What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (14 Viewers)

Some guys just don't work out. Remember Chance Warmack? Guy was touted as the best OG prospect in a generation. Sucked in Tennessee. Got cut. Comes to Philly. Sucks here. Gets cut. It happens. 

At that rate, no. You keep him as a backup.
But a trade gets his almost $4MM over the next 2 years off your cap (cutting him does not), so if he’s just a below average backup you’re better off trading him for a bag of balls, freeing up cap and rolling with a random below average backup at a non-guaranteed, minimum salary (or use the roster spot on another position and use your PS o-line backups, if needed.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that's rough.  Not even a 6th?? :D That's some terrible ROI on a 1st rounder I'd think, but the kid just can't stay healthy.  So I see the frustration.
He's been that bad, not even an issue with his health. If he wasn't a 1st round pick I don't think he makes the team this year, and honestly doesn't deserve to no matter where he was drafted, but no way Howie cuts him, so I'm hoping for a trade for anything.

Guess we didn't care at all about this game
I was shocked to see so many starters not play.  Was that known heading into the game?

I'm not really a Hurts guy but man, he is light years ahead of the other 2

Kenny G is a player and will get a lot more reps than I expected this year.  He may end up the 2 after a couple weeks

Outside of that one snap I think Herbig looked good and played center and RG the entire game I believe

I wish the QB'ing wasnt so bad so we could see more of the WR's

Have we converted a 3rd down all pre-season?

The back up DL stinks too.  I don't think they do anything well.  Ross Tucker was trying to give some credit to MIlton Williams but he hasn't looked good at DE.  I love that they're trying him there but he has a ways to go.

Fulgham, JJAW and Hightower all played late into the game.  Hightower at least has an injury as an excuse and I expect him to beat the other two out.

I'm curious who starts at LBer too, I havent heard much about them in camp.

We got invited to go down on the field and hold the flag for the national anthem and my kids still didn't want to fight traffic to go.  Hopefully I can call fan services back and see if we can do a real game one of these days.
That's definitely a cool experience, if you haven't had a chance to do it before. Did it in 2019 before the Seattle regular season game. 

Hey, I know this song!! Some snippets rom the Athletic's Sheil Kapadia, on his recent visit to Colts camp:

2. The biggest red flag with Wentz might be that he’s failed to show the ability to improve on his biggest weaknesses. One of those is ball security. Wentz has fumbled 58 times over the past five seasons; that’s eight more fumbles than any other player. And keep in mind that’s in just 68 out of a possible 80 games.

The durability issues have been well-documented. Wentz’s foot injury from this summer has kept him out of training camp and could force him to miss time in the regular season. It’s also unclear what Wentz will look like when he returns. He consistently plays with a “keep every play alive” mentality, which could be even more problematic if he’s playing at less than 100 percent.

And the third issue is Wentz’s accuracy, which has gotten consistently worse. Next Gen Stats tracks completion percentage above expectation. It looks at the probability of a completion on every throw based on distance, separation, pressure and other factors. It then compares a quarterback’s actual completion percentage to his expected completion percentage. Wentz finished in the top 10 in 2017 and 2018 before falling to 23rd in 2019 and 40th in 2020. When his mechanics break down, Wentz fails to make even the “gimme” throws consistently.

3. Hope for the Colts to find the best version of Wentz rests with Reich. One of the most fascinating aspects of their relationship will center on what happens before the snap. Wentz wants to be in control. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. In 2017, teammates credited him with getting the offense to the right calls at the line of scrimmage.

“Carson is unique like that,” Reich told The Athletic. “He wants to be in control. He wants to make the checks. And I love that about him. But it is crystal clear that that has limits. He knows that. He’s like every great quarterback I’ve been around. They want to do it. But they all want limits. ‘Just help me stay in bounds, and give me the freedom to do some things.’ That’s where the sweet spot is. So we’ll provide that. We’ll provide parameters. We’ll provide direction. But when you’ve got a guy out on the field who can put you in the right position at the right time, you’d be foolish not to take advantage of that.”

4. Of course, there’s another side to that. In recent years, there were times when Wentz tried to do too much, the calls didn’t get communicated, and plays broke down.

“You try to go too far, you try to do too much, it’s miscommunication, you’ve got too much going on,” Reich said. “You’ve got a really smart quarterback, but the whole team needs to be able to play at the same speed. And you’ve got young guys who are on the roster for the first time. He’s a six-year vet. It’s our job as coaches. That’s part of the parameters that we need to set. ‘Hey, you have freedom to do a lot of stuff, but here’s the reins. And when we pull back, don’t resist. Just understand that’s our job.’ And he’s all-in on that. He’s all-in on the whole process. He knows that we believe in him in those situations, that we believe in him enough to give him the reins during the course of a game.”

Reich coached Wentz for two years and knows that managing this dynamic will be crucial to the Colts’ success.

“There’s uncomfortable moments,” he said. “We’re both pretty stubborn. We get in a disagreement, and it goes a step further than, ‘Oh that feels weird. We really don’t agree on this.’ But it’s always fine. We work through that stuff. Obviously as the coach, I’m always gonna have the last say. But I never try to use that position. I want it to be a collaborative thing. But there is a chain of command. That chain of command has to be followed for it to work.

Not an Eagles fan but how does Fulgham not even make the team? Dude balled out for a good stretch last year (I realize they were short handed) 
As an outsider it doesn’t make any sense to me. That dude was a beast when was in the starting line up and the other dude,  is it Greg Ward or something? Some no-name backup WR who did nothing but bail them out and played his heart out for them and they stopped playing him. 

I may not have a clue what I’m talking about but it seems weird from afar. 

As an outsider it doesn’t make any sense to me. That dude was a beast when was in the starting line up and the other dude,  is it Greg Ward or something? Some no-name backup WR who did nothing but bail them out and played his heart out for them and they stopped playing him. 

Yea guy has talent but apparently a 10 cent head. Doesn't seem to put the work in at practice. Probably why he hasn't caught on yet in the league. He might still make the team but he's not doing himself any favors.

Yea guy has talent but apparently a 10 cent head. Doesn't seem to put the work in at practice. Probably why he hasn't caught on yet in the league. He might still make the team but he's not doing himself any favors.
Yep. There’s a lot of players who just look at this as a job and not because the love the game. That will keep you doing the bare minimum 

The new coaching staff doesn't care what he did over a 3 game stretch last season 

Interesting ESPN article ranking all the position groups in the league.  Here's how we fared:

QB: 29
RB: 25
WR: 27
TE: 4
OL: 5
DL: 11
EDGE: 12
LB: 29
CB: 14
S: 11
Overall:  25

Interesting ESPN article ranking all the position groups in the league.  Here's how we fared:

QB: 29
RB: 25
WR: 27
TE: 4
OL: 5
DL: 11
EDGE: 12
LB: 29
CB: 14
S: 11
Overall:  25

ehh, i think they got too much of the off-season narrative with these rankings. we really suggesting there are only 2 teams in the league with worse QB situation then the rest of the league? i get they are closer to the bottom then the top of the league, but even with so many questions about Hurts, i would rather have him then 10 other QB situations around the league.

And Miles Sanders/RBs at 25 is rough. my guess is this is based a lot on last year stats, and doesn't take into account various factors. the OL was a shambles last year, if they are healthy for majority of games this year i have no doubt they are better than 6th worst. 

LBs are kind of weird too so low, and CBs seem significantly higher than they should be. but i guess the point of articles like this one are for clicks and to encourage debate about rankings, so it worked. 

I thought the Cowboys/Texans game was on last night so I tuned in for a little bit. Singleton made every tackle. He blew up a screen pass fighting through 3 alleged blockers. (Whoever number 67 for the Pats is- he’s gone. Missed two easy blocks on smaller people). 

Sad thing is Eagles cut him before they HAD TOO BRING HIM BACK and that preseason he was our best LB. Eagles accidentally got themselves a very good LB. Plus a fantastic story and person to boot. His Sister is part of the special olympics and he does a lot with them too. They are very close. I honestly might look into investing in his Jersey 

Not sure how to take this. I wish my buddy who posted on the Phillies board who did great O Line study and takes was here to explain this a bit more or if Schwartz is right. 
The tackles are backing up with edge rushers charging forward.  Gotta think that the deeper the drop the more of a disadvantage to the guy going in reverse.

McPherson also has a lot of work to do as well. From what I was told he was abused all week in practices and didn’t look good last night either. 

He looked good at the open practice too. I won't put much into these guys yet because we're running very vanilla Defenses and offenses right now which I honestly expected from this staff in year one pre season. 

The tackles are backing up with edge rushers charging forward.  Gotta think that the deeper the drop the more of a disadvantage to the guy going in reverse.

Depends on the technique and the blocking scheme if I remember. There are designed blocks for that where the QB can step in the pocket. I can't explain it as well as others. Given I don't know the play calling or the scheme the team is going to or is running its also a little harder to figure out as well. 

One of the disadvantages with a completely new staff is you don't know what you are looking for yourself. 

Honestly I take last nights game ad throw it away. Obviously look at the tape and guys who did well should remember it. We apparently played them well all practice this week. The game was meaningless (Someone tell Newton this as he's running his mouth on us now) preseason wise besides getting some looks at guys. We had our 2s in against the NE 1s and then were outmatched the whole game with our 3s playing their 2s and so fourth. It's like throwing a veteran back up like Brad Hoyer or someone like that in during the 4th qtr of a preseason game. Yeah the guy and WRs are gonna look a lot better against worse comp. 

Depends on the technique and the blocking scheme if I remember. There are designed blocks for that where the QB can step in the pocket. I can't explain it as well as others. Given I don't know the play calling or the scheme the team is going to or is running its also a little harder to figure out as well. 

One of the disadvantages with a completely new staff is you don't know what you are looking for yourself. 
This sounds right.  And it was Baldinger that gave a good rundown on this last year in his weekly twitter feed with Fran Dunphy.  Thanks for the info.

This sounds right.  And it was Baldinger that gave a good rundown on this last year in his weekly twitter feed with Fran Dunphy.  Thanks for the info.

Yeah until we know the scheme and all I'm not going after the OL guys yet. I'll comment on the "oh he should've blocked that guy better" "Oh yeah can't be doing that" "very good pick up etc" and so fourth type stuff. 

Also Matt Pryor seemed lost last night 

Sad thing is Eagles cut him before they HAD TOO BRING HIM BACK and that preseason he was our best LB. Eagles accidentally got themselves a very good LB. Plus a fantastic story and person to boot. His Sister is part of the special olympics and he does a lot with them too. They are very close. I honestly might look into investing in his Jersey 
I’m a big Singleton fan! He could the Eagles version of Dallas’ “Old School” Bill Bates. Great guy who knows what it’s like to earn and work. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how many people listen to the sports radio garbage here these days but, Mikey Miss reported on his show Sal Pal won't be a regular guest on 97.5 this year like he always is. Not sure if it has anything to do with the Week 17 fiasco where Sal Pal said the Eagles should be investigated for tanking the final game. When he was pressed on his comments on the Mikey Miss Show Sal backed off the comments and bottled up. After awhile he just hung up without a word saying he was done. This isn't a confirmed reason but it is speculated by crossing broad this could be part of the reason. 

Not sure how many people listen to the sports radio garbage here these days but, Mikey Miss reported on his show Sal Pal won't be a regular guest on 97.5 this year like he always is. Not sure if it has anything to do with the Week 17 fiasco where Sal Pal said the Eagles should be investigated for tanking the final game. When he was pressed on his comments on the Mikey Miss Show Sal backed off the comments and bottled up. After awhile he just hung up without a word saying he was done. This isn't a confirmed reason but it is speculated by crossing broad this could be part of the reason. 

No big loss. Sal Pal has been on the downside of his career the last few years. He probably needs to retire. Not that I like Mikey Miss at all but Sal was out of line in that interview. 

No big loss. Sal Pal has been on the downside of his career the last few years. He probably needs to retire. Not that I like Mikey Miss at all but Sal was out of line in that interview. 

I heard what happened at the time but didn't hear the interview. From people I know in the industry including my friend who did an internship with Macnow on WIP I did here Sal was  really unprofessional. At the time I was mostly chalking it up to "well he had to deal with Mikey Miss who is no saint in professionalism on his own." 

Does Devonta look like he's going to break out?  Right now I have him on my bench as my WR 4.  

I think Smith can put up some really good numbers despite the poor QB play I'm expecting this year but I don't think he breaks out this year. Next year depending on QB and how they feel about Hurts by then I would say yes. Won't be surprised if he has a week where he's on your bench and has over 30PTs. Definitely feel this year in fantasy he's more of a match up play then a must start and that could change as the year goes on. Long Term with the right QB I love him a lot. 

Users who are viewing this thread