What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Philadelphia Eagles - Queued up a playlist of our greatest zits throughout the season for final game (5 Viewers)

Hypothetically, if we were to trade for Deshawn Watson, what trade assets would you feel is a good deal?  I feel like All 3 firsts next year (assuming the Colts pick is a first) is too high, we need at least one of those to continue to build.
I wouldn't give up any first. Maybe a 3rd with conditions it becomes a 2nd or 1st on Variables like Pro Bowl, games/Plays %, MVP, Winning the SB etc. We have so many holes though I don't know if we'd be ready to compete in 2 yrs. We still have Howie that mucks things up as well. 

Even if he settles the case his Value is gonna be a lot lower then it was before this. Before this it would've taken probably all 3 1st plus more for him. 

Thanks. In the future I wouldn't mind you not replying to any of my posts as they mostly don't mean ####.   TIA
Lol what?  Where's the hostility coming from?  I just made a joke about smith's weight, yikes dude.

You're welcome to put me on ignore if you don't want to read my posts. Easiest way. 

Former Eagle Corey Clement is getting a tryout with the Giants this weekend during their minicamp.

Can't wait for all the Giants fans to act like "LoL, wE sToLe yOuR giRl!" if they sign him. 
If they go sign Burton and trade for Foles, we now the Philly Special is coming against us.

Deamon said:
Right?  Not sure where that suddenly came from, I've never had any disagreements with need2know at all.

He did say he was drinking all day so maybe that's why.  Still weird tho.
Yeah I didn't see anything malicious in your post or anything. Probably would've said the joke myself had you not beat me to it 

Even if the only thing he has left is the ability to consistently wreck us twice a year like he always has, putting him on our sidelines could be worth it alone! 
yeah, completely agree. I believe he played matched up against Lane for most of the time, and I remember Lane saying how he was one of the top guys to play against. think it might have been his speed or something, but either way bringing him in to even catch up with Lane to discuss how he was able to tear up the Eagles would be worth what we are paying him, even if he has nothing left

Eagles sign Ryan Kerrigan to a 1 year deal. Have no clue if he has anything left 
At the least least it prevents Hurts getting killed by him. If he has anything left hopefully its a situational pass rusher and good veteran depth to help with the younger guys. I agree with you it feels like Long a few yrs back. 

HFS, they let Kerrigan come to us!?!? Wow. 

Kerrigan has plenty left, and he's going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder, and he's that kind of guy.

Massive coup for the Eagles. Enjoy your new toy. I'm going to sorely miss him in the B&G.
I do agree that he has some left and will be a good player for a couple years.  Problem is that we won't be a good team for a couple years.  It's hard to get excited about signing old vets when they'll be gone by the time we are competitive.

Trade the young guy and sign an old guy for a rebuild, sounds like Howie. 
If he won't sign long term, then trading is better than nothing.  That's what happens when you're a bad team.  A lot with him and Goedert and maybe Mailata will depend on how this year goes.

I do agree that he has some left and will be a good player for a couple years.  Problem is that we won't be a good team for a couple years.  It's hard to get excited about signing old vets when they'll be gone by the time we are competitive.
I'm excited our QB won't get killed while playing The Football Team 

Trade the young guy and sign an old guy for a rebuild, sounds like Howie. 
If they aren't gonna resign Barnett then it's better to get something for him now while you know you got someone in here for depth. Could probably get more value in return right now then whatever comp pick we receive for him leaving 

@AdamSchefter

Trade: Jaguars are dealing CB Josiah Scott to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for CB Jameson Houston and a 2023 sixth-round pick, per sources.

@DZangaroNBCS

Scott was a 4th-rounder out of Michigan State last year. Played in six games with the Jags, just 80 defensive snaps. At 5-9, 185 probably a nickel option.

NFL.com's Lance Zierlein listed Avonte Maddox as his comp in the pre-draft process.

Scott was a 4th-rounder out of Michigan State last year. Played in six games with the Jags, just 80 defensive snaps. At 5-9, 185 probably a nickel option.

NFL.com's Lance Zierlein listed Avonte Maddox as his comp in the pre-draft process.
I think this trade likely means that they have settled on Maddox as their outside/CB2 and hope Scott (or someone else on the roster) can emerge as their starting nickel. So, probably no more moves coming for CB until closer to the end of the preseason when they may see a roster cut-down they want to use a waiver claim on. 

@AdamSchefter

Trade: Jaguars are dealing CB Josiah Scott to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for CB Jameson Houston and a 2023 sixth-round pick, per sources.

@DZangaroNBCS

damn i got excited when I saw we traded for a CB and then looked him up lol

Bigboy10182000 said:
It’s not really about what he was last year though.  I’m sceptical on Hurts, but hope he takes the opportunity.  I looked up McNabb’s rookie numbers recently, and they were bad.  McNabb improved, but he didn’t change if you get what I mean.  He became a legit Top 10 QB but never was the most accurate guy.

I hope Hurts improves enough this season that it’s not an easy choice on what to do in the offseason.

It’s not really about what he was last year though.  I’m sceptical on Hurts, but hope he takes the opportunity.  I looked up McNabb’s rookie numbers recently, and they were bad.  McNabb improved, but he didn’t change if you get what I mean.  He became a legit Top 10 QB but never was the most accurate guy.

I hope Hurts improves enough this season that it’s not an easy choice on what to do in the offseason.
Ya.  I mean you're usually an eye test guy over stats (and I trust your eye test) so stats don't mean that much.  He just didn't look like he threw the ball well... but I'm also hopeful he improves.  Just because I don't think he's good, doesn't mean I don't want him to be good. My team finding a future QB is 10000 x more important than "being right".

Go Hurts!

The Noid said:
I think this trade likely means that they have settled on Maddox as their outside/CB2 and hope Scott (or someone else on the roster) can emerge as their starting nickel. So, probably no more moves coming for CB until closer to the end of the preseason when they may see a roster cut-down they want to use a waiver claim on. 
So here's the current Eagles CBs: Darius Slay, Avonte Maddox, Craig James, Josiah Scott, Zech McPhearson, Mike Jacquet, Kevon Seymour, Lavert Hill, Shakial Taylor plus Grayland Arnold and Nate Meadors have CB/S versatility

They HAVE to add a starter through FA or trade before the season for this not to be one of the worst set of CB’s in the league. 

The Noid said:
Either that or means Nelson is asking for too much 

So here's the current Eagles CBs: Darius Slay, Avonte Maddox, Craig James, Josiah Scott, Zech McPhearson, Mike Jacquet, Kevon Seymour, Lavert Hill, Shakial Taylor plus Grayland Arnold and Nate Meadors have CB/S versatility

They HAVE to add a starter through FA or trade before the season for this not to be one of the worst set of CB’s in the league. 
Arnold is more of a S they list him as One 

I think there's a slight chance they do something at CB after June 1 when they cut Ertz and free up some cap (maybe try to get Nelson on a 1-year deal?), but I still think it's more likely we are at the "what you see is what you'll get" point for our 2021 DBs.

I think there's a slight chance they do something at CB after June 1 when they cut Ertz and free up some cap (maybe try to get Nelson on a 1-year deal?), but I still think it's more likely we are at the "what you see is what you'll get" point for our 2021 DBs.
Ya and I don't even mind that.  See what the young guys have.  Cut the fat next offseason and draft accordingly.

Ya and I don't even mind that.  See what the young guys have.  Cut the fat next offseason and draft accordingly.
Yeah got to see what some of these young guys can do. Scott I found out is Nicknamed The NAT because he's such a pessed to Receivers. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gainwell take on an Austin Ekler type role in the offense similar to when Ekler was first in SD and continued in LA with Chargers till Melvin Gordon Left. Lining him up in the backfield, sometimes WR, possible special teams. I think he might other then Smith this year have the biggest rookie impact of our rookies this year 

Seeing a lot of Julio Jones and the Eagles being linked and just not buying it. The Watson stuff, for sure. That's a very realistic situation we would be involved with considering our needs, our assets, and where we are as a team.

But having any realistic involvement in a 32yo WR with an injury history and a huge contract that would cost a reasonably significant asset (2nd rounder, at least?) for a rebuilding team just doesn't make any sense. I think we get lumped in on these types of speculations mostly because the talking heads putting it out there know our fanbase will give them plenty of clicks and reactions.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ash
Seeing a lot of Julio Jones and the Eagles being linked and just not buying it. The Watson stuff, for sure. That's a very realistic situation we would be involved with considering our needs, our assets, and where we are as a team.

But having any realistic involvement in a 32yo WR with an injury history and a huge contract that would cost a reasonably significant asset (2nd rounder, at least?) for a rebuilding team just doesn't make any sense. I think we get lumped in on these types of speculations mostly because the talking heads putting it out there know our fanbase will give them plenty of clicks and reactions.
Yeah, agreed. Unless he knows how to play corner, I don't see it.

The Noid said:

He's not coming here. You know the philly media. Any big name WR from AnQuan Bolden to David Boston is thought to definitely be coming to Philly any moment now. 

Users who are viewing this thread