someone. Any idea on ticket prices yet for them? 

Wouldn't mind a quick Vegas trip either with someone. Any idea on ticket prices yet for them? 
No clue.  Just have a bunch of Eagles fans that want to go down for that game with me, and some from Oregon that will meet us there.  Gonna be a big party and fun time, but again... all of this depends on how the situation is then.  September will be unlikely borders open... December too cold.  Oct/Nov would be good.

Many teams already announced or said they expect to have sold out stadiums for the season.  Looks like the deaths and hospitalizations have declined a whole lot too.  Fingers crossed this trend continues
Cases are going up again in certain areas like Texas and FL and NJ as well. I have a wedding on May 23rd (Dad's Best Friend's Son who is a week younger then me and we are great friends) in NJ to go too near New Hope, PA (to give ya an idea where I am) and my dad is a bit concerned me going not being vaccinated yet despite me being an essential worker.  I'm hoping by my birthday mid June it's opened up more and my brothers and I can celebrate some birthdays properly. Thinking since my brother whos birthday is in May is already vaccinated we'd do a double birthday celebration possible. 

Everyone was worried about Texas opening up but it's been 2 weeks and things are fine. By the fall we should hopefully be back to business as usual. 
Problem with that argument is we won't know how bad or good it is for Texas in another week or two. Texas isn't FL with spring breakers where MIA county had to set a curfew of 8PM for Spring break down there do to cases going up. 

Problem with that argument is we won't know how bad or good it is for Texas in another week or two. Texas isn't FL with spring breakers where MIA county had to set a curfew of 8PM for Spring break down there do to cases going up. 
They set a curfew because kids were trashing restaurants and stores. They weren't even calling it a protest. They were just destroying stuff. 

JohnnyU said:
If everyone will just go get their shots maybe we can get back to normal.  A lot won’t though for one reason or another.  Frankly I don’t care as long as my family does the right thing and gets vaccinated.  If people choose to risk their lives, have at it.
Agree also someone needs to teach these young kids they aren't immune to this. One of the biggest offenders of spreading it is kids not socially distancing partying etc. Neighbor across the street from me in the last 3 weeks with some nice weather in the area has had a few people over non socially distanced or wearing mask. Went out last Saturday want to say for a quick errand saw a few kids outside with their kids. By the time I came home there were about 8 kids no social distancing or masks and a balloon bounce out. If I'm a parent last place I want to be is somewhere like that. I have a mom immune compromised from Breast cancer 3 yrs ago who got it pretty bad (Fortunately not hospital ridden but bad enough) and I have a really good friend I help who's daughter is or has been battling Cancer so she's immune compromised as well. You aren't vaccinated I'm not going to be around you for the most part and if I was a parent your kids aren't vaccinated your little Johnny aint playing with my kids. I'm not some kind of SJW but know way too many people who have been selfish and ignorant. Working in a grocery store you see it daily 

Insein said:
They set a curfew because kids were trashing restaurants and stores. They weren't even calling it a protest. They were just destroying stuff. 
Not from what I read and from my cousin who works for the Heat from Coworkers down there they said a lot of it was because MIA had cases rising do to kids not wearing masks or social distancing. Mia was warning people not to come down for spring break too. They started trashing places after they were told not to do certain things. Some restaurants and places down there following the guidelines despite what the state said and thats the restaurants call if they want to continue them or bar. 

Gotcha. That's not really near New Hope. NJ's pretty small area-wise so our idea of "near" may be a little different from people from elsewhere. 

Anyway, I used to live in the Trenton/Princeton area so that's why I was curious. 
My dad lived in NJ most of his life in Wennoah Township. He's the one who said it's close to New Hope 

DJackson10 said:
I guess you’ve never been to Texas? Bro, South Padre Island, Port A, Galveston, Corpus Christi, are just a few beaches that are PACKED every year on Spring Break. When you have colleges like UT, A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, Houston- our beaches get crazy. Lol

Deamon said:
No clue.  Just have a bunch of Eagles fans that want to go down for that game with me, and some from Oregon that will meet us there.  Gonna be a big party and fun time, but again... all of this depends on how the situation is then.  September will be unlikely borders open... December too cold.  Oct/Nov would be good.
Just got my second shot and I'll be at the game, just a matter of who's coming with me.  Depending on covid situation and timing, may go with wife and friends and do the regular Vegas things or with my wife and kids and show them around Vegas a bit but then check out the touristy area parks / hiking / dams / canyons, etc.

I guess you’ve never been to Texas? Bro, South Padre Island, Port A, Galveston, Corpus Christi, are just a few beaches that are PACKED every year on Spring Break. When you have colleges like UT, A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, Houston- our beaches get crazy. Lol
Lets be fair though here on the East Coast Texas isn't known for Spring break and beaches as most of us see Florida and the Carolina's as destinations with some people affording the Caribbean 

So Pitts ran a 4.40 and Chase ran a 4.38 today. Whoever we get at #12 better hope they become a future HOFer if these two became the real deal or the #12 pick is never gonna have a chance in this city. 

We do group trips with people like Green Legion or Phans of Philly.  Did Green Legion for a trip to Nashville two years ago.  Their packages include: flight, hotel, game tickets, tailgate party and parties each night at different locations.  Did a Phans of Philly trip to Vegas for the Flyers they do the same thing.  It was nice.  The tickets in the packages are nose bleed though.

Summer Wheat said:
Yes..I think Philly is going to miss out on  future stars in Chase and Pitts.
I mean I'm kinda biased being a Florida fan but I've been banging the drum on Pitts for at least 2 yrs. I was banging the drum pretty good on Justin Jefferson as well. I was extactic the year we drafted Cox too. 

Snotbubbles said:
We do group trips with people like Green Legion or Phans of Philly.  Did Green Legion for a trip to Nashville two years ago.  Their packages include: flight, hotel, game tickets, tailgate party and parties each night at different locations.  Did a Phans of Philly trip to Vegas for the Flyers they do the same thing.  It was nice.  The tickets in the packages are nose bleed though.
Yeah I don't think I mind nose bleed sec, as for me it's about the atmosphere and experience itself. 

Saw this on Twitter today, can’t remember who was asking but wanted to pass it along:

The 3rd round pick (#84) acquired from the Colts in the Wentz trade has a value of 170 points, according to the draft value chart.

If a player the Eagles like drops, 12 + 84 (1,370 points) is enough to trade with DEN (pick 9, 1300 points), just ahead of the Cowboys and NYG.

Saw this on Twitter today, can’t remember who was asking but wanted to pass it along:

The 3rd round pick (#84) acquired from the Colts in the Wentz trade has a value of 170 points, according to the draft value chart.

If a player the Eagles like drops, 12 + 84 (1,370 points) is enough to trade with DEN (pick 9, 1300 points), just ahead of the Cowboys and NYG.
I could see us doing that for horn or surtain

Summer Wheat said:
Tough to disagree but at 12 they still get an impact player and adding another 1 to the stash for next year is going to prove highly valuable 

Summer Wheat said:
On the highlight film, Smith seems to get more separation than Chase. PFF has Smith at historic separation metrics. Smith, if he falls to Philly, is also a likely future star with the current no contact after 5 yard rules.  Miami could take Smith if Pitts and Chase go #4, #5.

SoBeDad said:
On the highlight film, Smith seems to get more separation than Chase. PFF has Smith at historic separation metrics. Smith, if he falls to Philly, is also a likely future star with the current no contact after 5 yard rules.  Miami could take Smith if Pitts and Chase go #4, #5.
And it didn’t matter who was covering him as well. Stingley will be one of, if not the, first CB’s taken next year and Smith did excellent against him. Chase, Smith and Waddle are all going to be great. 

SoBeDad said:
Sadly, I'm not sure any WR is a likely future star on our team.

Users who are viewing this thread