Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*Official 2021 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Schedule release is official, we can definitely double our tie total from last season


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was able to attend a “Meet The Coaching Staff” Zoom this morning for select Season Ticket Members, hosted by Dave Spadaro and I jotted down some notes, for anyone interested. Spadaro prefaced eve

Whoever this guy in the Eagles draft room is, he did NOT like the Milton Williams pick 

I've never googled pictures of Rodney peete. His wife however...

Another mock another prognostication that eagles take a qb.  Fields at 6.

my question is can they take a qb in round one and keep hurts?  The old not looking over their shoulder at hurts argument - but besides that, isnt hurts value too high to ride the pines?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Another mock another prognostication that eagles take a qb.  Fields at 6.

my question is can they take a qb in round one and keep hurts?  The old not looking over their shoulder at hurts argument - but besides that, isnt hurts value too high to ride the pines?

Who knows? It's not like the new coach is beholden to Hurts. Plus with Howie leading the way, they can justify another QB any way they like. 

With that said, I think these QB mocks are leaks from the team to get other teams to trade up to their spot or higher to drive good players down to six.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Insein said:

Another Jeff McClane drama piece today. The problem with these pieces is that some of it very may be true but when he adds parts like this. 

"Lurie is a likable figure. He’s idealistic, which can often leave him unsatisfied. Even after the Super Bowl win, he questioned defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz on his unit’s poor performance against the Patriots.

A year later, after the Eagles skirted past the Bears in the first round of the playoffs, Lurie was despondent in the locker room because the offense had scored only 16 points, sources said. In 2019, when the Eagles upset the Packers on the road, 34-27, Lurie’s elation was muted because the offense had favored the running game."

Come on now. Lurie was far from despondent after a playoff win and who would ever get upset with a win because they ran the ball too much. These are absurd anecdotes that make the rest unbelievable by association.

No one wants to nitpick a Super Bowl win, but I would have more of a concern if Lurie was happy with the defenses performance. :shrug:

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tom Hagen said:

No one wants to nitpick a Super Bowl win, but I would have more of a concern if Lurie was happy with the defenses performance. :shrug:

We all had issue with the defense. But if Lurie was so upset with the defense, he sure showed it in a funny way by letting Schwartz stay on as DC for 3 more seasons.

  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Hagen said:

No one wants to nitpick a Super Bowl win, but I would have more of a concern if Lurie was happy with the defenses performance. :shrug:

The defense was tired.  BDN was scoring too fast :P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Another mock another prognostication that eagles take a qb.  Fields at 6.

my question is can they take a qb in round one and keep hurts?  The old not looking over their shoulder at hurts argument - but besides that, isnt hurts value too high to ride the pines?

They wouldn't keep Hurts longer then this year unless they plan on using him like Tysom Hill. Hurts is a better passer then Hill but both have similar skillsets and Hurts could play H-Back/TE etc if needed. However they'd probably just want to trade him. I know they aren't sold on Hurts and even Les Bowen was surprised with Mort's report about the Eagles all in on Hurts. Most of upper manager didn't want Carson gone but after they realized they couldn't make amends. I'd be shocked if they don't take a QB. Besides we got a new HC who probably wants HIS GUY. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Insein said:

We all had issue with the defense. But if Lurie was so upset with the defense, he sure showed it in a funny way by letting Schwartz stay on as DC for 3 more seasons.

Hear me out on this one. We've all speculated Doug Pederson was never THEIR GUY despite them saying he was all along. Did The Eagles keep Schwartz solely because he had HC experience? If Doug were fired Schwartz at the time takes over at least as an intermediary. You let go of Schwartz whos intermHC if Doug gets fired? I know its a weak argument but perhaps this was their thinking. Just based on their moves involving Doug and his assistants one has to wonder if Lurie didn't have much faith in Doug anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FBG Moderator said:

Don't

Not exactly sure what was wrong with what I posted. I was explaining to another poster what I meant in post do to an accidentally post in the wrong thread that got an off topic discussion going but I'll degrees on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 7:47 PM, Insein said:

Another Jeff McClane drama piece today. The problem with these pieces is that some of it very may be true but when he adds parts like this. 

"Lurie is a likable figure. He’s idealistic, which can often leave him unsatisfied. Even after the Super Bowl win, he questioned defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz on his unit’s poor performance against the Patriots.

A year later, after the Eagles skirted past the Bears in the first round of the playoffs, Lurie was despondent in the locker room because the offense had scored only 16 points, sources said. In 2019, when the Eagles upset the Packers on the road, 34-27, Lurie’s elation was muted because the offense had favored the running game."

Come on now. Lurie was far from despondent after a playoff win and who would ever get upset with a win because they ran the ball too much. These are absurd anecdotes that make the rest unbelievable by association.

Yep. He’s a story teller and ALWAYS embellishes. He’s 100% a tabloid journalist and has been doing this for a long, long time. The worst part is that everyone knows it too but it’s always a “big story”, hes literally Scott Templeton from the Wire lol

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Yep. He’s a story teller and ALWAYS embellishes. He’s 100% a tabloid journalist and has been doing this for a long, long time. The worst part is that everyone knows it too but it’s always a “big story”, hes literally Scott Templeton from the Wire lol

Not sure why anyone gives him the time of day anymore. I'm waiting for one of these players to go Jake Voracek on him. That would be something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Yep. He’s a story teller and ALWAYS embellishes. He’s 100% a tabloid journalist and has been doing this for a long, long time. The worst part is that everyone knows it too but it’s always a “big story”, hes literally Scott Templeton from the Wire lol

That is a fantastic analogy. :thumbup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Yep. He’s a story teller and ALWAYS embellishes. He’s 100% a tabloid journalist and has been doing this for a long, long time. The worst part is that everyone knows it too but it’s always a “big story”, hes literally Scott Templeton from the Wire lol

Also how bad am I to have never watched The Wire? I hear good things about it but I've been catching up on so much over the years it's hard to keep track especially when you are trying to stay current with everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Also how bad am I to have never watched The Wire? I hear good things about it but I've been catching up on so much over the years it's hard to keep track especially when you are trying to stay current with everyone. 

Worth a watch

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Insein said:

Worth a watch

Not sure I'd make it through the first few episodes. I heard it's really slow build but worth it if you can get past that. I have a vacation coming up Easter week so maybe I might try it then 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Also how bad am I to have never watched The Wire? I hear good things about it but I've been catching up on so much over the years it's hard to keep track especially when you are trying to stay current with everyone. 

Bad

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Not exactly sure what was wrong with what I posted. I was explaining to another poster what I meant in post do to an accidentally post in the wrong thread that got an off topic discussion going but I'll degrees on it. 

 

Exactly what was quoted. Do way less calling people gullible and be way more cool if you want to post here. Thanks. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Between all of the “immaturity” issues he made up in the Cam Newton thread and now these accusations about RGIII and Vick, I’m starting to see a pattern.

We already asked him to be more cool. Drop it. This kind of slap fighting to keep the drama going between posters is exactly what we don't want. 

Keep it 100% about Football. Not other posters. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Sorry, I wasn’t looking to fight - just an observation that he likes to make up unsubstantiated issues with some players and I think I see a pattern developing  that’s a little gross to be honest.

But I will drop it.

Thank you. If you see something like you're saying thats's well over the line and needs a moderator to look, please report it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Also how bad am I to have never watched The Wire? I hear good things about it but I've been catching up on so much over the years it's hard to keep track especially when you are trying to stay current with everyone. 

Dude.  You gotta watch the wire.  I didn’t like the last season much, but before that, some of the best TV there is.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FBG Moderator said:

 

 

Exactly what was quoted. Do way less calling people gullible and be way more cool if you want to post here. Thanks. 

I appreciate the response back. I was just a little surprised that got the attention here as it wasn't anyone specific here. So that was a bit surprising. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ash said:

Dude.  You gotta watch the wire.  I didn’t like the last season much, but before that, some of the best TV there is.

Yeah I'll take a look at it when I got more time. Is it on Netflix or somewhere else? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports have Zach Ertz becoming impatient as they are looking for a high draft pick to trade him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Reports have Zach Ertz becoming impatient as they are looking for a high draft pick to trade him. 

I think Tuesday is the deadline before a bonus kicks in. They'll probably take the best offer as they don't get comp picks if they cut him. 

Edited by Insein
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Insein said:

I think Tuesday is the deadline before a bonus kicks in. They'll probably take the best offer as they don't get comp picks if they cut him. 

Thought the League year starts tomorrow or is it Tuesday? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also guys I apologize for the mods showing up here. Was a bit surprised to say the least about the post that was warned. Apologizing because It wouldn't have happened had I posted what brought that post up in the right thread. Not sure what that other noise was about nor do I care 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Yeah I'll take a look at it when I got more time. Is it on Netflix or somewhere else? 

hbo max only.  hbo does not give anyone else its treasure, nor should they

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • The Noid changed the title to *Official 2021 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* NFL Free Agency has begun :Squidward looking out the window meme:
1 hour ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Isaac Seumalo is the lone Eagle left from the 2016 draft class. Like we all predicted.

It wasn't a bad class. Obviously didn't turn out good either. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Mills signs with the Patriots for 4 years 24 million and 9 million guaranteed.  

Was hoping we could keep him around with the lack of Safety depth. Rudy Ford also left for Jags 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dianna Russina reported a top FA WR she talked too said he was willing to take a 1 year prove it deal. She them further went into detailing saying she's heard a few top WR FAs might do this. I wouldn't be opposed to this for the right guy and money and if they play worth their weight with more flexibility next offseason to resign them long term. Could be low risk high reward type deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoever is the Jets QB got a nice toy 

Former Titans’ WR Corey Davis reached agreement on a three-year, $37.5 million deal that includes $27 million guaranteed with the New York Jets, per sources.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Whoever is the Jets QB got a nice toy 

Former Titans’ WR Corey Davis reached agreement on a three-year, $37.5 million deal that includes $27 million guaranteed with the New York Jets, per sources.

Jeez, all the Titans receivers are heading to the AFC east

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Agholor and Hicks got chunks too. That 2015 Chip draft didn’t do to bad today. 

Ya that was agholor's numbers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles have to deal with Fitzmagic as he signed a 1 year deal with WFT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

Agholor sucks. 

Don;t worry it's not like he has anyone to throw him the ball to give him oppurtunies to drop a pass right now anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blackbear said:

Agholor sucks. 

Hes very average.   Like your team right now

I dont know why the eagles or Patriots would pay for that right now 

Edited by need2know
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Eagles have to deal with Fitzmagic as he signed a 1 year deal with WFT. 

The good news is that Schwartz is gone. Fitz owns him and his defenses: 4-0, 1200 yards, 9 TDs, 106 passer rating.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Deamon said:

Ya that was agholor's numbers. 

I actually meant Rowe 

Agholor, Rowe and Hicks were Chip’s first 3 picks from 2015 draft and got decent paydays within the last year or so. Meanwhile, our lone holdover from the 2016 draft is Seamolu 

Fire Howie

Edited by Bigboy10182000
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • The Noid changed the title to *Official 2021 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Schedule release is official, we can definitely double our tie total from last season
  • The Noid changed the title to *Official 2021 Philadelphia Eagles Thread* Quarterback Flacctory

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...