What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (17 Viewers)

I am weirdly optimistic about this hire.  He works well with QBs.  Reich disciple.  This was all about fixing Carson Wentz and this is probably the best guy for the job.

He is very young though and doesn't have play calling experience.  But hey, I don't think Pederson did either and that worked out well.

Feel bad for Duce though, I wouldn't have mind him as coach.  Bienemy too.
i'm optimistic too, but who knows how this will go. Heard today that the Colts didn't have any interest in getting Carson despite them not having a QB with Rivers retiring. 

Maybe this is Eagles front office getting Reich back for when he left to Indy by taking one of his guys  :tinfoilhat:

I think this is total b.s., but now is the time to post it to motivate the Eagles:

Jeff McLane  @Jeff_McLane

35m

From an NFL source familiar w/ Sirianni’s credentials as a HC: “Good guy, solid candidate. Fairly smart but not super smart. Concern is he is likely to top out at a B-level coach for team that is in the mix to make the playoffs, but not a real SB chance. Low drama, even keel.”

I think this is total b.s., but now is the time to post it to motivate the Eagles:

35m

From an NFL source familiar w/ Sirianni’s credentials as a HC: “Good guy, solid candidate. Fairly smart but not super smart. Concern is he is likely to top out at a B-level coach for team that is in the mix to make the playoffs, but not a real SB chance. Low drama, even keel.”
I pretty much do t believe anything McClane says. He never has named sources. 

Got to imagine Duce says "I'm out" after this. He's run his course here. 
I’ll admit my first reaction to this news was a hit of disappointment Duce wasn’t going to get a shot.  Let’s see what happens with the staff over the next few days.

i'm optimistic too, but who knows how this will go. Heard today that the Colts didn't have any interest in getting Carson despite them not having a QB with Rivers retiring. 

Maybe this is Eagles front office getting Reich back for when he left to Indy by taking one of his guys  :tinfoilhat:
I think fixing Wentz is factored in but at the same time this guy has to run a team as well. I’ll be very curious who he signs as his other coaches. 

The mic’d up clip I shared reminded me of a McVay one I saw before he ended up being a HC. Same type of energy 

I think fixing Wentz is factored in but at the same time this guy has to run a team as well. I’ll be very curious who he signs as his other coaches. 

The mic’d up clip I shared reminded me of a McVay one I saw before he ended up being a HC. Same type of energy 
I hope he has the authority to pull the pin on Wentz after a year if he thinks its for the best.  If even ¼ of the rumoured stuff is true and it continues, there’ll be no fixing him.

from Google searches, hired into KC under Todd Haley then promoted to WR coach under Crennel there. Mike McCoy hired him as the QB coach in 2013 for the Chargers then QB coach in 2016. This is where he worked with Reich and Rivers. Reich took him along to Indy as the OC in 2018 and Rivers eventually joining there this past season.

seems to me Reich groomed him for the past few seasons and there's reason to be optimistic about this hire. the connection to Reich I'm sure had a lot to do with the choice, hopefully it's the right one for Wentz since as he goes, we go. overall as a leader though, jury remains silent. not much to go on.

going further back, from Wiki,

Sirianni began coaching the year after he graduated from college at his alma mater, Mt. Union, as the defensive backs coach
would think this means, at the least, he showed good football IQ.

Yeah same day we interviewed Bowles we were supposed to interview him and he never responded back but interviewed with the Texans. Rumors were that Reid and Vitt (?) told him not to because of how we treated Doug
read this yesterday, though "rumor" type of thing, that Reid may have influenced his non-interest.

GoBirds said:
Say we do that how big is the talent drop off to the #3 WR this year and what’s the furthest back you can drop and get him?
#3 probably Waddle, opinions are split but supposedly at one point he was mocked as the top WR as well.

I hope he has the authority to pull the pin on Wentz after a year if he thinks its for the best.  If even ¼ of the rumoured stuff is true and it continues, there’ll be no fixing him.
I’m sure having worked with Reich he’d have a good idea how to work with Wentz. Wentz like Howie have to know they’re on a short leash  

read this yesterday, though "rumor" type of thing, that Reid may have influenced his non-interest.
Yeah and we don’t know for sure but we do know is that he didn’t want to do it. 

but houston is a good place to work?
I’m pretty sure Watson has been advocating for him and they screwed him over once already

from Google searches, hired into KC under Todd Haley then promoted to WR coach under Crennel there. Mike McCoy hired him as the QB coach in 2013 for the Chargers then QB coach in 2016. This is where he worked with Reich and Rivers. Reich took him along to Indy as the OC in 2018 and Rivers eventually joining there this past season.

seems to me Reich groomed him for the past few seasons and there's reason to be optimistic about this hire. the connection to Reich I'm sure had a lot to do with the choice, hopefully it's the right one for Wentz since as he goes, we go. overall as a leader though, jury remains silent. not much to go on.

going further back, from Wiki,

would think this means, at the least, he showed good football IQ.
Maybe but his father and brother were both coaches at the school as well. 

We got a coach! Never heard of him but he comes across well in the mic up video....not a big name but we all know how the last one of those ended. I’m fine with it. 

“I think one silver lining of this is Sirianni is likely to retain the aggressive decision making Doug brought to the league. I believe the Colts were the most aggressive team in 4th down/two point situations when analytics supported it.

If Sirianni retains this thought process (I imagine he would coaching under Reich and coming to a forward thinking organization in Philly) I think it’s a good start. I would also think this hire makes it more likely they draft a WR at No. 6

Background as a WRs coach, and the Eagles, after cuts, are going to have one capable player at the position going into the season. The offense in Indy made a point of getting guys in YAC situations.

Overall, players were improved under him. Tyrell Williams was a 1,000 yard WR, Keenan Allen was a 1,300 yard WR in his first healthy season with Sirianni, Hilton a 1,200 yard WR in 2018 in just 14 games. Probably bodes well for Reagor.“

“I think one silver lining of this is Sirianni is likely to retain the aggressive decision making Doug brought to the league. I believe the Colts were the most aggressive team in 4th down/two point situations when analytics supported it.

If Sirianni retains this thought process (I imagine he would coaching under Reich and coming to a forward thinking organization in Philly) I think it’s a good start. I would also think this hire makes it more likely they draft a WR at No. 6

Background as a WRs coach, and the Eagles, after cuts, are going to have one capable player at the position going into the season. The offense in Indy made a point of getting guys in YAC situations.

Overall, players were improved under him. Tyrell Williams was a 1,000 yard WR, Keenan Allen was a 1,300 yard WR in his first healthy season with Sirianni, Hilton a 1,200 yard WR in 2018 in just 14 games. Probably bodes well for Reagor.“
Hilton sucked in 2020 & I am sure other example under him. Don't cherry pick =p

Deranged Hermit said:
Unfortunately I think that's where the best value will be. My choice would be Sewell, but I think there's little chance he gets past Miami. Even if he does, there's no way Cincy passes on him. 

The LB from Penn State is interesting,  but I don't think they pass on Smith or Chase. 

*sigh* If only they had taken Jefferson last year.
Not sure why everyone is giving up on Raegor so quickly. He showed a ton of promise I thought

Not sure why everyone is giving up on Raegor so quickly. He showed a ton of promise I thought
You're in denial if you don't wish they had taken Jefferson, but that's old news and Reagor did show some positives towards the end of the year.

He showed the ability to consistently run at least a couple of routes well, he got open 2 or 3 times in the last few games on post routes where he showed speed and the ability to burst off the break and create separation.  Hurts missed or didn't attempt those throws.  He also did pretty well for similar reasons running deep outs, he consistently got separation on those as well, and that's one of the few routes Hurts throws well consistently.

Hopefully the new staff will do more to manufacture touches for him with WR screens, other short receptions etc.  There are really only two explosive players right now on the offense, Sanders and Reagor, so they need to do more to get the ball to them and less to the likes of Greg Ward. 

I come in peace and mean this with all sincerity. It sounds like a “control” (puppet)  hire - something Jerry Jones would do (aka Garrett). 

Smart guy, engaging, good with QBs and seemingly sharing managements views. 

I come in peace and mean this with all sincerity. It sounds like a “control” (puppet)  hire - something Jerry Jones would do (aka Garrett). 

Smart guy, engaging, good with QBs and seemingly sharing managements views. 

Hopefully both sides have seen what that gets them.  We'll see.

You're in denial if you don't wish they had taken Jefferson,
As a group, can we agree to let this go before it becomes another Graham-Thomas thing? Not picking on you Ash, just wish everyone would get over it since it's history, like you said. I'm guessing Jefferson would have looked like ### here anyway in this offense and we'd be wishing we did something different. 

As a group, can we agree to let this go before it becomes another Graham-Thomas thing? Not picking on you Ash, just wish everyone would get over it since it's history, like you said. I'm guessing Jefferson would have looked like ### here anyway in this offense and we'd be wishing we did something different. 
Um, in the next few words I said that's old news?  I agree.  Besides I'm sure we'll have something new to complain about after Howie's next draft.🤣

35m

Is it just me or does that also describe Doug 5 years ago. 

Is it just me or does that also describe Doug 5 years ago. 
I just read that article.  Calling McDaniels "more qualified" is a stretch given the huge number of red flags he comes with.  *That* would have seemed like a desperation move IMO.  Also saw elsewhere the Pats offensive DVOA the 3 years McDaniels was gone were 1st, 1st and 5th (I think, on the last one?).  They clearly didn't fall apart without him.

Edit: Just had a revelation:  Interviewing McDaniels and the leaks about him being the new HC was a ploy to deflect any criticism from the eventual hire, as everyone is filled with overwhelming relief.

Well played, Eagles.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not giving up on him, they just need more help there. If Sewell is there, by all means they should take him. Big need. I just don't think anyone else gives you the pedigree that the two WR do except maybe Parsons. They certainly can use help at LB.

Got to imagine Duce says "I'm out" after this. He's run his course here. 
My concern is if Duce was so good how come others in the league haven’t come calling? Seems like a nice guy and he was the players mouth piece relaying the negative stuff a Kelly was doing to Lurie so it’s one of the reasons they liked him. However why aren’t other teams calling for him? Wouldn’t mind him as an OC first but I think we tend to overate overrate our own here at times. 

35m

Sounds like BS literally ever article I e read says how smart he is. Jeff is just butthurt as usual throwing a temper tantrum 

I’ll admit my first reaction to this news was a hit of disappointment Duce wasn’t going to get a shot.  Let’s see what happens with the staff over the next few days.
My reaction:

Thank god they didn’t take McDaniels. Domo’s article today tore into him and gave credit to what I put out last week about Josh still have that stigma from opting out as well as time in Den. Didn’t come off as a great leader in interviews and comes off as way too cocky 

Also said about Duce he didn’t like how he thought the Eagles babied wentz. Not sure how true that is but apparently from what I took from the article Duce may have not been hired do to differences of opinions on Carson

I read he coaches to guys strengths and tries to coach them in a positive way not going on the negatives. Seemed more of he coaches players through what their best assets are only brings in negatives when it has to be done  

Users who are viewing this thread