What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (4 Viewers)

Hypothetical question. Let’s say the top 3 are Lawrence, Wilson and Fields. If Jones or Lance are there at 12 would you trade back again if we got another Dolphins type deal?

Hypothetical question. Let’s say the top 3 are Lawrence, Wilson and Fields. If Jones or Lance are there at 12 would you trade back again if we got another Dolphins type deal?
If you could get the Patriots or Vikings to give up a 2nd maybe even Raiders, Skins, or Bears to give up a future first, then do it. Wouldn't go any lower than 20 though.

I’d only move down again if the top 3 WR and top 2 CBs are gone.  If any of them are still there, just make the pick.  Value lines up with need at those spots, but moving down again that’s probably not going to be the case.  

I think a team would probably trade up before it got to us at pick 12 for one of those guys.  If one of those guys is sliding, no way a team gives up a 1st rounder to move up a few spots to take one.

Assuming all of the above, then no I wouldn't trade back if we're only getting some 2nd round pick.... the drop off after the top 12 players is huge.

I think a team would probably trade up before it got to us at pick 12 for one of those guys.  If one of those guys is sliding, no way a team gives up a 1st rounder to move up a few spots to take one.

Assuming all of the above, then no I wouldn't trade back if we're only getting some 2nd round pick.... the drop off after the top 12 players is huge.
I'd only do a 2nd if it was Vikings or Pats. That's only dropping back to 14 or 15.

This is predicated that everyone they want is gone and they're next 3-4 guys are available. 
In this case yes I'd want to. 

We only really have 1 scenario where we are sitting at 12 stumped. It seems unlikely the top 11 will be the exact 11 players predicted. Knock on wood. 

From Peter King:

So, if you're keeping track: we are either going to move back even more, or move back up, unless we stay put and use the pick. Got it?
How bad has Peter King gotten these days? The other day he was salivating Hurts but I heard it's because he now has a source in the Hurts camp. I could be wrong but he was really lapping it up how good the decision was to trade Wentz (Literally sh***** on the guy) and heaping praise on Hurts. Saying Wentz was totally unprofessional and his behavior baffled him. Meanwhile this is the same clown who a few yrs ago was drooling over how Brady went to Kraft and demanded the team trade Jimmy G away. When Brett Favre threw his temper tantrum of GB drafting Rodgers didn't say anything negative about Favre's behavior. These days it seems like King is more of an opinion writer with an agenda then actual journalist. 

Depending what we get back Id have serious thought about it. I wouldn't move out of the top 20 and I want a very early 3rd or a 2nd this year and something next year. Also not sure how I feel about that even without knowing who we pick. I've rather take Lance or Jones myself though. Wouldn't have taken then at 6 but at 12 I would seriously consider it. 

Also Mia is apparently talking of trading back and the Cowboys are getting interest in their pick too now according to reports

Depending what we get back Id have serious thought about it. I wouldn't move out of the top 20 and I want a very early 3rd or a 2nd this year and something next year. Also not sure how I feel about that even without knowing who we pick. I've rather take Lance or Jones myself though. Wouldn't have taken then at 6 but at 12 I would seriously consider it. 

Also Mia is apparently talking of trading back and the Cowboys are getting interest in their pick too now according to reports
Dallas wants Pitts.  They really need oline though......

Insein said:
Off topic and a much heavier subject but the youtuber known as EDP445 (the fat crazy eagles fan meme guy) has allegedly been caught trying to meet up with an underage girl. 😬😬😬😬

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/youtuber-edp445-caught-allegedly-trying-to-meet-with-13-year-old-girl-1556528/?amp

So I personally won't be using his gifs and images for anything anymore. Before he was a funny representative for Eagles fans but now he's dead to me. Just figured I'd let everyone know.
Yeah, a guy I work with knows him pretty well. Said he was shocked when he heard.

Insein said:
I really want them to get Pitts. Another top tier talent they have to pay in 3-4 years that's only going to get so many touches per game. 
I get the Chase love. Perfect fit. But Pitts is a close second due to the matchup nightmare he would present in 12 personnel with Goeddert. Wish I could get past the back of mind first round TE stigma 

Last edited by a moderator:
Insein said:
I really want them to get Pitts. Another top tier talent they have to pay in 3-4 years that's only going to get so many touches per game. 
I don't. We suck at covering TEs and to have possible the next best Gen TE in our league would be a nightmare. Plus I'd feel sick since Pitts is a Philly guy through and through and huge Eagles fan. 

Insein said:
Off topic and a much heavier subject but the youtuber known as EDP445 (the fat crazy eagles fan meme guy) has allegedly been caught trying to meet up with an underage girl. 😬😬😬😬

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/youtuber-edp445-caught-allegedly-trying-to-meet-with-13-year-old-girl-1556528/?amp

So I personally won't be using his gifs and images for anything anymore. Before he was a funny representative for Eagles fans but now he's dead to me. Just figured I'd let everyone know.
I absolutely hated this guy for years. I hated Chip as much as the next guy but the dude went too far when he said he hoped the guys house burned down with him in it. I was shocked given all of Youtube's Rules and everything he broke Youtube never took his channel down. Some posters on the old Phillies board loved this guy. I just sewed him as a poor representation and stereotype of what National people view us. Glad I was right about this guy being a fraud. Not happy he seems to like underage people though. 

"FIRE HOWIE" chants broke out at the Phillies game lol hilarious
As you know I belonged to a Phillies Baseball board before coming here full time. We had a poster named Sally (That was her profile Name) and about 2 others who use to complain about Eagles chants at Phillies games and poor fan behavior. She was kind of ignorant with her statements but I explained to her the chants were because we expected more from the Phillies at the time. Also after the Phillies became good the same people she complained about as "eagle fans" were at the Phillies games. Myself a 3 others tried to explain to her these are just bandwagon fans. 

The other argument is Philly is predominately a football town. Has been since the power house days of the Penn Quakers in College football who I believe won 6 National titles. Then the Eagles came in when the Phillies were bad and the good baseball franchise the A's left fans gravitated to the Eagles and football more. 

So the fact when I saw a Howie chant break out at the Phillies game I just had to chuckle thinking about those days. 

Insein said:

A guy who used to be my neighbour was in my state’s police unit who caught these guys.  There was the odd funny story about him frantically texting his wife (a teacher) to find out if she knew anything about some cartoon that 10 year olds watch, but he said it was mostly just a combination of heartbreaking and horrifying, having to collect and review evidence.

He said they discouraged anyone from staying in that squad longer than 2 years and nobody could stomach it longer than that anyway. 

If you missed the pre-draft press conference this morning:

• Differences in scouting with this coaching staff versus last? Some carryover on defense, but spending a lot of time getting on same page with what coaching staff is looking for
  • Slater and Vera-Tucker viewed as guards or tackle? Likes their versatility, won't peg them into one or other
  • Are either 1st round grades? Won't give that away
  • Is Seumalo the future center? Very versatile and that's a good thing; will see
  • What do you plan to do with so many picks, and many in late rounds? Trying to find starters, not back ups, but can also use those picks to move around in draft
  • Thoughts on bad draft history? Proud of scouts and front office, even though it hasn't been perfect, it's an inexact science but always try to do better. This year's process is about maximizing value and finding players that fit the "program" the coaches are building
  • No combine been a challenge? Scouts went to pro days, great coverage, went to senior bowl and interviewed all 128 players, not just usual 15-20, had coaches do follow-up interviews via Zoom with prospects. No combine meant more time to spend with players because at combine you are restricted to time limits
  • What about discrepancies between scout draft board and the selections in recent years? Will have all scouts in the building next week to have open dialogue about the evaluation and how to rank them on the board
  • Did COVID last year affect the collaboration between scout evaluations and setting the draft board? The book hasn't been written on last year's draft so unable to say, but this year has been different and going to try to take advantage of that
  • Why trade back and did trade back mean Hurts is #1 QB? "Flexibility creates opportunity" and extra 1st round pick does that, as it's hard to acquire those, believe that there's 12 players with good value, felt they got a premium for the move back, needed to know who MIA was trading with and when they found out it was SF, knew that meant a QB was going off the board (My take: That meant any hopes at their preferred QB was no longer in play), but won't say it means anything for Hurts - all positions will be a competition
  • Thoughts on why WR and DB have lowest % of draft hit? Last couple year WR hit rates have improved for teams, but many times with how college teams run offenses it means 3rd or 4th best DB is on a WR and those guys aren't top-tier or future NFL players
  • How do you weigh college production versus size, speed, etc. for WR prospects? Focus on their skills and will fit into what you are trying to do with your offense, Sirianni got very excited and animated talking about WRs and how they want to use certain players based on what they see from the players (My take based on last two answers: they are moving away from Joe Douglas philosophy of emphasizing college production more than other measurables and assessments, at least for WRs.)
  • Regarding flexibility in draft with the picks, do you have a plan? Mostly planning out scenarios, trade compensation, and talking to teams now for contingencies, so already know what it will cost but some last-minute things can happen during the draft
  • What do you want most from the players you select? Talent has to be things that you know you can use them in a way to fit your offense, or if they have an outstanding talent you don't have a way to use, how do you find a way to use it as long as they have things like competitiveness, toughness, football IQ and love to play the game, they will maximize the talents they have. Have found ways to gauge their competitiveness in Zoom calls (coaches played them in rock-paper-scissors, Jeopardy, etc. and do things like trash talk to see how they react, the fire they show in things like shows a lot.)  :lmao:
  • How will no OTAs affect things? All teams mostly in the same boat, but would prefer having everyone here. Have to figure out ways to maximize the situation we are in, be creative, take some learnings from how Sirianni saw the Colts handle it last year to do that, make the meeting interactive to ensure players are engaged over Zoom
  • Are you concerned with lack of "big" WRs on roster? Can have players that aren't prototypical in different spots, e.g. can your X receiver get open and get the ball when 1 on 1, even if he doesn't look like a big/tall WR
  • What's Jeff Lurie's involvement during draft process and on draft night? Same as always been, asks questions, wants to know the why's and how's of the evaluations and draft board, but not providing his opinion, on draft night 90% of decisions are already made, he's listening to the conversations before the pick and might bring up questions but does not tell anyone what picks to make
  • Why no Alabama draft picks for years? A lot of guys on our draft board this year, and years past, and would love to have some but just hasn't happened
  • Opinion on DL players in this draft? There's some good prospects, time will tell.

Lots of news today!

• Sirianni and Howie both punted (yet again) on declaring Jalen Hurts the starting QB
  • Coaches played games like Rock, Paper, Scissors over Zoom with prospects to test their competitive fire
  • Schedule release May 12th
  • Eagles' 4th and 15 proposal to replace the onside kick is a no-go
  • Jersey number restrictions have been lifted for a bunch of positions
Interesting note on that last one: if a player not changing teams wants to change his number for 2021 he has to buy out the league's inventory of his old jersey. If a player wants to change it for 2022, they don't have to do anything other than give the league a year's notice. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of news today!

• Sirianni and Howie both punted (yet again) on declaring Jalen Hurts the starting QB
  • Coaches played games like Rock, Paper, Scissors over Zoom with prospects to test their competitive fire
  • Schedule release May 12th
  • Eagles' 4th and 15 proposal to replace the onside kick is a no-go
  • Jersey number restrictions have been lifted for a bunch of positions
Interesting note on that last one: if a player not changing teams wants to change his number for 2021 he has to buy out the league's inventory of his old jersey. If a player wants to change it for 2022, they don't have to do anything other than give the league a year's notice. 
Interesting bulleted #2 but it's innovative. I think you can learn a lot about people with things like that. 

The last one to me sounds more like we'll see most Jersey # changes after this year. Maybe a few high profile players who can afford to buyout their old #s will do so, but I see Majority changes in '22

If you missed the pre-draft press conference this morning:

• How do you weigh college production versus size, speed, etc. for WR prospects? Focus on their skills and will fit into what you are trying to do with your offense, Sirianni got very excited and animated talking about WRs and how they want to use certain players based on what they see from the players (My take based on last two answers: they are moving away from Joe Douglas philosophy of emphasizing college production more than other measurables and assessments, at least for WRs.)
This one is interesting, I read an article about how they did that a lot last year (obviously missed Jefferson, but Reagor still had good measurables) - but that they had noticeably switched to take players more due to having the certain physical requirements, especially in the jump (I'd have to dig up the numbers but I think Reagor excelled there) - thought being it translated well to short area quickness.  

Players like Barnett are good examples of the older way of drafting, and you can kind of see with him that the ceiling is just not very high...he's a fine player, but he'll never be a stud.

I think some of the top guys I am hoping for at #12 meet that standard tho (Waddle, Horn). 

Interesting bulleted #2 but it's innovative. I think you can learn a lot about people with things like that. 

The last one to me sounds more like we'll see most Jersey # changes after this year. Maybe a few high profile players who can afford to buyout their old #s will do so, but I see Majority changes in '22
Or, lots of non-star players who don't have to buy out their stock (because the NFL doesn't stock them) would be able to take a lot of the "good" new numbers this year. That might motivate the name players to bite the bullet this year to ensure they get the number they want.

babydemon90 said:
yea he's the other one, except Barnett actually is an NFL player lol
I have mixed feelings on that approach.  I do think a high floor is important in the first couple of rounds and Barnett is a good example.  His floor is probably what he is, and never developed above that but he's still a respectable starter.

Daniel Jeremiah has said on his pod a few times, Ozzie Newsome's mantra for the first 2 rounds was "hit doubles".  A high ceiling is great, but I don't want boom or bust guys early.

I have mixed feelings on that approach.  I do think a high floor is important in the first couple of rounds and Barnett is a good example.  His floor is probably what he is, and never developed above that but he's still a respectable starter.

Daniel Jeremiah has said on his pod a few times, Ozzie Newsome's mantra for the first 2 rounds was "hit doubles".  A high ceiling is great, but I don't want boom or bust guys early.
To continue the baseball analogy, I’d settle for a walk from Howie this draft.

A lot of talk of teams ahead of us willing to trade their picks. Gonna be interesting next Thursday for sure and see what was BS and smoke and mirrors and whats true. At this point I'm indifferent who we really get. I was really looking forward to Chase or bringing Kyle Pitts home as I know a few people who know them in the coaching circles HS wise in the area. 

In some pretty cool non Eagles News my Cousin who played for Council Rock, went to East Stroudsburg and was teammates with QB Jimmy Terwillinger who was on the Vikings Practice squad and former Eagles Training camp punter in 09 Ken Parrish. Council Rock became pretty big and separated to CR North and CR South. CR South FB coach remembered my cousin and got him a job coaching WRs. CR South ended up playing a game vs Former Eagles RB Josh Adams when he was a Freshman and bowling over guys (Dude was huge compared to the other players back then. 

So anyway my Cousin had a falling out with the coach and a good coaching buddy of his sent in good word to St Joes Prep which is a lot closer to me then where he use to be. He was just hired last month and with in that time has met Former alumni already Marvin Harrison JR the son of Marvin Harrison, Deander Swift, Jeremiah Trotter, and some other cool people. Both Trotter and Marvin's kids are committed to programs for 2021 Harrison JR at Ohio State and Trotter Jr to Clemson. Really cool and interested to see what future stars my cousin and company at the prep coach up next. Always had a soft spot for the prep as my 2nd cousin (refer to as my cousin do to closeness of age) went to the prep back in the day. Overall really happy for him and they play Cardinal O'Hara as a rival which is down the road for me so if the game is at COH this year I might go to that. 

Also one more OT. Jason Kelce is in a short film that was filmed in our Town. He filmed this in 2019. I knew about the movie from Kelce's Wife (Who had worked with my cousin and couldn't tell anyone till they announced the film he was in it) back then thanks to my cousin. 

Gervase Peterson who was on the first season of Survivor and from my home city of Philadelphia is in a movie called Stealing a Survivor which was basically filmed in DELCO my County. They also filmed scenes at the local Barnaby's (Restaurant) which is 5 mins down my street. Ray Martin the director lives in my Hometown currently and saw him post about the movie which is out on Amazon Prime in our community page a few weeks ago. You can buy or rent the Movie on Amazon prime. It's only like 2.99 to rent. I haven't seen it yet and it looks pretty corny but will check it out to support someone local 

More bad press for WFT: 

Alex Smith the now retired Comeback player of the year says WFT coaches patronized him. His father says the team only played him to get a cute story out of it. Smith said he out performed everyone at camp but they made him do drills that he had never done in his career before. His dad says they were hoping to break him. Knowing Coach Rivera from others I doubt this was a call he made and may have not been as aware of. A medical assistant for the team also agreed with Smith who said she agreed with the DRs to let Smith play. Rivera was fearful of SMith's safety but apparently that concern was very genuine. 

I always liked Smith and hoped he was coming here when Chip was hired. Thought he was a great bridge QB. Thought he got the sh** end of the stick in SF because the Owners the Yorks coddled Colin kaepernick and were pushing to have him start. There's a nice group backing of Smith from 49ers fans who felt the Org handled letting him go completely wrong as he was nothing but professional while there. Always liked Smith too and I don't fault him for not living up to his draft status as he was never gonna be that type of QB. Wish him the best in whatever he does. 

In some pretty cool non Eagles News my Cousin who played for Council Rock, went to East Stroudsburg and was teammates with QB Jimmy Terwillinger who was on the Vikings Practice squad and former Eagles Training camp punter in 09 Ken Parrish. Council Rock became pretty big and separated to CR North and CR South. CR South FB coach remembered my cousin and got him a job coaching WRs. CR South ended up playing a game vs Former Eagles RB Josh Adams when he was a Freshman and bowling over guys (Dude was huge compared to the other players back then. 

So anyway my Cousin had a falling out with the coach and a good coaching buddy of his sent in good word to St Joes Prep which is a lot closer to me then where he use to be. He was just hired last month and with in that time has met Former alumni already Marvin Harrison JR the son of Marvin Harrison, Deander Swift, Jeremiah Trotter, and some other cool people. Both Trotter and Marvin's kids are committed to programs for 2021 Harrison JR at Ohio State and Trotter Jr to Clemson. Really cool and interested to see what future stars my cousin and company at the prep coach up next. Always had a soft spot for the prep as my 2nd cousin (refer to as my cousin do to closeness of age) went to the prep back in the day. Overall really happy for him and they play Cardinal O'Hara as a rival which is down the road for me so if the game is at COH this year I might go to that. 
Dude, give me one reason this belongs in the Eagles thread.  It's getting really bad again.

Acho calls Sirianni a 'dumb liar'

Holy dramatic.  The Bachelor really did a number on him.
Who? oh that guy who tries to stay relevant and has fallen so far out of NFL obscurity he has to join a trash realty TV show that has had numerous issues for yrs and should have the plug pulled on it for intentionally allowing the drama they knew about before hand. 

Acho is still bitter with the Eagles and it shows every time he opens the other side of his mouth all the time. This is coming from the same guy who thought he was entitled to a starting job for the Eagles and couldn't even beat out Casey Matthews for playing time. Upon his second release from the team no team had zero interest in him. But apparently this guy knows "everything". 

big time local prep school program with local NFL players with former Eagles kids attending in the school 
Well you started the post with "In Non-Eagles news"....

That right there should tell ya it doesn't belong here.  You were being good for a while with shorter, relevant posts.  We miss that Djax.

Users who are viewing this thread