What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (2 Viewers)

what about terrance marshall WR from LSU at 12?  this is assuming waddle, smith, chase, pitts are gone.

i would also think horn and surtain gone too

what about terrance marshall WR from LSU at 12?  this is assuming waddle, smith, chase, pitts are gone.

i would also think horn and surtain gone too
Assuming Lawrence, Fields, Wilson and Lance are all selected in the top ten, I would rather have Parsons, Sewell or Slater at 12.  I'm not reaching for the 4th WR there.

With all the assumptions made, one of Parsons, Sewell or Slater will be there at 12.  I'll take any of those guys over Marshall who might be available with our 2nd round round pick.  
Forget Sewell for sure. If 4 QBs are taken before 12, one of Waddle or Slater should be there. If 5 QBs are taken, Parsons night also be there at 12.

Forget Sewell for sure. If 4 QBs are taken before 12, one of Waddle or Slater should be there. If 5 QBs are taken, Parsons night also be there at 12.
One of Waddle or Slater WILL be there if 4 QB's are taken.  I think 5 are taken but let's conservatively say 4.

Lawrence
Wilson
Mac/Lance/Fields (2 of these will go)
Sewell
Chase
Smith
Waddle
Pitts
Surtain
Horn
Parsons

Which of these guys are we not happy with picking at pick 12?

One of Waddle or Slater WILL be there if 4 QB's are taken.  I think 5 are taken but let's conservatively say 4.

Lawrence
Wilson
Sewell
Chase
Smith
Waddle
Pitts
Surtain
Horn
Parsons

Which of these guys are we not happy with picking at pick 12?
i like your order.

not a fan of slater at 12.

• Smile
Reactions: Ash
haha wasn't really an order, just listing by position.

Slater isn't in my list there.  Which of those 12 guys I listed would you NOT want at 12?  One of them has to be there.
i like them all.  I dont think we would ever draft parsons though

i like them all.  I dont think we would ever draft parsons though
Ya I don't think we take Parsons.   I'm just really hoping he gets taken before 12.  I think we're going to have our choice of Horn or Smith.  Some random is going to slip into the top 11 that no one had there.  Maybe even the 5th QB. 

Travis Fulgham had the nicest stretch of production we have seen in years and was sent to the bench for his effort.   Part of the reason doug was fired I would think.
Too much loyalty to older players but thats not just on Doug either. Blame Howie for extending an Alshon and Lurie signing off on the move. Bringing JP back as well 

Assuming Lawrence, Fields, Wilson and Lance are all selected in the top ten, I would rather have Parsons, Sewell or Slater at 12.  I'm not reaching for the 4th WR there.
I'm calling it now but I think CAR takes Parson's to finally replace LK and the whole they are looking for a QB in the first is a smoke screen. 

With the 12th pick, Eagles select... Freddie Mitchell, I mean Kaydorius Toney. 
I'd do back flips. Give me Toney anyway. He can literally do it all as a WR in terms of skill wise. Not a huge burst but a tremendous playmaker. Fredex was a great Slot guy for what he was here but Toney is a way better playmaker. He's a bigger Percy Harvin 

Reuben Frank talked about this in his recent 10 fact about Jordan Maliatta and Andre Dillard competition for LT. 

His reasons to give Dillard a chance is

1st rounder 

Had some good reps rookie year in 3 different games

still young

Here's my issue with the 1st reason. I think there were at least 2-3 better LTs that draft. Another issue is I've heard from sources is AD has attitude issues. this is more when he was moved to RT he didn't take too kindly and "slacked off", wasn't motivated, etc. I don't know if maybe with a new coaching staff that will change especially with Jeff Stoutland (Who I love btw we kept) still here. I think Jordan has played well enough to earn the spot and Dillard has to do a lot to even get the spot back. I'm hoping maybe we draft another T or 2 and some team that is expected to compete this season loses their guy for the year, gets desperate and wants Dillard from us. I honestly wouldn't let him go for anything less than a Comp 3rd that can become a 2nd with individual and team performance bonus. 

So, the Jets/Panthers trade means:

• Carolina is definitely not taking a QB at 8
  • If we wind up with a 2nd rounder for Wentz, we'll have gotten slightly more for Wentz than the Jets got for Darnold 

So, the Jets/Panthers trade means:

• Carolina is definitely not taking a QB at 8
  • If we wind up with a 2nd rounder for Wentz, we'll have gotten slightly more for Wentz than the Jets got for Darnold 
Given the contract of Wentz, I don't think it's that bad if we got the same for Wentz as they did for Darnold.  Darnold had no weapons, no coach, no RB.  Tanny did well without him.  I think he succeeds in Carolina, and also think we get a 1st for Wentz.

Carolina trade shakes things up a bit.  Sure they could go Parsons, but I think a stud WR would be huge for them too.

JAX Lawrence
NYJ Wilson
SF Fields/Mac/Lance
ATL Sewell
CIN Chase
MIA Pitts
DET Fields/Mac/Lance
CAR Waddle
DEN Fields/Mac/Lance
DAL Surtain
NYG Holt/Smith
PHI Holt/Smith

I like it!

Carolina trade shakes things up a bit.  Sure they could go Parsons, but I think a stud WR would be huge for them too.

JAX Lawrence
NYJ Wilson
SF Fields/Mac/Lance
ATL Sewell
CIN Chase
MIA Pitts
DET Fields/Mac/Lance
CAR Waddle
DEN Fields/Mac/Lance
DAL Surtain
NYG Holt/Smith
PHI Holt/Smith

I like it!
Good list..A couple random thoughts:

The top CBs usually go earlier than anticipated. I’d be surprised if either Horn and Surtain are still there at 12. 

I wouldn’t dismiss the fact that franchises like to replicate past success and dominance at a position. IMO that puts Parsons strongly into play for CAR coming off a decade of Keuchly. 

Rumors of maturity issues with Sewell. It may be one of those things that if, and it’s a huge if, he slides to 12 I’d be scared to death to take him because that means the concerns are real. I know other players in the past have worked through similar draft day concerns but can we really afford another risky pick with that label??

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the contract of Wentz, I don't think it's that bad if we got the same for Wentz as they did for Darnold.  Darnold had no weapons, no coach, no RB.  Tanny did well without him.  I think he succeeds in Carolina, and also think we get a 1st for Wentz.
How do we get a 1st for Wentz again? Performance based right?

JAX Lawrence
NYJ Wilson
SF Fields/Mac/Lance
ATL Sewell
CIN Chase
MIA Pitts
DET Fields/Mac/Lance
CAR Waddle
DEN Fields/Mac/Lance
DAL Surtain
NYG Holt/Smith
PHI Holt/Smith

I like it!
Wouldn't be shocked if MIA took Waddle/Smith to pair with Tua again. I can see Carolina taking Parsons. If Pitts falls wouldn't be shocked to see Dal take him but they need help in the Secondary big time NYG needs a lot. 

He has to play 75% of the snaps or 70% if Indy makes the playoffs.
Thanks I get confused at times because numerous sites and writers and such talk like it's a forgone conclusion we get the 1st. No one barely event mentions the parameters of trade. 

With Carolina getting Darnold, I'm wondering if they could trade down a bit to recoup some picks. Perhaps, if Fields drops as has been rumored , Philly could trade back up? Not sure the actual cost (looking at the calculator it's only a 3rd, but there might be multiple teams trying to move up) but it would be worth looking at it.

They can't all be gone.

4 QBs
3 WRs
1 TE
2 CB
1 LB
1 OL

Can't all be gone before 12.  And don't even suggest that NEITHER Lance nor Mac Jones is taken top 11.
No they can't, but if "1 LB" is the one that's left, I will be 😢

Very few LBs impact the passing game enough to be value there.  Parsons is only viable at #12 if he's talented enough and will be used in a way that will allow him to produce Willie T type production, 10+ sacks / INTs combined.  If not, then pass. 

Darrisaw would be my next pick I think, over Parsons.  If you take an OT there, you need to have a deal lined up for Mailata or he'll leave as a FA at the end of the season, for maybe a 4th rnd comp pick.  I think you could get maybe a 2 or at least a 3 for him.

The other route is to look at Paye or Phillips at Edge.

I really like what Philly has done here. They need those extra picks to rebuild this team and as people have mentioned here, there will be really good options at 12. Rashawn Slater or a top 2 CB are likely there for them.  

Very few LBs impact the passing game enough to be value there.  Parsons is only viable at #12 if he's talented enough and will be used in a way that will allow him to produce Willie T type production, 10+ sacks / INTs combined.  If not, then pass. 

Darrisaw would be my next pick I think, over Parsons.  If you take an OT there, you need to have a deal lined up for Mailata or he'll leave as a FA at the end of the season, for maybe a 4th rnd comp pick.  I think you could get maybe a 2 or at least a 3 for him.

Evaluators seeing how TB LBs David and White controlled Kelce & KC might put more emphasis on the position 

Evaluators seeing how TB LBs David and White controlled Kelce & KC might put more emphasis on the position 
My counter to that is how many games a year will you be playing a TE capable of doing anything close to what Kelce can do? 

My counter to that is how many games a year will you be playing a TE capable of doing anything close to what Kelce can do? 
My counter to that is it’s a matchup driven league and nothing creates more mismatches than a dominant TE. The only way you stop it is with LBs that don’t switch out at the sight of 12 personnel 

My counter to that is it’s a matchup driven league and nothing creates more mismatches than a dominant TE. The only way you stop it is with LBs that don’t switch out at the sight of 12 personnel 
Sure, I'm just not really sold that he is so great in coverage. I think he is better at blitzing on passing downs than he is in coverage. I see too much that hints at Jarrad Davis for him. Big and explosive but not always sure where to go. I still a defense is likely getting a better edge adding a CB or Edge than a LB. 

My counter is: for how many years has the opposing TE totally decimated the Eagles defense. For as long as I can remember,  the Eagles just get torn up in the intermediate routes.

My counter is: for how many years has the opposing TE totally decimated the Eagles defense. For as long as I can remember,  the Eagles just get torn up in the intermediate routes.
Fair but I would rather get beat on intermediate routes in the middle of the field than deep routes down field (not that Philly has always been good at stopping that either). I would fix the CB issue or add a pass rusher before I worry about a TE to cover Blake Jarwin on a 6 yard curl. 

There's some validity to that, but if that's the takeaway from the Superbowl, I'd say the lack of pass protection for KC had a bigger impact than LB coverage on Kelce.

Fair but I would rather get beat on intermediate routes in the middle of the field than deep routes down field (not that Philly has always been good at stopping that either). I would fix the CB issue or add a pass rusher before I worry about a TE to cover Blake Jarwin on a 6 yard curl. 
Well, supposedly Slay would cover the best wr at least. They do badly need help in that secondary though, I obviously agree there.

I honestly think they just need help up and down the roster. I would rank the need as OL, CB, LB. I take the best player from one of those positions and go from there.

Well, supposedly Slay would cover the best wr at least. They do badly need help in that secondary though, I obviously agree there.

I honestly think they just need help up and down the roster. I would rank the need as OL, CB, LB. I take the best player from one of those positions and go from there.
There isn't a single DB on the team I *expect* to still be around in 2022, so I could see them loading up there if the draft falls the right way. LB is obviously a need and DL is a sneaky need too.  BG is getting on and probably needs to transition to a Michael Bennett type role if he keeps playing and Cox is getting paid elite money but hasn't played that way consistently since 2018.  That can't continue long.

I could easily see them loading up on young defenders and maybe only making 2 or 3 picks on Offense this year.  

There isn't a single DB on the team I *expect* to still be around in 2022, so I could see them loading up there if the draft falls the right way. LB is obviously a need and DL is a sneaky need too.  BG is getting on and probably needs to transition to a Michael Bennett type role if he keeps playing and Cox is getting paid elite money but hasn't played that way consistently since 2018.  That can't continue long.

I could easily see them loading up on young defenders and maybe only making 2 or 3 picks on Offense this year.  
I agree about hitting defense hard. They are old and, frankly,  overpaid. That being said, their offensive line is awful. The qb,whomever that may be, needs time to do something,  anything. They were getting murdered last year.

I agree about hitting defense hard. They are old and, frankly,  overpaid. That being said, their offensive line is awful. The qb,whomever that may be, needs time to do something,  anything. They were getting murdered last year.
They were, but the trouble is they are stuck at least for this year and maybe 2 at some of those spots because of money.  Lane Johnson has missed 13 games over the last 2 years but is too expensive to even consider moving on from.  He's still good when he plays but the outlook for a 30yo with his injury history isn't promising.  

Brooks also has to be retained at least for this year.  Kelce is still around for 2021 but fading a bit and Seumalo is fine.  I think Mailata showed enough to go into this year as the LT (unless they draft one in the 1st)

Herbig looks like a competent reserve and I think may develop some better mobility and be more able to make 2nd level blocks if he drops some bad weight.

Jack Driscoll played surprisingly well, but got hurt every time he did play.  They do need more options there though, especially in the interior 3.  I have a feeling Johnson's extension might be the next one we're complaining about though, if he continues to have durability issues.

I think I am at the point where the QB is so important that teams should be doing everything they can to build an OLINE and skilled group of pass catchers so they can have clarity when they do add a QB. The two worst things that can happen for a team are they draft a talented QB and waste him by not giving him the offense he needs to be successful. The next worse is drafting a bad QB and going back to him for multiple seasons because of the thought that "it's not his fault, we just need to get him some weapons and improve the line." 

Ash said:

We just need good, young talent.  If that's at LB, CB or wherever, take the BPA.  

With Carolina getting Darnold, I'm wondering if they could trade down a bit to recoup some picks. Perhaps, if Fields drops as has been rumored , Philly could trade back up? Not sure the actual cost (looking at the calculator it's only a 3rd, but there might be multiple teams trying to move up) but it would be worth looking at it.
I want them to stay as far away from Fields as possible. 

If Dal or NYG get Pitts we are screwed. I hope Dal goes Defense like they should and Engram seems to have blackmail on the GM or someone inside the Org because any other team he's probably gone already. 

Users who are viewing this thread