What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (4 Viewers)

Lots of people suddenly down on Devontae Smith for his size. Is he incapable of putting on pounds?
He's sliding huge.  Funny how after the CFB season people were saying he would go above Chase. 

I definitely prefer Waddle over him now.  Waddle/Surtain/Horn are my 3 dream picks at 12 now.

Lots of people suddenly down on Devontae Smith for his size. Is he incapable of putting on pounds?
This is the only thing that worries me with him, I do believe being strong helps avoid injuries aside from the  ability to get off press, deal with physical coverage and contested catches.  

The thing with him is even if he puts on 15 pounds he’s still light for a 6’ guy.  It’s easy to see looking back in 5 years on why he turned out to be just a guy and that being the reason.

That said, he’s so good I’d still take him at #12 and hope he’s a Marvin Harrison type.  He’s just riskier than Waddle IMO.

He's sliding huge.  Funny how after the CFB season people were saying he would go above Chase. 

I definitely prefer Waddle over him now.  Waddle/Surtain/Horn are my 3 dream picks at 12 now.
Besides his size a lot of scouts felt his production was do to Waddle missing time and getting more Volume then he'd have gotten had Waddle been healthy all year. 

Here's my newest hopeful top 12 mock:

JAX- Lawrence
NYJ- Wilson
SF- Lance
DEN (trade)- Fields
CIN- Sewell
MIA- Pitts
DET- Chase
CAR- Slater
ATL- Surtain
DAL- Horn
NYG- Smith
PHI- Waddle

My concern with Smith, I think he'll do very well for a team that has a QB who can throw a WR open and hit him in stride so he can avoid contact.

If he goes to a team with an inaccurate QB that make Smith have to slow up, reach back, etc.. for too many passes where he gets hit - not great.

Meaning, I don't think he'd be great here. Other places, sure.... but we'll see. I still think my dream scenario is Horn/Surtain at 12, then we hop back in the end of round 1 for the other LSU WR.

Am I the only one completely exhausted at this point? I can’t look at another mock or report or anything. This off-season feels like it took 84 years to get to the draft. 

its because last season was over for us so early....
Exactly this. We haven't played a game that mattered since before Christmas. 4 months is a long time to wait, especially since its been 4 years since we missed the playoffs. 

Let's make this draft, and all the possibilities (horrible or exciting), a little more fun by playing the "Predict what the Eagles will do in the 1st round" game. Winner gets a TBD Eagles-related prize. Here are the rules:

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:
             1. Stay at 12/Trade Up/Trade Down

2. Player they will pick with their first pick in the draft

3. Guess the # of total letters in the full first and last name of the final player the Eagles select 

• One entry per FBG
  • Entries locked in at noon EST, Thursday (no edits to entry post after that time)
  • #3 above will be used as the first tie-breaker (closest correct guess, high or low), second tie breaker will be random selection using random.org

Let's make this draft, and all the possibilities (horrible or exciting), a little more fun by playing the "Predict what the Eagles will do in the 1st round" game. Winner gets a TBD Eagles-related prize. Here are the rules:

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:

3. Guess the # of total letters in the full first and last name of the final player the Eagles select 

• One entry per FBG
  • Entries locked in at noon EST, Thursday (no edits to entry post after that time)
  • #3 above will be used as the first tie-breaker (closest correct guess, high or low), second tie breaker will be random selection using random.org
  1. Trade down
  2. Kwity Paye
  3. 12

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:

• One entry per FBG
Stay

Jaycee Horn

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:

• One entry per FBG
1. Stay

2. DeVonta Smith

3. 14

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:

• One entry per FBG
Stay

Waddle

The Noid said:

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three tay
    hings:

• One entry per FBG
1. Stay
2. Waddle
3. 13

Bigboy10182000 said:
Am I the only one completely exhausted at this point? I can’t look at another mock or report or anything. This off-season feels like it took 84 years to get to the draft. 
I like doing the mock draft where I pick my picks. I like it because I think the 3 mocks I did last year where all 10xs better then what we did, but then I get depressed knowing the actual people picking our picks won't be close to mine. If my mock from last year pops up on Facebook Memory I'll post the ones I had on here. I believe I posted them in last years thread though too. 

babydemon90 said:
I think 'people suddenly down on him', probably means teams were always down on him, and talking heads are just now getting caught up on it.
Yes it's the reverse of Kyle Pitts too. Not a lot of media talking heads had him high. People scout wise I talked too said if Trevor Lawerence wasn't in this draft they'd have no issue taking Pitts as the first overall out of everyone else. Some scouts even had Pitts ranked ahead of Lawerence saying he's a generational talent at TE who could if someone drafted him as a WR could see an argument in taking him over Chase. Once the the season went further in Pitts climbed up the public's draft boards. Now you're seeing the media rank him fairly but a lot are still underrating him. 

Leroy Hoard said:
It's like Christmas. They start the hype earlier and earlier every year. That's why it seems to take forever to get here.
They've also moved the draft back to later and later. I remember it use to be like the 2nd week of April and now sometimes it's like the first week of may. 

The Noid said:

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:

• One entry per FBG
Sounds like fun. Curious at the prize and see who comes the closes. 

1. I'll probably change this before the draft but I'll say stay at #12

2. Right now going to go with Waddle 

3. Probably some Samoan type guy so about 20 letters at the least (Do hyphens count) 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Noid said:
:lmao:  Even Big V only had 20 total letters. You're really banking on a Pacific Islander with a hyphenated mom and dad last name combo! 
Dammit I just saw you stole my joke for that.  are we counting those hyphens though? 

The Noid said:

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:

• One entry per FBG
  1. Stay at 12
  2. Smith
  3. 10

Tony Pauline, who called us picking Reagor last year, reported today that we LOVE Paye and could pick him at 12.

If we pick him over a WR or a CB I’m logging off lol

Tony Pauline, who called us picking Reagor last year, reported today that we LOVE Paye and could pick him at 12.

If we pick him over a WR or a CB I’m logging off lol
That's probably the worst option I have heard

Wtf

Not only is def line down the list of concerns, he's not worthy of a top 15 pick.    Not even close

The Noid said:

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:

• One entry per FBG
1. Stay

2. Paye

3. 14

The Noid said:

• Reply to this post
  • Indicate three things:

• One entry per FBG
Stay

Parsons

This one goes to 11.

One thought when it comes to the possible Paye selection in light of the Covid induced scouting limitations, I wonder if Howie is more inclined to trust the insight of Brandon Graham about him considering Paye played for his alma mater and the same position. I’m sure Graham can cut through the 🙂 with his contacts at UM about Paye. Once he tested well he screamed a Howie pick. 

We do need more impact at DE but I don't have faith that Paye is going to develop into that threat. 
That’s my opinion also. If there was another Bosa brother at 12, great I have no problem. I don’t think Paye is good enough. I’d rather take Slater at that point because I think he’s a better player. 

So, I have some thoughts on where the team stands that relate to the draft, I'm going to quickly make a (ignoring contract status, money etc) list of players I think are likely be solid starters by in the 2023, it's a short list.

Off: Goedert, Sanders, Seumalo

Def: Barnett, that's it.

I excluded older guys, Cox, Graham, Lane Johnson, Slay, Kelce, Brooks McLeod.  IMO, these guys won't be on the team that season, or will have declined significantly.

Players like Reagor, Hurts, Sweat, Mailata (he's close but still has too many bad plays each game.  There are great plays as well, but low variance is better for OL) haven't done quite enough to be considered certain starters at that point.

Looking at that list, it will take *at least* 2 years of solid drafting for this team to come even close to being a Top 10 roster which I think is realistically where you need to be to make a deep playoff run and compete for a Super Bowl.

Given the awful state of the team looking ahead, they really need to just take BPA at priority positions.  OL, WR, DL and CB/S.  You can throw in a LB in the 3rd or 4th if the value falls that way, a RB from the 4th onwards is not a bad idea but don't force anything based on a perceived need.  If they don't end up with a CB, fine, there's next year.  It doesn't really matter until then anyway.  Same deal with WR, if it turns out the Big 3 are gone in the first, don't force it in the 2nd.  This team needs absolutely everything, just take the best players.

That’s my opinion also. If there was another Bosa brother at 12, great I have no problem. I don’t think Paye is good enough. I’d rather take Slater at that point because I think he’s a better player. 
If they want paye trade back again.  Nobody is picking that guy in the top 20

I'm just trying to save Howie some time, he's clearly got a type. 

Though in all seriousness all 3 of those guys would be solid picks at those spots, highly doubt Phillips would fall that far though.
Not sure where Jaelan Phillips will go, UCLA doctors refused to clear him due to several concussions and he initially retired before transferring to Miami.  Big candidate for a Chris Borland style early retirement IMO, even if he doesn't get another concussion.

No idea how that plays into when he goes, but for me it would be 3rd?  Or do you just take him off the board altogether?  I'd hate to pick a guy with his history, then have him get another concussion and wind up with some kind of permanent health impact afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread