What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (5 Viewers)

That's the worst part. Guess we'll find out if it was Doug or Howie on that. If we see Howard getting 10+ carries a game with Sanders suffering because of it, we'll know its Howie. 
They’re both awful at what they do. Kind of goes double for Howie though. When you’re bad at what you do and a control freak your finger prints are on damn near everything 

Last edited by a moderator:
If Justin Fields falls to 1.07, would you give up the 2022 1st from Miami to Detroit to move up and draft Fields? I could see Fields falling if SF drafts Mac Jones, followed by Pitts, Sewell and Chase to ATL, CIN and MIA. 

I don't think Fields was expected to even be available at 1.06 when the Eagles made the trade with Miami, as most though experts assumed SF would take Fields.

If Justin Fields falls to 1.07, would you give up the 2022 1st from Miami to Detroit to move up and draft Fields? I could see Fields falling if SF drafts Mac Jones, followed by Pitts, Sewell and Chase to ATL, CIN and MIA. 

I don't think Fields was expected to even be available at 1.06 when the Eagles made the trade with Miami, as most though experts assumed SF would take Fields.
It seems like Zach Wilson was the non-Lawrence QB the Eagles were interested in at the top of the draft. I think if they really thought Lance, Fields or Jones were top-tier QBs they would have stayed at 6 to see if the one they liked fell to them, or to stay in striking distance to trade up. So Fields being there at 7 probably doesn't change anything. 

I wouldn't touch Fields with a 100 Foot pole. There's consistency issues with him, he has issues reading defenses, he really is taken off his game when he gets blitzed a ton, Plus McAfee wasn't wrong on the work ethic issues claim. I know the virtue Signalers went after for it but I asked around and theres a consensus that yeah Field was one of the big players to come out wanting to play but it wasn't because he wanted to play as much as he was more worried about his draft stock AKA Money slipping down the board. Plus you got the whole OSU QBs in the NFL lack of success. I've even heard scouts say do to his inconsistency issues they could see guys like Mac Jones and Kyle Trask have more successful careers as well. 

It seems like Zach Wilson was the non-Lawrence QB the Eagles were interested in at the top of the draft. I think if they really thought Lance, Fields or Jones were top-tier QBs they would have stayed at 6 to see if the one they liked fell to them, or to stay in striking distance to trade up. So Fields being there at 7 probably doesn't change anything. 
Reports are the guy they wanted was Jones I thought and that’s who SF is taking I believe. That was like a week ago though so who knows. 

Reports are the guy they wanted was Jones I thought and that’s who SF is taking I believe. That was like a week ago though so who knows. 
Personally I trust anonymous sources in reporting more than I trust pre-draft chatter about what team is drafting what player. Its all a smokescreen. No team is leaking their draft strategy.

:2cents:

Personally I trust anonymous sources in reporting more than I trust pre-draft chatter about what team is drafting what player. Its all a smokescreen. No team is leaking their draft strategy.

:2cents:
I don’t even necessarily trust any of them, however, in SF’s case there is zero reason to provide a smoke screen. They gave a good amount to get there presumably with the knowledge of who’s going 1 and 2. Their beats seem to believe it’s for Jones IIRC 

Obviously, he would need to be cleared of everything before a trade happened (which I don't see happening) and can only hope they're just preparing for that possibility of getting a young, top QB who was wrongly accused (again, I don't think that's the case). That being said, the fact that this was made public is embarrassing. Of course, who knows if any of this is even true and who is leaking the information.

Obviously, he would need to be cleared of everything before a trade happened (which I don't see happening) and can only hope they're just preparing for that possibility of getting a young, top QB who was wrongly accused (again, I don't think that's the case). That being said, the fact that this was made public is embarrassing. Of course, who knows if any of this is even true and who is leaking the information.
It’s because after the trade back to 12 there is NOTHING to get the clicks. This is why. 

He has a better chance at jail and never playing again than he does of being traded to us at the moment. 

It’s because after the trade back to 12 there is NOTHING to get the clicks. This is why. 

He has a better chance at jail and never playing again than he does of being traded to us at the moment. 
The stories are from the Houston Chronicle, CBS Sports, and the Texans Daily. I doubt any of those care that the Eagles moved back and now need to generate clicks.

I also don't necessarily believe the rumors. Teams and agents leak stuff all the time.

The stories are from the Houston Chronicle, CBS Sports, and the Texans Daily. I doubt any of those care that the Eagles moved back and now need to generate clicks.

I also don't necessarily believe the rumors. Teams and agents leak stuff all the time.
It’s not just specific to us. Most of those rumors were nearly a month ago and a lot changed since. What hasn’t changed is that it’s slow and rumors like these generate traffic as much in Houston as they do here. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ash
It’s not just specific to us. Most of those rumors were nearly a month ago and a lot changed since. What hasn’t changed is that it’s slow and rumors like these generate traffic as much in Houston as they do here. 
Exactly.  I would have been all over this trade when Watson was a disgruntled young star with a desire to leave a badly run organisation.

Now that he’s a creepy AF serial predator, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nope.  I'm all for us taking a first round QB if one falls into our lap somehow, but no way would I want to trade UP for one.

At this point, I really want Surtain or Horn.  I doubt both will still be there at 12 - but I really hope one is, and we take whichever one we can.

At this point, I really want Surtain or Horn.  I doubt both will still be there at 12 - but I really hope one is, and we take whichever one we can.
I'm Meh anymore on the draft. With pick 6 I was hoping for Pitts/Chase/Smith and now at 12 I really ain't jumping up and down at the prospects and just hope someone falls to us and Dal and NYG are dumb and pass on them. Personally Unless SF is taking Mac Jones if he's there at 12 I'm hoping the Eagles are running to the podium with his name on the card at this point. 

A lot of buzz today about getting back into the top 10, but not for any specific player/position. Not sure I believe we'll be able to go from 12 to 7 for only a 3rd, or even just a 2nd, after everyone saw Miami give up a 1st to go from 12 to 6. But maybe the leverage is (or will be) different :shrug:

A lot of buzz today about getting back into the top 10, but not for any specific player/position. Not sure I believe we'll be able to go from 12 to 7 for only a 3rd, or even just a 2nd, after everyone saw Miami give up a 1st to go from 12 to 6. But maybe the leverage is (or will be) different :shrug:
If they could (miraculously) pull that off without giving up a 1st, this would (partially) restore (a tiny bit) of faith back in Howie for everyone (except need2know)

If they wanted to move into the top 10 they should've just stayed at 6 and played their cards when they get there. Or had a deal in  place with a team on if said circumstances happened a trade would be accepted 

If they could (miraculously) pull that off without giving up a 1st, this would (partially) restore (a tiny bit) of faith back in Howie for everyone (except need2know)
I'm gonna have to know who the player is we traded up for though. If it's someone we could've gotten at 12 anyway it's still a bad move no matter what was given up

@RobMaaddi

I’ve been saying Howie Roseman’s close relationship with #Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie gives him unique job security but I was told there’s more pressure on the GM now than ever before.

I'm gonna have to know who the player is we traded up for though. If it's someone we could've gotten at 12 anyway it's still a bad move no matter what was given up
Not sure how we would know that...

My guess is if they trade up again, it's because they have their eye on one of the CB's in particular, and they want to go ahead of Dallas to grab him.  

I'm fine with staying at 12 tho, there's enough talent to get a great player there.  I've seen some with Surtain higher, some with Horn higher.  Some like Smith, some like Waddle. Personally I'm happy with any and enjoy the extra 1st rounder next year.

My guess is if they trade up again, it's because they have their eye on one of the CB's in particular, and they want to go ahead of Dallas to grab him.  

I'm fine with staying at 12 tho, there's enough talent to get a great player there.  I've seen some with Surtain higher, some with Horn higher.  Some like Smith, some like Waddle. Personally I'm happy with any and enjoy the extra 1st rounder next year.
Talk of moving up is for Waddle

With 11 picks in the draft, if Howie can move up without giving up any of the First Rounders for next year (including the conditional Wentz pick)....more power to him.  I think though I'd rather use those 2nd and 3rd round picks to try and move up into the back of the 1st this year if someone slides and just take the BPA at 12....seeing as there's more than likely going to be a high level player at a position of need (OL/WR/CB/DE) at 12.  

My worst case scenario for staying at #12 is that 4QBs go, the 3 WRs, Pitts, Sewell and the 2 CBs are gone.

I’d take Farley in a second if the medical is OK, but I don’t trust this team to make that call, so 🤷‍♂️

I can absolutely see us taking an underwhelming DL or a G and hear Howie’s press conference: “We’re building from the long term, so it’s not critical he starts from day 1 and as you know, it’s all about winning the line of scrimmage.”

Leading WR (most receptions regular season) for past 21 Super Bowl champions by round:
1st - 6
2nd - 5
3rd - 2
4th - 0
5th - 1
6th - 0
7th - 5 
8th - 1
UFA - 1

My worst case scenario for staying at #12 is that 4QBs go, the 3 WRs, Pitts, Sewell and the 2 CBs are gone.

I’d take Farley in a second if the medical is OK, but I don’t trust this team to make that call, so 🤷‍♂️

I can absolutely see us taking an underwhelming DL or a G and hear Howie’s press conference: “We’re building from the long term, so it’s not critical he starts from day 1 and as you know, it’s all about winning the line of scrimmage.”
Yeah that’s a nightmare scenario right there. If that happens I’d think they go with an edge guy or Moehrig. I think Moehrig may actually be an option at 12 anyway. 

More so it depends on the player they trade up for. If its someone they could've waited for and had at 12 I wouldn't be happy bringing up 

With 11 picks in the draft, if Howie can move up without giving up any of the First Rounders for next year (including the conditional Wentz pick)....more power to him.  I think though I'd rather use those 2nd and 3rd round picks to try and move up into the back of the 1st this year if someone slides and just take the BPA at 12....seeing as there's more than likely going to be a high level player at a position of need (OL/WR/CB/DE) at 12.  
Banner was on twitter saying MIA overpaid to move up so he could see the Eagles moving up with giving away 12 and a 3rd or 4th 

Waddle and reagor would be nuts

We would be set for years 
I ❤️ Waddle. While he gets blasted for hobbling out there in the FBS championship game it tells me he’s baller. With skills off the charts. Although each draft stands on its own merit regarding value, I give him a higher grade than Ruggs who was picked 12th overall last year.

With his speed, passing game productivity, return game threat and a clear passion to compete IMO his comp is somewhere between Djax and Tyreek.  

I ❤️ Waddle. While he gets blasted for hobbling out there in the FBS championship game it tells me he’s baller. With skills off the charts. Although each draft stands on its own merit regarding value, I give him a higher grade than Ruggs who was picked 12th overall last year.

With his speed, passing game productivity, return game threat and a clear passion to compete IMO his comp is somewhere between Djax and Tyreek.  
Yeah he's better than smith.  Which says alot

Insein said:
They could accidentally take Micah Parsons and get a stud at LB for a change.
Unless he makes impact plays in the pass game, just don't think it moves the needle much compared to the alternatives.  

Unless he makes impact plays in the pass game, just don't think it moves the needle much compared to the alternatives.  
Having an athletic freak at LB would be an immense upgrade over everything we've had in the last 10 years. 

Yeah I like Jabril Cox from LSU and scouts are saying he'd be as high ranked if not the highest ranked LB over Parsons had he not gone to a small school to start his college career. Just a really impressive player at LSU and always made himself known on almost every play 

Yep. It’s such a bad look when the guy says no one wanted him and he thought his career was over and we bring him in. It’s nearly identical to what we did with Peters last season. No one wanted him at all and we sign him and play him over Mailata 
Yeah just like with Nick Foles. That didn't work out too well.

From Peter King:

Philly’s sitting at No. 12 and did well enough in the trade with Miami that it could potentially make a short move back into the top 10 and still come out loaded with draft assets. What would it be for? I’d never totally rule out a quarterback for Philly, but I think corner is a possibility, with teams right above them having that need. And for what it’s worth, in addition to exploring a move up, the Eagles have also explored a move down.
So, if you're keeping track: we are either going to move back even more, or move back up, unless we stay put and use the pick. Got it?

Users who are viewing this thread